bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:

Sorry. I went to work for part of the day.
Now to figure out how to make things work with my cart, etc. I think it's time to go shopping. They scheduled my French class to be in a room where a Social Studies class will be occurring at the same time! I suppose I could teach Social Studies in French!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

You won't believe what mr. mommadeb asked me... he wanted to know if I got more Forte from Scot Harvey? esp. if it was on sale? Oh! Memes Galore!!!! Here I was trying to be good and I could have gotten another bottle!!! oh well, and he didn't even seem upset that I brought an almost full case home and having another case shipped!! we shall see what his reaction is after he checks the cc statement..

ps. and he was told a merchant was compromised and our cc info could be compromised...

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
otolith wrote:I've been nice to Monday, today, since it is being nice to me.

I don't particularly care to get more of this type of business than I already get.

Fair, but I'm not sure you have much leverage over mafia actions... probably a pretty constant average trauma rate year over year.

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
mommadeb1 wrote:we got a call that a company we shop online with (credit card company wouldn't tell us who). had been hacked and our cc might be compromised.. so once again we will be getting new cards... good thing this didn't happen during this past weekend!!

mine just got hacked... so I'm waiting too.

I hate crooks. bah.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mommadeb1 wrote:don't think so.. they said an online merchant..at least that's what I think mr. Mommadeb told me

NO, no, you need to tell Mr. Mommadeb that you didn't make all those wine purchases this weekend!!! It was that pesky identity thief who did that!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:NO, no, you need to tell Mr. Mommadeb that you didn't make all those wine purchases this weekend!!! It was that pesky identity thief who did that!

ohhh... why didn't I think of that? heee heee

wkdpanda

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wkdpanda

An update on wine and airlines. Pack really well!

K&L sold me a case shipper (styrofoam inside), and it worked. Barely. United did crush one corner, and the others are a little banged up.

However, it made it with no leaks on the outside (just now unpacking). Also, the shipper K&L sold me - its sized properly that I could fit a Wellington mag in the holes. Had to stuff socks in the other holes to keep the regular 750's from rattling around.

----------------
Andy the Wicked Panda

wkdpanda

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wkdpanda
mother wrote:You better go, I'll be in town on the 2nd and again on the 8th. ;)

Tell your people to get you to SF for the next VMworld. There was plenty of F5 presence this year. And then you are close to wine country for a week!

----------------
Andy the Wicked Panda

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I think I need to wash my eyeballs after watching the Woot Cellars video.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:I think I need to wash my eyeballs after watching the Woot Cellars video.

Can we sell them back Phat Goose to get the level back up????

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
wkdpanda wrote:Tell your people to get you to SF for the next VMworld. There was plenty of F5 presence this year. And then you are close to wine country for a week!

Indeed- I was just out there a few weeks ago for our big user/partner conference. I just didn't have 15 minutes to myself before I got back on the plane to head home :/

cortot20

quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20
cheron98 wrote:My older sister was married 13 years ago, so it's not that. The shocker is that these are the parents to whom alcohol is the devil. Or was.

My parents wouldn't have a Drink at dinner with me until after 1st I was married and 2nd my brother was out of college. Parents are odd sometimes.

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Blah.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
ThunderThighs wrote:I think I need to wash my eyeballs after watching the Woot Cellars video.

Hubba hubba

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
kylemittskus wrote:Blah.

What happened to your string of ??????

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

kylemittskus

ddeuddeg wrote:What happened to your string of ??????

I realized what she was talking about. I hadn't seen the new plus deal. By the way, I still haven't figured out when the hell the plus deals are posted. Or why there are sometimes 1 and sometimes 2.

ThunderThighs

Staff

kylemittskus wrote:I realized what she was talking about. I hadn't seen the new plus deal. By the way, I still haven't figured out when the hell the plus deals are posted. Or why there are sometimes 1 and sometimes 2.

Most start at 9am CT. A few start at midnight - especially during a woot-off. Rarely, one will start late but that's generally because some vital piece of info was missing like a photo, inventory count, etc.

As to whether it's one or two, it depends on the events that WD can set up.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ddeuddeg

kylemittskus wrote:I realized what she was talking about. I hadn't seen the new plus deal. By the way, I still haven't figured out when the hell the plus deals are posted. Or why there are sometimes 1 and sometimes 2.

I don't think they want us to figure it out. So far, I've been able to expect a new deal when the old one expires, and they post that right from the start, but why sometimes 1 and sometimes 2? I think the mothership is still trying to figure out a lot of things, like how to cope with cantankerous wine wooters.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

ThunderThighs

Staff

ddeuddeg wrote:I don't think they want us to figure it out. So far, I've been able to expect a new deal when the old one expires, and they post that right from the start, but why sometimes 1 and sometimes 2? I think the mothership is still trying to figure out a lot of things, like how to cope with cantankerous wine wooters.

Amazon has nothing to do with our sales, plus events, etc. On top of that, wine is all WD. If he has enough to put together two events, he does. If not....

ddeuddeg

ThunderThighs wrote:Amazon has nothing to do with our sales, plus events, etc. On top of that, wine is all WD. If he has enough to put together two events, he does. If not....

Sorry, I forgot to include the , so you'd know I wasn't being serious. Apparently, it's not just Amazon who hasn't figured that out yet.

MarkDaSpark

At first, I thought she was talking about the video from the Wootception. Then saw the Phat Goose Deal.

Then I burned my eyes out with bleach.

MarkDaSpark

It's National Cabernet Day!

Mount St. Larock's Caber net Sauv ig non

Edit:

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Is the Neil? or George? Looks kinda familiar.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:Is the Neil? or George? Looks kinda familiar.

It said Fat Gus, and where have you been hanging out?

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:It's International Cabernet Day!

According to the Wine Cellar Insider, you're a day late (but not necessarily a dollar short).

EDIT: Sorry, I failed to take this into account:

MarkDaSpark wrote:I burned my eyes out with bleach.

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

I just got a tweet from Woot. It seems that Fat Gus was hiding some Bandolier of Carrots. We're supposed to keep an eye out for more.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:It said Fat Gus, and where have you been hanging out?

Been busy, but not overly talkative, either.

Also, lamenting the fact I couldn't make it to the wootception, or to Napa, or wine country, this year.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:

Fine, NATIONAL Cabernet Day then!

MarkDaSpark

JOATMON wrote:I just got a tweet from Woot. It seems that Fat Gus was hiding some Bandolier of Carrots. We're supposed to keep an eye out for more.

I figured that was why they were telling us to keep watching, but since I burned my eyes out ...

Edit: And does anyone really want a Bandolier of Carrots that badly?

ddeuddeg

JOATMON wrote:I just got a tweet from Woot. It seems that Fat Gus was hiding some Bandolier of Carrots. We're supposed to keep an eye out for more.

I figured as much when I saw the note on the Plus page: "including some very interesting clues tattooed on his body..."
I think I've already seen enough of Gus.

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:Fine, NATIONAL Cabernet Day then!

Now you're just making stuff up.
Besides, who really needs an excuse to drink Cabernet Sauvignon?

kylemittskus

I'm still having issues with wine.woot (and other woot sites) loading slowly or not at all. Is anyone else having this issue?

TT, any thoughts?

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Now you're just making stuff up.
Besides, who really needs an excuse to drink Cabernet Sauvignon?

Nevermind.

rjquillin

quality posts: 168 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:I'm still having issues with wine.woot (and other woot sites) loading slowly or not at all. Is anyone else having this issue?

TT, any thoughts?

Generally I'm the one complaining about that, but today has been fine.
You do a tracert and look at the timings?

CT

ThunderThighs

Staff

kylemittskus wrote:I'm still having issues with wine.woot (and other woot sites) loading slowly or not at all. Is anyone else having this issue?

TT, any thoughts?

I'm not having near the problems I had during the woot-off. Every now then a page will load slowly though. Have you cleared out temps/cookies?

kylemittskus

rjquillin wrote:Generally I'm the one complaining about that, but today has been fine.
You do a tracert and look at the timings?

I have no idea what that means.

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

TT, any thoughts?

I've had this problem for about the past month. When using my iPhone, I can't load any of the woot pages about 75% of the time, and the rest is very, very slow.

kylemittskus

loveladyelectric wrote:I've had this problem for about the past month. When using my iPhone, I can't load any of the woot pages about 75% of the time, and the rest is very, very slow.

Same. It's also happening on my laptop using Chrome.

rjquillin

quality posts: 168 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:Same. It's also happening on my laptop using Chrome.

What OS?

CT

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:I figured that was why they were telling us to keep watching, but since I burned my eyes out ...

Edit: And does anyone really want a Bandolier of Carrots that badly?

I see a bit.ly/ link on his shoulder, but can't figure it out...oh well.

I think the video is hilarious.

--John Muir