MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bhodilee wrote:I'll tell you who! Luigi, Luigi hates a dancing Mario! Short hairy glory hog!

Does it matter that Luigi was Travolta's understudy in Saturday Night Fever?

Does it matter that the only reason he didn't star in Dirty Dancing was because he was contractually obligated to Super Mario Brothers?

Does it matter that he received a medal of merit from the Toadstool Kingdom Royal Ballet Academy?

Does it matter that he's frequently referred to, by true connoisseurs of the art, as the 2D Mikhail Baryshnikov?

NO, NO IT DOESN'T MATTER A LICK! ALL BECAUSE OF THAT OBESE BLOCK BREAKING SCENE STEALER!

If it hadn't been for a fateful and freakishly gruesome Grand Jete it WOULD HAVE BEEN LUIGI IN THE STARRING ROLE OF SUPER MARIO BROTHERS!

rassin frassing Mario!

Plus, he always gets the Princess!!

Edit: Sparkolith!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
MarkDaSpark wrote:Edit: BTW, are they ever going to add the two tabs (Woot Plus and Gatherings) to the links at the bottom? It's a pain to have to keep scrolling back to the top to do so!

Your mention of it was the first time I ever noticed that there was a way to even get back to the World of Wine.Woot after viewing a thread without having to scroll back to the top to do so. Goes to show how much I've paid attention to that bottom section of the page....

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

InFrom wrote:I like that first one, Sparky. It's got a real, "why, I oughta..." quality that is a perfect response to the mischief done to your sig.

BTW, nice work, TT!

MarkDaSpark wrote:To the Moon, TT! To the Moon!!!

MarkDaSpark wrote:Edit: BTW, are they ever going to add the two tabs (Woot Plus and Gatherings) to the links at the bottom? It's a pain to have to keep scrolling back to the top to do so!

I turned it in as a feature request the first time you mentioned it. I think it's kind of a low priority.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
MarkDaSpark wrote:BTW, are they ever going to add the two tabs (Woot Plus and Gatherings) to the links at the bottom? It's a pain to have to keep scrolling back to the top to do so!

On my computer, there's a link that takes me directly to the top of the page. It's called, curiously enough, "Back To Top." I just click that, and it takes me directly there, without scrolling.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
ThunderThighs wrote:I turned it in as a feature request the first time you mentioned it. I think it's kind of a low priority.

I would think that's a less than five minute task. In fact, I can't fathom how it would take longer than that.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

ddeuddeg wrote:On my computer, there's a link that takes me directly to the top of the page. It's called, curiously enough, "Back To Top." I just click that, and it takes me directly there, without scrolling.

I got this exact lecture from Cheron once. Or I gave her the lecture, I don't remember which. Point is, someone lectured someone.

Also, HAK and I are in the same boat. If I've ever noticed those links I've surely never given them any heed.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
bhodilee wrote:I'll tell you who! Luigi, Luigi hates a dancing Mario! Short hairy glory hog!

Does it matter that Luigi was Travolta's understudy in Saturday Night Fever?

Does it matter that the only reason he didn't star in Dirty Dancing was because he was contractually obligated to Super Mario Brothers?

Does it matter that he received a medal of merit from the Toadstool Kingdom Royal Ballet Academy?

Does it matter that he's frequently referred to, by true connoisseurs of the art, as the 2D Mikhail Baryshnikov?

NO, NO IT DOESN'T MATTER A LICK! ALL BECAUSE OF THAT OBESE BLOCK BREAKING SCENE STEALER!

If it hadn't been for a fateful and freakishly gruesome Grand Jete it WOULD HAVE BEEN LUIGI IN THE STARRING ROLE OF SUPER MARIO BROTHERS!

rassin frassing Mario!

^^ longest post by Bowtie without any filters. By paragraphs.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:Uh huh. Good logic there. I'm going to post angry emoticons to TT if I added Mario. Methinks someone needs a rest, since they've obviously been working (and stressing) too hard on work and the upcoming nuptials.

Well, no, see cuz you could have added it, and she could have put something else in that you could have removed from the signature in the approx. 7 hours between your angry post and the time I saw it, thus rendering me incapable of seeing what she added. But I applied what I know of you...are you the kind of man who would put the poison in your own cup? I decided you probably would have kept the offending emoticon in at least for the day so all could see. After having built up an immunity to iocane powder, of course.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

bhodilee wrote:I got this exact lecture from Cheron once. Or I gave her the lecture, I don't remember which. Point is, someone lectured someone.

Also, HAK and I are in the same boat. If I've ever noticed those links I've surely never given them any heed.

Pretty sure it was me to you

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

kids have me hooked on a new game... Plague Inc..... can't believe how addictive it is!

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:Well, no, see cuz you could have added it, and she could have put something else in that you could have removed from the signature in the approx. 7 hours between your angry post and the time I saw it, thus rendering me incapable of seeing what she added. But I applied what I know of you...are you the kind of man who would put the poison in your own cup? I decided you probably would have kept the offending emoticon in at least for the day so all could see. After having built up an immunity to iocane powder, of course.

Inconceivable!! Because adding more would make you whine more about your inadequate phone. So I would never dare to add more to my sig!

Edit (8:39am): And now you have one in your sig. Did you add it, or is TT running amok?

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

cheron98 wrote:Pretty sure it was me to you

Yes, I think actually it had to do with the "home" key on a keyboard. You mentioned I could just use it and I decided that was too much work or something.

Ugh, now I have to find it

Edit: It was FOUR years ago and it was me lecturing you! Ha Ha! and then you lectured me, and then Cesare had to go and be logical and I got sent to the room o' doom

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:Yes, I think actually it had to do with the "home" key on a keyboard. You mentioned I could just use it and I decided that was too much work or something.

Edit: It was FOUR years ago and it was me lecturing you! Ha Ha! and then you lectured me, and then Cesare had to go and be logical and I got sent to the room o' doom

Actually, CJ started it, because you were responding to Cat's response to CJ. Something about scrolling back to the top/.

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

What books are people reading?

I for some reason cannot find anything that looks intriguing, so I turn to y'all to see if there is something that you have been sucked into....

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20
JOATMON wrote:What books are people reading?

I for some reason cannot find anything that looks intriguing, so I turn to y'all to see if there is something that you have been sucked into....

Nothing, I have a one year old and no desire to read after putting him down for the night. But I have a nice stack of books waiting to be read.

I'm 1/2 way through but reading very slowly "what the dog saw" by Malcolm gladwell

In the batting circle
"Steve jobs" by Walter issacson
"Reamde" by Neal Stephenson
"Not Taco Bell material" by Adam carolla
"The confusion" by Neal Stephenson
"System of the world" by Neal Stephenson

CT

MarkDaSpark

Jack Reacher series by Lee Child

King/Maxwell (Split Second / Hour Game / Simple Genius) series by David Baldacci (re-reading because now a TV Series)

Kingkiller Chronicles trilogy (ok, only 2 books written so far) by Patrick Rothfuss (IIRC, PetiteSirah posted on FB, bowtie argued that it wasn't a trilogy because the 3rd book wasn't written yet.)

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:On my computer, there's a link that takes me directly to the top of the page. It's called, curiously enough, "Back To Top." I just click that, and it takes me directly there, without scrolling.

Yes, but the reason I have to go to the top? To get to another Tab!

So if the links were there at the bottom, like they should be, I wouldn't need to go to the top to get to the Gatherings (or Woot Plus) Tabs!

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:Yes, but the reason I have to go to the top? To get to another Tab!

So if the links were there at the bottom, like they should be, I wouldn't need to go to the top to get to the Gatherings (or Woot Plus) Tabs!

OK! OK! OK! I checked to make sure I had turned in a request. If I did, it got lost. I just resubmitted the request.

Sheesh. Demanding bunch, ain't ya.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
MarkDaSpark wrote:Actually, CJ started it, because you were responding to Cat's response to CJ. Something about scrolling back to the top/.

This post has one of the all-time greatest woot filters: sucks = inhales sharply and creates suction.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

JOATMON

I've read the two released "books" in the Silo Saga: Wool and Shift, and am awaiting the third. Available almost only through Amazon Kindle; it's an interesting dystopian future that I am awaiting to see how it ends. You can download the first part of Wool (also called Wool) for free, it is what sucked me into the rest.

(as of 2011-03-02)

ThunderThighs

Staff

I saw my first WINE STORAGE place yesterday. I've heard y'all talk about storing your wines at other locations but have never seen one in the wild. It's about a mile from Woot.

FORUM MODERATOR

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
JOATMON wrote:I've read the two released "books" in the Silo Saga: Wool and Shift, and am awaiting the third. Available almost only through Amazon Kindle; it's an interesting dystopian future that I am awaiting to see how it ends. You can download the first part of Wool (also called Wool) for free, it is what sucked me into the rest.

I read those. There are 5 "books total." I'm reading "The Great War and Modern Memory" which is a cultural history of WWI. I'm also reading a shorty story collection edited by Nick Hornby. And I picked up a Sedaris collection called "When You Are Engulfed in Flames."

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Just read the latest trio by Terry Brooks - the Dark Legacy of Shanarra.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

rjquillin

quality posts: 182 Private Messages rjquillin

People actually find time to read non-technical stuff, for fun?

CT

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
kylemittskus wrote: And I picked up a Sedaris collection called "When You Are Engulfed in Flames."

That sounds cheery.

InFrom

quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom
chemvictim wrote:That sounds cheery.

And yet it's probably the most cheering of the bunch.

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta
rjquillin wrote:People actually find time to read non-technical stuff, for fun?

+1

bhodilee

Two words. Marvel Unlimited

I've been in geek heaven for two months.

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen

Like cortot, I am currently reading nothing but have a stack of books at the ready. Unlike cortot, I don't have a 1 yr. old to blame it on. I go through spurts where I'll read several books in a row then go 6 months without reading anything.

Anyway, when I get around to them;

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy - Stieg Larson
Darkly Dreaming Dexter - Jeff Lindsay
Smoke and Mirrors - Neil Gaiman
Predictably Irrational - Dan Ariely
The Tipping Point - Malcolm Gladwell
Freakonomics - Levitt & Dubner
The Zombie Survival Guide - Max Brooks
A Killer's Kiss - William Lashner
Thank You for Smoking - Christopher Buckley
Turning Angel - Greg Iles

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
chipgreen wrote:Like cortot, I am currently reading nothing but have a stack of books at the ready. Unlike cortot, I don't have a 1 yr. old to blame it on. I go through spurts where I'll read several books in a row then go 6 months without reading anything.

Anyway, when I get around to them;

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy - Stieg Larson
Darkly Dreaming Dexter - Jeff Lindsay
Smoke and Mirrors - Neil Gaiman
Predictably Irrational - Dan Ariely
The Tipping Point - Malcolm Gladwell
Freakonomics - Levitt & Dubner
The Zombie Survival Guide - Max Brooks
A Killer's Kiss - William Lashner
Thank You for Smoking - Christopher Buckley
Turning Angel - Greg Iles

Pass on Dragon Tattoo, read Gladwell's "Outliers" while you're at it, and Zombie Guide is funny.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bahwm

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm

I've been reading the Lei Crime Series by Toby Neal that takes place in Hawaii. It's an easy read with a lot of suspense, intrigue and romance. I have read four of the series and am half way through a companion book. I just got an email today that book number five has just come out--actually, while we were away and another short companion book came out yesterday! The companion books are expansion books about other characters in the series.

Since I got my Kindle last year I have been reading more than I have in a very long time. I am reading not only on my Kindle but also reading books. It sure made reading the first of the super large Harry Potter books easier--especially when trying to read it before falling asleep!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:Inconceivable!! Because adding more would make you whine more about your inadequate phone. So I would never dare to add more to my sig!

Edit (8:39am): And now you have one in your sig. Did you add it, or is TT running amok?

TT is running amok!

cheron98

bhodilee wrote:Yes, I think actually it had to do with the "home" key on a keyboard. You mentioned I could just use it and I decided that was too much work or something.

I miss those days

ThunderThighs

Staff

cheron98 wrote:TT is running amok!

I'll have you know that it took me a long time to find a good engagement one. Been looking since Sparky suggested it a few weeks ago. So you can blame him.

FORUM MODERATOR

Cesare

quality posts: 1674 Private Messages Cesare

Interesting.. this could be good I guess.
USPS eyes alcohol deliveries

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

JOATMON

Cesare wrote:Interesting.. this could be good I guess.
USPS eyes alcohol deliveries

A month or so ago the USPS notified me that they are starting a service that will allow PO Box holders to get packaged delivered by UPS, FedEx, and the like. A PO Box holder will also get a street address equivalent, and the Post Office will take delivery and make them available for you. I thought it was a good idea until I read the fine print; USPS could not accept anything from the third party shippers that they themselves couldn't ship, so no alcohol.

Thus the above announcement was interesting to me.

(as of 2011-03-02)

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith

Ahhh, good to be back home. That was one exhausting vacation! Which means it was excellent.

Got to check seeing Devils Tower off the bucket list. Made it to another state (WY), and explored the badlands (which are really badass) and the black hills. All in all, a great vacation! I would highly recommend seeing Mount Rushmore being lit up at night. Skip Crazyhorse (or take a pic from the road), since they haven't worked on it forever...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

rjquillin

JOATMON wrote:A month or so ago the USPS notified me that they are starting a service that will allow PO Box holders to get packaged delivered by UPS, FedEx, and the like. A PO Box holder will also get a street address equivalent, and the Post Office will take delivery and make them available for you. I thought it was a good idea until I read the fine print; USPS could not accept anything from the third party shippers that they themselves couldn't ship, so no alcohol.

Thus the above announcement was interesting to me.

Interesting footnote I didn't notice, but I too have been receiving some parcels at the local USPS since I've had a box for years. However, my PO doesn't have AC, so FedEx still reigns supreme for any liquid shipments, and they are open till 21:00.

CT

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
bhodilee wrote:Ugh, now I have to find it

Perhaps it's right next to the "Any" key...

JOATMON wrote:it's an interesting dystopian future that I am awaiting to see how it ends.

You can find out how it all ends here.

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

rjquillin

While we're on the shipping/receiving topic, FedEx received a UPS Lot18 shipment for me yesterday, and sent some email:

"The brown van pooped out a brown box."

I love this FedEx office location and staff.

CT