davidironhorse

quality posts: 14 Private Messages davidironhorse
rjquillin wrote:Speaking of holding out, you going to be be around for the tour and some of the Tut that's coming up?

Sorry, but probably not.
David Munksgard

timsampson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages timsampson

Today, I received 2 boxes of winewoot. I have 2 more on the way. And then they hit me with THIS! You gotta be kidding me. I had promised myself no more wine buying this month. Can't spend any more money. But, I've had 2 of the 3 at various Disney events and restaurants over the years and always amazing.

Where's my "For Emergencies Only" credit card?

Merlynxlii

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Merlynxlii

We tasted the 2007 or 2008 Brut X while up there last November; delicious! Looking forward to trying the 2009 along with the other two which we have not had the pleasure of tasting.

Also, definitely make your way up to Iron Horse for a visit. The outdoor tasting bar has one of the best views around!

timsampson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages timsampson

I had no choice. In for 2.

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen

Thanks, David and Joy for your responses! Although I just vowed yesterday not to purchase any more wine previous to the tour, I am compelled to make an exception for a couple sets of these delicious sparklers.

Last wooter to woot: chipgreen

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
rpm wrote:Autobuy to the limit of your purse and capacity. Hell, find the money, find the room: you won't need the room that long because you'll love it and drink it!

WD's response when we recently spoke and I told him he was chewing into our tour buying budget!

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
davidironhorse wrote:Sorry, but probably not.
David Munksgard

CT

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra

Kind of a late post here, but just want to say we visited IH about two weeks ago, and it is a stunning property. When we arrived, we were the only ones there and a young(ish) guy there gave us an impromptu tour. It was very educational and the people there could not be more gracious. And the sparkling tasting was exceptional!

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

LDD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LDD

Just wondering where the shipment is. Order was put into Fed Ex on 21 July...and today is 29th of July....hope it is not sitting out in the Texas heat......if it is then it will taste like Horse P.........

LDD

strongry

quality posts: 3 Private Messages strongry
LDD wrote:Just wondering where the shipment is. Order was put into Fed Ex on 21 July...and today is 29th of July....hope it is not sitting out in the Texas heat......if it is then it will taste like Horse P.........

I ordered, too, and my hasn't shipped either. From the Fedex tracking, I think it is shipping from Sonoma. My guess is they are waiting for the weather to cool down a bit before shipping. This has happened in the past.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hi all.

Wine.woot shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

LDD

strongry wrote:I ordered, too, and my hasn't shipped either. From the Fedex tracking, I think it is shipping from Sonoma. My guess is they are waiting for the weather to cool down a bit before shipping. This has happened in the past.

The issue I see is that it looks like the order to pick was on the 21st of July then no tracking until 29th when it arrived at Kansas City and it made it way to my door in Texas on the 31th. If it did set in the heat for 8 or 9 days I have $300 plus dollars of expensive vinegar. I have ask Woot for an explanation for the time gap. No answer at this time.

LDD

LDD

ThunderThighs wrote:Hi all.

Wine.woot shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

I comprehend the wait, this order is not my first rodeo. It is the time gap between the order for pick up from the winery on the 21st of July and next date noted is 29th of July when the cargo arrived in Kansas City. I received the shipment on 31st of July. I am questioning where was this shipment and how was it stored. A couple of simple questions that needs answers or I have bad beverages that cost more than $300. An answer from Woot HQ would be nice. Don't want to wait until Thanksgiving or Christmas/New Year to open these bottles only to find out they are bad.....

LDD

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
LDD wrote:I comprehend the wait, this order is not my first rodeo. It is the time gap between the order for pick up from the winery on the 21st of July and next date noted is 29th of July when the cargo arrived in Kansas City. I received the shipment on 31st of July. I am questioning where was this shipment and how was it stored. A couple of simple questions that needs answers or I have bad beverages that cost more than $300. An answer from Woot HQ would be nice. Don't want to wait until Thanksgiving or Christmas/New Year to open these bottles only to find out they are bad.....

Apparently this is your first summer shipping rodeo. There is no tracking initially because the wine is on a privately owned, refrigerated truck until it reaches a (relatively) local FedEx hub where it then completes the last leg of the journey unrefrigerated.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

chipgreen wrote:Apparently this is your first summer shipping rodeo. There is no tracking initially because the wine is on a privately owned, refrigerated truck until it reaches a (relatively) local FedEx hub where it then completes the last leg of the journey unrefrigerated.

right. we consolidate carrier-ready packages based on destination and ship them cross country via "reefer" trucks where they are off loaded (usually at night) into strategically located carrier hubs. wine is then delivered between one and two days later.

we were the first to do this back in 2007 and believe we have the best damage/package ratio in the business.

trust it.