rjquillin


quality posts: 286 Private Messages rjquillin
jmdavidson wrote:I'd take a pound or two.

You too!
And Hi to your sis.

CT

hscottk


quality posts: 4 Private Messages hscottk
rjquillin wrote:

I did end up with a confirmed mystery case from zepaltas.
Score.



Were you able to grab one of the $1 mags? I wasn't quick enough.

klezman


quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman
awl85 wrote:Picked up a 3 pack of Theo PS.



Nice...that one also didn't make the cut for me but sounded very interesting.

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

klezman


quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman
losthighwayz wrote:Any interest in splitting Briceland zin/Syrah 6 pack offer?



That's too elegant for Kyle

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

klezman


quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:If it would keep a year, I'd find a place for it.

I did end up with a confirmed mystery case from zepaltas.
Score.

Hope Klez has room...



No worries...I'll just have to do some quality control on that Zepaltas stuff. Can't be sending crappy juice down your way, after all.

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

klezman


quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:You ~will~ be coming down here to collect on this one.
Order No. 1113441189



Hot damn.
when's the party? We'll also help with a pound or so. Well done sir!

I got a case from Briceland (love his wines), the Tercero Rose since it's cheaper than I'll be able to buy it in 3 months when it's released to the club, a couple of bottle from Princess and Peasant (thanks Scott), and am still considering whether to jump in on some of that Bailiwick Cab Franc. Shipping is too expensive for 6 bottles, though, and I spent too much $ already.

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

losthighwayz


quality posts: 82 Private Messages losthighwayz
klezman wrote:Hot damn.
when's the party? We'll also help with a pound or so. Well done sir!

I got a case from Briceland (love his wines), the Tercero Rose since it's cheaper than I'll be able to buy it in 3 months when it's released to the club, a couple of bottle from Princess and Peasant (thanks Scott), and am still considering whether to jump in on some of that Bailiwick Cab Franc. Shipping is too expensive for 6 bottles, though, and I spent too much $ already.



Have you had Bailiwick before? I was looking at the CF and some of their PN. Would splitting shipping cost make sense?

"The older I get the better I was"

rjquillin


quality posts: 286 Private Messages rjquillin
hscottk wrote:Were you able to grab one of the $1 mags? I wasn't quick enough.

I was astounded he still had the cases I was so slow.

CT

tytiger58


quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58
klezman wrote:No worries...I'll just have to do some quality control on that Zepaltas stuff. Can't be sending crappy juice down your way, after all.



Zepaltas made some really good afwe wines! I never bought enough of those? Oh well too many wines to buy. Maybe there will be a distributor dump in the future?

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




chipgreen


quality posts: 285 Private Messages chipgreen

Had to work yesterday then spent most of the night visiting FIL in the hospital but I did manage to get in on a case of Campesino Isa today.

InFrom


quality posts: 48 Private Messages InFrom

Those Tercero and Campesino roses both had me sorry that my local wine-sharing network seems to be falling apart. I'd have liked to be in on either of them. I did pick up some Franny Beck, after reading you-all's love after last BD. Last year I sat on the sidelines, this year I had to get something.

InFrom


quality posts: 48 Private Messages InFrom
chipgreen wrote:Had to work yesterday then spent most of the night visiting FIL in the hospital but I did manage to get in on a case of Campesino Isa today.

Glad you got to salvage something out of BD! Sorry to hear your FIL is not well.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 257 Private Messages kylemittskus

6 bottles of DV8, 3 Campesino rosé and 1 Syrah, and a bottle of Franny Beck (I think the base bottle).

Super tempted by both he sardines and the tuna, but then I remembered I can't have nice things.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

InFrom


quality posts: 48 Private Messages InFrom
kylemittskus wrote:6 bottles of DV8, 3 Campesino rosé and 1 Syrah, and a bottle of Franny Beck (I think the base bottle).

Super tempted by both he sardines and the tuna, but then I remembered I can't have nice things.

Don't they have any Spanish import stores out there in CA?

awl85


quality posts: 8 Private Messages awl85
klezman wrote: ... still considering whether to jump in on some of that Bailiwick Cab Franc. Shipping is too expensive for 6 bottles, though, and I spent too much $ already.



No kidding, I'm seeing shipping starting around $17 and that's for just one bottle.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 257 Private Messages kylemittskus
InFrom wrote:Don't they have any Spanish import stores out there in CA?



Maybe. I don't get out much.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

klezman


quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman
awl85 wrote:No kidding, I'm seeing shipping starting around $17 and that's for just one bottle.



Yeah...6 was $28 but a case was $33. I'm still on the fence - love me some good CF, but spent more than I should and have too much wine already. A better answer is for others to buy it and share

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

losthighwayz


quality posts: 82 Private Messages losthighwayz

[quote postid="7064724" user="losthighwayz"]Have you had Bailiwick before? I was looking at the CF and some of their PN. Would splitting shipping cost make sense?[/quote

"The older I get the better I was"

losthighwayz


quality posts: 82 Private Messages losthighwayz
awl85 wrote:No kidding, I'm seeing shipping starting around $17 and that's for just one bottle.



You in to split a case?

"The older I get the better I was"

losthighwayz


quality posts: 82 Private Messages losthighwayz
klezman wrote:Yeah...6 was $28 but a case was $33. I'm still on the fence - love me some good CF, but spent more than I should and have too much wine already. A better answer is for others to buy it and share



See my comment. Thoughts?

"The older I get the better I was"

awl85


quality posts: 8 Private Messages awl85
losthighwayz wrote:You in to split a case?



I'm good. Got what I wanted from BD. Mainly learning from winemakers and wine lovers interaction. I was only curious about what klez was seeing for shipping.

klezman


quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman
losthighwayz wrote:You in to split a case?



Not sure...talking with Ron about that also. Maybe next email we'll add you and we can see if the shipping scales nicely with more than a case?
But then again I shouldn't be buying even more. We'll see.

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

losthighwayz


quality posts: 82 Private Messages losthighwayz
klezman wrote:Not sure...talking with Ron about that also. Maybe next email we'll add you and we can see if the shipping scales nicely with more than a case?
But then again I shouldn't be buying even more. We'll see.



Sounds good.

"The older I get the better I was"

rjquillin


quality posts: 286 Private Messages rjquillin
losthighwayz wrote:Sounds good.

Which producer we talking about?

CT

awl85


quality posts: 8 Private Messages awl85
rjquillin wrote:Which producer we talking about?



I think it was Bailiwick

cortot20


quality posts: 293 Private Messages cortot20
awl85 wrote:I think it was Bailiwick



Bailiwick lanes. 2 for 1 games on Thursday night only.

CT

awl85


quality posts: 8 Private Messages awl85
cortot20 wrote:Bailiwick lanes. 2 for 1 games on Thursday night only.



Hm. Has there ever been a socal gathering with bowling, food, and wine?

awl85


quality posts: 8 Private Messages awl85
jmdavidson wrote:If last year I hadn't bought a case of the 2010's, along with 08's and 09's from other offers and last year's BD special of 2013 6 Acre CS, I would have been all over that deal. For roughly $40 a bottle shipped...amazing.



Just saw the update by steve in the congruence offer thread. There is one more case left.

tytiger58


quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58
awl85 wrote:Hm. Has there ever been a socal gathering with bowling, food, and wine?


bowling and wine...I don't think so, pretty sure bowling is a beer gathering

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




tytiger58


quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58
awl85 wrote:Just saw the update by steve in the congruence offer thread. There is one more case left.


So frigging tempting...

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




awl85


quality posts: 8 Private Messages awl85
tytiger58 wrote:bowling and wine...I don't think so, pretty sure bowling is a beer gathering



so when is that gathering happening?

jmdavidson


quality posts: 69 Private Messages jmdavidson
awl85 wrote:Just saw the update by steve in the congruence offer thread. There is one more case left.


The only case I would have to worry about, if I bought it, is a divorce case.

rjquillin


quality posts: 286 Private Messages rjquillin
tytiger58 wrote:So frigging tempting...

Only $250 each for a split case...

CT

awl85


quality posts: 8 Private Messages awl85
jmdavidson wrote:The only case I would have to worry about, if I bought it, is a divorce case.



Ahahaha! A 2 for 1!

tytiger58


quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58
rjquillin wrote:Only $250 each for a split case...



I wish I could but no can do right now...Made the no girls list and am debating an order that's coming on the 3rd.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




tytiger58


quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58
awl85 wrote:Ahahaha! A 2 for 1!



No the divorce case would be at least 10 to 1 not in JM's favor

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




klezman


quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman
tytiger58 wrote:I wish I could but no can do right now...Made the no girls list and am debating an order that's coming on the 3rd.



That's a good Grenache!

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

awl85


quality posts: 8 Private Messages awl85
tytiger58 wrote:No the divorce case would be at least 10 to 1 not in JM's favor



Daym! You even calculated the odds. That's cold-blooded.

rjquillin


quality posts: 286 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:That's a good, and pricey, Grenache!

iftfy
as is the Syrah..

CT

bsevern


quality posts: 115 Private Messages bsevern

Did anyone get in on that UC Davis vintage wine collection that was offered on BD?