bahwm

quality posts: 59 Private Messages bahwm
losthighwayz wrote:Lost will host! Would love to have you guys over!

Awwww! Excellent! Glad you will be able to host and have us and everyone else who wants to come over. Thank you for making it work!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cortot20

quality posts: 297 Private Messages cortot20

Time to bump this up.
1 month away.

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 258 Private Messages kylemittskus

Maybe, maybe...

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tytiger58

quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58

One of my favorite events of the year! Always in

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

klezman

quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman

Probably still good for it...we shall see in a couple weeks!

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 236 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cortot20 wrote:Done! List is updated.

I'll spend some time this weekend and post details, links to tix, etc.

Well? Mister Missing Link.

x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cortot20

I'm sad to report they have cancelled the remaining schedule for the cal Phil on the green. Hopefully it makes a return next year

So consider this event cancelled.

CT

tytiger58

cortot20 wrote:I'm sad to report they have cancelled the remaining schedule for the cal Phil on the green. Hopefully it makes a return next year

Man that stinks! Any reason why??

I blame Trump

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:I'm sad to report they have cancelled the remaining schedule for the cal Phil on the green. Hopefully it makes a return next year

Hopefully since they canceled ... but it was supposed to be their last outdoor series ... California Philharmonic Announces Final Outdoor Season, No More Santa Anita Concerts After This Summer

Cancelled Concerts at Santa Anita Race Track

We regretfully inform our loyal patrons that the 2016 summer concerts at Santa Anita Race Track will not be happening. This is a very sad situation for everyone involved, starting with you, and we want to create the best possible outcome for all parties. First of all, we want to let you know that the orchestra is not ending operations, and is still performing its Sunday afternoon matinee concerts at Walt Disney Concert Hall. Secondly, it is possible that the orchestra will resume outdoor concerts at a later date. But because of the immense expense incurred producing the outdoor events, we are unable to continue with them at present. If you have any questions or concerns about this issue or about Cal Phil in general, please contact us at info@calphil.com or call our office at (626) 304 0333. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding!!

Sounds like not enough people were buying tickets.

x20             
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tytiger58

MarkDaSpark wrote:Sounds like not enough people were buying tickets.

O.k. then I blame the Dems for not covering enough of the expense

rjquillin

quality posts: 289 Private Messages rjquillin
tytiger58 wrote:O.k. then I blame the Dems for not covering enough of the expense

Need to give out Obama phones with the tix, then attendance would be up...

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 69 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Sure am glad y'all scheduled the event in Whittier in July, when the concert was supposed to have been.

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.
The big difference: "Today's winemakers still worry about quality."

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cortot20

We could move the event.
Pasadena Pops - Cole Porter Night at the LA Arboretum is on 8/20. Same basic idea as the cal Phil.

CT

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:We could move the event.
Pasadena Pops - Cole Porter Night at the LA Arboretum is on 8/20. Same basic idea as the cal Phil.

That could work, they allow bottles of wine ... Info.

Although Pre-paid onsite parking at the Arboretum has sold out for the season, they say there is lots of free parking at the Westfield Shopping Center. With shuttles from there.

3 food trucks, and the info page has links to other food providers.

Need to know soon, otherwise I might do something else fun for the weekend!

x20             

cjsiege

quality posts: 15 Private Messages cjsiege

It sounds like a fun time! Unfortunately, I will not be joining you all. I have arrived safely back on my own coast. And I'll be at the NoVA/DC GTG on 8/20.

But thank you so much for the hospitality!

MarkDaSpark

Bueller? Bueller?

x20             

cortot20

MarkDaSpark wrote:Bueller? Bueller?

I don't see much interest. Let's shelve it and try again next year. Candace and I might still go and make a date night out of it.

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 286 Private Messages chipgreen
cortot20 wrote:I don't see much interest. Let's shelve it and try again next year. Candace and I might still go and make a date night out of it.

I get a kick out of Cole Porter and although he gets under my skin both night and day you can't fence me in because it's too darn hot in the still of the night. Besides, I might love Paris in the springtime, but who wants to be a millionaire?

chipgreen

chipgreen wrote:I get a kick out of Cole Porter and although he gets under my skin both night and day you can't fence me in because it's too darn hot in the still of the night. Besides, I might love Paris in the springtime, but who wants to be a millionaire?

So... no Cole Porter fans? I guess that would explain the low interest.
Wish I could go to this!

cortot20

I ended up buying tix for this. If anyone wants to join us let me know.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman
chipgreen wrote:So... no Cole Porter fans? I guess that would explain the low interest.
Wish I could go to this!

I appreciated the post...just didn't have a sufficiently witty thing to say in response

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 289 Private Messages rjquillin
cjsiege wrote:It sounds like a fun time! Unfortunately, I will not be joining you all. I have arrived safely back on my own coast. And I'll be at the NoVA/DC GTG on 8/20.

But thank you so much for the hospitality!

Nice to have had you come visit.

The exercise go well?

...but next time, bring rain.

CT

tytiger58

Well crap when the original was cancelled I never came back to look. Planned something else or I would be in

chipgreen

cortot20 wrote:I ended up buying tix for this. If anyone wants to join us let me know.

Hope you like it, have fun!

chipgreen

klezman wrote:I appreciated the post...just didn't have a sufficiently witty thing to say in response

Ha! I really like the different treatment his songs have gotten over the years by so many great artists.

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:I ended up buying tix for this. If anyone wants to join us let me know.

Would have tried, but my son moved this weekend.

x20