stillmanbrown

quality posts: 138 Private Messages stillmanbrown
slm9951 wrote:Stillman, the reason there is not much discussion is that so many states have been kicked out of wine woot. What can we say about wine we can not buy? Love you, miss you!

I know, I miss the insults . . . even the trolls! (I do, however, smuggle almost everywhere . . . including the gates of Mogadishu. No joke.)

stillmanbrown

Kainc wrote:No rats? I need something to push me over the edge, not being a Pinot drinker. Uh, mmm, how does this compare to the Chateau D'Abalone Grenache Blanc??

Well, it's too late now. I thought I sent my associates the rat samples in time, but alas . . .

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 173 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cortot20 wrote:Why post this when you should be popping a cork and taking notes. I thought you were a pro.

Duh! It had to rest from it's journey. Plus I have a minor (major for me) plumbing issue .... bathroom faucet needs replacement after 20+ years. Tried to pull the cartridge, but that sucker is locked solid.

First impression ... Nom, nom, nom! And it's a rare Pinot Noir I like. Great nose, great mouthfeel and finish.

More when I get back home (on Smartphone, and it's a pain in the Tucco to type. Plus I need to buy some!

The waitress really, really likes it too!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

And JavaDrinker and CoffeeMate have arrived!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

stillmanbrown

MarkDaSpark wrote:And JavaDrinker and CoffeeMate have arrived!

Post a pic of the waitress. On Facebook, because ww changes poopy to poopy.

stillmanbrown

stillmanbrown wrote:Post a pic of the waitress. On Facebook, because ww changes poopy to poopy.

The 1991 Robert Mondavi Reserve Pinot Noir had the aroma of leather diapers, somewhere between poopy and poopy . . .

bskuared

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bskuared

It may not be Italian... but it looks molto buono!. In for one. Thanks for the chance.

food. italy. food. italy. wine. books. travel. food. genealogy. food. wine. italy. food. get. the. idea?

San Clemente · http://www.italyandme.com

stillmanbrown

OK everybody, don't forget to unfriend me on FB and unfollow me on Instagram . . . you know my name. And if you come visit when I'm not throwing a party, we can actually hang out.

stillmanbrown

I have a wicked parody of the greatest Sex Pistols song, but it would be rude to post it here.
Just be glad I'm not singing it.
Goodbye to all!

rjquillin

quality posts: 167 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:And JavaDrinker and CoffeeMate have arrived!

Well, you've managed till the east coast is ZZZszzzzing away, and there is now all of 25 minutes to rollover.

TALK!

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 176 Private Messages chipgreen
stillmanbrown wrote:I have a wicked parody of the greatest Sex Pistols song, but it would be rude to post it here.
Just be glad I'm not singing it.
Goodbye to all!

A.Ma.Zon! A.Ma.Zon! A.Ma.Zon!

MarkDaSpark

Okay, back home finally. Boy that Java sure can talk!

I wish I could say I had some left to try tomorrow. But the bottle is empty!

The waitress (Ashley) and Coffeemate had seconds, and Java and I polished the rest off.

I had decided to go to Baba Ghanouj here in LB (No Corkage!), and Java and Coffeemate were in the area. They just had to run the pooch home first.

We all enjoyed Swilly's PN, me more than the others since I had the Schott-Zwiesel PN glass and not BG's regular rolled rim glass (and yes, Ashley could tell the difference between the glasses).

To be honest, I haven't liked most PN's, but there have been a few that stood out (Peter's Woot Cellars' D'ontspille LeBlack being one). So I apologize for missing some aromas and flavor aspects.

So for some, the "At what price point would you buy this at?" probably isn't where I would place it. Since I really, really, really enjoyed this, I'm going in (especially since I don't have a lot of PN in my cellar)!

Low tannins
Earthy aromas on nose
Smooth, satiny mouthfeel
Nice lingering finish

Stillman "Zeppelin" Pinot Noir (2)
Speed to first woot: 6m 31.443s
Last wooter to woot: MarkDaSpark
Last purchase: a minute ago

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Well, you've managed till the east coast is ZZZszzzzing away, and there is now all of 25 minutes to rollover.

TALK!

Hey, they had the Nom, nom, nom!!

And Ashley's approval!!!

sdfreedive

quality posts: 22 Private Messages sdfreedive

It's a Stillman wine. I'm in. I loved the Colossus so I'm interested in what you do to this PN.

MarkDaSpark

sdfreedive wrote:It's a Stillman wine. I'm in. I loved the Colossus so I'm interested in what you do to this PN.

Um, drink it?

Edit: And I think Swilly has left the building.

cortot20

quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20

Info post:
All tasting notes for this wine have been cross posted into CT under user name wine.woot_taster. User names have been removed to protect the guilty. PM me if you want your tasting note removed or user name added back.

Thanks and back to the wineing.

CT

lonestar0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lonestar0

Peps take note....
I ordered 2 and the original FedEx ship tracking data showed a delivery of 7/7/14. Doesn't show. Check again and FedEx shows "N/A", so is it lost?

Wait till the following week. Still NADA/MIA.

After three emails (one finally to WOOT) and another week .... I get this BULL ****..."The order is still in processing. Most wine orders will take up to 3 weeks to be delivered and, given the nature of the product, all orders placed with the winery from this site will take longer to process and ship out than the typical 5 business days we estimate for other merchandise.

At this point, we would advise allowing more time for the order to ship out. Your tracking data, once received via email, will update automatically once the order ships out.

Woot Member Services"

THEN I immediately check FedEx to see that the package is tracking again and being delivered TOMORROW.

WOOT....dudes and dudettes...you REALLY need to step up to the plate and do better than this. Don't try to BULL **** a BULL ******.

NOT AT ALL HAPPY WITH YOU. THIS HAS NOT BEEN THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lonestar0: Sorry for the confusion. The electronic information is sent to the shipper to create the tracking labels. The wine peeps time when the wines are shipped out to insure the best delivery possible, especially in this summer heat.

Here's more info on summer shipping

Also, wine.woot shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders