tytiger58

quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58
cortot20 wrote:I only have 3 bottles of pink Zepp for you for $25. I can hold or get it to Adam.

If Adam has room..I will get him the money.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

cortot20

quality posts: 297 Private Messages cortot20
tytiger58 wrote:If Adam has room..I will get him the money.

paypal to my gmail is good to if you use it.

CT

tytiger58

cortot20 wrote:paypal to my gmail is good to if you use it.

will do, thanks!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 236 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
tytiger58 wrote:Unfortunately we are out this time Sister in law is flying in and airport pickup, take to in-laws, dinner blah blah blah, well we can't make it..Cory do I owe you wine? do you owe me wine? whats up?

You can't drop her off at the in-laws?

Better yet, say you need to run out to pick up some ice, and drop on by for a few!

x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tytiger58

MarkDaSpark wrote:You can't drop her off at the in-laws?

Better yet, say you need to run out to pick up some ice, and drop on by for a few!

I wish

merbill

quality posts: 41 Private Messages merbill
rjquillin wrote:Actually Monica still has those up north. Unless you're talking the Winemaker Reserve from 'tso, and those are still with 'tso.

the TSO.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919
Basket of Chocolate x 25
First Grape Debater

cortot20

rjquillin

quality posts: 289 Private Messages rjquillin

klezman

quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman

Somebody should send out address reminders...and I should check the first post re theme and such.

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:Somebody should send out address reminders...and I should check the first post re theme and such.

Depends if you think you have a winning wine for a blind tasting.

Mostly the theme is the Premiere.

And I did ask if anyone needed the address to PM me.

x20             
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 83 Private Messages losthighwayz

Unanswered questions:

1. Potluck?
2. Blind tasting, yes or no?
3. Sparky arrival time side bet?

"The older I get the better I was"

merbill

losthighwayz wrote:Unanswered questions:

1. Potluck?
2. Blind tasting, yes or no?
3. Sparky arrival time side bet?

1. Yes. Bring some food if you want to eat. Meats, cheeses, sweets, sides, snacks, etc. Looks like about 17-18 attendees.
2. Up to Sparky.
3. Sparky, as our peripatetic co-host, needs to show up early (like 3 to 3:30) with the wine, etc. So no side bet on arrival time.

Basket of Chocolate x 25
First Grape Debater

merbill

klezman wrote:Somebody should send out address reminders...and I should check the first post re theme and such.

Anybody who doesn't really trust Sparky to deliver the info on time is welcome to PM me for address/phone.

Basket of Chocolate x 25
First Grape Debater

merbill

klezman wrote:We might have to have the Jays game on in the background, though. Hopefully.

I don't know about the Jays, but we'll certainly have the Royals game up if they're playing.

Or USC - Utah.

edit: and USC - Utah it is. Sorry Jays. Go Royals!

Basket of Chocolate x 25
First Grape Debater

MarkDaSpark

merbill wrote:1. Yes. Bring some food if you want to eat. Meats, cheeses, sweets, sides, snacks, etc. Looks like about 17-18 attendees.
2. Up to Sparky.
3. Sparky, as our peripatetic co-host, needs to show up early (like 3 to 3:30) with the wine, etc. So no side bet on arrival time.

Anyone who wants to try, bring a white and/or red you think is great, along with $5 each. Winners take home the pot.

Glad you said something, I'll be there by 3:30. Was planning on around 3:50, but sooner is better.

Showing CJ the wine locker at 2, so 3:30 (or earlier) will be no problem.

x20             

MarkDaSpark

merbill wrote:Anybody who doesn't really trust Sparky to deliver the info on time is welcome to PM me for address/phone.

No one has asked ... son and nephew have it already.

Edit: I suspect most already have from the last orgy ... err, gathering.

x20             

MarkDaSpark

FYI, Six (3 white, 3 red) extra bottles to taste.

x20             

MarkDaSpark

x20             

klezman

MarkDaSpark wrote:Anyone who wants to try, bring a white and/or red you think is great, along with $5 each. Winners take home the pot.

Glad you said something, I'll be there by 3:30. Was planning on around 3:50, but sooner is better.

Showing CJ the wine locker at 2, so 3:30 (or earlier) will be no problem.

Bring a blind wine plus $5?? Is that what you're saying? Or bring a blind wine and if you want to go in for the pot for the undefined "winner" then bring $5?

Good thing CJ can keep you on schedule!

klezman

MarkDaSpark wrote:FYI, Six (3 white, 3 red) extra bottles to taste.

Hope we've got multiple bottles of the premier wine...it's going to need a lot of air, so we may want to have one freshly opened and one with a 3+ hour decant.

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:Bring a blind wine plus $5?? Is that what you're saying? Or bring a blind wine and if you want to go in for the pot for the undefined "winner" then bring $5?

Good thing CJ can keep you on schedule!

You gotta pay to play!

So yes, if you bring a wine for the blind tasting, bring $5.

x20             

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:Hope we've got multiple bottles of the premier wine...it's going to need a lot of air, so we may want to have one freshly opened and one with a 3+ hour decant.

Yep, planned that.

Edit: A 30 minute decant, not a 3 hour one! Reports from last week's East Coast premiere indicated only a 30 minute decant was needed.

This is not TyTanium ...

x20             

cortot20

rjquillin wrote:iftfy

Thanks for the fix. The imgur pre formatted for message boards link wasn't copying right.

Boxes were dropped off mid week so you should all receive a gift (that you paid for)from Santa Jeff tonight.

I hope you all have fun and I wish I was there to snobbishly pour out sparkys winning blend with my monacle and top hat on and tell him it's not to my sophisticated palate. Stay safe.

CT

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:Thanks for the fix. The imgur pre formatted for message boards link wasn't copying right.

Boxes were dropped off mid week so you should all receive a gift (that you paid for)from Santa Jeff tonight.

I hope you all have fun and I wish I was there to snobbishly pour out sparkys winning blend with my monacle and top hat on and tell him it's not to my sophisticated palate. Stay safe.

Where did I put my monocle? Not with my top hat .... maybe with my Century Club Tastevin?

Edit: Nope, not there. It must be with my Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme (not to be confused with the Triple Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme, Cesare) certificate!

x20             

MarkDaSpark

x20             

cjsiege

quality posts: 15 Private Messages cjsiege

!!! DECANTERS !!! We'll need some decanters. Premiere wine needs about 30 mins in decanter to blow off that "newly bottled" tightness.

cjsiege

quality posts: 15 Private Messages cjsiege
klezman wrote:Hope we've got multiple bottles of the premier wine...it's going to need a lot of air, so we may want to have one freshly opened and one with a 3+ hour decant.

Based on the tasting last weekend, I think a 3+ hr decant is overkill.

Just sayin'...

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:!!! DECANTERS !!! We'll need some decanters. Premiere wine needs about 30 mins in decanter to blow off that "newly bottled" tightness.

Gee, I wonder who has a plethora of decanters?

x20             

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:Based on the tasting last weekend, I think a 3+ hr decant is overkill.

Just sayin'...

He's Canadian ...

x20             

merbill

MarkDaSpark wrote:Gee, I wonder who has a plethora of decanters?

Only relevant if you actually bring them....

Basket of Chocolate x 25
First Grape Debater

Winedavid39

quality posts: 316 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

have fun y'all!

rjquillin

quality posts: 289 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:Edit: A 30 minute decant, not a 3 hour one! Reports from last week's East Coast premiere indicated only a 30 minute decant was needed.

This is not TyTanium ...
MarkDaSpark wrote:He's Canadian ...

I'll have to agree that another earlier sampling suggests the longer decant is well rewarded.

CT

MarkDaSpark

merbill wrote:Only relevant if you actually bring them....

True, but since they're at the locker, if I forget them, I've also forgotten the wines!

Edit: We will have whites to labrat, as well as 1 or more bubblies (it is CJ's favorite), do you have something to put them in? I might have something if you don’t.

x20             

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:I'll have to agree that another earlier sampling suggests the longer decant is well rewarded.

It's not like we won't have enough bottles to try it that long!

x20             

losthighwayz

rjquillin wrote:I'll have to agree that another earlier sampling suggests the longer decant is well rewarded.

How about 1.5 hours? We will get there around 5ish

MarkDaSpark

losthighwayz wrote:How about 1.5 hours? We will get there around 5ish

Possibly ... or is that SparkyTime?

x20             

losthighwayz

Merbill's: check PM need address

merbill

losthighwayz wrote:Merbill's: check PM need address

replied.

Basket of Chocolate x 25
First Grape Debater

klezman

MarkDaSpark wrote:It's not like we won't have enough bottles to try it that long!

That's what I'm saying...let one decant much longer so we can try it a couple different ways. It can be the first and last bottles we try

We still need to decide what to bring...hrm...

merbill

MarkDaSpark wrote:True, but since they're at the locker, if I forget them, I've also forgotten the wines!

Edit: We will have whites to labrat, as well as 1 or more bubblies (it is CJ's favorite), do you have something to put them in? I might have something if you don’t.

I have about 10 usable flutes, and around the same number of smaller white wine glasses. So extras would be welcomed. I have enough larger glasses to cover reds as long as people don't mind stemless glasses.

We'll need extra charms too. I have woot charms, so something different would work.

Basket of Chocolate x 25
First Grape Debater