mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
North316 wrote:I've physically received items from plus sales prior to the sale even ending. So it likely depends on the situation and quantities on hand and various fullfillment centers.

Interesting. If I was ever going to buy plus deals again I'd pay attention. I'm not convinced it's ever not like this...

For my particular case, it means they should have been able to comply with my request to alter the quantity, and the decision not to do it (or for the 'system' not to be able to do it) was a choice made by one or more Amazon employees which I find wholly unreasonable.

In contrast, had in fact the order shipped out last Tuesday before the sale ended, I would have felt that it was at least reasonable not to ship me the additional unit (though from good CS standpoint, they should have just done it anyhow).

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mother wrote:FWIW
-The day after the Plus offering ended they sent a shipping notice
-Just today they finally sent electronic shipping info to the USPS

So I think they still don't even start the fulfillment process until after the Plus offerings end, even for non Wine stuff.

It depends on the item.

We do process orders every couple hours. Once they're sent out, we can't pull them back for changes.

If the item is in an FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) warehouse, it can ship out that day or the next.

If it's a drop ship item, we still send files to the vendors in batches. The vendor may ship in batches or decide to hold and process them all at once but the order is still out of our domain and locked inside a file waiting to be processed.

People hated when we took so long to ship although we could make changes. Now we're working to ship faster but it limits our ability to make changes.

Sorry Mother. Hope that helps explain it though.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mother

ThunderThighs wrote:
Sorry Mother. Hope that helps explain it though.

Indeed it does, but not shipping AND not being flexible is what you've done to me in this case.

Edit:...useless rant was useless...

ThunderThighs

Staff

mother wrote:Indeed it does, but not shipping AND not being flexible is what you've done to me in this case.

If Amazon doesn't want to dictate shipment speed with fulfillment vendors, then they, you know, should just eat the shipping and send a separate order over for 1 unit and keep a customer happy.

What the choices of Amazon have done is leave me unhappy and intending to do a lot less spending with Woot, and you sending me something I'm not going to pay for since your inability to stop orders from being packaged and shipped in a 4 day period of time is in no way my problem.

I ate it last time with the wrong vintage wine that I clearly stated I didn't want, this time you guys can eat it. (Sorry)

PS The mothership adding the "add-on" BS combined with the unhappiness over here, has me seriously thinking about not renewing my Prime this year...

Uhm, we're not Amazon. They don't have anything to do with our purchasing or vendor relationships. We utilize their warehouse shipping just like many other 3rd party vendors do but it's our own inventory.

We do state on sales whether they will ship in 1-2 or 3-5 business days, the latter being drop ship. We've added the ability to cancel orders in the first 15 minutes. In most cases, it's probably best to cancel the order in thet window and reorder what you want.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mother

ThunderThighs wrote:Uhm, we're not Amazon. They don't have anything to do with our purchasing or vendor relationships.

Well then I shift all the blame to Woot for the Plus asshattery, is that better?

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Do you know what the remnants are after making pineapple infused rum? Yep. A lot of run infused pineapple. Saute with some butter and brown sugar, spoon over sweet cream ice cream from the local farm. And heaven in a bowl.

Now to check out recipes to smoke chicken.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

Output Machine Failing, Guys! what a day!! Had to get to chiropractor early...then run home get the kids...run into school and work HARD to undo the total chaos that was left by an employee who was let go cause they were a first year hire... all first year hires were let go at the end the year... so I knew the area was messed up.. but I didn't realize how BAD it was!! It took, myself, another adult, and the help of my 2 kids and my friends 3 kids, working for 9+ hours nonstop. to make a dent!! we still have prob. about a weeks worth of work to do! with just 2 of us!! plus I am filling in for 2 teachers, plus prob. during my break time work on this other position... going to be a really long year!! I am sooo proud of my kids!! they didn't complain at all!!

mommadeb1

polarbear22 wrote:Do you know what the remnants are after making pineapple infused rum? Yep. A lot of run infused pineapple. Saute with some butter and brown sugar, spoon over sweet cream ice cream from the local farm. And heaven in a bowl.

Sounds wonderful!!!

chipgreen

quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen
mommadeb1 wrote:Output Machine Failing, Guys! what a day!! Had to get to chiropractor early...then run home get the kids...run into school and work HARD to undo the total chaos that was left by an employee who was let go cause they were a first year hire... all first year hires were let go at the end the year... so I knew the area was messed up.. but I didn't realize how BAD it was!! It took, myself, another adult, and the help of my 2 kids and my friends 3 kids, working for 9+ hours nonstop. to make a dent!! we still have prob. about a weeks worth of work to do! with just 2 of us!! plus I am filling in for 2 teachers, plus prob. during my break time work on this other position... going to be a really long year!! I am sooo proud of my kids!! they didn't complain at all!!

Wow, what a mess. Good thing you had help!

chipgreen

mommadeb1 wrote:Sounds wonderful!!!

Yeah, I started salivating a little when I read his description. Love rum, pineapple and brown sugar...

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
mommadeb1 wrote:Output Machine Failing, Guys! what a day!! Had to get to chiropractor early...then run home get the kids...run into school and work HARD to undo the total chaos that was left by an employee who was let go cause they were a first year hire... all first year hires were let go at the end the year... so I knew the area was messed up.. but I didn't realize how BAD it was!! It took, myself, another adult, and the help of my 2 kids and my friends 3 kids, working for 9+ hours nonstop. to make a dent!! we still have prob. about a weeks worth of work to do! with just 2 of us!! plus I am filling in for 2 teachers, plus prob. during my break time work on this other position... going to be a really long year!! I am sooo proud of my kids!! they didn't complain at all!!

Our day was awful as well, also because of school but in a different way. Universities lying to us and changing their mind at the last second suddenly meant my wife was not qualified for the $7k per year, renewable scholarship which we were told she would be eligible to receive, and her 2 semesters of prerequisits they told her about at admission suddenly turned in 4 semesters at $9k per semester (hence the need for the scholarship). Needless to say, now she needs to scramble to somehow enroll somewhere else, with class starting next week. Awesome!

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
North316 wrote:Our day was awful as well, also because of school but in a different way. Universities lying to us and changing their mind at the last second suddenly meant my wife was not qualified for the $7k per year, renewable scholarship which we were told she would be eligible to receive, and her 2 semesters of prerequisits they told her about at admission suddenly turned in 4 semesters at $9k per semester (hence the need for the scholarship). Needless to say, now she needs to scramble to somehow enroll somewhere else, with class starting next week. Awesome!

Really sorry to here this.
Move to Poli'ticks':
[I ~could~ make a comment along the lines of 'government involvement with education funding has been a mess'...
I recall before, never mind. Once I could take a class at UC for under $300, not since, hush!]

Hope you get this sorted out.

CT

chipgreen

North316 wrote:Our day was awful as well, also because of school but in a different way. Universities lying to us and changing their mind at the last second suddenly meant my wife was not qualified for the $7k per year, renewable scholarship which we were told she would be eligible to receive, and her 2 semesters of prerequisits they told her about at admission suddenly turned in 4 semesters at $9k per semester (hence the need for the scholarship). Needless to say, now she needs to scramble to somehow enroll somewhere else, with class starting next week. Awesome!

Wow, sounds like they hired their admissions reps from a Used Car lot.

ThunderThighs

Staff

mother wrote:Well then I shift all the blame to Woot for the Plus asshattery, is that better?

Much. Thank you.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

SWMBO is in Vegas for a bachelorette party.

Before Em: drink an entire bottle of one of my prized wines, eat ice cream in bed at midnight while watching Netflix for 5 hours straight.

With Em: eat dinner, give Em a bath, read her a book, lay her down, and go to bed with a single scotch before 8:30. And probably wake up at least once to put her back to sleep since she has a cold, again.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
kylemittskus wrote:SWMBO is in Vegas for a bachelorette party.

Before Em: drink an entire bottle of one of my prized wines, eat ice cream in bed at midnight while watching Netflix for 5 hours straight.

With Em: eat dinner, give Em a bath, read her a book, lay her down, and go to bed with a single scotch before 8:30. And probably wake up at least once to put her back to sleep since she has a cold, again.

And you wouldn't trade it for the world, correct?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

kylemittskus

otolith wrote:And you wouldn't trade it for the world, correct?

Not in a million years.

mommadeb1

We need a miracle to fix the national education fiasco!! from all that I hear, we could still loose teachers and aides or principles!!! Hope she gets things worked out!!!

mommadeb1

kylemittskus wrote:SWMBO is in Vegas for a bachelorette party.

pre kids: I could actually sleep thru the night!! as well as do whatever else I wanted.... but I wouldnt change (much) either
hope she feels better!

mommadeb1

well, I just was woot surfing... realized I missed another Bunch of Cursors....

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
ThunderThighs wrote:Much. Thank you.

Wonderful. Now that you're finished sparring with mother, could you please get to the bottom of the problem with shipping to New York? The laws haven't changed here in the past 2 weeks. It's inconceivable that all of the wineries supplying these offers have all simultaneously let their permits lapse. I have enough wine in the cellar that I could afford to stop bothering to look here for quite a while, which is what will likely happen if I don't see some sort of meaningful response soon.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

kylemittskus

ddeuddeg wrote:Wonderful. Now that you're finished sparring with mother, could you please get to the bottom of the problem with shipping to New York? The laws haven't changed here in the past 2 weeks. It's inconceivable that all of the wineries supplying these offers have all simultaneously let their permits lapse. I have enough wine in the cellar that I could afford to stop bothering to look here for quite a while, which is what will likely happen if I don't see some sort of meaningful response soon.

I'm surprised that WD didn't provide more info when he mentioned the issue a few days ago.

ddeuddeg

kylemittskus wrote:I'm surprised that WD didn't provide more info when he mentioned the issue a few days ago.

At the time, it seemed like he was trying to rectify things, and he said to stay tuned. He's never given any reason at all to doubt his sincerity, so this must be a really thorny problem. I just can't imagine what kind of technical glitch couldn't be located and dealt with after 3 days. And an update, indicating it's being addressed, wouldn't hurt.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
ddeuddeg wrote:At the time, it seemed like he was trying to rectify things, and he said to stay tuned. He's never given any reason at all to doubt his sincerity, so this must be a really thorny problem. I just can't imagine what kind of technical glitch couldn't be located and dealt with after 3 days. And an update, indicating it's being addressed, wouldn't hurt.

I wonder if it is related to the ongoing battles on taxes between Amazon and New York...

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

ddeuddeg

JOATMON wrote:I wonder if it is related to the ongoing battles on taxes between Amazon and New York...

An interesting question.

ThunderThighs wrote:Uhm, we're not Amazon.

ddeuddeg

If Sparky weren't at the beach, he'd be accusing me of killing this thread. Sorry, folks.

mommadeb1

ddeuddeg wrote:
If Sparky weren't at the beach, he'd be accusing me of killing this thread. Sorry, folks.

I was wondering if my computer was working!! ha ha
trying to get ready for school/work on monday

bahwm

quality posts: 27 Private Messages bahwm

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to remove a stain of cricket guts, blood and who knows what else from a sheet? I had the sheet on the floor in the laundry room, picked it up and there was a HUGE, seriously HUGE (about an inch or larger) cricket in the folds of the sheet. I hate bugs. I really hate bugs when they get in my house! I stomped on it and it made a mess. I dumped the dead cricket into the toilet. Today, I pre-treated it with Oxy=Clean Stain Remover. No luck.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
bahwm wrote:Does anybody have any suggestions on how to remove a stain of cricket guts, blood and who knows what else from a sheet? I had the sheet on the floor in the laundry room, picked it up and there was a HUGE, seriously HUGE (about an inch or larger) cricket in the folds of the sheet. I hate bugs. I really hate bugs when they get in my house! I stomped on it and it made a mess. I dumped the dead cricket into the toilet. Today, I pre-treated it with Oxy=Clean Stain Remover. No luck.

Unfortunately, making a wish upon a star won't work for you, now...

ddeuddeg wrote:Yeah, they hadn't arrived yet.

Is that what they told you at the store? So they are still on the way? Hmmm, is there a wooter in that part of PA?

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
bahwm wrote:Does anybody have any suggestions on how to remove a stain of cricket guts, blood and who knows what else from a sheet? I had the sheet on the floor in the laundry room, picked it up and there was a HUGE, seriously HUGE (about an inch or larger) cricket in the folds of the sheet. I hate bugs. I really hate bugs when they get in my house! I stomped on it and it made a mess. I dumped the dead cricket into the toilet. Today, I pre-treated it with Oxy=Clean Stain Remover. No luck.

Dunno, but I've used hydrogen peroxide to remove many stains from many fabrics, and blood was one of them. Stain, not fabric.

CT

ddeuddeg

zTimothyBz wrote:Is that what they told you at the store? So they are still on the way? Hmmm, is there a wooter in that part of PA?

There was a note on the box from the salesman saying you'd ordered 5 more, but they weren't in yet. They offered to call us when they came in. I don't know of any wooters in that part of PA, but if any of our friends from NYC happened to be visiting the outlet mall in Tannersville, they'd be just a few miles away.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mother wrote:Interesting. If I was ever going to buy plus deals again I'd pay attention. I'm not convinced it's ever not like this...

For my particular case, it means they should have been able to comply with my request to alter the quantity, and the decision not to do it (or for the 'system' not to be able to do it) was a choice made by one or more Amazon employees which I find wholly unreasonable.

In contrast, had in fact the order shipped out last Tuesday before the sale ended, I would have felt that it was at least reasonable not to ship me the additional unit (though from good CS standpoint, they should have just done it anyhow).

What I love is when it's two sets of the same thing, and you get two shipments, instead of one.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

You know you're a Woot Wineaux when ... you post what you drank at 4:30 AM on a Sunday!

The Ultimate WW would have also posted in the Pub!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:You know you're a Woot Wineaux when ... you post what you drank at 4:30 AM on a Sunday!

The Ultimate WW would have also posted in the Pub!

I was up, and it was 6:30am my time.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:I was up, and it was 6:30am my time.

Sorry, I'll amend it to: "You know you're a Woot Wineaux when you are drinking your wine and posting about it at 6:30 AM".

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:Sorry, I'll amend it to: "You know you're a Woot Wineaux when you are drinking your wine and posting about it at 6:30 AM".

At least I was drinking wine!

--John Muir

kylemittskus

otolith wrote:At least I was drinking wine!

Game. Set. Match.

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:Game. Set. Match.

Aren't you still on probation?

And I had some InZinerator and Prosecco Superiore from my cellar this week. As well as other wine not from my cellar this week.

Can I help it if we went to Stone Brewing in Escondido on Monday and filled our growlers with their golden brews?

Even a growler with wootStout!

Edit: Technically, my count only went down by one bottle this week, since I picked up an interesting bubbly to share with CJ, if she ever makes it out this way again.

bahwm

quality posts: 27 Private Messages bahwm

Smoothie update: Today I tried a totally different smoothie with some steamed kale (just ever so slightly steamed--cut up with the rib removed); 3 local peaches; 1 frozen banana; about a cup of frozen local blueberries; whatever was leftover of the plain Greek yogurt and whatever was left over of some whole milk (from a dessert recipe for Shakespeare benefit picnic--we don't drink that stuff anymore!) and a squirt of Agave nectar and 4 ice cubes. This was one really tasty smoothie! Thank you, bowtie, for your suggestion about steaming the kale.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

wkdpanda

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wkdpanda
polarbear22 wrote:Do you know what the remnants are after making pineapple infused rum? Yep. A lot of run infused pineapple. Saute with some butter and brown sugar, spoon over sweet cream ice cream from the local farm. And heaven in a bowl.

Stop that!! drool

Ok, now to go find some pineapple and cheap rum...

----------------
Andy the Wicked Panda