cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
zTimothyBz wrote:Did I say a Corison vertical when you visited? I meant a Kronos vertical...

So you're bringing it to the wootception, right? There may be an appearance by the winemaker herself, who I bet would be floored to partake of that vertical

Edit: Sir Sparks-a-lot! With his dancing bananas that cause my phone to hate scrolling!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

I am extremely lucky when it comes to Fedx. The driver knows to bring anything that needs a signature to my parents house... He even called me on a Sat. cause he had a box for me... but it was easier for him to bring to my parents and would I mind if he did? he also wanted to make sure I hadn't ordered a surprise gift for my folks and if he delivered it, ruin the surprise...

Got notification my Pedroncelli shipped... I'm nervous as it shipped on the 23 and is supposed to be here on the 30th.. It has been in the upper 80's here .... hope it doesn't cook!!

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm

Don't forget to vote! Vassar-Warner Home
Currently at 213.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
bahwm wrote:Don't forget to vote! Vassar-Warner Home
Currently at 213.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
cheron98 wrote:So you're bringing it to the wootception, right?

I checked with Consuela, and she said no no no...

(Sparky, can you do another IFTFY?)

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
bhodilee wrote:215

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
zTimothyBz wrote:I checked with Consuela, and she said no no no...

Ha

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

chemvictim

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chemvictim

bahwm

Proctoring sucks. 2 hours a day for 3 days last week and the same for this week. Ugh! Almost done. I feel for the kids.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
bahwm wrote:Don't forget to vote! Vassar-Warner Home
Currently at 213.

Added four yesterday, 228 now, after this morning.

CT

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
bhodilee wrote:If you were Cathy and could sell at retail with NO problems, would you sell at a discount? Basically, yeah, she's too cool for woot and bless her for it.

I agree, that's why I asked. Just looking for any semi-official confirmation.

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
loveladyelectric wrote:I agree, that's why I asked. Just looking for any semi-official confirmation.

Corison usually has a wine.woot offer around Christmas time.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
zTimothyBz wrote:I checked with Consuela, and she said no no no...

Alas. Doesn't look like SoCal is in the cards for those weeks. Ah well, guess we'll have to pass.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
rjquillin wrote:Added four yesterday, 228 now, after this morning.

Is there that little to talk about? It's up to 236.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 188 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:Alas. Doesn't look like SoCal is in the cards for those weeks. Ah well, guess we'll have to pass.

Even with a 10 year (1998 - 2008) Turley Hayne PS Vertical?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:Is there that little to talk about? It's up to 236.

Evidently yes ... 237.

Unless we poke the Cat some more? So far we have a Corison Kronos and Turley Hayne PS verticals thrown in. Anyone else?

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

kylemittskus

Looks like I actually got my hands on an SQN -- 2006 Mr. K "The Ice Man." I paid quite a tariff, though.

Certainly the prize of my cellar.

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
kylemittskus wrote:Looks like I actually got my hands on an SQN -- 2006 Mr. K "The Ice Man." I paid quite a tariff, though.

Certainly the prize of my cellar.

Nice! I want to get on his list some day...

I really hate when people don't even bother to show for their appointments...or show up late...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:Nice! I want to get on his list some day...

I really hate when people don't even bother to show for their appointments...or show up late...

I hate having to wait in a doctor's office for an appointment, especially when I got there 15 min. early. I can't think of one instance where they took me right away, or less than 10 minutes after my appointment time (usually 20 or more minutes).

On the other hand, I really hate writing notes down, and not remembering why I wrote the scarecrowic thing down!!!

Edit: It said, "Manda Packing" then "Sell By 5/13 - 6/9"

Just remembered (before using Bing) that it was about some meat recalls that I wrote down to check on. Now if I can remember next time to either write down what it's for, or to just throw it out once I've checked up on it!!!

rjquillin

otolith wrote:Nice! I want to get on his list some day...

PM

CT

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
MarkDaSpark wrote:Evidently yes ... 237.

Unless we poke the Cat some more? So far we have a Corison Kronos and Turley Hayne PS verticals thrown in. Anyone else?

238 now.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

kylemittskus

coynedj wrote:238 now.

MarkDaSpark

Got my first order from the new Shopping Cart. You'd think they could put the two items together in the same box, yes? Nope. Everything still appears to ship separately.

You'd expect that with wine (Wellington Syrahs) and the other items (Woot Plus Xmas). But not 3 shipping notifications (two for the Woot Plus items on the order, and 1 for the Wellington, once it ships).

It would make sense if the items were for two different items, but they are from the same company, and basically one is a refill for the other. Wind! Tornado! Hide!????

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Proctoring sucks. 2 hours a day for 3 days last week and the same for this week. Ugh! Almost done. I feel for the kids.

I absolutely HATE proctoring!! I did get out of it this year!! yea me!!

mommadeb1

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:Got my first order from the new Shopping Cart. You'd think they could put the two items together in the same box, yes? Nope. Everything still appears to ship separately.

You'd expect that with wine (Wellington Syrahs) and the other items (Woot Plus Xmas). But not 3 shipping notifications (two for the Woot Plus items on the order, and 1 for the Wellington, once it ships).

It would make sense if the items were for two different items, but they are from the same company, and basically one is a refill for the other. Wind! Tornado! Hide!????

So... What you're saying is the new system works so much better?

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:So... What you're saying is the new system works so much better?

Of course!!!

chemvictim

A little crankiness here. I missed my Pedroncelli delivery. I got the shipping notice and I checked the tracking number several times this week and only got that 'shipping info received' nonsense. My woot purchases have always arrived on Tuesday for the past year so I figured it wouldn't ship until next week. Now I have to go pick it up, or let it set there all weekend in the heat.

bahwm

chemvictim wrote:A little crankiness here. I missed my Pedroncelli delivery. I got the shipping notice and I checked the tracking number several times this week and only got that 'shipping info received' nonsense. My woot purchases have always arrived on Tuesday for the past year so I figured it wouldn't ship until next week. Now I have to go pick it up, or let it set there all weekend in the heat.

Bummer. Where are you? What kind of heat do you have right now?

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
bahwm wrote:Bummer. Where are you? What kind of heat do you have right now?

PM for u

mommadeb1

chemvictim wrote:A little crankiness here. I missed my Pedroncelli delivery. I got the shipping notice and I checked the tracking number several times this week and only got that 'shipping info received' nonsense. My woot purchases have always arrived on Tuesday for the past year so I figured it wouldn't ship until next week. Now I have to go pick it up, or let it set there all weekend in the heat.

I know the feeling...mine shipped the 23..and is supposed to be delivered on the 30th...It has been 87+ here.....so I hope mine isn't cooking as we speak.....

mommadeb1

chemvictim

bahwm wrote:Bummer. Where are you? What kind of heat do you have right now?

I'm in Reno, so it only spent one day on the truck so far. We're getting into the low 80's this weekend, not too bad. But I'm going to try to pick it up, if Fedex will ever get back to me on when I can pick it up. Cooked wine makes me sad.

cortot20

quality posts: 163 Private Messages cortot20

Bought the Georgetown divide rose on Wednesday morning of the woot off and it's already shipped and scheduled for delivery tomorrow. That maybe a new woot record.

CT

rjquillin

chemvictim wrote:A little crankiness here. I missed my Pedroncelli delivery.

Pedroncelli delivered, locker, and Ardente on the move..

CT

chemvictim

rjquillin wrote:Pedroncelli delivered, locker, and Ardente on the move..

!!!!

I forgot I have a wine locker. I should have the stuff delivered there. I'm not buying much lately so I entirely forgot about it. I wonder what I have in there...

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
chemvictim wrote:!!!!

I forgot I have a wine locker. I should have the stuff delivered there. I'm not buying much lately so I entirely forgot about it. I wonder what I have in there...

We should start up a new bidding contest on how many bottles are in your wine locker.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

mommadeb1

HitAnyKey42 wrote:We should start up a new bidding contest on how many bottles are in your wine locker.

sounds like a good idea!!

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Who won the Sparky's locker competition?

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
tiger7610 wrote:Who won the Sparky's locker competition?

Sparky still has no idea how many bottles he has.

I visited the locker last Saturday. I received three or four more boxes of wine for him and added them to the unopened stack. It's taller than me, now.

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar