MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
rjquillin wrote:Ok, I'll only bring the deep fried brussels sprouts for snacks this time then.

You must really, really like walking.

Edit: Sparkolith!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Even better than T.O.P. ... Kings Win!!!

Right about now, joatmon is not drinking down his cellar.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cortot20

quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20
kylemittskus wrote:Just north of Baseline, just east of Grand. I think we'll hear tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

I know it well. Good luck to you.

CT

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

With last night's game, the Sharks have again demonstrated that they are incapable of playing playoff hockey. They become only the fourth team to blow a 3-0 lead and lose the series. I had to stop listening when the score became 1-3. Pathetic.

Kings, have fun with the Ducks. Mark, you should have taken the bet. I'll be waiting for October 3.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

The Wild/Avalanche game last night was ridiculously good, especially since the team that should have won the series, did. Actually, the whole series was awesome.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

cortot20

quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20
JOATMON wrote:With last night's game, the Sharks have again demonstrated that they are incapable of playing playoff hockey. They become only the fourth team to blow a 3-0 lead and lose the series. I had to stop listening when the score became 1-3. Pathetic.

Kings, have fun with the Ducks. Mark, you should have taken the bet. I'll be waiting for October 3.

Ducks kings should be an interesting series since the ducks got beat up by the stars and the kings got interested in playing playoff hockey again against the choking sharks. Should make them just about even. Can't wait to watch.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman

Hey Sparky...I've got a bottle of Meeker here for you. Should I bring it Saturday? Are you joining us? Or should I sent it with Ron, or somebody else who may see you first? Or should I keep it here for now?

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

otolith

klezman wrote:Hey Sparky...I've got a bottle of Meeker here for you. Should I bring it Saturday? Are you joining us? Or should I sent it with Ron, or somebody else who may see you first? Or should I keep it here for now?

Drink it, since you know he won't.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
rjquillin wrote:Ok, I'll only bring the deep fried brussels sprouts for snacks this time then.

You know, it would never have occurred to me to deep-fry 'em (I'm more along the lines of roast them with good olive oil and a handful of unpeeled garlic cloves), but there's an interesting-looking recipe in today's paper, for which either fried or roasted sprouts work. I think I have the ingredients at home, I'll have to pick up some sprouts and give it a whirl!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:I don't mind that she put it up, I mind that she removed the other.

It's one thing to add something cute. It's another thing to remove something and add something else in it's place.

That's a huge No-No.

Sorry.

Better?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

InFrom

ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry.

Better?

TT, you are a true diplomat. Now we can all get along!

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
MarkDaSpark wrote:Right about now, joatmon is not drinking down his cellar.

Actually, I have been, and I am.

I haven't bought anything from Woot in ages except for one order of the Wellington. I have resisted mightily all other offers. And I have been drinking what I have.

The current trend is obvious; my cellar is shrinking. You cannot say the same.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
otolith wrote:Drink it, since you know he won't.

Tempting

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
JOATMON wrote:Actually, I have been, and I am.

I haven't bought anything from Woot in ages except for one order of the Wellington. I have resisted mightily all other offers. And I have been drinking what I have.

Sounds like a competition that I should get in on - shrink your cellars. I've plateaued.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
polarbear22 wrote:Sounds like a competition that I should get in on - shrink your cellars. I've plateaued.

We're kinda doing the same....with the exception that I have some Iron Horse being delivered tomorrow. That's another one that must always be ordered when seen.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

ThunderThighs

Staff

InFrom wrote:TT, you are a true diplomat. Now we can all get along!

I try. Goodness knows, I try. But this little devil inside me gets loose now and then.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:Hey Sparky...I've got a bottle of Meeker here for you. Should I bring it Saturday? Are you joining us? Or should I sent it with Ron, or somebody else who may see you first? Or should I keep it here for now?

Keep it there for now. Need to try to get up there and visit you guys.

And no on Saturday. How quickly old-timer's sets in with the young nowadays. And they forget that I'm not into Grenache Rouge.

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry.

Better?

Yes, much.

It's usually amusing when you ADD something. It's not when you subtract something instead.

MarkDaSpark

JOATMON wrote:Actually, I have been, and I am.

Making room for the RPM Tour treasures?

My cellar has been growing since 2007 ... making up for all those years it wasn't!

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:Tempting

Too late!!!

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:Drink it, since you know he won't.

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:I try. Goodness knows, I try. But this little devil inside me gets loose now and then.

True, true. And usually it's not a problem. Except this time it went too far.

But I'm guilty as well sometimes.

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:

Hey, I only speak the truth! :innocent:

--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:Hey, I only speak the truth! :innocent:

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

I hope my Iron Horse is ok... it left on fri. the 25th.. due here tomorrow...it has been HOT here!

otolith

mommadeb1 wrote:I hope my Iron Horse is ok... it left on fri. the 25th.. due here tomorrow...it has been HOT here!

Oh you hush with your weather!

--John Muir

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
otolith wrote:The Wild/Avalanche game last night was ridiculously good, especially since the team that should have won the series, did. Actually, the whole series was awesome.

I'd have to somewhat disagree, but it did go to OT, so that made it a good game. Our Avalanche certainly had the chances to take the series... Certainly a well played series, good hockey. None of this 4-0 series blowout business.

Also, not a bad year for the Avs considering last years situation.

Best of luck to the Wild!

InFrom

Heads up, all: that Mandolina's about to sell out.

MarkDaSpark

InFrom wrote:Heads up, all: that Mandolina's about to sell out.

Too late! Not really, I don't need more wine, but L&L have been good in the past.

Edit: Wonder if WD will put another offer up, since it sold out so soon.

MarkDaSpark

Son of a .... I liked the shirt that won 1st and is now up on Shirt.Woot, but how could the Miniots not be in the top 3????

InFrom

MarkDaSpark wrote:Too late! Not really, I don't need more wine, but L&L have been good in the past.

Edit: Wonder if WD will put another offer up, since it sold out so soon.

Apparently so!

Winedavid39 wrote:...stay tuned for a different branded offer coming up (if all goes well).

otolith

edthebedhead wrote:I'd have to somewhat disagree, but it did go to OT, so that made it a good game. Our Avalanche certainly had the chances to take the series... Certainly a well played series, good hockey. None of this 4-0 series blowout business.

Also, not a bad year for the Avs considering last years situation.

Best of luck to the Wild!

Can't believe the Wild came back 4 times to tie it up. With 5' left in the 3rd, it was looking pretty bleak.

I liked our chances better with Kuemper in the net, not sure what to think now.

--John Muir

ThunderThighs

Staff

New sale launching shortly. Looks like a good one.

//tease

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm

Company: A good excuse to clean and visit with friends!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
otolith wrote:Oh you hush with your weather!

well..if it makes you feel any better... we have had horrific rain all day and it was only in the upper 70's and ... my IH didn't show up today... now scheduled for tomorrow.... keeping fingers crossed...

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:Company: A good excuse to clean and visit with friends!

How good are they if you have to clean them?

Sorry, couldn't resist!!

Or mean you don't need to clean them up!!

InFrom

MarkDaSpark wrote:How good are they if you have to clean them?

Sorry, couldn't resist!!

Cleaning can be a lonely job, much nicer if you do it with friends!

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:How good are they if you have to clean them?

Sorry, couldn't resist!!

Yep. I clean 'em AND I cook 'em up tasty good!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:Yep. I clean 'em AND I cook 'em up tasty good!

With Broccoli & Brussel Sprouts?

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:With Broccoli & Brussel Sprouts?

How'd you guess?! Actually, we're having garlic green beans with wasabi mashed potatoes tonight. 😍