losthighwayz

quality posts: 83 Private Messages losthighwayz

I have a feeling most of you winos don't give a hoot but I'm pumped about the Canelo-Chavez boxing match tonight!

Wine and carne asada on the menu

"The older I get the better I was"

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 236 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
losthighwayz wrote:I have a feeling most of you winos don't give a hoot but I'm pumped about the Canelo-Chavez boxing match tonight!

Wine and carne asada on the menu

Way to kill the Pub!

x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rjquillin

quality posts: 289 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:Way to kill the Pub!

Must be we're drinkers, not fighters.
Unless it's politics with his father...

CT

bahwm

quality posts: 59 Private Messages bahwm

I have a ton of grading to do. However, I just got a MAJOR deal on a MacBook Air and felt the need to get it set up. I'm not sure how many OS ahead it is from my machine! I'm pretty sure I can update my old one, but I have to do so much cleaning up of multiple pics and additional backing up of things that I just had to get this one. Couldn't pass it up for $200!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mommadeb1
otolith wrote:Still are. Must be having a hard time adjusting to May.

only took me 9 days to realize wrong pub... ha ha ha
I'm ready for school to be over!

mommadeb1

glad it wasn't me this time... I was posting in the old pub

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 69 Private Messages ddeuddeg
mommadeb1 wrote:glad it wasn't me this time... I was posting in the old pub

And it's you again.

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.
The big difference: "Today's winemakers still worry about quality."

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:And it's you again.

Tag, you're it!

x20             
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

MarkDaSpark wrote:Tag, you're it!

Now I'm it!

x20             

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 69 Private Messages ddeuddeg
MarkDaSpark wrote:Now I'm it!

I had decided to hold off until it had been at least 24 hours, and then you beat me.

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.
The big difference: "Today's winemakers still worry about quality."

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

losthighwayz

Yeah, figured I would...lol

It's lonely being a Mexican wino on these boards 😔

Fight sucked by the way!

losthighwayz

rjquillin wrote:Must be we're drinkers, not fighters.
Unless it's politics with his father...

Ha, I'll make sure he makes the next gathering...he really IS passionate about politics!

losthighwayz

Spending our 10th anniversary weekend in a vineyard in Paso Robles. Can't believe we have never been there! Looking forward to it.

tytiger58

quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58
losthighwayz wrote:Spending our 10th anniversary weekend in a vineyard in Paso Robles. Can't believe we have never been there! Looking forward to it.

You going to leave us hanging or tell us what vineyard??!!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

tiger7610

quality posts: 21 Private Messages tiger7610

There might come a time very soon when I will have to upload some images to the forums. What is the best/easiest way to do that? These images will probably be coming from my computer

losthighwayz

tytiger58 wrote:You going to leave us hanging or tell us what vineyard??!!

Sorry! Poalillo vineyards. Never heard of it but looks rustic and peaceful! Plus smack in the middle of West Paso.

Any recs?

cortot20

quality posts: 297 Private Messages cortot20
tiger7610 wrote:There might come a time very soon when I will have to upload some images to the forums. What is the best/easiest way to do that? These images will probably be coming from my computer

I use imgur. And you can copy the link they provide specifically for forum formatting. Works well.

CT

tiger7610

quality posts: 21 Private Messages tiger7610

Finally figured out, do not know how to add the grape debated banner. Oh well, its decent sparkler, I just do not know if I need 6 bottles of it

klezman

quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman
tiger7610 wrote:Finally figured out, do not know how to add the grape debated banner. Oh well, its decent sparkler, I just do not know if I need 6 bottles of it

Mods often do that. Otherwise, I think it's just GRAPE within square brackets, like so:

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 289 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:Mods often do that. Otherwise, I think it's just GRAPE within square brackets, like so:

or

CT

MarkDaSpark

Ack! Forgot this yesterday Woot time. Still okay for the West Coast peeples.

..•*¨`*•.☆.•*¨`*•..•*¨`*•.☆.•*¨`*•..
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL YOU MUMS!!!
✿•*¨`*•...(¯`v´¯)(¯`v´¯)...•*¨`*•✿
.....✿•*¨`*•.¸(¯`v´¯)¸.•´*¨`*•✿...
................♥ •.¸.•´♥.................

x20             

bhodilee

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bhodilee
losthighwayz wrote:Yeah, figured I would...lol

It's lonely being a Mexican wino on these boards 😔

Fight sucked by the way!

I just can't get into boxing anymore. Hell, Crawford is FROM my hometown and I still don't care. I honestly wonder how boxing PPVs draw so much revenue?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

So, does anyone know which Woot Monkey pairs best with each Woot Cellars wine?

Probably Polyphemus with the giant ones, right?

x20             

losthighwayz

Prepping for my yearly end of year Principal's celebration in June. Anyone have dibs on Seasmoke PN?

awl85

quality posts: 8 Private Messages awl85

Happy National BBQ Day!

tytiger58

quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58
losthighwayz wrote:Prepping for my yearly end of year Principal's celebration in June. Anyone have dibs on Seasmoke PN?

Sorry sold you my last one

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

cortot20

quality posts: 297 Private Messages cortot20
losthighwayz wrote:Prepping for my yearly end of year Principal's celebration in June. Anyone have dibs on Seasmoke PN?

Try and get some at auction

CT

polarbear22

quality posts: 41 Private Messages polarbear22

I had an allocation. Are you interested if I can still get some?

It expired, but I may be able to get an extrension. And I can then share my allocation with you.

Cesare

quality posts: 2394 Private Messages Cesare

Cross posted from woot cellars, didn't want to clutter that thread plus more people might see it here.

chipgreen wrote:
Anybody have the full collection?

I am missing 10-12 woot wines, mostly the first ones on the list. Willing to trade some more recent offers for older ones.

The only one I am missing is the
2009 Tøøthstejnn The Red, The Grimy Wyvern Wine-Hall Cab Franc
So if anybody has let me know.
I don't have many older ones left, the oldest is probably the Monkey 2nd Prize.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

otolith

quality posts: 26 Private Messages otolith
Cesare wrote:Cross posted from woot cellars, didn't want to clutter that thread plus more people might see it here.

I have an original Monkey Prize. Not sure when I'll open that up.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

polarbear22

Cesare wrote:Cross posted from woot cellars, didn't want to clutter that thread plus more people might see it here.

I have a couple left. Want me to save you one?

Cesare

polarbear22 wrote:I have a couple left. Want me to save you one?

Yeah thanks

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bhodilee

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bhodilee
tiger7610 wrote:Question for owners of robot vacuums, I have only hardwood floors or really ancient linolium, but I also have furniture in those rooms, so its not an easy floor layout for a robot vacuum. Any suggestion for which one I should get? I suffer from dust allergies (and apparently every other allergy this time around), so something with a HIPAA filter would be good. Any suggestions? On grad school salary I really cannot afford a 600 dollar vaccuum.

I have not yet looked, but monoprice was touting robot vacuums in their latest email, starting at 100 bucks.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

klezman

quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman

Probably my favourite Woot Cellars to date. I've got a couple left.

We were talking at the Corison gathering about having an all Woot Cellars gathering on of these days. Could we entice you and kttest to come out and join us?

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

Cesare

klezman wrote:Probably my favourite Woot Cellars to date. I've got a couple left.

We were talking at the Corison gathering about having an all Woot Cellars gathering on of these days. Could we entice you and kttest to come out and join us?

hmm maybe

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

MarkDaSpark

Cesare wrote:hmm maybe

Pub-killer!

And now we know what happens to our orders!

x20             

mommadeb1

It is HOT here... Today it was 100 degrees! We have had record heat for the past 3 days.... My Wellington ports arrived today, I was a concerned as they were not in Styrofoam. They appear ok.

otolith

quality posts: 26 Private Messages otolith
mommadeb1 wrote:It is HOT here... Today it was 100 degrees! We have had record heat for the past 3 days.... My Wellington ports arrived today, I was a concerned as they were not in Styrofoam. They appear ok.

Relatively cool here...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

polarbear22

We had a heat wave here - 3 days over 90. Highest was 96 on Thursday, day my wine was delivered. Wine was OK as it came early. Rode my bike early on Thursday for about 18 miles and did 28 miles this morning.

Glad that it will cool off. With highs in low 70's the next several days.

bolligra

quality posts: 43 Private Messages bolligra

Just added to SiriusXM: The Beatles Channel

Yes! The Holy Grail!

Edit: It's channel 18 btw

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.