ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Another big thank you to all of you who are voting for my friend John Urschel.

Also: sparkolith!

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
ddeuddeg wrote:Another big thank you to all of you who are voting for my friend John Urschel.

voted

mommadeb1

things are crazy here..... trying to get caught up at work...ok who am I fooling? trying to figure out everything at work.. kids have a million things going on.... never enough time... We went to Disney last weekend...perfect weather (it's been in the upper 80's)....

bahwm

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm
mommadeb1 wrote:things are crazy here..... trying to get caught up at work...ok who am I fooling? trying to figure out everything at work.. kids have a million things going on.... never enough time... We went to Disney last weekend...perfect weather (it's been in the upper 80's)....

Oh, hush! Current Buffalo temperature is 15 degrees with a wind chill of 1 degree! Um, yeah. This is damn cold! Where's that Brrrrrr. icon?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Oh, hush! Current Buffalo temperature is 15 degrees with a wind chill of 1 degree! Um, yeah. This is damn cold! Where's that Brrrrrr. icon?

ewwwww!!!! That is super sucky I don't know how you guys can live in cold!!

mommadeb1

ok, here is your bizarre for the night.... I had a sick chicken and ended up giving her a bath and then using the hair dryer to make sure she didn't get a chill...

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

It's 20 degrees here (much better than it has been) and my husband insists on having the window open in the kitchen while he cooks. He's insane. I told him I'm not helping if it has to be that cold in there.

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
bahwm wrote:Oh, hush! Current Buffalo temperature is 15 degrees with a wind chill of 1 degree! Um, yeah. This is damn cold! Where's that Brrrrrr. icon?

We've warmed up to -4! Awesome!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

bahwm

otolith wrote:We've warmed up to -4! Awesome!

Woo-hoo! But, in Buffalo proper, we have no snow. About 5 miles away, they have about a foot of snow! That's Lake Effect for you!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
bahwm wrote:Woo-hoo! But, in Buffalo proper, we have no snow. About 5 miles away, they have about a foot of snow! That's Lake Effect for you!

It's going to warm up enough tomorrow to snow.

I always love how it has to warm up to snow...OK, maybe I don't love it, but I do find it interesting.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

mommadeb1

chemvictim wrote:It's 20 degrees here (much better than it has been) and my husband insists on having the window open in the kitchen while he cooks. He's insane. I told him I'm not helping if it has to be that cold in there.

that is just insane!!

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother

Quick biddyness trip to S Fla, so while I started the day in the 20s I actually had to close the top on the convertible I rented (it was cheaper than a mid-size, I swear ;)) because it was like 85 and humid and I was wearing a black polo which was soaking up the sun.

Unfortunately by this time tomorrow I'll be back in the 20s :/

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
ddeuddeg wrote:Another big thank you to all of you who are voting for my friend John Urschel.

It's a game now. How many Captchas in a row can I type without an error. Just now 21.

CT

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
mommadeb1 wrote:things are crazy here..... trying to get caught up at work...ok who am I fooling? trying to figure out everything at work.. kids have a million things going on.... never enough time... We went to Disney last weekend...perfect weather (it's been in the upper 80's)....

Yes, yes, everyone hates Florida. Shaddup.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mother

cheron98 wrote:Yes, yes, everyone hates Florida. Shaddup.

I think I got a little bit of a sunburn

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

We did manage a double digit high though.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bahwm

bhodilee wrote:

cortot20

quality posts: 159 Private Messages cortot20
rjquillin wrote:It's a game now. How many Captchas in a row can I type without an error. Just now 21.

You sir are a gluten for punishment, I hate those things.

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ddeuddeg wrote:My experience suggests that you'll be lucky if they read your email successfully, let alone respond appropriately.
This is an exchange I had last month:

To: Support
Subject: Shirt:woot

One of my wife's French students wanted to order the Mon Petit Chou t-shirt from the All Designs page, but it is one of a small number that is designated as Out of Print. The FAQ's mention categories that would make a shirt unavailable, but none seem to apply to this shirt design. Is there a possibility that it might become available again?

Hello ddeuddeg,

Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.

That shirt is probably available in our All Designs catalog, along with nearly every other Shirt.Woot design: http://shirt.woot.com/catalog
A handful of designs are no longer available because of issues surrounding ownership of the rights to the artwork. Sorry about that.

Best regards,
Ray
Woot Member Services

Hello, McFly! I already looked at the All Designs page.

Yep, seems like it's a standard bot response. Had that happen on other issues as well.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
mother wrote:I think I got a little bit of a sunburn

Forget a hat?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mother

polarbear22 wrote:Forget a hat?

Yeah- it's sitting right on the console table at the top of the steps back in CT...

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

I know! It's Global Warming!! It's supposed to be 80° on Monday & Tuesday! Beach weather!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
bhodilee wrote:

We hit 11° in NE Ohio yesterday with a couple inches of snow. 4° overnight, 15° right now. Heatwave!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus

I started watching Lost in college (2004) and I'm finally finishing the series. I have two episodes left, but I am having such a hard time finishing it. Must keep going.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
MarkDaSpark wrote:Yep, seems like it's a standard bot response. Had that happen on other issues as well.

I'm still waiting for a response to my email pointing out that I ordered one of something, my credit card got charged for one, but they sent me two. The time will come when I just consider it a gift.

And we hit -17 here in glorious South Dakota the other day. Plenty of snow, too. Yee ha.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

ddeuddeg

polarbear22 wrote:Forget a hat?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

ddeuddeg

By now, it must seem like this will never end, but voting ends Monday at midnight CST (just like woot). You can vote, Chicago-style a la RJ, until then.
Meanwhile, here's a charming news item about a café in France that has a pricing structure for coffee, depending on your level of politeness.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

[MOD: No referral links allowed. Sorry.]

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bahwm

I phoned ddeuddeg not even 5 minutes ago. While I was looking out the window, I saw some light flurries. 5 minutes later, I cannot see the sidewalk! All after school activities were cancelled at my school today and we were sent home immediately after the buses left.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

What pairs well with fajitas?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

North316 wrote:What pairs well with fajitas?

chicken
steak

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

ddeuddeg wrote:My experience suggests that you'll be lucky if they read your email successfully, let alone respond appropriately.
This is an exchange I had last month:

To: Support
Subject: Shirt:woot

One of my wife's French students wanted to order the Mon Petit Chou t-shirt from the All Designs page, but it is one of a small number that is designated as Out of Print. The FAQ's mention categories that would make a shirt unavailable, but none seem to apply to this shirt design. Is there a possibility that it might become available again?

Hello ddeuddeg,

Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.

That shirt is probably available in our All Designs catalog, along with nearly every other Shirt.Woot design: http://shirt.woot.com/catalog
A handful of designs are no longer available because of issues surrounding ownership of the rights to the artwork. Sorry about that.

Best regards,
Ray
Woot Member Services

Hello, McFly! I already looked at the All Designs page.

CS doesn't know when the shirt team will run specific shirts. The shirt team doesn't know when they'll runs specific shirts until a week or two before they go live.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ddeuddeg

ThunderThighs wrote:CS doesn't know when the shirt team will run specific shirts. The shirt team doesn't know when they'll runs specific shirts until a week or two before they go live.

I get that. But Ray referred me to the All Designs page, when I felt that my message clearly indicated that I'd already been there. All I ask is that the responder respond to my specific question, like in the old days, before we started getting generic form letters.

ThunderThighs

Staff

ddeuddeg wrote:I get that. But Ray referred me to the All Designs page, when I felt that my message clearly indicated that I'd already been there. All I ask is that the responder respond to my specific question, like in the old days, before we started getting generic form letters.

They've always used form letters to some extent. But yes, they are totally swamped and answering things really fast. Apologies.

FORUM MODERATOR

rjquillin

cheron98 wrote:[MOD: No referral links allowed. Sorry.]

PM me the link, if it's not your Pampered post.
This turn in to juvie woot?
Geeze..

CT

North316

rjquillin wrote:PM me the link...
Is it your Pampered post?
This turn in to juvie woot?
Geeze..

Look at sig...

My CT

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
kylemittskus wrote:I started watching Lost in college (2004) and I'm finally finishing the series. I have two episodes left, but I am having such a hard time finishing it. Must keep going.

Why must you keep going?

North316

ThunderThighs wrote:They've always used form letters to some extent. But yes, they are totally swamped and answering things really fast. Apologies.

I would be swamped too if 50% of the things I did were wrong. Yes, 50% of my orders in the last two weeks have had issues.

My CT

rjquillin

ddeuddeg wrote:By now, it must seem like this will never end, but voting ends Monday at midnight CST (just like woot). You can vote, Chicago-style a la RJ, until then.

Ha!
Only about 20~25 so far today, but I did see the spread from yesterday widen a bit, that's reassuring.

CT

ddeuddeg

North316 wrote:I would be swamped too if 50% of the things I did were wrong.