mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
pseudogourmet98 wrote:Gainesville, FL. Let me know if you'll be in the home of The Swamp!

We are "practically" neighbors!

I'm west coast central

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bhodilee wrote:Went looking at Office Furniture with my boss the other day. I got to go because we went to my other job and it only makes sense I go since I know how the place works. We're driving over to the warehouse and the boss is like, I really want a smoker, I tell him hey, we sell those here at my alternate job that I keep cause you don't pay me enough, since we're here, lets look at em. We buzz through and look at Traegers (cause we sell those and Kamado Joe's [bowtie really really wants a Kamado Joe]). Today, he comes over and says, yeah, I really think I'm gonna buy one, is your alternate place of employment the cheapest. Yes, yes it is.

Moral of the story, whenever you think you want something, but you don't have $1000 bucks to randomly drop on it to see if you want it, you convince someone who does have a $1000 random dollars to buy it, then you get to try it. I guarantee I'll be manning that bad boy at the company summer party!

Nice!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
North316 wrote:ddeuddeg is probably already booking his flight.

Florida? Probably not. Other than certain wooters, there's nothing there that attracts me. Sorry, Floridians.
Hopefully, pseudo will find a good opportunity to join us somewhere, and we can show off some serious w.w hospitality. Who knows, there could be another rpm tour next summer. It's an even year.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
bhodilee wrote:
Hardwood, Engineered wood or Laminate for the kitchen/dining room?

Laminate is really not appropriate for "wet" areas, when the water gets at the unfinished edges (read if it gets wet / you wet mop it) they will pucker and eventually stop unpuckering. The cheaper the laminate the more this is the case.

I'd totally do hardwood if its a small area or engineered flooring. I really want to try cork in a kitchen some day personally...

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom

MarkDaSpark

Happy Flag Day!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
ddeuddeg wrote:Florida? Probably not. Other than certain wooters, there's nothing there that attracts me. Sorry, Floridians.
Hopefully, pseudo will find a good opportunity to join us somewhere, and we can show off some serious w.w hospitality. Who knows, there could be another rpm tour next summer. It's an even year.

Well there is this nice little WootCeption in August that she could always come out to California and meet fellow wooters at.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

ddeuddeg

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Well there is this nice little WootCeption in August that she could always come out to California and meet fellow wooters at.

Absolutely! A wonderful idea.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 17 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
mommadeb1 wrote:We are "practically" neighbors!

I'm west coast central

Yes we are. I get down to Tampa occasionally. Maybe we could share some wine.

pseudogourmet98

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Well there is this nice little WootCeption in August that she could always come out to California and meet fellow wooters at.

Thanks for the invite and I would love to join the celebration but our students start back that week (school) and I can't take time off.

And Congratulations!

pseudogourmet98

ddeuddeg wrote:Florida? Probably not. Other than certain wooters, there's nothing there that attracts me. Sorry, Floridians.

No offense taken.

That sounds like something I might be interested in. We haven't been to CA in years. Last time did wineries in Paso Robles as we have family on the coast in Morro Bay.

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk

Someone please pick out a PS from my cellar that would be good to drink
tonight. I only have an hour or so for a decant, so it can't be too young.

Do we think the 2000 KR is out of it's dumb phase yet?

thanks, and I'll be back in an hour to see what y'all came up with.

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:Someone please pick out a PS from my cellar that would be good to drink

With or without food?

Maybe your 2006 C.G. di Arie Petite Sirah Estate Grown.

Or your 2006 Lucas & Lewellen Petite Sirah Los Alamos Vineyard Santa Barbara County

Or your 2005 Peltier Station Petite Sirah

Or your 2009 Red Zeppelin Petite Sirah Black Zeppelin

Possibly your 2007 Epiphany Petite Sirah.

I'd hate to break up your others, since they are a nice vertical set (Quixote, Foppiano, etc.).

I think I'd give the 2000 KR til 2015.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
joelsisk wrote:Someone please pick out a PS from my cellar that would be good to drink

If you have 90s foppianos from the tour, drink them they are tasty if the bottle is good and really how likely are you to open a vertical all at once?

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

joelsisk

MarkDaSpark wrote:With or without food?

Maybe your 2006 C.G. di Arie Petite Sirah Estate Grown.

Or your 2006 Lucas & Lewellen Petite Sirah Los Alamos Vineyard Santa Barbara County

Or your 2005 Peltier Station Petite Sirah

Or your 2009 Red Zeppelin Petite Sirah Black Zeppelin

Possibly your 2007 Epiphany Petite Sirah.

I'd hate to break up your others, since they are a nice vertical set (Quixote, Foppiano, etc.).

I think I'd give the 2000 KR til 2015.

gee, thanks for narrowing it down.

with dinner.

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:gee, thanks for narrowing it down.

with dinner.

5 out of 40 bottles? What do you want, egg with your beer?

I think the Stillman or the Epiphany.

Edit: Maybe the CG ...

MarkDaSpark

Update on Summer Shipping. New 2-day option for $10!

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
MarkDaSpark wrote:Update on Summer Shipping. New 2-day option for $10!

I'm a fan of the 2 day option for the really hot months that are coming!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

joelsisk

MarkDaSpark wrote:5 out of 40 bottles? What do you want, egg with your beer?

I think the Stillman or the Epiphany.

Edit: Maybe the CG ...

40 bottles in 21 wines. and if you remove the verticals, that was 5 out of 10.

Went with the Peltier Station.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
tytiger58 wrote:I'm a fan of the 2 day option for the really hot months that are coming!

I always get one-day shipping due to my location. Summer shipping means for me that I pay two dollars more per order. My situation is the exception as opposed to the rule so I don't mind much.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
joelsisk wrote:40 bottles in 21 wines. and if you remove the verticals, that was 5 out of 10.

How's that doing? I have ten of those left

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

So much for my night. Thunder storms forecast all night. My kids don't do storms very well.

My daughter just followed my wife in the bathroom and said. I wanna be by a grownup. Yay

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

joelsisk

bhodilee wrote:How's that doing? I have ten of those left

Even with a stomach ache thing happening, it was decent.

Oh, and hi guys! It's MichelleShari, just... not bothering to log out of Joel's account.

ddeuddeg

pseudogourmet98 wrote:That sounds like something I might be interested in. We haven't been to CA in years. Last time did wineries in Paso Robles as we have family on the coast in Morro Bay.

Morro Bay! We love Morro Bay. Spent a few nights at the Masterpiece Hotel a few years ago, on the way from LA to SF. Wouldn't mind going back for another visit some time.

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:40 bottles in 21 wines. and if you remove the verticals, that was 5 out of 10.

That was my old favorite, and I liked it without food. And I was hoping you'd still have it when I make it back to Denver. Which is why I didn't list it!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
ddeuddeg wrote:Hopefully, pseudo will find a good opportunity to join us somewhere, and we can show off some serious w.w hospitality.

Ahem.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

yup, i should read ahead...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:yup, i should read ahead...

Why start now??

It's not like any of us do that (read ahead) anymore.

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
cheron98 wrote:Ahem.

And to add to this, I just checked the Southwest rates and they are back down again--at least from our neck of the woods. Check out the rates and come to the wootception!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

joelsisk

MarkDaSpark wrote:

That was my old favorite, and I liked it without food. And I was hoping you'd still have it when I make it back to Denver. Which is why I didn't list it!

I still have 2 left! was quite tasty.

klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman
tytiger58 wrote:I'm a fan of the 2 day option for the really hot months that are coming!

Yeah, but being a 2 day ship regardless it's worth nothing to us.

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mommadeb1

pseudogourmet98 wrote:Thanks for the invite and I would love to join the celebration but our students start back that week (school) and I can't take time off.

And Congratulations!

I'm taking time off for this Momentous event!!

pseudogourmet98

mommadeb1 wrote:I'm taking time off for this Momentous event!!

Wish I could but in my position it would not be possible within the first few weeks of school.

mommadeb1

I should get a medal for mom of the year!!!! Daughter and friends made a major screw up in communication between her and her friends and a road trip to miami for a concert...of which I was NOT going to be going... I wanted NOTHING to do with it.... long story short, I ended up driving them down and going to the concert... but on a happy note, we made it to South beach and had lunch..... fun was had by all!! yea me

mommadeb1

pseudogourmet98 wrote:Wish I could but in my position it would not be possible within the first few weeks of school.

maybe you have "wootception fever" and unable to attend school that Friday?

MarkDaSpark

Happy Father's Day!!!

Whether Grilling, Chilling, or Vegging out ... Happy Father's Day!!!

mommadeb1

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!!

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

Is there anyone who can wootleg for me from FineWineAndGoodSpirits in Pennsylvania?

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

pseudogourmet98

Given the variety and volume of Internet wine purchases I read about in these threads, I assume many of you are familiar with cheapskate Wednesday at WTSO. Any thoughts/tips/advice based on your experiences would be appreciated by this somewhat novice web wine purchaser.

[edit] should I have posted this in the "deals on other wines..." thread?

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
pseudogourmet98 wrote:Given the variety and volume of Internet wine purchases I read about in these threads, I assume many of you are familiar with cheapskate Wednesday at WTSO. Any thoughts/tips/advice based on your experiences would be appreciated by this somewhat novice web wine purchaser.

[edit] should I have posted this in the "deals on other wines..." thread?

That would have been good, but,

Move fast and know what you want and budget. These have been known to be costly to some.

CT