MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark



Happy Birthday to Aces219 and HitAnyKey42!!





Happy Birthday to Aces219 and HitAnyKey42!!!




















☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆




Edit: Sparkolith!


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

otolith


quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
rjquillin wrote:At least you know/knew where yours are/were. I grabbed three on the rpm tour and have no idea where they ended up. Don't remember if I drove them back or WD shipped them. Gone, just gone, until they appear, hopefully.



So I'm not the only one who ended up missing a few bottles? I just dom't know where they went. Still haven't found them in my cellar...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

klezman


quality posts: 120 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:At least you know/knew where yours are/were. I grabbed three on the rpm tour and have no idea where they ended up. Don't remember if I drove them back or WD shipped them. Gone, just gone, until they appear, hopefully.



Good thing they will age, then!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bahwm


quality posts: 27 Private Messages bahwm

Oh, Grrr! My car has been having brake issues over the past few weeks both going forward and backward. So much so, that I had to start braking waaaaay in advance and still floor the brakes. I finally took it in. The brakelines are corroded through and through. It is a 2002 Olds Alero with about 73,000 miles on it. Within the past year I replaced the front and rear brakes and all four tires. Cost to get it fixed: $1500. It may not be ready until Monday since it is such a pita of a job.

I have been thinking that I need to start to consider getting a different car, since this one is rusting in a few areas, but I wasn't thinking NOW. I found out its diagnosis around 11 this morning. I called back around 4 to see if they've started work on it. John's been working on it all day. I really can't have him stop now. I sure hope nothing else goes wrong on it and that I can get through the winter and maybe then some.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bahwm wrote:Oh, Grrr! My car has been having brake issues over the past few weeks both going forward and backward. So much so, that I had to start braking waaaaay in advance and still floor the brakes. I finally took it in. The brakelines are corroded through and through. It is a 2002 Olds Alero with about 73,000 miles on it. Within the past year I replaced the front and rear brakes and all four tires. Cost to get it fixed: $1500. It may not be ready until Monday since it is such a pita of a job.

I have been thinking that I need to start to consider getting a different car, since this one is rusting in a few areas, but I wasn't thinking NOW. I found out its diagnosis around 11 this morning. I called back around 4 to see if they've started work on it. John's been working on it all day. I really can't have him stop now. I sure hope nothing else goes wrong on it and that I can get through the winter and maybe then some.



So they didn't even inspect the brakelines when they replace thes brakes in the last year? Time for a new mechanic, not a new car.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bahwm


quality posts: 27 Private Messages bahwm
North316 wrote:So they didn't even inspect the brakelines when they replace thes brakes in the last year? Time for a new mechanic, not a new car.


Can't say for sure. The brakes were done at different times. Likely they appeared to be pretty decent, at the time or at least not needing to be replaced quite yet.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
bahwm wrote:Can't say for sure. The brakes were done at different times. Likely they appeared to be pretty decent, at the time or at least not needing to be replaced quite yet.

You have snow, correct?
To clear streets they use salt, correct?
Salt + water = rust.
Should be a normal item to inspect for safety...

Agree with North.

CT

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

lonng day... before 6 in the morning... bread moldy = no lunch for kids....2 dogs got sprayed by a skunk.... got them cleaned up... horse breaks fence is at my front door.. dog pukes in kitchen....get to car to go to work... dump my water all over my feet/pants..... at least at work things went ok.... can't wait for the !!

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mommadeb1 wrote:lonng day... before 6 in the morning... bread moldy = no lunch for kids....2 dogs got sprayed by a skunk.... got them cleaned up... horse breaks fence is at my front door.. dog pukes in kitchen....get to car to go to work... dump my water all over my feet/pants..... at least at work things went ok.... can't wait for the !!



See? All is not peachy-keen for us Black Squares!

Oh, and congrats by the way.


Edit: Dang it! Forgot I want to add the wave!



Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Noooooooooooooo!!! CJ will be in mourning the rest of the year!



A tractor-trailer crash smashed hundreds of bottles of Veuve Clicquot Champagne, spilling it onto the highway. Plus, Fifty Shades of Grey: The Wine, and two new applications for wine as a renewable resource. Check out the latest wine news in Unfiltered: http://www.winespectator.com/webfeature/show/id/48963. (Photo credit: Tim Cook/The Day) — with Cristy Hoyo.


Outside Griswold, Conn.




Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

chemvictim


quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
mommadeb1 wrote:lonng day... before 6 in the morning... bread moldy = no lunch for kids....2 dogs got sprayed by a skunk.... got them cleaned up... horse breaks fence is at my front door.. dog pukes in kitchen....get to car to go to work... dump my water all over my feet/pants..... at least at work things went ok.... can't wait for the !!



You deserve wine, lots of it.

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
chemvictim wrote:You deserve wine, lots of it.



I agree... but have to work tomorrow and it's weigh in morning... so I will wait until tomorrow night!!

bahwm


quality posts: 27 Private Messages bahwm
mommadeb1 wrote:lonng day... before 6 in the morning... bread moldy = no lunch for kids....2 dogs got sprayed by a skunk.... got them cleaned up... horse breaks fence is at my front door.. dog pukes in kitchen....get to car to go to work... dump my water all over my feet/pants..... at least at work things went ok.... can't wait for the !!


Sorry you've had such a tough day.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:Sorry you've had such a tough day.



thanks.....it got to be almost comical.... but hey... tomorrow is friday!!!

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

Kyle, were you looking for the bone corkscrew?
Up now.

CT

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

Got a friend coming this way from Germany. Excess baggage is expensive.
Anyone have experience getting bottles from Europe to the US?

CT

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
rjquillin wrote:Kyle, were you looking for the bone corkscrew?
Up now.



I was totally joking. The ebony one was up and I asked for the ivory one. Get it? I know. I know.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:I was totally joking. The ebony one was up and I asked for the ivory one. Get it? I know. I know.

Old and slow, that's me.

CT

InFrom


quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
MarkDaSpark wrote:Noooooooooooooo!!! CJ will be in mourning the rest of the year!



A tractor-trailer crash smashed hundreds of bottles of Veuve Clicquot Champagne, spilling it onto the highway. Plus, Fifty Shades of Grey: The Wine, and two new applications for wine as a renewable resource. Check out the latest wine news in Unfiltered: http://www.winespectator.com/webfeature/show/id/48963. (Photo credit: Tim Cook/The Day) — with Cristy Hoyo.


Outside Griswold, Conn.


Hey, empty boxes!

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Dang it! Bacon & Zombie lunchboxes are up ... but I don't need them!


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman


quality posts: 120 Private Messages klezman
chemvictim wrote:You deserve wine, lots of it.



As did I after today - so I'm drinking plenty of it. Fable Charbono, the red one, not rose.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
klezman wrote:As did I after today - so I'm drinking plenty of it. Fable Charbono, the red one, not rose.



You wanted two bottles of it, right? The rose, not the red one.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
klezman wrote:Stone Brewing Wheaton W00tstout!

Gotta get some of that...



Did you ever get some of it?

I still have one bottle I can bring to open sometime.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
klezman wrote:As did I after today - so I'm drinking plenty of it. Fable Charbono, the red one, not rose.



I have one of those, too. I was told we'd see it sometime between now and the next week or so.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Today's Google doodle is specific to me. It's a bunch of birthday cake and cupcakes and such and when I hover, it says "Happy Birthday Kyle!" CREEPY!!!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
klezman wrote:As did I after today - so I'm drinking plenty of it. Fable Charbono, the red one, not rose.



what happened?

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:Today's Google doodle is specific to me. It's a bunch of birthday cake and cupcakes and such and when I hover, it says "Happy Birthday Kyle!" CREEPY!!!

Never saw Kyle, but I beat up an 88 on the pinata.

CT

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

I hate migraines!!!! Happy Saturday!!

bahwm


quality posts: 27 Private Messages bahwm

Picture perfect day in the neighborhood! Got to sleep in a bit; went to market; 73 degrees clear and sunny; started Christmas shopping for nieces; selected dates for our theater packages; caught up on some correspondence and thinking of doing some paperwork and maybe even rescuing niece number 1 from our plants that have been holding her hostage since July!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm


quality posts: 27 Private Messages bahwm

Speaking of Christmas shopping for the nieces--we've decided to put together a mixed case of wine for them and their husbands this year. We know they all like wine. We know that we have a plethora of wine in our cellar, so why not share some of it. Yes, less for us, but . . . Feel free to steal our idea--probably nothing terribly novel about it. Share the wealth!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm


quality posts: 27 Private Messages bahwm

Oh, and the brakeline job was easier than they expected and so, it only cost $1,000! woot! I saved $500!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
bahwm wrote:Speaking of Christmas ...

I'm by no stretch a Grinch, but went to Costco yesterday.
Trees, lit trees! Christmas merchandise everywhere!

It's still September, school ~just~ started, not yet Halloween, let along Thanksgiving.
Sorry folks, this is just entirely too early...

Perhaps this should be in that other thread we have; apologies for the rant here.

CT

bahwm


quality posts: 27 Private Messages bahwm
rjquillin wrote:I'm by no stretch a Grinch, but went to Costco yesterday.
Trees, lit trees! Christmas merchandise everywhere!

It's still September, school ~just~ started, not yet Halloween, let along Thanksgiving.
Sorry folks, this is just entirely too early...

Perhaps this should be in that other thread we have; apologies for the rant here.


Back in the late 70s, early 80s when I worked in a local department store, the Christmas ornaments and other decorations arrived for the new displays that were to be set up in August! Too crazy, if you ask me! Also, that was when working on a Sunday was still somewhat optional--we were only open on Sundays for Nov and Dec!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

chipgreen


quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen
bahwm wrote:Speaking of Christmas shopping for the nieces--we've decided to put together a mixed case of wine for them and their husbands this year. We know they all like wine. We know that we have a plethora of wine in our cellar, so why not share some of it. Yes, less for us, but . . . Feel free to steal our idea--probably nothing terribly novel about it. Share the wealth!


I'm not going to steal your idea but I will share the wealth. Feel free to stick an Orange Crusher in each mixed case for your nieces!
(and don't forget to grab one for yourselves if you haven't already)

bahwm


quality posts: 27 Private Messages bahwm

Smoothie du jour: mango, peach, blueberries; banana; vanilla soy milk and a little bit of OJ and agave nectar. Yummy!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:Picture perfect day in the neighborhood! Got to sleep in a bit; went to market; 73 degrees clear and sunny; started Christmas shopping for nieces; selected dates for our theater packages; caught up on some correspondence and thinking of doing some paperwork and maybe even rescuing niece number 1 from our plants that have been holding her hostage since July!



Christmas shopping???!!! It's still WAY to early to think about that!!

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
rjquillin wrote:I'm by no stretch a Grinch, but went to Costco yesterday.
Trees, lit trees! Christmas merchandise everywhere!

It's still September, school ~just~ started, not yet Halloween, let along Thanksgiving.
Sorry folks, this is just entirely too early...

Perhaps this should be in that other thread we have; apologies for the rant here.



I agree!!!! Having worked retail for a looonnngg time...I have to say has ruined the holidays for me..... People are not nice during the holidays (I should say most people)....and working retail (at a high end china shop) we, the sales staff, got the brunt of their anger..... my poor kids wonder why I don't get as excited about the holidays as I should........

bahwm


quality posts: 27 Private Messages bahwm
chipgreen wrote:I'm not going to steal your idea but I will share the wealth. Feel free to stick an Orange Crusher in each mixed case for your nieces!
(and don't forget to grab one for yourselves if you haven't already)


Hey, feel free to steal my idea! Anyone can, really. I'm sure it's not a totally original thought. Awe, thanks for your offer! You're so sweet! We'll have to do something soon to get that wine to you!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm


quality posts: 27 Private Messages bahwm
mommadeb1 wrote:I agree!!!! Having worked retail for a looonnngg time...I have to say has ruined the holidays for me..... People are not nice during the holidays (I should say most people)....and working retail (at a high end china shop) we, the sales staff, got the brunt of their anger..... my poor kids wonder why I don't get as excited about the holidays as I should........


Oooh, you too? I used to work in China, Gifts and Silver! That was where I started. To quote the manager who hired me, "It's like Christmas everyday!"

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm


quality posts: 27 Private Messages bahwm
mommadeb1 wrote:Christmas shopping???!!! It's still WAY to early to think about that!!


I agree. But we have to start doing things when we think of them or else, they may not happen! Plus, ddeuddeg happened to notice a couple of Spanish wines on another site that we thought they might like and we wanted. So, we'll get two for ourselves and give two away. Maybe we'll get some of those wine tags: "Hold until . . . "

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast