ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Edit: Ooooh, top spark.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

I could have sworn there was a gathering welcoming some east coast friends to the better side of the country, but I look in vain for a thread in the gatherings tab. . .

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
kylemittskus wrote:I could have sworn there was a gathering welcoming some east coast friends to the better side of the country, but I look in vain for a thread in the gatherings tab. . .

I think they are waiting on you ....

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman
otolith wrote:Last week, switched from an iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy S5. It's a nice phone, and I'm still getting used to its features/OS. The most annoying part of it is the constant ads in everything. Some games I like to play on iOS, you could buy a version that is ad-free. Not the case with google...

I know that google makes a ton of money off their ads, but when I pay for a phone, and a plan, I'm not paying to get bombarded with ads. Thankfully I have 2 wks to return this thing if I don't like it. I suspect it is going to be returned...

Interesting...most games come either free with ads or pay for no ads. Check whether there's an alternate version on Google Play or Amazon Appstore.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

Happy birthday to El Sparko! Does this mean your'e going to actually drink some of your wine to celebrate?

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:I think they are waiting on you ....

I have it on good authority that a) it's at Tim's place and b) that you're slacking.

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:I have it on good authority that a) it's at Tim's place and b) that you're slacking.

???? Tim's the Host and I'm slacking???? Why The Frown??

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
klezman wrote:Interesting...most games come either free with ads or pay for no ads. Check whether there's an alternate version on Google Play or Amazon Appstore.

So, the main game is words with friends, and I loved for the pay version. Finally found it available through the app.

I don't understand why a free Samsung app like Cut the Rope 2 needs access to my phone data??? Whu does any app besides the phone itself need access to my phone data? So, I guess I don't feel like I can control the apps like I can in iOS.

That said, this is a nice phone. It would be nice to see if I could transfer my iTunes files, but iTunes keeps crashing when I open it, providi NH a nice reminder why I wanted to switch phones in the first place. Apple used to be so good at putting out glitch-free apps, but not so much anymore...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

HAAAPPYY BBIIRRTTHHAADDAYY! Sparky!

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm

Happy Birthday, Sparky!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:True ... except for the 34 who have so far.

And I did wait until it was almost 9 am (12 noon EDT). Almost half the day was gone!!!

I almost posted before I went to bed last night, but it wouldn't have been your b-day yet in Cali!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:???? Tim's the Host and I'm slacking???? Why The Frown??

And yet, you haven't denied the slacking. Happy birthday, Sparky.

klezman

otolith wrote:So, the main game is words with friends, and I loved for the pay version. Finally found it available through the app.

I don't understand why a free Samsung app like Cut the Rope 2 needs access to my phone data??? Whu does any app besides the phone itself need access to my phone data? So, I guess I don't feel like I can control the apps like I can in iOS.

I think it's just more transparent on Android than iOS via their permissions model. (i.e. I'm not convinced iOS apps don't get the same access, they just don't tell you.) I'm on a Galaxy S4, after having been on a Samsung Infuse. Got a LG tablet from woot as well. No reason for me to chain myself to Apple's vision for a mobile OS.

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:And yet, you haven't denied the slacking. Happy birthday, Sparky.

Actually, I am denying any slacking. I have not been asked nor tasked with any thread creation.

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:???? Tim's the Host and I'm slacking???? Why The Frown??

And, we're not too sure if Tim's opening this as a full gathering or just a "small" group of friends.

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20

Last call in the cal Phil concert on the green tonight. Head over to the gatherings tab for more info.

CT

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Dinner tonight. Delicious.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:And yet, you haven't denied the slacking. Happy birthday, Sparky.

There. I created a thread for the August 9th gathering.

Happy?

otolith

klezman wrote:I think it's just more transparent on Android than iOS via their permissions model. (i.e. I'm not convinced iOS apps don't get the same access, they just don't tell you.) I'm on a Galaxy S4, after having been on a Samsung Infuse. Got a LG tablet from woot as well. No reason for me to chain myself to Apple's vision for a mobile OS.

I may stick with this for the next few months, and may switch back depending on what the iPhone Air/6 is like. Still have another week to decide if I want to keep this, and I probably will. Just wish I could get iTunes to work so I can transfer more of my crap. Thankfully, most of my music is MP3s. I'm sure there's a good program for transferring movies, too, just haven't found it.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

Oto killed the Pub with his tech talk!!!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

We just got a Roku stick from my MIL. What are some of the things we should check out?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
polarbear22 wrote:We just got a Roku stick from my MIL. What are some of the things we should check out?

we got a roku from the recent offer.

I found this meta list useful

So far, PBS kids is the biggest hit in our house.

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:Oto killed the Pub with his tech talk!!!

I thought it was your wining.

--John Muir

InFrom

quality posts: 32 Private Messages InFrom
polarbear22 wrote:We just got a Roku stick from my MIL. What are some of the things we should check out?

Crackle has that Jerry Seinfeld series where he drives vintage cars and goes out for coffee with different comedians. I like that one.

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:I thought it was your winning.

IFTFY.