cortot20

quality posts: 293 Private Messages cortot20
tytiger58 wrote:http://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=115278&p=1757533&hilit=mold+in+eurocave#p1757533

That all I got

It's similar to what I've read other places. I'll need to pull everything out and clean it and look for a break in the seal.

CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 26 Private Messages mommadeb1

It is COLD here! Last night we went into the upper 30's.... it is 44 out right now. We have a windchill warning until 10 tomorrow morning, which is going to make going back to work tomorrow even worse!

otolith

quality posts: 26 Private Messages otolith
mommadeb1 wrote:It is COLD here! Last night we went into the upper 30's.... it is 44 out right now. We have a windchill warning until 10 tomorrow morning, which is going to make going back to work tomorrow even worse!

It seems you have a narrow comfort window.

We were down there over Christmas break, and the last day it was 40 overnight. I wore shorts and a sweatshirt. The locals had their winter coats out...pretty funny. And I'm a freeze baby, by MN standards.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

North316

quality posts: 108 Private Messages North316
cortot20 wrote:It's similar to what I've read other places. I'll need to pull everything out and clean it and look for a break in the seal.

I have an older Eurocave that sounds very similar to the unit described in the post. My goal over the holidays was the empty it out and do a thorough clean, but unfortunately I did not get to that. I consistently get condensation on the inside, no matter what I do. I think the racks occasionally get a little mold/mildew on the edge closest to the back of the unit, but thankfully haven't noticed anything on any bottles. It has been awhile since I changed the filter, but it still had condensation immediately after I changed it the last time.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

jamesozzello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesozzello
cortot20 wrote:I've noticed some of the bottles in my wine fridge with cheaper paper labels are starting to show some mold spots. Especially the wellingtons. While I don't think this will effect the wine in any way it is gradually getting worse. I'm guessing there is just too much moisture in there, anyone have a nice remedy for this?

From Newair
http://www.newair.com/kb/prevent-mold-wine-cooler/

mommadeb1

otolith wrote:It seems you have a narrow comfort window.

We were down there over Christmas break, and the last day it was 40 overnight. I wore shorts and a sweatshirt. The locals had their winter coats out...pretty funny. And I'm a freeze baby, by MN standards.

When we first moved down here, we laughed at the locals for wearing coats on the beach when it was 50 degrees. Now I'm the one bundled up........ but we all know, if it's below 80 it's cold

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 68 Private Messages ddeuddeg
otolith wrote:It seems you have a narrow comfort window.

We had that kind of experience in Santa Rosa last July 4th. We went to see the concert/fireworks in Rohnert Park, and all the locals were dressed for winter, while we had t-shirts until intermission; it got down into the low 50s and we put on our jackets.

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.
The big difference: "Today's winemakers still worry about quality."

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

mommadeb1

Anything planned for mid Feb? if not, I will be booking a birthday cruise...

bahwm

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bahwm
mommadeb1 wrote:Anything planned for mid Feb? if not, I will be booking a birthday cruise...

Oh? When might that be? We have some time off. 😆

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Oh? When might that be? We have some time off. 😆

I am looking at Feb 16-20 right now looking at a 4 day cruise

bahwm

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bahwm
mommadeb1 wrote:I am looking at Feb 16-20 right now looking at a 4 day cruise

I'll be in Quebec until the 19th!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:I'll be in Quebec until the 19th!

bummer... hopefully later this year we can get our group together... I miss everyone

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 231 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Every so often, I get an email back from Woot Customer Service that makes me question their intelligence.

Most times it is fine, but there are times ....

Original Message
It would be helpful to be able to stuff we've ordered in the App!
It's irritating to not know, especially status.

Somehow, the SEE got left off before the "stuff we've ordered". However, this was the response:

Hello there,

We’re sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, we were unable to locate your order using the information provided. Please provide the order number or the username used when placing the order.

Once we have this information, we'll be able to assist you further.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Best regards,

Obviously, they didn't actually READ the App Feedback. Which has usually been the problem I've had in the past.!

Edit: FYI, there was more in the original message, Android info that I left out here. Also, the Subject line was specific!

Subject: Woot! App Feedback [Android Version 1.42643]

x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 976 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:...
Obviously, they didn't actually READ the App Feedback. Which has usually been the problem I've had in the past.!

In their defense, it took me a couple times to understand what you were asking. You're wanting to see "Stuff You Bought" in the app?

I'm sure that is in the works for a future version as the app gets fleshed out.

*** Play TT's Clue EVERY THURSDAY at 9pm CT ***
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:In their defense, it took me a couple times to understand what you were asking. You're wanting to see "Stuff You Bought" in the app?

I'm sure that is in the works for a future version as the app gets fleshed out.

To be fair to here, I did leave all the extraneous Android info out. With that in, it should have been more obvious to them. Especially since it was from the App reporting feature.

But this really isn't the first time that their reading comprehension has been horrible.

Edit: Plus, there was the Subject line!

Subject: Woot! App Feedback [Android Version 1.42643]

x20             
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Last birthday post for this year. Someone else can do it!

Happy Birthday to bowtie!!

Happy Birthday to bowtie!!!   

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

x20             

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
MarkDaSpark wrote:New Xmas Toy!

Took me a minute to figure out you didn't have people just laying the front yard. I assume a Santa and maybe a snowman?

edthebedhead

Does anyone know if the Wine Century Club still operates? Nothing new on the website, and a friend sent in their list of 100, but no reply.

Google still finds it:

edthebedhead

cortot20 wrote:For some of you with storage problems, these might be a good investment.
http://m.imgur.com/gallery/NCfHl

You must just want to see what everyone else has in their lockers, right? ... I'd be curious.

MarkDaSpark

edthebedhead wrote:Took me a minute to figure out you didn't have people just laying the front yard. I assume a Santa and maybe a snowman?

Oops! I guess I didn't share the pics/video here.

x20             

MarkDaSpark

edthebedhead wrote:Does anyone know if the Wine Century Club still operates? Nothing new on the website, and a friend sent in their list of 100, but no reply.

Google still finds it:

It takes a while to get the certificate.

x20             

mommadeb1

HHHHAAPPPYYY BBBIIRRTTHHHDDAAYYY Bowtie!!

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Oops! I guess I didn't share the pics/video here.

Wow...that is amazing!!

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 29 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
mommadeb1 wrote:I am looking at Feb 16-20 right now looking at a 4 day cruise

We're cruising March 20th (Spring break), if you can delay a bit you could join us!

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 68 Private Messages ddeuddeg
mommadeb1 wrote:Wow...that is amazing!!

Even more amazing would be if anyone believes that's actually Sparky's lawn.

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.
The big difference: "Today's winemakers still worry about quality."

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

Cesare

quality posts: 2354 Private Messages Cesare

Wonder if this might be helpful for wine shipments.
Walgreens and FedEx Team Up to Offer FedEx Dropoff and Pickup

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Even more amazing would be if anyone believes that's actually Sparky's lawn.

Et tu, d-dog. Et tu?

And it's not like the Wootmobile wasn't in the video!

Edit: And it's not like I haven't posted pics before (most on FB, but I did share Halloween pics here too)!

Xmas 2014

Halloween 2016 (you can even see the Tiki sign!)

x20             

bhodilee

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bhodilee
ddeuddeg wrote:Even more amazing would be if anyone believes that's actually Sparky's lawn.

lawns in SoCal make no sense, but that actually seems to correlate with the instagram vid. Sparks is a decorating fiend!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mommadeb1

pseudogourmet98 wrote:We're cruising March 20th (Spring break), if you can delay a bit you could join us!

hmmm wonder if I can convince Mr.mommadeb for another cruise? ha ha ha
where are you cruising to?

karenhynes

quality posts: 17 Private Messages karenhynes

Why isn't there an easy way to post pics here from a phone?

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

MarkDaSpark

karenhynes wrote:Why isn't there an easy way to post pics here from a phone?

You have to save them to Imgur first. Then copy the Direct Link and paste it.

Facebook used to let you copy over, but they changed something, and you can't post from there. Instagram doesn't work either.

x20             

otolith

quality posts: 26 Private Messages otolith
Cesare wrote:Wonder if this might be helpful for wine shipments.
Walgreens and FedEx Team Up to Offer FedEx Dropoff and Pickup

Thanks for the link!

You'd think sending it to a FedEx/Kinko's location would be good enough! Or that you could simply get email/text alerts. But that seems to be asking too much...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

cortot20

quality posts: 293 Private Messages cortot20
otolith wrote:Thanks for the link!

You'd think sending it to a FedEx/Kinko's location would be good enough! Or that you could simply get email/text alerts. But that seems to be asking too much...

It's more about a secure location. Text and email alerts are great but if you aren't the package can still be stolen. And the FedEx locations tend to be spread out. The one near my house is not convenient at all. There is a Walgreens much closer.

CT

pseudogourmet98

cortot20 wrote:It's more about a secure location. Text and email alerts are great but if you aren't the package can still be stolen. And the FedEx locations tend to be spread out. The one near my house is not convenient at all. There is a Walgreens much closer.

Across the street from CVS?

pseudogourmet98

mommadeb1 wrote:hmmm wonder if I can convince Mr.mommadeb for another cruise? ha ha ha
where are you cruising to?

Dominican Republic, Turks and Caicos, out of Ft. Lauderdale. If you're really interested I could probably get you a discount.

mommadeb1

pseudogourmet98 wrote:Dominican Republic, Turks and Caicos, out of Ft. Lauderdale. If you're really interested I could probably get you a discount.

sounds like fun... but there is no way I will be able to either get the time off (testing time for kids at school) or convince Mr. Mommadeb we need to go on another cruise

mommadeb1

seriously.... did I kill the pup again?

karenhynes

quality posts: 17 Private Messages karenhynes
mommadeb1 wrote:seriously.... did I kill the pup again?

I don't know about the pup, but it would appear that you killed the pub again.

PS: Please don't kill any pups. Thank you!

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

tytiger58

quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58
karenhynes wrote:I don't know about the pup, but it would appear that you killed the pub again.

PS: Please don't kill any pups. Thank you!

Yea hopefully the pup is alive! But the pub is dead. At 1 or 2 posts per day someone needs to read it's last rites

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

rjquillin

quality posts: 286 Private Messages rjquillin
tytiger58 wrote:Yea hopefully the pup is alive! But the pub is dead. At 1 or 2 posts per day someone needs to read it's last rites

with so many threads now, it just gets diluted

CT