tytiger58

quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58
rjquillin wrote:SoCal'ers;
Did I do a Pouracle split with any of you?
Merbill?

Nope

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 236 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
Merbill?

Magic 8-ball says "Concentrate and ask again."

But it doesn't appear you did. Cortot20 offered 2 or 3 spares (unless that was you who beat losthighwayz to the PM!), but posted someone reserved them.

x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cortot20

quality posts: 297 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:Magic 8-ball says "Concentrate and ask again."

But it doesn't appear you did. Cortot20 offered 2 or 3 spares (unless that was you who beat losthighwayz to the PM!), but posted someone reserved them.

Nope, they went to your nephew.

CT

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1006 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:Magic 8-ball says "Concentrate and ask again."

On vacation until 6/3. I will not answer private messages.
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

merbill

quality posts: 41 Private Messages merbill
Merbill?

No, I split with my sister.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919
Basket of Chocolate x 25
First Grape Debater

rjquillin

quality posts: 289 Private Messages rjquillin
merbill wrote:No, I split with my sister.

Thanks all...

CT

tiger7610

quality posts: 21 Private Messages tiger7610

Somehow it is becoming more and more unlikely that wellington is going to be shipped out to arrive on the east coast by december 16th. Any more updates on that?

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 31 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
tiger7610 wrote:Somehow it is becoming more and more unlikely that wellington is going to be shipped out to arrive on the east coast by december 16th. Any more updates on that?

FWIW, my cases still show "preparing for shipment ", but do list an estimated delivery date of 12/16. I'm on the east coast, FL.

tiger7610

I'm in the same boat. Its just there are only 4 days left before then, and normally at this point there would be a tracking number

pseudogourmet98 wrote:FWIW, my cases still show "preparing for shipment ", but do list an estimated delivery date of 12/16. I'm on the east coast, FL.

pseudogourmet98

tiger7610 wrote:I'm in the same boat. Its just there are only 4 days left before then, and normally at this point there would be a tracking number

Just looked at tracking on recent shipments. Gruet case shipped on a Tuesday, 11/15, arrived on Saturday, 11/19. You're probably right that it won't arrive before Friday. Best to call your local FEDEx and ask them to hold it.

tiger7610

And its shipped supposedly arriving on friday. We will see hopefully weather wont screw it up

pseudogourmet98

tiger7610 wrote:And its shipped supposedly arriving on friday. We will see hopefully weather wont screw it up

Interesting, mine says estimated delivery is Monday. Maybe someone saw your post and gave your order special shipping. 😀

tiger7610

I have known UPS to be off by a day especially with weekend, so you might still get yours on friday

hscottk

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hscottk
tiger7610 wrote:Oh how do I do that? I'm still hoping that the wines will ship and I can just get them before I head out, but no movement and with all the storms its not looking good

I am happy to report the vacation hold worked out with FedEx. I setup the hold last week with a return from vacation date of Sunday and the wine arrived on Monday as expected.

Not that it was perfect. I went onto the FedEx site on yesterday and was given a delivery date of Tuesday which was not good. But just as I was emailing my wootlegger I checked the site again and it showed delivered.

In order to setup a vacation hold you need to register with FedEx (name, phone, email, etc). You are then able to select your departing and return date (14 days max). They deliver the next business day after the return.

hscottk

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hscottk
tiger7610 wrote:And its shipped supposedly arriving on friday. We will see hopefully weather wont screw it up

I am scheduled for Wellington on Friday also and am visiting my wootlegger on Sunday (90 min drive). I really hope this works out.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mommadeb1
pseudogourmet98 wrote:Interesting, mine says estimated delivery is Monday. Maybe someone saw your post and gave your order special shipping. 😀

Maybe Monday is Florida delivery day.. mine is also scheduled to be here on Monday

mommadeb1

where is everyone? Don't tell me I killed the pub again?

mommadeb1

I need opinions please.

1. is this a good brand/unit?
http://www.cellarprocoolingsystems.com/1800QTL#maintabs

2. I need to get another cell phone, currently I have the Droid. Thinking about a Samsung or LG (I don't want an Iphone) Thoughts? Suggestions?
Thanks

pseudogourmet98

Anyone made limoncello? I steeped the zest of 15 good sized lemons in 750 ml of Everclear for about a month. Ready to strain and add sugar, but the amount of simple syrup to add is all over the map. I'm thinking 2.5 Cups sugar and 3.5 cups water. Any thoughts?

mommadeb1

pseudogourmet98 wrote:Anyone made limoncello? I steeped the zest of 15 good sized lemons in 750 ml of Everclear for about a month. Ready to strain and add sugar, but the amount of simple syrup to add is all over the map. I'm thinking 2.5 Cups sugar and 3.5 cups water. Any thoughts?

I think it depends on how sweet you want it. I LOVE Limoncello... let me know how it turns out what kind of lemons did you use?

klezman

quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman

BTW, molarchae and I now have a son!

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

rjquillin

klezman wrote:BTW, molarchae and I now have a son!

Sleep deprivation delayed announcement?

Congrats to the both of you!

Now, you just have to wait for that mag of '16 Kronos to be released.

CT

karenhynes

quality posts: 18 Private Messages karenhynes

Congratulations!

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

tiger7610

Congratulations!

In other news, both of my Bunker of Catalogs are in East Syracuse, but I will only get 1 tomorrow because Sure post has to do an extra steps.

In bad news Wellington now is going to be shipped on monday, so now I will have to try to figure out what to do.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1006 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

On vacation until 6/3. I will not answer private messages.
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

merbill

quality posts: 41 Private Messages merbill

That's great! Congratulations! He's a lucky kid.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919
Basket of Chocolate x 25
First Grape Debater

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:where is everyone? Don't tell me I killed the pub again?

Yes. But I blame Corrado.

x20             
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:I need opinions please.

2. I need to get another cell phone, currently I have the Droid. Thinking about a Samsung or LG (I don't want an Iphone) Thoughts? Suggestions?
Thanks

1 IFTFY. Looks ok, but you'll have to wait for otolith and polarbear22 to check in. They have built in wine storage areas.

2. Haven't had too many issues with my Samsungs thru the years (Galaxy 3 and Note 4).

x20             

MarkDaSpark

CONGRATULATIONS!

x20             

mommadeb1

Congratulations!!!

Welcome to the crazy world of parenting. I hope everyone is doing well.

pseudogourmet98

Mazel tov! 🍾🍼 I hope that Molarchae and baby Klezlarchae are well.

Or should that be Molarchman?

pseudogourmet98

MarkDaSpark wrote:Yes. But I blame Corrado.

When I first read this post I thought you were replying to Klez's post about the baby...

rjquillin

mommadeb1 wrote:I need opinions please.

How large a cabinet will this be used with? Dimensions and bottle count.
What is the expected maximum ambient temperature the cabinet will see?
How is the cabinet insulated? Wall thickness?

This is a small unit at just over 1000 btu.

CT

InFrom

quality posts: 48 Private Messages InFrom

Mazel tov!

bahwm

quality posts: 59 Private Messages bahwm

Mazel Tov!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

coynedj

quality posts: 11 Private Messages coynedj

I'll add my congratulations!

As I say to those having children - life as you've known it has just ended. It is now infinitely better.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 11 QPs?

polarbear22

quality posts: 41 Private Messages polarbear22

Congratulations!!

polarbear22

quality posts: 41 Private Messages polarbear22
MarkDaSpark wrote:1 IFTFY. Looks ok, but you'll have to wait for otolith and polarbear22 to check in. They have built in wine storage areas.

2. Haven't had too many issues with my Samsungs thru the years (Galaxy 3 and Note 4).

I have an insulated large "closet" for my wine. I think otolith is using passive based on where he built his.

I don't know this manufacturer. Not the one that I had lots of issues with, so that is good. I went a little over power with my last replacement, and no issues. I like the bottle probe vs. the ambient temp readout. I think it cycles less and keeps the wine a more uniform temp.

Good luck.

klezman

quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman

Thanks everyone!
Yes, delayed for many reasons, two being lack of sleep and a fussy little boy. Turns out it takes time to figure your own shit out, let alone figuring out the shit of a little dude (both literally and figuratively.
He doesn't have a woot account yet...gotta give him more than a few days

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

MarkDaSpark

pseudogourmet98 wrote:When I first read this post I thought you were replying to Klez's post about the baby...

x20