HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
MarkDaSpark wrote:Whew! Copied it just in time!

What was it? I missed it.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
ThunderThighs wrote:WE GAVE YOU A GATHERINGS TAB!!!! What more do you want from us?!?!?!

Well, since you asked...
Good time stamps and a way to search "stuff you bought"

GATHERINGS is very nice, but we are a beast to be sated.

tnx

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
North316 wrote:Business sense dictates that their priority would be to please the customers who have made enough purchases that they actually need a search function to sort through them....

ZING!

CT

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit
kylemittskus wrote:Please check in at the new So Cal thread.

You mean check in for the gathering or check in to see if anyone there wants to sell me a couple bottles of this one? (or both)

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
HitAnyKey42 wrote: The Monkey made me happy.

All in all, I’m very glad I chased down that Monkey and that he said “F-2!” to me, and that I can share this story with you. And maybe one day, will be able to say “F-2!” to you, too.

I LOVED your post!!!!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
time2testit wrote:You mean check in for the gathering or check in to see if anyone there wants to sell me a couple bottles of this one? (or both)

For the gathering. But, of course, see if anyone has a bottle or two extra. I'm sure Sparky will have some extra.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

janisandjohn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janisandjohn

I think that is a mistake. I doubt very much if it cost more than 1000 dollars for 6. I think they added an extra 0 by mistake

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cetolleson wrote:Ships in 3 to 5 days means it will be packed, processed, and physically leave the warehouse within 3 to 5 days. From that point, expect 2 to 3 weeks for the shipping company to deliver the wine. Hope that helps!

Actually, it's usually longer than that to pack, process, and leave the warehouse. Shipping usually is less than a week, once they get it at the WW warehouse.

So allow a week (sometimes more, depending on where it's coming from) for them to receive it, then a week to pack, process, and ship. They try to ship so our wine doesn't sit in a warehouse over a weekend, but also depends on the weather (high heat usually means a delay in shipping).

Speaking of heat, when is Summer Shipping to start?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:For the gathering. But, of course, see if anyone has a bottle or two extra. I'm sure Sparky will have some extra.

List price for you!!!!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

daxe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daxe

Can anyone comment as to the original price of the wine? Is this really as good a deal as it seems?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
daxe wrote:Can anyone comment as to the original price of the wine? Is this really as good a deal as it seems?

No. There's an extra 0.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cortot20

quality posts: 140 Private Messages cortot20
daxe wrote:Can anyone comment as to the original price of the wine? Is this really as good a deal as it seems?

The listed price is a joke. The original price is $59.99 since its the only place it will be offered ever.

CT

mommadeb1

should I push the big yellow button? I liked last years..... hmmm

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

My SO is not a fan of sweet wines. Any chance I can snag one bottle from someone in the SF bay area?

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
janisandjohn wrote:I think that is a mistake. I doubt very much if it cost more than 1000 dollars for 6. I think they added an extra 0 by mistake

at least 5 to 10 folks pointed this out, why hasn't the woot gods fixed it?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

fredrinaldi wrote:at least 5 to 10 folks pointed this out, why hasn't the woot gods fixed it?

No idea. I also brought up earlier that the shipping seems incorrect as well (are we really shipping 3-5 business days? that doesn't seem correct)

I'm still investigating and will forward on/post when I find info.

blakewoot

quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot

Tasting note from day 2, after sitting in the fridge with a cork in it for 24 hours: Very pale lemon yellow in the glass. Subtle flowers and minerals with just a hint of fruit on the nose, which doesn't give away the sweetness to come. Citrus, pineapple, mango, honey on the palate. Quite sweet, but rescued from cloyingness by a nice bite of acid and a hint of fizz. Just enough complexity to make it interesting. Medium+ finish which favors the flowers and minerals rather than the sweetness. Nice accompaniment to a spicy jambalaya.

I don't generally drink sweet white wines, except for an occasional desert wine - and indeed, one of my dinner guests said the only way he would drink this was with dessert. I also had a German woman at the dinner table who knows Riesling well and was surprised to find that this was a Riesling after tasting it blind. She didn't care for it. Me, I rather liked it, although it doesn't seem like a typical Riesling to me either.

I won't be buying more of this myself, but I'm very glad to have tried it, and if semi-sweet whites are your cup of tea, this is a nice wine with solid QPR.

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman

What is the deal with that "list price?!" Why? Why? Why? Someone please explain. It's not funny. It's annoying.

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:should I push the big yellow button? I liked last years..... hmmm

This is the Wine you want ....

MarkDaSpark

mdnorman wrote:What is the deal with that "list price?!" Why? Why? Why? Someone please explain. It's not funny. It's annoying.

Partly because you won't find this wine anywhere else, and IMO, partly due to all the complaints about List Prices in general.

And it actually is pretty funny.

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote: This is the Wine you want ....

yesss... I want to push the big button...I was hypnotized by sparky Hee heee...
so I did it, I pushed the big yellow button... how could I not, with such a great savings of of retail!! (oh.... I am sooo funny tonight!)

dalematthew

quality posts: 22 Private Messages dalematthew
mdnorman wrote:What is the deal with that "list price?!" Why? Why? Why? Someone please explain. It's not funny. It's annoying.

It's like a throwback jersey - slightly strange but a reminder of the good old days (of Woot style humor in this case)

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen
dalematthew wrote:It's like a throwback jersey - slightly strange but a reminder of the good old days (of Woot style humor in this case)

Yeah, but back in the good old days of wine.woot that list price would not have been a penny over $999. &$#@%^ inflation!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

parrotice wrote:So... how long does this take to get to it's destination? The order page says it ships in 3 to 5 days, but the FAQ page says you'll recieve in 2-3 weeks. Does it take that long to ship?

I'm visiting a friend in New Jersey on 5/31, so I figure I'll get it delivered to her, but will she get it in time?

Still allow 2-3 weeks for the wine to get to you.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit
MarkDaSpark wrote:List price for you!!!!

I figured...

janisandjohn

fredrinaldi wrote:at least 5 to 10 folks pointed this out, why hasn't the woot gods fixed it?

they told me they did it for fun. I don't think it's funny at all. I think it's a disgrace that they would lie with their wine prices personally and I don't think I will buy their wines anymore. If they lie once, they will lie again.

acompdude

quality posts: 2 Private Messages acompdude
janisandjohn wrote:they told me they did it for fun. I don't think it's funny at all. I think it's a disgrace that they would lie with their wine prices personally

Have a sense of humor. This is just a little Woot style humor. They used to do a lot more stuff like that in the earlier days. Do you read the descriptions of items? Notice the tags on the shirts that say "Not for use as pants?" Plus this wine will not be sold in stores so it would be hard for them to have a price to compare it to.

ThunderThighs

Staff

janisandjohn wrote:they told me they did it for fun. I don't think it's funny at all. I think it's a disgrace that they would lie with their wine prices personally and I don't think I will buy their wines anymore. If they lie once, they will lie again.

We always get flack over inflated List prices even though the manufacturer/vendors set them, not us.

This time we are the vendor so we can set our own price. We inflated it.

[/joke]

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

skatrdude19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skatrdude19

Oh my god I can't believe I missed this. I absolutely loved last year's F-Bomb, just remembered about it, googled to see if I could get it anywhere, and I find this. Only two days late. Unbelievable. Is there any way possible to get this wine elsewhere?

janisandjohn

acompdude wrote:Have a sense of humor. This is just a little Woot style humor. They used to do a lot more stuff like that in the earlier days. Do you read the descriptions of items? Notice the tags on the shirts that say "Not for use as pants?" Plus this wine will not be sold in stores so it would be hard for them to have a price to compare it to.

Has nothing to do with sense of humor when they lie to their customers and say a 6 pack of wine is more than 1000 dollars. I don't think that is funny at all. And I do have a sense of humor for things that are funny like the clothing but that in my opinion is not

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew
coolchris160 wrote:I'm curious what the wine bottle icons near the neck of the bottle indicate...?

Flybranda wrote:WWII U.S. bombers sported similar art (Only they were bombs vs. bottles) that represented the number of bombing runs that plane/crew had completed. Nice play on the "bomb" motif. Not sure what is being counted here. Could be Woot Cellars offerings -- is there enough??

Hi, I illustrated this label.

Yeah, the "killed" bottle icons are meant to evoke that convention in bomber art -- but I'm sad to report that their number has no significance. They're just on there because I thought they'd look cool. I wish I'd thought of making them the number of each WC offering! (Although it might have been tricky, as sometimes the labels are finished in a different order from that in which the wines actually sell.)

But yeah, in deciding how many of them I put on each label, I was totally arbitrary.

"Pour, Pour Me" got six:

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:

We always get flack over inflated List prices even though the manufacturer/vendors set them, not us.

This time we are the vendor so we can set our own price. We inflated it.

[/joke]

Evidently, the maroon has no sense of humor.

And BTW, any word on shipping????

Or is it due to Summer Shipping?

filthy97

quality posts: 1 Private Messages filthy97
MarkDaSpark wrote:

And BTW, any word on shipping????

Or is it due to Summer Shipping?

I got the tracking email with the estimate arrival of Friday 5/24. It looks like FedEx got it on Monday and started moving towards me on Tuesday. No updates since that time. Really hoping I get it in time for the weekend.

alien88

quality posts: 18 Private Messages alien88

Wow, screw you FedEx. Was supposed to be delivered where I work today, they normally come by morning -> afternoon. It's 5PM, no sign of them, and the tracking now says

"Delivery exception
SALINE, MI
Customer not available or business closed - Adult signature require"

wooters.us - scoring more bags of Koi for you than others.

RCA

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RCA

Odd things with shipping.
Got tracking info May 15th
FedEx showed up on May 19th
Without the wine, but with other items ordered during the wootoff.
Inquired several times about what/where the wine is. Have only been told it should have been delivered and i should get it any day now.
Has anyone got their wine yet?

ThunderThighs

Staff

RCA wrote:Odd things with shipping.
Got tracking info May 15th
FedEx showed up on May 19th
Without the wine, but with other items ordered during the wootoff.
Inquired several times about what/where the wine is. Have only been told it should have been delivered and i should get it any day now.
Has anyone got their wine yet?

Wine shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

You have tracking because info has been sent to the shipper to expect a shipment. That is how the tracking numbers are generated.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

FORUM MODERATOR

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Wine shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

You have tracking because info has been sent to the shipper to expect a shipment. That is how the tracking numbers are generated.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

Well, !!!

Ordered the Wellington Roussanne and the F-2 at the same time (Same Order). There was one tracking number, so I thought, "Great, they combined the two!"

Not to be. Shipment was only for the Roussanne, and no sign of the F-2.

RCA

MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, !!!

Ordered the Wellington Roussanne and the F-2 at the same time (Same Order). There was one tracking number, so I thought, "Great, they combined the two!"

Not to be. Shipment was only for the Roussanne, and no sign of the F-2.

Yup, exactly what happened to me,and when I asked cust serv what happened to the other order, they said I should have received it and if I don't receive it by 5/22 to let them know so they can investigate. Wrote back and said no I didn't get the wine, then I was given the 2-3 weeks statement. Wrote back again reminding woot that I was told to let them know if I didn't receive the wine delivery and was told that I would get tracking once it ships. Wwwwhat the..?
So I am a bit miffed at the disinformation and still don't have any f-bombs.

MarkDaSpark

RCA wrote:Yup, exactly what happened to me,and when I asked cust serv what happened to the other order, they said I should have received it and if I don't receive it by 5/22 to let them know so they can investigate. Wrote back and said no I didn't get the wine, then I was given the 2-3 weeks statement. Wrote back again reminding woot that I was told to let them know if I didn't receive the wine delivery and was told that I would get tracking once it ships. Wwwwhat the..?
So I am a bit miffed at the disinformation and still don't have any f-bombs.

You have to remember that Wine.Woot is located in Sonoma, while Woot CS is elsewhere. So they quote standard info sometimes, instead of trying to get ahold of WW staff.

I'm giving it til Wednesday, then calling in the cavalry!

RCA

MarkDaSpark wrote:You have to remember that Wine.Woot is located in Sonoma, while Woot CS is elsewhere. So they quote standard info sometimes, instead of trying to get ahold of WW staff.

I'm giving it til Wednesday, then calling in the cavalry!

Shipping times I can deal with. It's the miss information from woot CS about the status of my order which is pissing me off. All the info was in my first email to them and its been 5 days (one email a day) and I still dont have an answer as to what is happening with the order. "it shipped", "you should have the order by 5/22", "your order was delivered on 5/18"

UPDATE:
Awesome, found out today that my order was canceled on 5/29. Thanks for the explanation woot.
Really...what happened to customer service? WOW....

UPDATE:
I'm just amazed at how poor customer service has been during this. Then to cancel my order and not tell me. Then offer no reason why. Still no reply from woot customer service after 4 days. awesome!