ddeuddeg

quality posts: 69 Private Messages ddeuddeg

More than a page of comments on a woot-off wine is a testimony to how terrific Peter Wellington's wines are.

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.
The big difference: "Today's winemakers still worry about quality."

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

rjquillin

quality posts: 289 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:Another case headed this way. Oy.

oy, my alter self may have something to say about that...

CT

heymondude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heymondude

We bought a Wellington pack a while back, and not sure if it was a bad batch or what, but all tastes spoiled. Last bottle we dumped down the sink. I would not buy again.

esteinwachs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages esteinwachs

I just noticed this under the rules

"If you're drunk when the package shows up, you will not be allowed to receive it"

I can never get any packages if that is truly a rule.

Pootwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pootwoot

In for 2 mixed-whites.
SO - why do we have so many Wellington reds?
ME - Great wine at a great price, going away.

Jamessir

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jamessir
heymondude wrote:We bought a Wellington pack a while back, and not sure if it was a bad batch or what, but all tastes spoiled. Last bottle we dumped down the sink. I would not buy again.

Very strange. While I like some more than others, I've never had a bad bottle. Even the libraries have been great. We're at 5 cases now.

How long did you let them breathe? What other wines have you enjoyed?

I'm so easy a caveman could do me!

Sagles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sagles

Have never been happier to randomly click on WineWoot in middle of the day.

I missed the last two Wellington mystery offerings and was afraid that was the end of it.

It's been 8 years since I was first introduced to Wellington via this site. Peter's wines have never let me down in that time.

In for 3, happily (until the credit card statement comes in, at which point I'll have to crack open a bottle!).

dgfait

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dgfait

I have A LOT of Wellington on hand right now from all the great offers, but I recently opened a 2013 chardonnay from my recent red/white mixed pack to go along with a grill roasted turkey breast. It was absolutely fantastic...slightly tropical sweet, perfect acidity, with notes of citrus, not heavy at all. In for at least one more of the red/white packs and trying to decide if I need more than that!

noslensj

quality posts: 54 Private Messages noslensj

I've got plenty of Wellington red around, but the stocks of white are getting low. One of my biggest regrets in recent Wellington orders was not buying more of the whites.

So I put in a order for one of the mixed shipments. Then thought about for about fifteen minutes, and decided I shouldn't double down on my prior mistake. So I put in a second order.

A few months from now I'll probably be regretting not getting three. :-)

BoytoyOH

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BoytoyOH
HookedOnEbonics wrote:I want to meet the kind of person that spends $80 + shipping on mystery wine.

If it is Wellington by Peter Wellington it is NOT a mystery that it is great wine!!!!

time2testit

quality posts: 17 Private Messages time2testit

SIWBM....

Wellington Vineyards Random (6)
Speed to first woot: 2m 13.111s
First sucker: grashelm
Last wooter to woot: time2testit
Last purchase: a few seconds ago

Peter is too much for SIWBM to handle:

In for 1 all reds

(went back for another 1 of all reds)

xandersherry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xandersherry
HookedOnEbonics wrote:I want to meet the kind of person that spends $80 + shipping on mystery wine.

Note in the sales stats that (as of this moment) 84% of us have more than 25 woots, and 96% of us have been around for more than a year. We know what we're getting. :-)

dgfait

dgfait wrote:I have A LOT of Wellington on hand right now from all the great offers, but I recently opened a 2013 chardonnay from my recent red/white mixed pack to go along with a grill roasted turkey breast. It was absolutely fantastic...slightly tropical sweet, perfect acidity, with notes of citrus, not heavy at all. In for at least one more of the red/white packs and trying to decide if I need more than that!

...and it took me just about 15 minutes and the countdown at 5% to go back in for that second 6-pack. Cheers!

Sagles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sagles
pengu1n wrote:In for one. Assuming this may be the last one we see. That means I bought the very first and very last Wellington offering here at wine woot.

Please, please let there be one more. I'm still kicking myself - HARD - for managing to miss the other mystery offerings.

Edit: At least catching this one, when I usually don't have time to track woot offs, has made my week (or month).

InFrom

quality posts: 48 Private Messages InFrom
heymondude wrote:We bought a Wellington pack a while back, and not sure if it was a bad batch or what, but all tastes spoiled. Last bottle we dumped down the sink. I would not buy again.

Which offer was it?

silvermorph

quality posts: 1 Private Messages silvermorph
dgfait wrote:...and it took me just about 15 minutes and the countdown at 5% to go back in for that second 6-pack. Cheers!

Oh my God I was reading comments before ordering and I got to this one and panicked: indeed it has sold out.

lseewoester

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lseewoester

DAMMIT!

I cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food.

Anorion

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Anorion

DAMNIT. This was the one thing I was wanting this woot-off. Great buy.

Certified Drunk Chemist Guy.

Glacial

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Glacial

No storage space left for this, but could not resist.

p2002

quality posts: 9 Private Messages p2002

I am Fairly certain that this is as close as I've ever come to garnering a Basket of Chocolate from Woot, and I am perfectly ok with that!
Got in for 2 reds at the onset. The only good thing about doing taxes this late.

Jamessir

Wine just arrived! No library wines...

Received:
3 2009 Victory
3 2013 Petit Verdot Sarlo
3 2013 Cab
3 2012 Syrah Estate
3 2011 Zin Estate
2 2010 Zin Meeks
1 2011 Syrah Estate

Thanks Peter!

Has anyone had the Petit Verdot? Thoughts?

wnance

quality posts: 9 Private Messages wnance
Jamessir wrote:Wine just arrived! No library wines...

Received:
3 2009 Victory
3 2013 Petit Verdot Sarlo
3 2013 Cab Sauv Estate
3 2012 Syrah Estate
3 2011 Zin Estate
2 2010 Zin Meeks
1 2011 Syrah Estate

Thanks Peter!

Has anyone had the Petit Verdot? Thoughts?

2012 Wellington Petit Verdot has been one of our favorite wines ( we went through 7 or so.) Fruit and spice. I hope I get some in my order!

klezman

quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman

Same mix in my case as above - 2 each of:
2012 Syrah Estate
2009 Victory
2010 Meeks Zin
2013 Petit Verdot
2013 Cabernet (Somona County - there is no Estate Cabernet afaik)
2011 Zin Estate

Glad the PV is in there. All dupes for at at this point, but all great wines.

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

Jamessir

klezman wrote:Same mix in my case as above - 2 each of:
2012 Syrah Estate
2009 Victory
2010 Meeks Zin
2013 Petit Verdot
2013 Cabernet (Somona County - there is no Estate Cabernet afaik)
2011 Zin Estate

Glad the PV is in there. All dupes for at at this point, but all great wines.

Sorry about that! You are correct. 2013 Cab is Sonoma.

sdilullo

quality posts: 40 Private Messages sdilullo

Bought 2 Red/White mixes and ended up with...

2x 2009 Victory
2x 2010 Meeks Hilltop Zinfandel
2x 2011 Estate Syrah
2x 2013 Roussanne
2x 2012 Chardonnay
2x 2013 Chardonnay

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 358
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

dgfait

sdilullo wrote:Bought 2 Red/White mixes and ended up with...

2x 2009 Victory
2x 2010 Meeks Hilltop Zinfandel
2x 2011 Estate Syrah
2x 2013 Roussanne
2x 2012 Chardonnay
2x 2013 Chardonnay

Ordered the same and ended up with the exact same. Happy to fill out my Wellington white supply for a little while at least.

rc70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rc70

11 Syrah Estate
12 syrah Estate
11 Zin Estate
13 Cab Sonoma
13 Petit Verdot
09 Victory