tiger7610

quality posts: 20 Private Messages tiger7610

I will either bring a sweet bubbly Nando frandolino, or something local from the finger lakes. As for wineries to visit, as long as we hit Kacaba and Pelliterri I'm ok with the rest. Also my gps does canada so in case we get lost again we can navigate.

tiger7610

Could I ride with someone for the tasting, or would I need to drive myself? Any ideas on when we might be leaving on saturday?

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 68 Private Messages ddeuddeg
randysanders wrote:Hmmm, Glad I looked. We're a little closer now that we've moved to Syracuse, and it would sure be fun. Any advice/details...where to stay, timing of events, etc.?

Any further thoughts? We're just a few days out.

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.
The big difference: "Today's winemakers still worry about quality."

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

chipgreen

quality posts: 286 Private Messages chipgreen

Bringing a N.V. Dosnon & Lepage Champagne Récolte Blanche Brut as well as a bottle of N.V. SakéOne G Fifty Junmai Ginjo Genshu for the dinner.

klezman

quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman

Hope y'all are having/have had fun!

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

tiger7610

We did! Dinner was great, everyone who missed it should be jealous. AT some point people with pictures will post them.

polarbear22

quality posts: 41 Private Messages polarbear22

Looking forward to seeing what we missed this year. I chose the retreat over the drive to Buffalo, and it was a great retreat. Even though I still have ice wine from last year, I watched the thread for the dates. I was telling SWMBO that the dinner alone was worth the seven hour drive. I expect the photos will prove I was right.

chipgreen

Still trying to get SWMBO to send me the pics she took at dinner.... it was another amazing effort, even without Mike personally preparing it this year. Great food, great wines and great people!

bahwm

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bahwm
chipgreen wrote:Still trying to get SWMBO to send me the pics she took at dinner.... it was another amazing effort, even without Mike personally preparing it this year. Great food, great wines and great people!

Terribly busy week for me--darn exam writing! I have pics that I can post on FB, but I don't know how to post pics here so that it won't connect to my real name. Help?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cjsiege

quality posts: 15 Private Messages cjsiege
bahwm wrote:Terribly busy week for me--darn exam writing! I have pics that I can post on FB, but I don't know how to post pics here so that it won't connect to my real name. Help?

Have you though about setting up a Flikr account in a nom de plume? You can upload to Flikr, then pull the Permalink for the photo. Insert that with the IMG tag here. Photos will then be posted in the thread.

chipgreen

I use photobucket. It does show my photobucket user name but not my real name.

chipgreen

Nancy deleted the food pics to free up space on her phone but at least I got some pics of the bubbly and took one myself of the menu. Also have pics of the ice wines we drank Friday night as well as a bottle of Jana Rosé illuminated by candlelight.

Click for slideshow.