cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
vaaccess wrote:Going to donate two bottles of wine to a raffle that supports the theater group that my girls are in.

Thinking I'll go with a 2011 Wellington Sauvignon Blanc, but can't decide on the red.

Was considering a Ty Caton Cab, but tasting notes are saying they need to age more and I don't want someone to win the raffle, open it and think it's "not good"...Ya know?

Hmmm...

Considered a Gundlach Bundschu, but don't know that I can give up those cabs.

Considered a Wellington Victory, but I only have two...!

Hmm....

The caton wines even when young are always impressive to even those who know very little about wine. I have donated them before and they are always well received.

CT

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
vaaccess wrote:Going to donate two bottles of wine to a raffle that supports the theater group that my girls are in.

Thinking I'll go with a 2011 Wellington Sauvignon Blanc, but can't decide on the red.

Was considering a Ty Caton Cab, but tasting notes are saying they need to age more and I don't want someone to win the raffle, open it and think it's "not good"...Ya know?

Hmmm...

Hmm....

I guess I could go with VA wines since people will recognize them more readily, but given the fact that this show will be seen by so many people...Want to get some exposure to some high-class wine makers.

Ok going to give Peter some good exposure...Going with a 2005 Wellington Cab Sauv (Handal-Denier)...I hope whomever wins the raffle enjoys it!!!

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
cortot20 wrote:The caton wines even when young are always impressive to even those who know very little about wine. I have donated them before and they are always well received.

That's true....

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

klezman

quality posts: 120 Private Messages klezman
bhodilee wrote:Is your mom okay with this? I suppose if I had to meat a gristly end, shepherd's pie would be one of my top choices

Syntactic ambiguity ftw!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951

Hmmm...

Hmm....

I'll buy a ticket!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
klezman wrote:Syntactic ambiguity ftw!

It was the pun, I had to make the pun!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bhodilee wrote:It was the pun, I had to make the pun!

Of course you did!! I enjoyed it immensely.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Anyone seen madwine recently? We're drinking a Madison Cab tonight and it's quite delicious. Made me think of her and how we haven't seen her in a while.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

klezman

quality posts: 120 Private Messages klezman
cheron98 wrote:Anyone seen madwine recently? We're drinking a Madison Cab tonight and it's quite delicious. Made me think of her and how we haven't seen her in a while.

They come up frequently at SoCal gatherings, but alas I've yet to meet her.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:Anyone seen madwine recently? We're drinking a Madison Cab tonight and it's quite delicious. Made me think of her and how we haven't seen her in a while.

I saw them last year, but nothing this year. They've been invited to some of the Irvine SoCal gatherings, but have yet to make it.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Which vintage? I have one bottle left from Woot. (2004)

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar