tytiger58

quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58
cortot20 wrote:Done! List is updated.

I'll spend some time this weekend and post details, links to tix, etc.

O.k looks like I will have to do 3 Tri-tips this year

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

bahwm

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bahwm

What is needed for this lawn seating? Obviously, we won't be able to bring all of our Shakespeare lawn stuff from home, so we'll have to hope that some of you can help us out. Pretty please?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cortot20

quality posts: 295 Private Messages cortot20
bahwm wrote:What is needed for this lawn seating? Obviously, we won't be able to bring all of our Shakespeare lawn stuff from home, so we'll have to hope that some of you can help us out. Pretty please?

Out of towners are guests. So we will pitch in as a group and make sure you guys are covered, chairs, wine, food. Just bring yourselves and maybe a jacket for after sundown.

I'll spend sometime today updating the OP to give everyone lots of info and a link to buy tix.

CT

losthighwayz

quality posts: 82 Private Messages losthighwayz
rjquillin wrote:Ok, add me to the possible list as well; a stretch, but perhaps I can make it work.

Would be nice to see you. It's been a while!

"The older I get the better I was"

losthighwayz

tytiger58 wrote:O.k looks like I will have to do 3 Tri-tips this year

No complaints here!
Maybe we can bring sides

cortot20

Important update regarding SoCal #44.
Due to the track changing their schedule the July 9th event is cancelled.

So I am proposing a change to the July 23rd date. Please check your calendars and let me know if this new date will work.

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 68 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cortot20 wrote:Important update regarding SoCal #44.

So I am proposing a change to the July 23rd date. Please check your calendars and let me know if this new date will work.

Bummer. We'll be in the area on the 9th, but back in Buffalo for the wedding of 2 very dear friends, who truly deserve much happiness, on the 23rd.
Seems like this is going to be the summer of cancellations.

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.
The big difference: "Today's winemakers still worry about quality."

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

kylemittskus

quality posts: 257 Private Messages kylemittskus

I'm out for the 23rd.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tytiger58

Different option please July 23rd is the only day I can't make I don't want to miss this, I look forward to it every year

cortot20

tytiger58 wrote:Different option please July 23rd is the only day I can't make I don't want to miss this, I look forward to it every year

The options are

7/23
8/6
8/20

We will have trouble making the August shows so I didn't put them forward. However if a consensus is reached that August is better we can pick one of those dates. Just because I put the event together doesn't mean that it can't happen without me.

CT

tytiger58

I can do either date in August

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 234 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cortot20 wrote:The options are

7/23
8/6
8/20

We will have trouble making the August shows so I didn't put them forward. However if a consensus is reached that August is better we can pick one of those dates. Just because I put the event together doesn't mean that it can't happen without me.

August dates are preferred, but I could make July 23rd. If I had to.

FYI, VN Med. Madness is Aug 27th.

x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Bummer. We'll be in the area on the 9th, but back in Buffalo for the wedding of 2 very dear friends, who truly deserve much happiness, on the 23rd.
Seems like this is going to be the summer of cancellations.

Which means we will still have to have a gathering on the 9th!

x20             
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tytiger58

MarkDaSpark wrote:Which means we will still have to have a gathering on the 9th!

Agreed!

cjsiege

quality posts: 15 Private Messages cjsiege

Sadly, I will need to change to "regrets" status. The 23rd is in the heart of my 3 week intensive work schedule, and then I'll be headed back east.

losthighwayz

I propose we keep the 9th as a gathering date.
Where?

MarkDaSpark

losthighwayz wrote:I propose we keep the 9th as a gathering date.
Where?

Thanks for volunteering to host!

x20             

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:Sadly, I will need to change to "regrets" status. The 23rd is in the heart of my 3 week intensive work schedule, and then I'll be headed back east.

But could you make a gathering on the 9th?

x20             

klezman

quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman
cortot20 wrote:Important update regarding SoCal #44.

Gathering still needed on the 9th! Gotta see D&B!

July 23 is a maybe for me. Depending on how things shake out I might be out at the same other event that has tytiger all busy. Aug 6 is out. Aug 20 might work.

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

losthighwayz

cortot20 wrote:The options are

7/23
8/6
8/20

Well, it's really not about you not making it but the dessert being absent! 😜

cortot20

losthighwayz wrote:Well, it's really not about you not making it but the dessert being absent! 😜

I'm ok with that.

CT

merbill

quality posts: 40 Private Messages merbill

We can't make the last 2 weeks of July due to our family vacation. The other dates are tentatively open for us, including July 9th at Lost's place.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919
Basket of Chocolate x 24
First Grape Debater

MarkDaSpark

losthighwayz wrote:Well, it's really not about you not making it but the dessert being absent! 😜

I can always bring a dessert ... death by chocolate or a yummy guava cake.

x20             

molarchae

quality posts: 5 Private Messages molarchae
MarkDaSpark wrote:I can always bring a dessert ... death by chocolate or a yummy guava cake.

So... cake or death?

cortot20

Let's go with August 20th for the Calphil. Candace and I will do our best to make it.

And as far as a gathering on July 9th, Candace and I are around. But our house is too small to host. We tried it once and found we needed to put everyone outside but then it was really hot. So if someone else wants to step up or even suggest a nuetral site I'm game.

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 68 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cortot20 wrote:Let's go with August 20th for the Calphil. Candace and I will do our best to make it.

And as far as a gathering on July 9th, Candace and I are around. But our house is too small to host. We tried it once and found we needed to put everyone outside but then it was really hot. So if someone else wants to step up or even suggest a nuetral site I'm game.

I thought lost was hosting, but maybe that was just someone teasing him.

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.
The big difference: "Today's winemakers still worry about quality."

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cortot20

ddeuddeg wrote:I thought lost was hosting, but maybe that was just someone teasing him.

I'm not sure, but everyone enjoys teasing Lost on a variety of subjects.

CT

tytiger58

cortot20 wrote:I'm not sure, but everyone enjoys teasing Lost on a variety of subjects.

Indeed, speaking of which sorry Lost but you can't have any of that 92 Dunn mag, they made more than 500 cases. I know you hate that mass produced industrial plonk

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:I thought lost was hosting, but maybe that was just someone teasing him.

That was me teasing him for being the first to ask where .... notice I said earlier we should keep the 9th for a gathering, but didn't ask where!

I can always check to see if our wine locker is allowing Wine tastings again, but there is a fee now.

We used to get it waived by cleaning up ourselves, but no more.

Only problem is we have to cleanup by 7pm.

x20             

losthighwayz

checking with the boss for July 9th but looking good.

Will confirm tonight.

losthighwayz

July 9 is good to go! I am thinking 4-9 or so...we can set up in the backyard and have a potluck. Thoughts?

losthighwayz

tytiger58 wrote:Indeed, speaking of which sorry Lost but you can't have any of that 92 Dunn mag, they made more than 500 cases. I know you hate that mass produced industrial plonk

But not 500 cases of the mag, right? 👍

losthighwayz

Lost will host! Would love to have you guys over!

losthighwayz

cortot20 wrote:Let's go with August 20th for the Calphil. Candace and I will do our best to make it.

Aug 20th works for us

losthighwayz

merbill wrote:We can't make the last 2 weeks of July due to our family vacation. The other dates are tentatively open for us, including July 9th at Lost's place.

See you in a few weeks

losthighwayz

tytiger58 wrote:O.k looks like I will have to do 3 Tri-tips this year

Tri tip offer still open even if at my place? And please bring your better half...she is loads of fun and has much more interesting stories than you 😀

losthighwayz

Ok, peeps. Please confirm July 9th...

Cortot +1
Tytiger +1
MDS
Losthighwayz +1
Merbil
Klez
Kyle
Cjsiege
ddeuddeg & Bahwm
RJQ
Molarchae

MarkDaSpark

losthighwayz wrote:Ok, peeps. Please confirm July 9th...

Cortot +1
Tytiger +1
MDS
Losthighwayz +1
Merbil
Klez
Kyle
Cjsiege
ddeuddeg & Bahwm
RJQ
Molarchae

Count me in!

Will create thread for it. This will need to change to #45.

Edit: Done, #44 created.

x20             

tytiger58

losthighwayz wrote:Tri tip offer still open even if at my place? And please bring your better half...she is loads of fun and has much more interesting stories than you 😀

Very true...we are in and I will be armed with Tri-Tips and wine of course. August 20 looks good!

You still live on the other side of the world? well I guess after the party I could drive 10 more minutes and be in Vegas

MarkDaSpark

molarchae wrote:So... cake or death?

Both are cakes ... so death or guava!

x20