cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:It'll also be the first weekend Mom will be up there on her own. So no.



Alright, alright, alright.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

karenhynes


quality posts: 11 Private Messages karenhynes
ThunderThighs wrote:Is it bad that I'm so wiped out from today that I'm drinking the last bit of my Triacipedis straight from the bottle instead of cleaning s glass?




I approve!

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
ThunderThighs wrote:Is it bad that I'm so wiped out from today that I'm drinking the last bit of my Triacipedis straight from the bottle instead of cleaning s glass?



Just means you're one of us

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cheron98 wrote:Just means you're one of us


Yay!



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ERMD


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD
ThunderThighs wrote:Is it bad that I'm so wiped out from today that I'm drinking the last bit of my Triacipedis straight from the bottle instead of cleaning a glass?


Ummm no the bottle is made of glass.

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
ThunderThighs wrote:Is it bad that I'm so wiped out from today that I'm drinking the last bit of my Triacipedis straight from the bottle instead of cleaning a glass?



not at all!

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
loveladyelectric wrote:What's up with people posting lab rat reviews in the main forum? Did I not get the memo, or does the lab rat program not exist?



they haven't been following the rules...... hope they don't ruin it .....again....

ERMD


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD
mommadeb1 wrote:they haven't been following the rules...... hope they don't ruin it .....again....


Amen!

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

I just figured somethiing out..if you want the $10 2 day shipping, don't have something other than wine in your cart... When I ordered the TO. I had other things in my cart... 2 day shipping was going to be $20! so .... woot needs to fix that.. please!!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mommadeb1 wrote:I just figured somethiing out..if you want the $10 2 day shipping, don't have something other than wine in your cart... When I ordered the TO. I had other things in my cart... 2 day shipping was going to be $20! so .... woot needs to fix that.. please!!


Were the other items normally 1-2 day shipping? They might have had an expedited shipping option as well.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rjquillin


quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
loveladyelectric wrote:What's up with people posting lab rat reviews in the main forum? Did I not get the memo, or does the lab rat program not exist?

TT, can the mods help out a bit in the main thread if some variation of "lab rat" creeps into tasting post?
Perhaps some new filter even?

CT

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
ThunderThighs wrote:Were the other items normally 1-2 day shipping? They might have had an expedited shipping option as well.



nope .. I had the TO and some ear buds in the cart...shipping would have been $20 for 2 day..

chemvictim


quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
mommadeb1 wrote:they haven't been following the rules...... hope they don't ruin it .....again....



oh god, what are the rules?

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
chemvictim wrote:oh god, what are the rules?



You did perfectly. The first rule of wine.woot is you do not mention "lab rat" or "labrat." The second rule of wine.woot is you do not mention "lab rat" or "labrat."

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

pseudogourmet98


quality posts: 18 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

Help please. I have been recently convinced that I need another (and larger) wine cooler as i seem to be unable to drink as much as I buy. I found a Eurocave Comfort 264 for $800 on CL nearby.
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/app/3955326783.html

Any thoughts?

cortot20


quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20
rjquillin wrote:TT, can the mods help out a bit in the main thread if some variation of "lab rat" creeps into tasting post?
Perhaps some new filter even?



When I see it I give a corrective response. However I usually see them too late in the day to matter. So you folks who don't sit all day in front of a computer that's on a server that blocks wine.woot can take the lead on this.

CT

edthebedhead


quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
pseudogourmet98 wrote:Help please. I have been recently convinced that I need another (and larger) wine cooler as i seem to be unable to drink as much as I buy. I found a Eurocave Comfort 264 for $800 on CL nearby.
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/app/3955326783.html

Any thoughts?



"What matters is does it work" (2:49)


North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
pseudogourmet98 wrote:Help please. I have been recently convinced that I need another (and larger) wine cooler as i seem to be unable to drink as much as I buy. I found a Eurocave Comfort 264 for $800 on CL nearby.
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/app/3955326783.html

Any thoughts?



As someone else mentioned, the most important thing is that it works.

I actually have a very similar unit. Not sure of the model number but it looks nearly identical except the door on mine is glass.

I love it and have had no real problems with it in the year I have had it in use, but here is the deal...

The shelves make it a PITA to get to wines that aren't right on top. On mine, one of the shelves actually slides in and out, so I put my "most likely to drink now" wines there to make it easier access.

I also only paid $200 for my unit (got really lucky and got it from someone who knew nothing about wine or wine storage). I think mine is a little older than that one, but I personally think $800 is a little steep for a unit that size that is already 5 years old, but that's just me.

Also, just so you have an idea, if you purely stack in the standard pyramid that those shelves are made for, you will get about 150 or so bottles in there. Longer bottle necks and varying widths can make this tricky as well. I managed to fit between 180-190 bottles in mine, but that is with less than ideal stacking on the sides of the pyramids. That also includes a decent amount of small format and dessert wine bottles.

If you do by this, don't even think about buying the carbon filters online, just refill it yourself.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
cortot20 wrote:When I see it I give a corrective response. However I usually see them too late in the day to matter. So you folks who don't sit all day in front of a computer that's on a server that blocks wine.woot can take the lead on this.



I don't really agree with correcting in the thread, as that just draws more attention to it and leads other people to ask more questions.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

otolith


quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Yawn!

I hate when clinic starts so slow, then you end up behind...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
otolith wrote:Yawn!

I hate when clinic starts so slow, then you end up behind...



bummer

otolith


quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
mommadeb1 wrote:bummer



One of these years I'll just accept it...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

rjquillin wrote:TT, can the mods help out a bit in the main thread if some variation of "lab rat" creeps into tasting post?
Perhaps some new filter even?

I chatted with WD about this yesterday. His concern is that it would draw more attention to it if we edited it out. I agree. Filters are an option but every one refers to it different: lab rat, rattage, labrat, etc.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mommadeb1 wrote:nope .. I had the TO and some ear buds in the cart...shipping would have been $20 for 2 day..

I can't get it to come up to $20. Did you order 2 of the wine offer? The 2-day charge is $10 per item.

I'd like to recreate it.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
ThunderThighs wrote:I chatted with WD about this yesterday. His concern is that it would draw more attention to it if we edited it out. I agree. Filters are an option but every one refers to it different: lab rat, rattage, labrat, etc.



you filter Mentos in all it's lovely forms, why not filter just rat wherever it occurs? Problematic with the word rate I guess.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

rjquillin


quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
ThunderThighs wrote:I chatted with WD about this yesterday. His concern is that it would draw more attention to it if we edited it out. I agree. Filters are an option but every one refers to it different: lab rat, rattage, labrat, etc.

Just a thought... Good to hear you had the chat tho. Perhaps now when the wineries, or whoever, ships a note can be included, or at least the recipients made aware of any expectations.

CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ThunderThighs wrote:I can't get it to come up to $20. Did you order 2 of the wine offer? The 2-day charge is $10 per item.

I'd like to recreate it.



I think she had the wine and ear buds (Item #2) in the cart. I think I tried it before (when they first rolled it out), and the 2 day shipping seems to roll over to any items you have in your cart at the time.

Edit: And it does seem greedy when you order 2 of the same wine for it to count them as 2 separate items when they ship in the same box to us.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
MarkDaSpark wrote:Edit: And it does seem greedy when you order 2 of the same wine for it to count them as 2 separate items when they ship in the same box to us.



It also seems greedy when Fed Ex charges more for 2-day shipping when the box is bigger and heavier (1 order v. 2), but that's the cost of doing business.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

This may be worse than VDDD: A water sommelier.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin


quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:This may be worse than VDDD: A water sommelier.

In case it's not clear, Riese is crazy about H20.
And what, exactly, is H-twenty?
LA Times, journalism at it's best...

CT

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
rjquillin wrote:In case it's not clear, Riese is crazy about H20.
And what, exactly, is H-twenty?
LA Times, journalism at it's best...



Oh, you chemistry pedants, you're all the same.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
ThunderThighs wrote:I can't get it to come up to $20. Did you order 2 of the wine offer? The 2-day charge is $10 per item.

I'd like to recreate it.



nope one TO and one earbud I'll message you the order # if you want me to.. could be a fluke thing? Strange things happen to me like that...

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:I think she had the wine and ear buds (Item #2) in the cart. I think I tried it before (when they first rolled it out), and the 2 day shipping seems to roll over to any items you have in your cart at the time.

Edit: And it does seem greedy when you order 2 of the same wine for it to count them as 2 separate items when they ship in the same box to us.


I can't recreate it. I tried earbuds before and after the wine. It goes from 7 (standard) to $15 (2-day).

mommadeb1 wrote:nope one TO and one earbud I'll message you the order # if you want me to.. could be a fluke thing? Strange things happen to me like that...


I see the TO order. If you can recreate it again, tell me the steps.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:I think she had the wine and ear buds (Item #2) in the cart. I think I tried it before (when they first rolled it out), and the 2 day shipping seems to roll over to any items you have in your cart at the time.

Edit: And it does seem greedy when you order 2 of the same wine for it to count them as 2 separate items when they ship in the same box to us.



I think your correct.. the 2 day shipping rolls to all items in cart, instead of just applying to the wine...

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
ThunderThighs wrote:I see the TO order. If you can recreate it again, tell me the steps.



I just put the TO and then the earbuds in the cart. When I went to check out, I clicked on 2 day shipping which came up with the $20 shipping. I just did reg. shipping as I didn't want to pay$that much for shipping....

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mommadeb1 wrote:I just put the TO and then the earbuds in the cart. When I went to check out, I clicked on 2 day shipping which came up with the $20 shipping. I just did reg. shipping as I didn't want to pay$that much for shipping....

Weird. I've tried multiple times to recreate it.

It was
$7 standard for both
$15 with 2-day for wine, standard for buds
$19 with 2-day for both

I could change back and forth from one to another. Today's wine is the same price as the TO you ordered.

Let me know if you come across this again so I can see if I can reproduce it.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
ThunderThighs wrote:Weird. I've tried multiple times to recreate it.

It was
$7 standard for both
$15 with 2-day for wine, standard for buds
$19 with 2-day for both

I could change back and forth from one to another. Today's wine is the same price as the TO you ordered.

Let me know if you come across this again so I can see if I can reproduce it.



Thanks for checking!!
I guess I wasn't figuring in double shipping cost 1 for the wine and 1 for the buds....who knows... all I know is I'm waiting for Mr. Mommadeb to bring home the TO that was delivered today!!!

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
North316 wrote:It also seems greedy when Fed Ex charges more for 2-day shipping when the box is bigger and heavier (1 order v. 2), but that's the cost of doing business.



Except when we pay $5 shipping for up to 3 orders!


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

New solution? PMs to those who don't know the rules about the magic bottles? Worked with emccarl.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
kylemittskus wrote:New solution? PMs to those who don't know the rules about the magic bottles? Worked with emccarl.



Why, Kyle, that's so very reasonable and diplomatic! So...unlike you

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"