bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
tiger7610 wrote:My ipod of almost 8 years has finally bit the dust. It makes a clicking sound when i connect it to a charger and the people at apple just told me that I can get a new one for over $200. Yeah no. I'm looking at Sansa mp3 players for now, mostly because I happen to have bunch of charging cables from woot, and because I'm sick of using itunes. Anyone use sansa mp3 players and what are peoples opinions? Or any better suggestions? No apple products

I found out today there is a Nexus 4. That'd work, not sure on price though. Also Sammy makes a galaxy mp3 player. If you just wan a cheap mp3 only machine, just get the sansa and be done with it.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

yea! short work week!!! Friday is a teacher workday, so I don't have to go in!!
Hope everyone has a great Monday! (I know Mondays suck... trying to be positive!!)

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
tiger7610 wrote:Can you play songs on random, or would it play one after another? Like can I shuffle the playlists? How easy is it to add songs/make playlists? Also audiobooks?

I remember from reading all the board comments back in my Sansa-buying heyday that people really liked them for audiobooks. My old Sansas are still going strong. The fact that they have an FM radio is a big plus for me.

Also, much as I love them, I also enjoy my iPod Touch, though I use it for apps & Wifi, and not really for music. One cheaper way than getting a new one -- Apple frequently sells refurbs on their site that include the regular 1-yr Apple warranty. I see there are a couple of different models on there at the moment.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
MarkDaSpark wrote:I use one from years ago, 8mb plus another 8mb on the microSD card. Just picked up another one since the older one acted up for a bit, just before a trip.

The older one I use with Windows Media Player, and it transfers songs and playlists over fine. And it shuffles songs (so yes on random). Not sure about audiobooks, since I haven't used them.

I think the newer one does allow audiobooks, but not sure how. Not sure about shuffling playlists, haven't tried that either.

I'm assuming MB was supposed to be GB, if not you are better off with a WalkMan.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 173 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
North316 wrote:I'm assuming MB was supposed to be GB, if not you are better off with a WalkMan.

Doh! Yes. GB.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
tiger7610 wrote:My ipod of almost 8 years has finally bit the dust. It makes a clicking sound when i connect it to a charger and the people at apple just told me that I can get a new one for over $200. Yeah no. I'm looking at Sansa mp3 players for now, mostly because I happen to have bunch of charging cables from woot, and because I'm sick of using itunes. Anyone use sansa mp3 players and what are peoples opinions? Or any better suggestions? No apple products

I have a Sansa clip zip, which I bought for cheap after my cursed ipod died and I had no more patience for Apple dicketry. It's worked well for me so far and I've had it...maybe a year? Not sure. The only thing I use it for is audiobooks, almost all from Audible but a few from the public library. The main complaint I have with it is, it shuts off for battery saving and it takes a few seconds to come back on. With my ipod nano, I could double click the button on top to pause, but with this thing I have to hit a button to make the screen come on, then hit a button to unlock, then hit pause. It's okay though, it was cheap, it's lightweight, it clips on, it charges with the same charger I use for my cell phone, all good things.