Zephyress

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zephyress

Hmmhmmhmm. I just might be in the Bay Area this weekend. Must check with DH.

bsevern

quality posts: 115 Private Messages bsevern

Say it ain't so, no D&D for 2016?

Looking like a great weekend of tasting you guys are lining up for February!

I see psiloveyou.org is doing a limited PS tasting in Paso, anyone know why they killed off D&D in Alameda for February?

tenuki

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tenuki
bsevern wrote:Say it ain't so, no D&D for 2016?

Looking like a great weekend of tasting you guys are lining up for February!

I see psiloveyou.org is doing a limited PS tasting in Paso, anyone know why they killed off D&D in Alameda for February?

County taxes/fees became prohibitive. I still think it's weird they didn't just raise ticket prices if it's only $4000 and they're getting 800 people, but I'm sure there's more to it.

http://www.wine-blog.org/index.php/2015/12/10/dark-and-delicious/

CT

bsevern

quality posts: 115 Private Messages bsevern
tenuki wrote:County taxes/fees became prohibitive. I still think it's weird they didn't just raise ticket prices if it's only $4000 and they're getting 800 people, but I'm sure there's more to it.

http://www.wine-blog.org/index.php/2015/12/10/dark-and-delicious/

Thanks for posting that, that would explain why the food vendors were for cooked foods were almost non-existent this year.

Very sad indeed, hopefully they're able to revive it in the future.

trifecta

quality posts: 84 Private Messages trifecta

Any word back from Scott??

rjquillin

quality posts: 287 Private Messages rjquillin
trifecta wrote:Any word back from Scott??

The question has been asked; well, emailed.
If they are anywhere as busy as down here I'll give them till after Christmas and then ring him up.

CT

rjquillin

Looks like we may have some shuffling to do if a visit with Scott is included in the agenda.

We are in Amador at the winery that Friday, Saturday and Sunday the 19th, 20th and 21st of February. We have Saturday and Sunday nights open, if you all want to come to the house at the winery in Shenandoah Valley near Plymouth. We have a wine maker reception at Taste on Friday night. The winery in Amador is about 2.5 hours east of our house in St. Helena.

Cheers,

Scott
CT

rjquillin

tenuki wrote:I'd still rather Scott Saturday, but I guess I'm the only one not coming in from out of town and taking Friday off :P

Except from the SoCal contingent that needs at least part of Friday off to make the drive up.

CT

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 31 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

I'm still watching this thread in hopes that something comes together as we will be in CA during this time and want to visit some wineries and would love to do that with fellow Wooters.

trifecta

rjquillin wrote:Looks like we may have some shuffling to do if a visit with Scott is included in the agenda.

Hmm.... This is indeed a wrinkle. I guess it will depend on what the overall groups priorities are. I guess we could also explore other weekends... but then it won't be on the birthday weekend. The thought of no DnD and no Scott's is a bit depressing.

The only night that seems to make sense in Sunday night. It might impact flights for those who are headed back out on Monday morning though. 2.5 hours back to Oakland from Plymouth. 2.5 hours back to San Jose as well. It would actually work ok for the SoCal contingent as it's easy to slip back onto I-5.

rjquillin

Not sure there is any "easy" way back to I5 from Plymouth, but I wouldn't mind exploring the eastern realm a bit on Sunday.

CT

tenuki

rjquillin wrote:Not sure there is any "easy" way back to I5 from Plymouth, but I wouldn't mind exploring the eastern realm a bit on Sunday.

C.G. di Arie is pretty close to Scott's, haven't been to much else out there.

I'm fine with another weekend as well, it's just always been on that weekend so most of us probably kept it open assuming D&D would happen.

CT

rjquillin

tenuki wrote:C.G. di Arie is pretty close to Scott's, haven't been to much else out there.

I'm fine with another weekend as well, it's just always been on that weekend so most of us probably kept it open assuming D&D would happen.

I recall going by di Arie last year. Nice stop.

CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mommadeb1
trifecta wrote:Hmm.... This is indeed a wrinkle. I guess it will depend on what the overall groups priorities are. I guess we could also explore other weekends... but then it won't be on the birthday weekend. The thought of no DnD and no Scott's is a bit depressing.

The only night that seems to make sense in Sunday night. It might impact flights for those who are headed back out on Monday morning though. 2.5 hours back to Oakland from Plymouth. 2.5 hours back to San Jose as well. It would actually work ok for the SoCal contingent as it's easy to slip back onto I-5.

I could probably do a different weekend.. not earlier.... I agree, no D&D and no Scott? to sad to even think about!

rjquillin

Should we see if Scott is available the following weekend and consider a re-schedule?

CT

trifecta

rjquillin wrote:Should we see if Scott is available the following weekend and consider a re-schedule?

The reschedule will get complicated, as Clark and Dick have confirmed availability. You could ask what other weekends might work though. It might make more sense to stick with the same weekend and try to see if we can work a stop at Scott's in on Sunday.

pseudogourmet98

rjquillin wrote:Should we see if Scott is available the following weekend and consider a re-schedule?

I am definitely going to be in CA both weekends and hope that we can make a Woot gathering. I would love to have Scott Harvey's Get together as part of that and could do it the following weekend (2/26, 27), but cannot do Sunday 2/21 as I have to be in LA by 3:00.

I know I am not part of this regular crowd and don't expect you to plan around me but I wanted to add my comments.

Still hoping to make something happen here...

cortot20

quality posts: 295 Private Messages cortot20

There is a chance albeit a remote chance i could be up in the Bay Area for work in late February. Maybe it'll work out.

CT

mommadeb1

I need to ask for time off....are we still going for the 19-21? as of now... I can prob. change if needed...

trifecta

Our vote would be to stick with the same birthday weekend (19th -21st). S has already asked for those days off, but might be able to reschedule to a different weekend. Without knowing if Scott is available other weekends, it probably doesn't make sense to switch the plan yet.

If we figure out what other weekend Scott is available I will call Dick and Clark to find out if we could still make the other stops work.

Edit: If we stick with the same weekend and try to make Scott's work on Sunday, that means we'll have to shuffle the Fri/Sat stops as well. This will mean coordinating days and times with Clark and Dick. So the sooner the better on this.

mommadeb1

trifecta wrote:Our vote would be to stick with the same birthday weekend (19th -21st). S has already asked for those days off, but might be able to reschedule to a different weekend. Without knowing if Scott is available other weekends, it probably doesn't make sense to switch the plan yet.

If we figure out what other weekend Scott is available I will call Dick and Clark to find out if we could still make the other stops work.

Edit: If we stick with the same weekend and try to make Scott's work on Sunday, that means we'll have to shuffle the Fri/Sat stops as well. This will mean coordinating days and times with Clark and Dick. So the sooner the better on this.

ok, I'm going to ask for that weekend -19-21 off. If something changes let me know...

mommadeb1

ok... I'm trying to figure out which airport we want to fly into... (and you know how directionaly challenged I am)

Oakland
Sacramento
San Francisco

Thoughts?

trifecta

mommadeb1 wrote:ok... I'm trying to figure out which airport we want to fly into... (and you know how directionaly challenged I am)

Oakland
Sacramento
San Francisco

Thoughts?

I think it will depend a bit on where we plan to spend Friday, but in general Oakland would be easier to get in and out of. Sacramento isn't very convenient, unless you were leaving from Amador County on the last day....

mommadeb1

trifecta wrote:I think it will depend a bit on where we plan to spend Friday, but in general Oakland would be easier to get in and out of. Sacramento isn't very convenient, unless you were leaving from Amador County on the last day....

We are leaving Monday morning... I haven't even checked flights yet... but I did ask for the days off!

trifecta

Is everyone still in for the weekend of the 19th-21st?

It would be good to get a consensus before folks buy tickets.

Rj? Sparky? Tenuki? ajrod27?

What time is reasonable to plan something for Friday if we are out in Santa Rosa/Healdsburg area?

mommadeb1

trifecta wrote:Is everyone still in for the weekend of the 19th-21st?

What time is reasonable to plan something for Friday if we are out in Santa Rosa/Healdsburg area?

As of now (keep in mind I haven't looked for tickets) we will be in Thurs evening and go home monday morning... We have a room booked for thurs/friday at.... where ever we decided (I'm to lazy to look the name)

so if we are still going... I need to know where to book rooms for sat and sunday nights....

tenuki

trifecta wrote:Is everyone still in for the weekend of the 19th-21st?

I'm free any weekend but the 13th as of right now. Just got Scott's newsletter, I see why he's busy that weekend :P Basically they have dinners Fri.-Sun. and a wine club release party Saturday.

CT

pseudogourmet98

If Scott can only host on Sunday 2/21 I'm out. The following weekend is actually better for me and my DH and I would be thrilled to do a a Woot gathering weekend. I know I'm a tag-along so plan as you need and if it works for us to join anything, we will.

mommadeb1

pseudogourmet98 wrote:If Scott can only host on Sunday 2/21 I'm out. The following weekend is actually better for me and my DH and I would be thrilled to do a a Woot gathering weekend. I know I'm a tag-along so plan as you need and if it works for us to join anything, we will.

I am hopping we can meet you!!

I should be able to do the following weekend...

anyone else? opinions.... I just need to know so I can get the time off....

trifecta

mommadeb1 wrote:I am hopping we can meet you!!

I should be able to do the following weekend...

anyone else? opinions.... I just need to know so I can get the time off....

I think we need to know if Scott and Jana are available. It might screw up our plans with Clark and Dick., but not sure yet There is probably only a 25% chance of us being able to make the 26-29th.

trifecta

tenuki wrote:I'm free any weekend but the 13th as of right now. Just got Scott's newsletter, I see why he's busy that weekend :P Basically they have dinners Fri.-Sun. and a wine club release party Saturday.

It does appear Scott and Jana's have their hands full that weekend. Probably not the best time to plan on going out there.

I guess the question is whether we reschedule the weekend based on Scott's availability.

Still waiting to hear from the SoCal crew.....

mommadeb1

trifecta wrote:I think we need to know if Scott and Jana are available. It might screw up our plans with Clark and Dick., but not sure yet There is probably only a 25% chance of us being able to make the 26-29th.

Well..then we do we wait until March? or....??? just wondering......

edit: if I wait to long.. I won't be able to get plane tickets...

trifecta

mommadeb1 wrote:Well..then we do we wait until March? or....??? just wondering......

edit: if I wait to long.. I won't be able to get plane tickets...

Waiting to here preferences from other folks.... I'm ok with moving it out to March, but we should confirm with Scott, Dick, Clark, etc... before we decide to switch.

tenuki

trifecta wrote:Waiting to here preferences from other folks.... I'm ok with moving it out to March, but we should confirm with Scott, Dick, Clark, etc... before we decide to switch.

Or has anyone heard from ajrod or cagrl? Would also be nice to meet pseudo.

CT

pseudogourmet98

trifecta wrote:Waiting to here preferences from other folks.... I'm ok with moving it out to March, but we should confirm with Scott, Dick, Clark, etc... before we decide to switch.

I'm only in CA the last 2 weekends of February so March is definitely out for me. My preference is the weekend of 2/26. If this doesn't work out, maybe I can get one of the SoCal Wooters to host an event near LA on Saturday 2/20, as my conference in LA starts on Sunday evening.

cortot20

quality posts: 295 Private Messages cortot20
pseudogourmet98 wrote:I'm only in CA the last 2 weekends of February so March is definitely out for me. My preference is the weekend of 2/26. If this doesn't work out, maybe I can get one of the SoCal Wooters to host an event near LA on Saturday 2/20, as my conference in LA starts on Sunday evening.

It's looking more likely I might be up in the Bay Area the last couple weeks of February for work. Hopefully with the weekends off...

CT

enriquei

quality posts: 17 Private Messages enriquei

I might be interested in going and bringing a +1

trifecta

Anyone able to find out if Scott was available for other weekends???

Maybe March 4-7th?

mommadeb1

trifecta wrote:Anyone able to find out if Scott was available for other weekends???

Maybe March 4-7th?

I need to check march dates... I forgot that March is major testing for the schools.... I will check into....

mommadeb1

trifecta wrote:Anyone able to find out if Scott was available for other weekends???

Maybe March 4-7th?

pm for you