MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 231 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
klezman wrote:Gotta have something to drink while it's hot out and before it's BBQ time, right?

And you can probably move us into the "Yes" column. Can't miss out on a B&D visit!

Bondage & Degradation? Kinky!

x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 68 Private Messages ddeuddeg
tytiger58 wrote:Great ideas but you guys don't have to lug bottles cross country, i'm pretty sure we can cover those, I know I have some Cava.

But how does that saying go "In vino veritas" that being said I would never try to deny anyone from bringing the truth

No problem, we'll just put them in a box and let SWA handle it. I've pulled out a nice Spanish big-ass red: 2008 Bodegas Felix Callejo Finca Valdelroble (Ribera del Duero), from our friend's home region. If you can take care of the Cava (I don't know why bahwm keeps writing ca va, probably has it mixed up with a French phrase), that would be great. I'm a little more reluctant to lug bubbly across country. Maybe an Albariño, though.

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.
The big difference: "Today's winemakers still worry about quality."

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:Bondage & Degradation? Kinky!

Apparently, you know us better than I realized.

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 257 Private Messages kylemittskus

Along with buffalo chicken dip, I'll bring:

2005 Pasanau "El Vell Coster" Priorat

93 Tanzer and 97 Parker: The 2005 El Vell Coster is 80% old-vine Carinena and 20% Cabernet Sauvignon from Pasanau. Opaque purple-colored, it has an enthralling nose of scorched earth, slate, mushroom, truffle, tar, blueberry, and black cherry. This is followed by an opulent, powerful, loaded wine with great concentration and impeccable balance. It has a decade of cellaring potential and should be at is peak between 2015 and 2030.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tytiger58

quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58
ddeuddeg wrote:No problem, we'll just put them in a box and let SWA handle it. I've pulled out a nice Spanish big-ass red: 2008 Bodegas Felix Callejo Finca Valdelroble (Ribera del Duero), from our friend's home region. If you can take care of the Cava (I don't know why bahwm keeps writing ca va, probably has it mixed up with a French phrase), that would be great. I'm a little more reluctant to lug bubbly across country. Maybe an Albariño, though.

Have the Cava covered and will bring a Albarino or Vinho Verde or both?+ 01 La Rioja Alta Rioja Gran Reserva 904 and a big ass 2007 Bodegas Elías Mora Toro Gran Elías Mora for Kyle.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

losthighwayz

quality posts: 82 Private Messages losthighwayz

Does the host have to "bring" anything? 😉

"The older I get the better I was"

tytiger58

losthighwayz wrote:Does the host have to "bring" anything? 😉

Si

ddeuddeg

kylemittskus wrote:Along with buffalo chicken dip, I'll bring:

2005 Pasanau "El Vell Coster" Priorat

93 Tanzer and 97 Parker: The 2005 El Vell Coster is 80% old-vine Carinena and 20% Cabernet Sauvignon from Pasanau. Opaque purple-colored, it has an enthralling nose of scorched earth, slate, mushroom, truffle, tar, blueberry, and black cherry. This is followed by an opulent, powerful, loaded wine with great concentration and impeccable balance. It has a decade of cellaring potential and should be at is peak between 2015 and 2030.

So we'll be committing infanticide?

kylemittskus

ddeuddeg wrote:So we'll be committing infanticide?

Big.ass.reds.

losthighwayz

tytiger58 wrote:Si

You missed the accent 😉

tytiger58

losthighwayz wrote:You missed the accent 😉

I don't have an accent.

merbill

quality posts: 40 Private Messages merbill
kylemittskus wrote:Big.ass.reds.

Think I'll bring a 2007 Carodorum Selección Especial Toro. "We're going to need a bigger decanter"

Also considering something lighter like a Catalunya Garnacha or a Yecla Monastrell.

As for food, it will be a dessert of some type.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919
Basket of Chocolate x 24
First Grape Debater

klezman

quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman

I don't have much in the way of Spanish wine. I'm sure I'll find something in the big.ass.red. category though.

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

losthighwayz

merbill wrote:Think I'll bring a 2007 Carodorum Selección Especial Toro. "We're going to need a bigger decanter"

Also considering something lighter like a Catalunya Garnacha or a Yecla Monastrell.

As for food, it will be a dessert of some type.

So add you to the "attending" list?

losthighwayz

klezman wrote:I don't have much in the way of Spanish wine. I'm sure I'll find something in the big.ass.red. category though.

K&L not that far away! 😜🍷

tytiger58

klezman wrote:I don't have much in the way of Spanish wine. I'm sure I'll find something in the big.ass.red. category though.

Really?! I seem to have a ton of it...nobody seems to ever want to do a Spanish wine dinner

klezman

tytiger58 wrote:Really?! I seem to have a ton of it...nobody seems to ever want to do a Spanish wine dinner

I love Rioja, but have had too many crappy Spanish plonk wines and so I'm gun-shy with picking them up. I rely on the rest of you to tell me what's good! That's why I've got LdH, Rioja Alta, etc.

tytiger58

klezman wrote:I love Rioja, but have had too many crappy Spanish plonk wines and so I'm gun-shy with picking them up. I rely on the rest of you to tell me what's good! That's why I've got LdH, Rioja Alta, etc.

Don't discount a whole country because of some crappy bottles, if I did that I would never buy California wines again Spanish wines arguably might be the best qpr in the world right now.

klezman

tytiger58 wrote:Don't discount a whole country because of some crappy bottles, if I did that I would never buy California wines again Spanish wines arguably might be the best qpr in the world right now.

Not discounting...but it took a long time to learn how to pick a CA wine I liked vs the plonk, and I just haven't dedicated the energy to doing that for Spain yet.

cortot20

quality posts: 293 Private Messages cortot20

I have zero Spanish wines so I'll either find one or just go heavy on the whites and rose.

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 286 Private Messages rjquillin

Considering:
2006 Mas Doix Priorat Salanques
2011 Teso La Monja Toro Almirez
unless we need a sticky and I need to find a PX or Fino.

CT

bahwm

quality posts: 56 Private Messages bahwm

Oooo, is someone to put you in the attending column? :fingers crossed:

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cortot20

rjquillin wrote:Considering:

There's the tawneys you bought and are now in my closet.

CT

MarkDaSpark

Depends if CJ can attend ... I have a St. John Commandaria for a sticky.

x20             
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tytiger58

I have a Valdespino Single Vineyard Fino Sherry I can bring if interested?

rjquillin

quality posts: 286 Private Messages rjquillin
tytiger58 wrote:I have a Valdespino Single Vineyard Fino Sherry I can bring if interested?

"El Candado"
oops, that's a PX.
Sounds interesting.

CT

cjsiege

quality posts: 15 Private Messages cjsiege
MarkDaSpark wrote:Depends if CJ can attend ... I have a St. John Commandaria for a sticky.

As long as I don't have to work the weekend, I'm in!

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:As long as I don't have to work the weekend, I'm in!

Yeah!

x20             

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

We have an 80th birthday and retirement party to attend that afternoon. (This is for two different people.)

So it's iffy, but lost please PM directions.

If we can come, we'll bring something Spanish or unexpected or not.

--- T

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.

ddeuddeg

zTimothyBz wrote:We have an 80th birthday and retirement party to attend that afternoon. (This is for two different people.)

But one party?

cortot20

We will bring dessert
Bottles:
'15 Campesino rose of Grenache (Isa)
And a sparkler (probably a Gloria Ferrer)

I have no Spanish wine in inventory. If I find something interesting in my travels I'll grab it.

CT

tytiger58

cortot20 wrote:We will bring dessert
Bottles:
'15 Campesino rose of Grenache (Isa)
And a sparkler (probably a Gloria Ferrer)

I have no Spanish wine in inventory. If I find something interesting in my travels I'll grab it.

I am looking forward to the Campesino!

arianakalff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arianakalff

Guest Blogger

Hey there. WineCountryConnect would like to contribute a couple bottles (sticking to the theme) to this gathering...please PM the best address to ship to!

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 62 Private Messages fredrinaldi
chipgreen wrote:Fred would love to come but he is busy chasing the Stanley Cup around the country with a bottle of Ardente.

Just saw this Location and time was perfect,, but alas a 2 events the 9th, 1 Nephews wedding and another Nephews birthday party, and I have to go to both, darn.

kylemittskus

arianakalff wrote:Hey there. WineCountryConnect would like to contribute a couple bottles (sticking to the theme) to this gathering...please PM the best address to ship to!

Lost, get on this ASAP.

Or, you can send the bottles to me and I can schlep them over...

tytiger58

kylemittskus wrote:Lost, get on this ASAP.

Or, you can send the bottles to me and I can schlep them over...

Well shoot him a PM Kyle! you know if Lost gets them we will only see 1 of the bottles

ddeuddeg

tytiger58 wrote:Well shoot him a PM Kyle! you know if Lost gets them we will only see 1 of the bottles

bahwm

Lost, could you please PM your address and your phone number, just in case we have issues of some sort. Thanks!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

fredrinaldi wrote:Just saw this Location and time was perfect,, but alas a 2 events the 9th, 1 Nephews wedding and another Nephews birthday party, and I have to go to both, darn.

Darn! I was hoping we'd get a chance to meet you!

MarkDaSpark

fredrinaldi wrote:Just saw this Location and time was perfect,, but alas a 2 events the 9th, 1 Nephews wedding and another Nephews birthday party, and I have to go to both, darn.

And here I was hoping to get rid of those Boxes!

x20