kaolis


quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis
YROUSSEAU wrote:It is available in some states but not a lot. where are you?

I knew you were gonna talk about Armagnac soon! I am a huge fan of Armagnac. My ultimate secret project (for my retirement) will be to find old stock of Armagnac in Gascony and do my own blending...



Snowy cold Chicago area is where I am..and currently open is Laubade Intemporel No 5.



YROUSSEAU


quality posts: 11 Private Messages YROUSSEAU
kaolis wrote:Snowy cold Chicago area is where I am..and currently open is Laubade Intemporel No 5.



oh man! It has been snowy and freezing cold for a long time in your neck of the wood! we were in Chicago in January for a Winemaker's diner at Cyrano's Farm Kitchen .

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
kaolis wrote:Available US? I'll give them a try if so.

Thinking I need a tad of Armagnac now......



I just finished off a bottle. So enjoyable. (Of a different Armangnac. Not the one the wine maker mentioned.)

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kaolis


quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis
YROUSSEAU wrote:oh man! It has been snowy and freezing cold for a long time in your neck of the wood! we were in Chicago in January for a Winemaker's diner at Cyrano's Farm Kitchen .



I know Cyrano's..bet you had a nice time. May I ask your Chicago distributor?

kaolis


quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis
rjquillin wrote:Still coveting my 1979 Armagnac Castarède Bas Armagnac.
but blending...
Only in another lifetime.




That sounds tasty, have had a a few, but never '79. Good stuff I bet.

YROUSSEAU


quality posts: 11 Private Messages YROUSSEAU
kylemittskus wrote:I just finished off a bottle. So enjoyable. (Of a different Armangnac. Not the one the wine maker mentioned.)



which Armagnac was that?
just curious :-)

YROUSSEAU


quality posts: 11 Private Messages YROUSSEAU
kaolis wrote:I know Cyrano's..bet you had a nice time. May I ask your Chicago distributor?



we had a fantastic diner.
don't have a distributor yet in IL...but working on it.

MiCat05


quality posts: 1 Private Messages MiCat05

In for one. So excited to try a new wine. Love tart SBs so I guess this will be in my wheelhouse. WD is killing me...

P.S. Love the wm participation

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
YROUSSEAU wrote:which Armagnac was that?
just curious :-)



Les Domaines Grassa Bas Armagnac Reserve

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

YROUSSEAU


quality posts: 11 Private Messages YROUSSEAU
MiCat05 wrote:In for one. So excited to try a new wine. Love tart SBs so I guess this will be in my wheelhouse. WD is killing me...

P.S. Love the wm participation



Welcome to the Colombard club! Enjoy and I'll look forward to the feedback.

YROUSSEAU


quality posts: 11 Private Messages YROUSSEAU
kylemittskus wrote:Les Domaines Grassa Bas Armagnac Reserve



Ah! Bas Armagnac is my favorite of the 2 Armagnac's AVA.
sandy soils, unique varietal like Bacco 22A.

YROUSSEAU


quality posts: 11 Private Messages YROUSSEAU
kylemittskus wrote:Les Domaines Grassa Bas Armagnac Reserve



meant of the 3 Armagnac's ava

bahwm


quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
YROUSSEAU wrote:Merci for trying the Colombard! It is a great opportunity for me share my winemaking philosophy and my wine. When you come in July, you can contact me directly on my email: yannick@yrousseauwines.com
Cheers


I look forward to it! Ce sera un plaisir! I will also search out a few other Colombards to educate my palate and do some more research on French wines. Maybe we can include Gascony in our next trip to France.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

YROUSSEAU


quality posts: 11 Private Messages YROUSSEAU
bahwm wrote:I look forward to it! Ce sera un plaisir! I will also search out a few other Colombards to educate my palate and do some more research on French wines. Maybe we can include Gascony in our next trip to France.



Gascony is very much in my heart and un petit paradise!

sdilullo


quality posts: 36 Private Messages sdilullo

First of all, a hearty +1 for the winery participation today!

This thread reminds me of WW of yesteryear - educational, fun, engaging. Well done.

chipgreen wrote:Ugh, I didn't think about the fact that it won't get here within 11 days. I'll go ahead and buy anyway, no obligation necessary from you or Steve but would be happy to split the order if we can arrange it. Would love to hookup for an Indians game or something else over the summer!

Last wooter to woot:chipgreen


Thank you sir! I never had a chance to log back on last night, so appreciate you ordering.

You're (roughly) the midpoint so I'm sure we'll all connect eventually. We'll likely be passing through in June/July on our way to Upstate NY, if not sooner.

And hey, maybe we'll get lucky and WD will kick the shipment out the door extra fast...

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 249
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.