MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
rjquillin wrote:That's what I thought. Darn, just too close, but not close enough, to the rpm tour.

We could always fly up!

Edit: T.O.P. Sparkolith!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman
ddeuddeg wrote:I gave up trying to resist this party. Room and car booked. Still have to jiggle flights. If you're interested, you'll have to sign up soon. Carla said yesterday that it's about 90% booked.

Here's hoping Scott will have as good or better a party for us wooters on the Tour!

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:We could always fly up!

Edit: T.O.P. Sparkolith!!!

Absolutely! You could fly up. CaGrl could provide you with a ride up and we'll be leaving Monday, so we could drive you to the airport. We'll be staying in Calistoga. Just go buy your tickets.

Oh, and did you buy your tickets for your flight to Denver yet? That's four weeks from today!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

Hey, tech gurus! Any thoughts about any of these charging devices. I have no idea what any of the numbers mean and wonder what would be good to have available to use to charge my iPhone 5 while we're on the road and may not have access to a car charger? Thanks!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
bahwm wrote:Hey, tech gurus! Any thoughts about any of these charging devices. I have no idea what any of the numbers mean and wonder what would be good to have available to use to charge my iPhone 5 while we're on the road and may not have access to a car charger? Thanks!

The mAh number is how much capacity the charge bank has available. The bigger the number, the more charges you can get from it.

The tradeoff is capacity vs. size/weight.

All should be capable of charging your phone as long as you have a USB to lightning cable.

Pads will need a high power USB port on the charge bank; not all do.

I carry around a Motorola 1820 mAh bank in my shirt pocket; it is not capable of fully charging my phone from a dead battery. I carry a 11,000 mAh bank in my computer case; that can charge a tablet twice, or my phone, portable hot spot, or ProtoX many times.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin

JOATMAN,
check your PP email address

CT

MarkDaSpark

RPM Tour list is a moving! Please check and let us know if you are still interested (in that thread) in going.

Deposit info is out too.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bahwm

Why The Frown?? Where's the F? Seriously, went to a ballroom dance through a members only dance club where we are on the wait list. No Foxtrot! No normal waltz. They played mostly rumba. We like the rumba, but not three hours worth by a lousy band!

cortot20

quality posts: 145 Private Messages cortot20

Kyle, housing update? BTW, I drove by the place on Minnesota and it looks really nice.

CT

MarkDaSpark

Anybody receive their Sanford & Benedict 1979 Library Cab order yet? Still no shipping notification.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
bahwm wrote:Why The Frown?? Where's the F? Seriously, went to a ballroom dance through a members only dance club where we are on the wait list. No Foxtrot! No normal waltz. They played mostly rumba. We like the rumba, but not three hours worth by a lousy band!

What waltz DID they do? Viennese? mazurka? Both can be fun but only as a change of pace. I nice medium speed rotary is so relaxing and wonderful I'm sorry they did not play even one!! Every 3rd dance should be one! Perhaps, given the amount of Rhumba and the lousy band, they didn't know enough songs in 3? No excuse for lack of foxtrot though. How big is the floor?

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

so far we have had a busy weekend. We butchered the last 26 of our meat chickens. Came home and got them all pieced out and put in the freezer. Took my daughter to Epcot and WDW. We left at 3:30 and made it back home by 2am. Today it's studying for her, tomorrow is the last day of school for the kids... and she has a final exam! How silly is that? AND she has half day! teachers official last day is Tuesday.... I get to work an additional 3 days. (wed, thur and following monday). Still no word on if I will have a job next year...Our new Principle seems nice. Today for me is trying to finish up some stuff for work.... yea....Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

bahwm

cmaldoon wrote:What waltz DID they do? Viennese? mazurka? Both can be fun but only as a change of pace. I nice medium speed rotary is so relaxing and wonderful I'm sorry they did not play even one!! Every 3rd dance should be one! Perhaps, given the amount of Rhumba and the lousy band, they didn't know enough songs in 3? No excuse for lack of foxtrot though. How big is the floor?

They did a sort of Viennese waltz--poorly done. They did one or two swing songs, but it was difficult to get the beat. I really couldn't figure out what they knew. They had a vocalist who sort of sang Spanish--again, not well! The floor was a good sized floor that never got wall-to-wall people crowded, but super slow--almost sticky feeling--even our dance shoes weren't working as well as they normally do! It's hard to practice sliding your toes across the floor in the rumba, when they won't slide!