klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman
Cesare wrote:Passports are being processed during the shutdown, in 4 weeks or less.
http://travel.state.gov/passport/

If only DOL was processing foreign worker certs. Le sigh.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
klezman wrote:If only DOL was processing foreign worker certs. Le sigh.

The NSA, CIA, FBI, and Homeland are holding yours up.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Candy Basket Salted Caramels on Home.woot!

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
ThunderThighs wrote:Candy Basket Salted Caramels on Home.woot!

Don't you usually ban shills

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
bahwm wrote:Still????? He's had a year to do that--at least! Still has time, my guess is that he could get it by January, 2014. It doesn't take three months to get a passport!

No, me. He's got his, now I need one with my new address and name and all that. Have an appointment set up for next Saturday to turn in all the paperwork for it.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

Cesare wrote:Passports are being processed during the shutdown, in 4 weeks or less.
http://travel.state.gov/passport/

Oh good, I was kind of worried about that, but then I figured that had to be considered an "essential" portion of government. The big holdup for us has been me getting all the legal crap taken care of. Like updating the SSN, getting the NY driver's license (which just arrived yesterday, just in time for us to fly to Michigan tomorrow)... Once I surrendered the Michigan license, I had no photo ID at all, and no way to cross a border because that was the enhanced license. So yeah. Time for a real passport

cheron98

otolith wrote:Not really.

And I've done it before.

Yes I know. Because you haunt the thread

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:The NSA, CIA, FBI, and Homeland are holding yours up.

And SHIELD. Don't forget SHIELD.

cheron98

bhodilee wrote:Don't you usually ban shills

Is it still a shill when it's about a company we're familiar with whose products we trust and drool over?

I mean, it'd be like someone screaming "Brandini on wine.woot Plus!"

(you did know it was there, right?)

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Did you get the NY state enhanced license? That way you dont have to keep carrying your passport around?

cheron98 wrote:Oh good, I was kind of worried about that, but then I figured that had to be considered an "essential" portion of government. The big holdup for us has been me getting all the legal crap taken care of. Like updating the SSN, getting the NY driver's license (which just arrived yesterday, just in time for us to fly to Michigan tomorrow)... Once I surrendered the Michigan license, I had no photo ID at all, and no way to cross a border because that was the enhanced license. So yeah. Time for a real passport

cheron98

tiger7610 wrote:Did you get the NY state enhanced license? That way you dont have to keep carrying your passport around?

No, since we'd already decided I was going to get the regular passport for potential future trips overseas, we weren't going to also get the enhanced license.

bhodilee

cheron98 wrote:Is it still a shill when it's about a company we're familiar with whose products we trust and drool over?

I mean, it'd be like someone screaming "Brandini on wine.woot Plus!"

(you did know it was there, right?)

Hey! I said shill, not shrill

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

ThunderThighs

Staff

bhodilee wrote:Don't you usually ban shills

Fine, I won't tell you that have some wine fridges on sale then.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bhodilee

ThunderThighs wrote:Fine, I won't tell you that have some wine fridges on sale then.

I won't lie, I want that under cabinet one.

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:And SHIELD. Don't forget SHIELD.

SHIELD is part of Homeland now, remember? The "H" part of SHIELD?

Although for those who don't remember the original acronym meaning: Supreme Headquarters, International Espionage, Law-Enforcement Division. Created to handle super human threats.

Evidently, it was changed in 1991 to Strategic Hazard Intervention Espionage Logistics Directorate.

And lately (starting in the movie Iron Man), Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Fine, I won't tell you that have some wine fridges on sale then.

Good. Don't. And don't remind people that the Thermoelectric ones are only good in certain conditions and aren't good if you are in warmer climates.

Unless you run your AC all the time.

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:Good. Don't. And don't remind people that the Thermoelectric ones are only good in certain conditions and aren't good if you are in warmer climates.

Unless you run your AC all the time.

As a gift I got one of the cheapish 12-bottle Vinotemp boxes 3~4 years ago I use for open bottles. Keep it set to 50F and it varies a couple degrees either way depending on ambient. It's crashed a few times too and I had to replace an internal electrolytic capacitor that keep giving up. Think I have a decent one in there now, as it's been solid over a year. Now it will fail for sure tomorrow.

Point is our house regularly gets into the high 80's low 90's and this TEC box holds up fine; others may not...

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:As a gift I got one of the cheapish 12-bottle Vinotemp boxes 3~4 years ago I use for open bottles. Keep it set to 50F and it varies a couple degrees either way depending on ambient. It's crashed a few times too and I had to replace an internal electrolytic capacitor that keep giving up. Think I have a decent one in there now, as it's been solid over a year. Now it will fail for sure tomorrow.

Point is our house regularly gets into the high 80's low 90's and this TEC box holds up fine; others may not...

I re-read some of the posts in the Coolers thread, and the temp in TEC can vary a lot inside. The bottom can be 6-8° off from the temp read at the top.

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
MarkDaSpark wrote:SHIELD is part of Homeland now, remember? The "H" part of SHIELD?

Although for those who don't remember the original acronym meaning: Supreme Headquarters, International Espionage, Law-Enforcement Division. Created to handle super human threats.

Evidently, it was changed in 1991 to Strategic Hazard Intervention Espionage Logistics Directorate.

And lately (starting in the movie Iron Man), Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division.

And, in the first episode of Agents of SHIELD, one character, when asked what SHIELD meant, said it meant that someone spent too much time trying to come up with a name that spelled SHIELD.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

bhodilee

JOATMON wrote:And, in the first episode of Agents of SHIELD, one character, when asked what SHIELD meant, said it meant that someone spent too much time trying to come up with a name that spelled SHIELD.

I'm liking that show quite a bit, they just need to steal Gary and bring him into the flock. I miss Gary.

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:I re-read some of the posts in the Coolers thread, and the temp in TEC can vary a lot inside. The bottom can be 6-8° off from the temp read at the top.

You challenge me to profile over time internal temperature gradients?
You know I will...

CT

ThunderThighs

Staff

rjquillin wrote:You challenge me to profile over time internal temperature gradients?
You know I will...

FIGHT! FIGHT!

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:You challenge me to profile over time internal temperature gradients?
You know I will...

I Triple Dog Dare you!

rjquillin

What are folks using, and are pleased with, to dry stemware?

CT

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
rjquillin wrote:What are folks using, and are pleased with, to dry stemware?

I bought a set of microfiber towels from IWA. We let them air dry most of the way, then use the towel to dry and polish.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:I Triple Dog Dare you!

interception just got real

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

This.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:I Triple Dog Dare you!

Two temp/RH loggers installed; upper right back, lower left front.

They log 16384 samples in one minute intervals for 11.377... days of data.

Should be interesting.

CT

rjquillin

ddeuddeg wrote:This.

Serious? How's it do with crappy water.
Our pH here is 8.1~8.4 and TDS runs between 772~1101ppm, alkalinity averages 230ppm, predominately Ca and Na.
We drink RO water.

CT

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
cheron98 wrote:Yes I know. Because you haunt the thread

More like lurk. Sometimes it takes too much effort to post.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

well this sucks... I just kicked a piece of exercise equipment I have, and broke my pinky toe... not like this hasn't happened before.... but man o man... it hurts!!!! must drink more wine to make it stop hurting!!

MarkDaSpark

Microfiber towels, ones from Riedel and some blue ones from Wine Enthusiast.

Also sometimes use this. And I think I may have this one buried somewhere. Should find it ...

klezman

MarkDaSpark wrote:I re-read some of the posts in the Coolers thread, and the temp in TEC can vary a lot inside. The bottom can be 6-8° off from the temp read at the top.

This is true. My thermoelectric fridge has about that temperature spread. But both ends of the range are fine for the vino. And it's pretty stable.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

Dishwasher

cortot20

quality posts: 137 Private Messages cortot20

Flour sack towels, hard to find now adays but super absorbent and soft.

CT

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
rjquillin wrote:Serious? How's it do with crappy water.
Our pH here is 8.1~8.4 and TDS runs between 772~1101ppm, alkalinity averages 230ppm, predominately Ca and Na.
We drink RO water.

Isn't that called "salt water"?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

rjquillin

cortot20 wrote:Flour sack towels, hard to find now adays but super absorbent and soft.

Like THESE on the mother ship?

Not exactly as I recall them...
Now I'll really show my age.
As a youngster I used to work for a relative, great uncle or something, I'm terrible with family relations, at the output of a mill sacking and weighing flour and then tying the bags closed. At the time didn't seem like work at all, but I'm sure it would now be considered highly illegal considering my age at the time.

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
rjquillin wrote:Serious? How's it do with crappy water.
We drink RO water.

But your question was about drying glassware. This seems like a problem with washing glassware. Of course, I could be wrong.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:Flour sack towels, hard to find now adays but super absorbent and soft.

Still have some around that Nonna and great aunts embroidered on.

cortot20

quality posts: 137 Private Messages cortot20
rjquillin wrote:Like THESE on the mother ship?

Not exactly as I recall them...
Now I'll really show my age.
As a youngster I used to work for a relative, great uncle or something, I'm terrible with family relations, at the output of a mill sacking and weighing flour and then tying the bags closed. At the time didn't seem like work at all, but I'm sure it would now be considered highly illegal considering my age at the time.

We find the old school embroidered ones but new ones may work just the same. I can't garuntee they are soft like the old ones are though.

CT