cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
davidironhorse wrote:David Munksgard, Iron Horse winemaker here:
Well, the view is stunning. Glass of wine in hand just completes it.
If you have not been here-----

Several of us were there during the tours from last summer (during which HitAnyKey42 proposed to me). Our official engagement photo was taken at the stunning grounds on Iron Horse by the multi-talented bahwm. She captured a shot of a simple glass of Brut Rose glowing in the setting sunlight overlooking the vineyards that is just stunning. I'm planning on having that turned into a canvas print

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

moondigger wrote:Apologies in advance for sidetracking...

My family and I will be in the area in a few weeks. We'll be visiting a few wineries, picked primarily because they offer something interesting for non-drinkers (my teenage children) to see or do while my wife and I taste wines.

Iron Horse isn't on our to-do list, because from what I can tell, it would hold little interest for non-drinkers.

I'd be very happy if you told me I was wrong.

The gardens are stunning

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
InFrom wrote:How nice of Woot to pop some bubbly on the very day of our wedding! (Oh yes we did! NYC Marriage Clerk, 9:30 am.) Very tempting...

Congrats!!!

abechstein

quality posts: 1 Private Messages abechstein

My first wine.woot! I've managed to talk myself out of a lot of offerings, but I just couldn't pass this up. Now, the waiting for its arrival...

joyironhorse

quality posts: 48 Private Messages joyironhorse
InFrom wrote:How nice of Woot to pop some bubbly on the very day of our wedding! (Oh yes we did! NYC Marriage Clerk, 9:30 am.) Very tempting...

Congratulations! Wishing you all the happiness in the world!

joyironhorse

quality posts: 48 Private Messages joyironhorse
moondigger wrote:Apologies in advance for sidetracking...

My family and I will be in the area in a few weeks. We'll be visiting a few wineries, picked primarily because they offer something interesting for non-drinkers (my teenage children) to see or do while my wife and I taste wines.

Iron Horse isn't on our to-do list, because from what I can tell, it would hold little interest for non-drinkers.

I'd be very happy if you told me I was wrong.

I'd love to show you this beautiful place I am lucky enough to call home!

bahwm

quality posts: 24 Private Messages bahwm
cheron98 wrote:Several of us were there during the tours from last summer (during which HitAnyKey42 proposed to me). Our official engagement photo was taken at the stunning grounds on Iron Horse by the multi-talented bahwm. She captured a shot of a simple glass of Brut Rose glowing in the setting sunlight overlooking the vineyards that is just stunning. I'm planning on having that turned into a canvas print

Awwwww, cheron98! I had no idea! Thank you so much for your glowing review! I'm glad you like it!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

ok, I need someone to help me decide....I LOVE the IH Fairy Tale Cuvee at Disney.... How does this compare?

rpm

quality posts: 163 Private Messages rpm

Peeps! This has not sold out yet. I know Joy makes sure there is plenty for wooters, but c'mon.

You need good summer bubbles! This be they!

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

cortot20

quality posts: 111 Private Messages cortot20
rpm wrote:Peeps! This has not sold out yet. I know Joy makes sure there is plenty for wooters, but c'mon.

This be expensive. Some of us drink a $50 bottle of wine no more than once or twice a year. So I'm not surprised it hasn't sold out.

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 23 Private Messages ddeuddeg
rpm wrote:Peeps! This has not sold out yet. I know Joy makes sure there is plenty for wooters, but c'mon.

Yeah, and we're down to our last 4 cases of IH bubbly. Didn't stop me from jumping on this one.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
cortot20 wrote:This be expensive. Some of us drink a $50 bottle of wine no more than once or twice a year.

+1.

I'll add: This is a $50 bottle of bubbly. I can't open it and have a glass or two on Friday and expect it to still be drinkable on Saturday. That limits me to opening it only on special occasions, though admittedly that's when I'm more likely to open an expensive bottle in the first place.

Of course, this is also a $50 bottle that I haven't sampled before. I admit that everything I've read about it puts it exactly in the middle of my wheelhouse -- Blanc de Noirs, Brut on the edge of Extra Brut, winery and winemaker highly regarded by people I have learned to trust.

I have been struggling most of the day not to click the big yellow button.

Given that I'll probably be out there at the winery at the end of this month, what are the chances they'll still have some then for me to try/buy?

bahwm

Congrats!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

moondigger wrote:+1.

I'll add: This is a $50 bottle of bubbly. I can't open it and have a glass or two on Friday and expect it to still be drinkable on Saturday. That limits me to opening it only on special occasions, though admittedly that's when I'm more likely to open an expensive bottle in the first place.

Of course, this is also a $50 bottle that I haven't sampled before. I admit that everything I've read about it puts it exactly in the middle of my wheelhouse -- Blanc de Noirs, Brut on the edge of Extra Brut, winery and winemaker highly regarded by people I have learned to trust.

Given that I'll probably be out there at the winery at the end of this month, what are the chances they'll still have some then for me to try/buy?

Remember: Resistance is futile! Seriously. If they still have some at the end of the month, it will not be at this price. This is a better price than what was offered to wine club members a few weeks ago. Go for it! Make an ordinary occasion special. Yes, enabler am I

cheron98

abechstein wrote:My first wine.woot! I've managed to talk myself out of a lot of offerings, but I just couldn't pass this up. Now, the waiting for its arrival...

Congrats and welcome to the slow takeover of your house by wine boxes. Just sign the credit card over to WineDavid39 now

cheron98

It may be there, but not at this price...

cheron98

bahwm wrote: Make an ordinary occasion special. Yes, enabler am I

"Bubbly? What's the occasion?"

"I'm opening a bottle of Iron Horse."

"Cheers to opening a bottle of Iron Horse!"

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 28 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
bahwm wrote:Remember: Resistance is futile! Seriously. If they still have some at the end of the month, it will not be at this price. This is a better price than what was offered to wine club members a few weeks ago. Go for it! Make an ordinary occasion special. Yes, enabler am I

I was just about to say something very similar to this, quoting something I've read on these forums many a time....

You don't need to have a special occasion to drink a good bottle of bubbly (or any wine for that matter)....opening the good bottle of bubbly creates the special occasion.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

cheron98

HitAnyKey42 wrote:I was just about to say something very similar to this, quoting something I've read on these forums many a time....

You don't need to have a special occasion to drink a good bottle of bubbly (or any wine for that matter)....opening the good bottle of bubbly creates the special occasion.

Why yes, folks, we posted this at the same time from the same room without having spoken a word to each other. Is it any wonder why I am marrying him?

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:Why yes, folks, we posted this at the same time from the same room without having spoken a word to each other. Is it any wonder why I am marrying him?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 28 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
ddeuddeg wrote:from ddeuddeg's signature:

Look, there it is! THAT'S where it has been ingrained in our brains from!

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

ddeuddeg

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Look, there it is! THAT'S where it has been ingrained in our brains from!

Just trying to be helpful.

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
joyironhorse wrote:I'd love to show you this beautiful place I am lucky enough to call home!

Your enthusiasm is evident, and I appreciate the invitation. I've sent you a PM.

Thanks --

rjquillin

quality posts: 153 Private Messages rjquillin
ddeuddeg wrote:Yeah, and we're down to our last 4 cases of IH bubbly. Didn't stop me from jumping on this one.

Four CASES!?
At least you hoard the good stuff.

CT

mommadeb1

I think I will regret this....but I really can't justify my wanting this with all we have going on this summer.....makes me a sad Wooter...

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
rpm wrote:Congratulations! Now, you (and your new spouse) need to make the next NYC tasting.... whenever that is....

mommadeb1 wrote:Congrats!!!

bahwm wrote:Congrats!

joyironhorse wrote:Congratulations! Wishing you all the happiness in the world!

Thanks all! It's still sinking in.

bahwm

InFrom wrote:Thanks all! It's still sinking in.

It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it? There's something decidedly different after you've tied the knot, even though you've been together for a good long time. Enjoy letting it sink in!

cortot20

quality posts: 111 Private Messages cortot20

They have sealing tops for bottles that will hold pressure. Place it in the opening and spin and it grips and seals. Works quite well for sparkling wines that you don't finish.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 114 Private Messages klezman

I bit, but I should have been last wooter! Sigh. Oh well...next time. Now the siwbm is back on for realz.

2014: 17 bottles. Last wine.woot: Wellington Victory x3 & Fjellene Walla Walla Reds
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

sdfreedive

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sdfreedive
klezman wrote:I bit, but I should have been last wooter! Sigh. Oh well...next time. Now the siwbm is back on for realz.

I had to pull the trigger and I just got in under the gun!

bookwyrmles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bookwyrmles

That makes the second time I've missed Iron Horse offerings because I was stuck in planes and airports all day and forgot to check woot

Must be a sign that its time to take a much shorter trip and go visit the vineyard! I'm down to just a couple bottles and one of those we're saving for our 10th anniversary (its leftover from the wedding).