tiger7610

quality posts: 20 Private Messages tiger7610

I think the community is slowly dying. Where is everyone?

karenhynes

quality posts: 17 Private Messages karenhynes
tiger7610 wrote:I think the community is slowly dying. Where is everyone?

I will try to make more of an effort to participate. I come to read frequently, but don't post often. I'm pretty boring though!

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

tiger7610

Everyone here is interesting in their own way

TaylorSwiftsHaircut

quality posts: 30 Private Messages TaylorSwiftsHaircut

Staff

tiger7610 wrote:Everyone here is interesting in their own way

I think so too!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 231 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
tytiger58 wrote:Yea hopefully the pup is alive! But the pub is dead. At 1 or 2 posts per day someone needs to read it's last rites

Or maybe you could all stop being such slackers!

Bowtie needs to start drinking that Sakè and drunk posting!

We need an East Coaster to start summarizing the previous evenings posts (ala jwhite6114)!

We need some late night posters (ala TommytheCat, madwine, Nallie, and cheron98)!

We need someone to post they are going to bed, and then post 4 or 5 more times!

Get those post numbers over 10k!

Edit: Heck, I'm coming up on 27k!

x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

otolith

quality posts: 26 Private Messages otolith
karenhynes wrote:I will try to make more of an effort to participate. I come to read frequently, but don't post often. I'm pretty boring though!

Same here.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

North316

quality posts: 108 Private Messages North316
tiger7610 wrote:Everyone here is interesting in their own way

You must believe in participant trophies, hah!

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

tytiger58

quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58
rjquillin wrote:with so many threads now, it just gets diluted

So many threads?? Nobody is posting in those either, except maybe "what are you drinking" but even that one can go 20+ hours without a post. Someone across 3 time zones has to be drinking something!?

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

rjquillin

quality posts: 286 Private Messages rjquillin
North316 wrote:You must believe in participant trophies, hah!

Now this is funny. Participant trophies however, meh.

CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 26 Private Messages mommadeb1
karenhynes wrote:I don't know about the pup, but it would appear that you killed the pub again.

PS: Please don't kill any pups. Thank you!

Oh! Mr. Goodbar!.... I can't believe I actually posted this!!! Ha ha ha

at least it got some conversations going...

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Or maybe you could all stop being such slackers!

Bowtie needs to start drinking that Sakè and drunk posting!

We need an East Coaster to start summarizing the previous evenings posts (ala jwhite6114)!

We need some late night posters (ala TommytheCat, madwine, Nallie, and cheron98)!

We need someone to post they are going to bed, and then post 4 or 5 more times!

Get those post numbers over 10k!

Edit: Heck, I'm coming up on 27k!

We need something to replace the D&D gathering... I miss my California trip to hang out with everyone

klezman

quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman
tytiger58 wrote:So many threads?? Nobody is posting in those either, except maybe "what are you drinking" but even that one can go 20+ hours without a post. Someone across 3 time zones has to be drinking something!?

I vote for it being a side-effect of there being less robust discussion on the wines themselves. Less winemaker participation (on average), less overall community participation, and it doesn't help that some of the earlier folks don't come around these parts any longer...nallie, cheron98, HaK, even Cesare doesn't make it into the pub much.

I don't post that often because, well, I feel like I've got little to say and I'm boring

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

klezman

mommadeb1 wrote:We need something to replace the D&D gathering... I miss my California trip to hang out with everyone

If you come to California a gathering will follow. Whether in the south or north...

tytiger58

klezman wrote:I vote for it being a side-effect of there being less robust discussion on the wines themselves. Less winemaker participation (on average), less overall community participation, and it doesn't help that some of the earlier folks don't come around these parts any longer...nallie, cheron98, HaK, even Cesare doesn't make it into the pub much.

I don't post that often because, well, I feel like I've got little to say and I'm boring

I think it's a combination of those things but mainly no new blood. Wine boards die without an influx of new people/ new and different wines to talk about.

tiger7610

we have new wines, sadly do not see too many new people. Also what participation trophies, I might have missed those.

bahwm

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bahwm
tiger7610 wrote:I think the community is slowly dying. Where is everyone?

I've been sooo busy lately with my two preps in two languages that I just haven't been posting much lately. Sorry. Tonight, I got home after 6 PM after working with two of the other Spanish 7 teachers to work on a mid-term exam to be given at the end of next week. And, because I am the most obsessive-compulsive of the three of us in wanting things to look really good and professional, I will be the one to put it together. Love you all! Don't go away! Stay and play!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

klezman wrote:If you come to California a gathering will follow. Whether in the south or north...

that is so nice, thanks

bahwm

Another new book will be coming out from our favorite author in February. Document should arrive by next weekend for copy editing. All edits will need to be completed by Feb 7! This job requires a read through for content and to get a feel for the story and then, reading through with a fine tooth comb. (Oh, and my grades will be due during that time frame.)

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:We need something to replace the D&D gathering... I miss my California trip to hang out with everyone

Still hoping for RPM Tour in July!

x20             
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

polarbear22

quality posts: 41 Private Messages polarbear22
tiger7610 wrote:we have new wines, sadly do not see too many new people. Also what participation trophies, I might have missed those.

If you had grown up here, it would have been in the era when all the kids got a participation trophy for sports, etc. "They" decided it was harmful to the kids' egos if only the top team got a trophy.

And I was guilty of perpetuating this. Funny thing was the trophy I gave the kids on my team was nicer than the year they won the championship. Turns out trophies are pretty cheap.

polarbear22

quality posts: 41 Private Messages polarbear22
klezman wrote:

I feel that my thoughts are deep and interesting. Only problem is that you would send the guys in white coats to get me if I shared.

OK, truth is I am pretty boring as well. I don't get banished to Octocat's special room. I rarely have to fear ninja stiletto assassins. And I really didn't get all that excited when I got a top of page Otospark. But I do miss some of the banter.

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:If you had grown up here, it would have been in the era when all the kids got a participation trophy for sports, etc. "They" decided it was harmful to the kids' egos if only the top team got a trophy.

And I was guilty of perpetuating this. Funny thing was the trophy I gave the kids on my team was nicer than the year they won the championship. Turns out trophies are pretty cheap.

It probably was a good idea for young kids just starting sports ... like T-ball, 1st and 2nd year Soccer, Baseball, etc. Keep them interested in continuing.

But they kept it up as they got older, which was bad. It taught mediocrity. But that's a discussion for the Poli-ticks thread!

x20             

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 29 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

I got two emails about 15 minutes ago. Both have tracking information for recent orders (1 WineSmith, 1 Pedroncelli). Both say label created on 1/13 with expected delivery tomorrow 1/20. Neither shows any other activity other than label created. I'm thinking it's not likely I will receive either tomorrow. Anyone else experience this? If so, did it actually arrive on that day?

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Another new book will be coming out from our favorite author in February. Document should arrive by next weekend for copy editing. All edits will need to be completed by Feb 7! This job requires a read through for content and to get a feel for the story and then, reading through with a fine tooth comb. (Oh, and my grades will be due during that time frame.)

Seriously... are you guys human?!! Where do you get your energy?

mommadeb1

Guess who got 4 new tires today? yup, me... I have had a nail in both front tires. They have had a slow leek and I have been putting air in them every week and the tread was quite worn. Of course, no coupons agghhhhhh. Hopefully these will last. I had the original ones and only got 27,000 miles (yes, I rotated them regularly)
the ones I got are rated for 75,000.... we shall see

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Still hoping for RPM Tour in July!

I keep forgetting to check gatherings.

rjquillin

Think it's permissible to use a Scott Harvey cork screw to open a Peter Wellington bottle?
Might one or the other come after me and confiscate the bottle or the implement..?

CT

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:Think it's permissible to use a Scott Harvey cork screw to open a Peter Wellington bottle?
Might one or the other come after me and confiscate the bottle or the implement..?

I had some Wellington in a Scot Harvey glass...

rjquillin

mommadeb1 wrote:I had some Wellington in a Scot Harvey glass...

You on a phone with an itty-bitty font size?
or is it another 'did I really say that' moment?

CT

cortot20

quality posts: 293 Private Messages cortot20

The cyberpub is for complaints and advice, very little banter. The what are you drinking thread feels more like a cyberpub...

CT

klezman

mommadeb1 wrote:I had some Wellington in a Scot Harvey glass...

I hope you didn't let the Wellington soak in a glass with Scott's Balls in it...

InFrom

quality posts: 48 Private Messages InFrom
rjquillin wrote:You on a phone with an itty-bitty font size?
or is it another 'did I really say that' moment?

ok, I'm stumped (not for the first time). What was goofy about what she posted in response to you?

rjquillin

InFrom wrote:ok, I'm stumped (not for the first time). What was goofy about what she posted in response to you?

pm

CT

mommadeb1

InFrom wrote:ok, I'm stumped (not for the first time). What was goofy about what she posted in response to you?

must be a brain dead moment for me also... I'm stumped also....

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:must be a brain dead moment for me also... I'm stumped also....

I think because it said "Scot" and not "Scott".

Probably autocorrected

x20             

rjquillin

mommadeb1 wrote:must be a brain dead moment for me also... I'm stumped also....

From his bio, Scott trained more in Germany than Scotland and isn't a Scot Harvey.

CT

losthighwayz

quality posts: 82 Private Messages losthighwayz
tytiger58 wrote:I think it's a combination of those things but mainly no new blood. Wine boards die without an influx of new people/ new and different wines to talk about.

Add when old blood gets pounded...

"The older I get the better I was"

tytiger58

losthighwayz wrote:Add when old blood gets pounded...

Who got pounded??

bahwm

Sparky, you've used imgur to post pics here. Does this allow one to keep things private or does it all become public, linked to your name on that site?

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:I think because it said "Scot" and not "Scott".

Probably autocorrected

My bad, I have a friend who spells his name Scot