North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bhodilee wrote:Let me know, my daughter is a reading machine!

Have her read a book about Biodynamics. She likes fantasy-fiction, right?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

doodle1227

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doodle1227

So no love for Tennessee on this one? I don't see us on the buzz-killing legislative list...

kylemittskus

quality posts: 224 Private Messages kylemittskus
doodle1227 wrote:So no love for Tennessee on this one? I don't see us on the buzz-killing legislative list...

Aside from the buzz-killing, there are permits and filing fees which can be prohibitively costly, especially if the winery doesn't think they'll sell that much wine in the state, let alone make that much money.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

doodle1227

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doodle1227
kylemittskus wrote:Aside from the buzz-killing, there are permits and filing fees which can be prohibitively costly, especially if the winery doesn't think they'll sell that much wine in the state, let alone make that much money.

Understood...heavy sigh

trifecta

quality posts: 65 Private Messages trifecta
klezman wrote:I may also take you up on that if I like what I taste with this offering. We've got lots of wine to trade

I know I have some, but some still isn't bottled. Not sure if it will be by the time the wootception rolls around. I can ping the winery to find out though.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 224 Private Messages kylemittskus
doodle1227 wrote:Understood...heavy sigh

Yay free market!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Dammit! Came here for the "continuation" of yesterday (sorry, can't help but watch a slow train wreck sometimes, and apparently I don't have enough drama in my life that I have to fill it somewhere), and I ended up buying. I heart RRV Pinot, and this seems right up my alley as I patiently wait on the Rochioli list.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

klezman

quality posts: 113 Private Messages klezman
trifecta wrote:I know I have some, but some still isn't bottled. Not sure if it will be by the time the wootception rolls around. I can ping the winery to find out though.

Oh, no worries on rushing them along. No wine bottled before its time, and that one needed a lot of time to settle down. I was also including in my "lots of bottles" a bunch of stuff for other Bay Area folks.

2014: 17 bottles. Last wine.woot: Wellington Vitory x3 & Fjellene Walla Walla Reds
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

otolith

If the winemaker (or anyone) is still around, is it best to store these bottles upright, or is it ok to store screwcaps on their sides?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

lucasmeeker

quality posts: 81 Private Messages lucasmeeker
otolith wrote:If the winemaker (or anyone) is still around, is it best to store these bottles upright, or is it ok to store screwcaps on their sides?

Totally fine to store sideways or upright. Preferably not upside down, as the only way you can mess up a screwcap is by heavily jarring the too surface of the cap. So don't drop it neck down into a case or casually drop something into the top.

Lucas Meeker
The Meeker Vineyard
www.meekerwine.com
@meekerwine

Question? Just ask!

otolith

lucasmeeker wrote:Totally fine to store sideways or upright. Preferably not upside down, as the only way you can mess up a screwcap is by heavily jarring the too surface of the cap. So don't drop it neck down into a case or casually drop something into the top.

Thanks for the info! Was worried about how I was going to store more and more screw caps in the cellar. Glad to know on the side is ok.

Also, thanks for the participation today. Definitely one of the reasons why I purchased your offer.

--John Muir

greyday

quality posts: 45 Private Messages greyday
lucasmeeker wrote:Ah yes, I have those with fly fishing stuff. Gotta have more stuff.

Oh, I never feel bad about buying wine, just that I had promised myself I'd slow down a bit...

Though the only mistake I've ever made ordering your wines is ordering too little. Speaking of which, are you doing a grenache this year?

rjquillin

quality posts: 152 Private Messages rjquillin
bhodilee wrote:I have Brenn guilty of not paying attention and using a foil cutter to cut the top off a screw cap. At that point I was embarrassed and committed to finishing the bottle. So I lost won.

Worst part was it was a rat bottle, when such things existed.

I did nearly the same win a bott e of Meiomi PN, it was quite ugly.

CT

lucasmeeker

greyday wrote:Oh, I never feel bad about buying wine, just that I had promised myself I'd slow down a bit...

Though the only mistake I've ever made ordering your wines is ordering too little. Speaking of which, are you doing a grenache this year?

Not sure we'll be releasing a Grenache, but we do have a long term vineyard source locked up for Grenache going forward. Next one might be out in 2014.

Lucas Meeker
The Meeker Vineyard
www.meekerwine.com
@meekerwine

Question? Just ask!

lucasmeeker

otolith wrote:Thanks for the info! Was worried about how I was going to store more and more screw caps in the cellar. Glad to know on the side is ok.

Also, thanks for the participation today. Definitely one of the reasons why I purchased your offer.

No sweat, always happy to answer questions.

Thanks to everybody who bought today, it's very much appreciated and I think you'll love the wine.

Lucas Meeker
The Meeker Vineyard
www.meekerwine.com
@meekerwine

Question? Just ask!

mother

quality posts: 14 Private Messages mother

So, a question I wish I didn't have to ask.

What's everyone's opinion on bottles that arrived and read 93.8 F when I held the tip of a Thermopen to the bottle? (Likely means it was a few degrees hotter)

Screw top = no idea if it's cooked or not, and since it's PN I'd normally give it AT LEAST a week to avoid travel shock.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 168 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mother wrote:So, a question I wish I didn't have to ask.

What's everyone's opinion on bottles that arrived and read 93.8 F when I held the tip of a Thermopen to the bottle? (Likely means it was a few degrees hotter)

Screw top = no idea if it's cooked or not, and since it's PN I'd normally give it AT LEAST a week to avoid travel shock.

Ouch.

I'd wait the one or two weeks, then open one and see how it is. If it's bad, let WW Service know about it. You've posted in here about it, so that should count if you have to have them replace it.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

guzmantis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages guzmantis

Any east coasters get their shipment yet?

rld513

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rld513

Hi,

I received my shipment today (Cincinnati) and found one of the bottles to be leaking. Should I be concerned?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 138 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

rld513 wrote:Hi,

I received my shipment today (Cincinnati) and found one of the bottles to be leaking. Should I be concerned?

If you received a damaged order, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com
and let them know.
They'll be more than happy to answer any questions or concerns you might have about your order.

ORDER CANCELLATION: now within 15 mins, click here for more details...
Need Some Help? Hit us up at support@woot.com
Have Any Questions? Check out Woot FAQ
Wanna Hear What's Going on All Things Woot? Swing by Our Blog