klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
InFrom wrote:Not exactly. Last night bowtie posted about Matt Rutledge's kickstarter campaign for his new, deal-a-day site. (I know! How did he come up with that idea?) Sponsors who kick in at least $10 are promised a bag of -- you know. No flying monkeys, but a really ugly troll.

Yeah, tempting. Kind of. Although if they start off as awesome as they did here with the crappiness of the bags it could be a winner.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
klezman wrote:Yeah, tempting. Kind of. Although if they start off as awesome as they did here with the crappiness of the bags it could be a winner.

Bags all gone, just the early day access is left.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
MarkDaSpark wrote:Bags all gone, just the early day access is left.

As IF he needs OPM to start a new biz. #FreeMoney #FreePublicity

Must be nice....

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Despite 1-0 loss to Germany, US team advances in World Cup, thanks to superior goal differential compared to Portugal.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
kylemittskus wrote:Starting next week, I'll have three classes.

Also, response to your PM and the party planning coming soon. Trying to figure out camping dates.

Meanwhile, another PM has come your way.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

Grumble...people think it's delightful to set off fireworks half a block away. molarchae is already trying to sleep! Is this when it's time to celebrate the (almost) birth of your country by exploding a small part of it? Sheesh.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 19 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
klezman wrote:Grumble...people think it's delightful to set off fireworks half a block away. molarchae is already trying to sleep! Is this when it's time to celebrate the (almost) birth of your country by exploding a small part of it? Sheesh.

When I was a kid there was a group of tween age boys who set off fireworks in the street practically all summer long. Worst part was that our dog was extremely gun-shy. Whenever he heard a crack of thunder, firecracker, etc (never an actual gun ironically) the dog would take off running. Pretty sure that sometimes they did it on purpose just to see the dog run. Mean kids.

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm

I just noticed this "Come on, wooters, now. Log into this forum. Everybody get together and drink wine with one another, right now." At the top of the Gatherings page. Has it been there all along? Now I'm going to have that tune in my head all day!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
chipgreen wrote:As IF he needs OPM to start a new biz. #FreeMoney #FreePublicity

Must be nice....

Remember old woot, where they mocked us and teased us and treated us like crap and we ate it up and begged for more? Well, that's what I paid for, nostalgia. He's also got another thing in the works where you buy something for the next person that buys something. So you get whatever the person before you bought. Don't think it's live yet, but I dig that idea and may do it once or twice just for S&G.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

cortot20

quality posts: 162 Private Messages cortot20

For those that missed the Sanford and sons 79' cab it's back up on woot plus

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin

Sanford & Benedict 1979 Library Cabernet Sauvignon 2-Pack
Up on plus.
For all the alienated east coasters that snoozed thru it last time.

CT

rjquillin

bahwm wrote:I just noticed this "Come on, wooters, now. Log into this forum. Everybody get together and drink wine with one another, right now." At the top of the Gatherings page. Has it been there all along? Now I'm going to have that tune in my head all day!

Pretty much as long as I can remember; but that's not saying all that much.

CT

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
bahwm wrote:I just noticed this "Come on, wooters, now. Log into this forum. Everybody get together and drink wine with one another, right now." At the top of the Gatherings page. Has it been there all along? Now I'm going to have that tune in my head all day!

Hey! I always liked that song...well back in the day when we were smokin weed

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

rjquillin

I guess this just had to be added

if for no other reason than to kill the earworm.
But wouldn't really be complete lacking how I first heard it.

CT

MarkDaSpark

Must I do everything myself?????

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cortot20

MarkDaSpark wrote:Must I do everything myself?????

Yes.

Merry 1/2 Xmas to all. That means it's time to pull all the frozen fruit cakes out and bless your neighbors.

CT

MarkDaSpark

MarkDaSpark wrote:Must I do everything myself?????

At least Google remembered!!

cortot20

MarkDaSpark wrote:At least Google remembered!!

Happy Birthday to Helen Keller!!!!!

Happy Birthday to Helen Keller!!!!!!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

CT

InFrom

quality posts: 34 Private Messages InFrom
MarkDaSpark wrote:At least Google remembered!!

oh, you mean it's Google's birthday? Happy birthday, Google!

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:

╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★

Where's that unfriend button on Woot? Easy to find on FB.

InFrom

cortot20 wrote:

╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★

Hey, you know who else's birthday it is today? My mom's! She's 92. In pretty good condition, all things considered, though she does have some trouble remembering things. Though I guess that sometimes happens to us as we get older, we forget things...

MarkDaSpark

InFrom wrote:oh, you mean it's Google's birthday? Happy birthday, Google!

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith

Last week, switched from an iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy S5. It's a nice phone, and I'm still getting used to its features/OS. The most annoying part of it is the constant ads in everything. Some games I like to play on iOS, you could buy a version that is ad-free. Not the case with google...

I know that google makes a ton of money off their ads, but when I pay for a phone, and a plan, I'm not paying to get bombarded with ads. Thankfully I have 2 wks to return this thing if I don't like it. I suspect it is going to be returned...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

InFrom

rjquillin wrote:Sanford & Benedict 1979 Library Cabernet Sauvignon 2-Pack
Up on plus.
For all the alienated east coasters that snoozed thru it last time.

All gone!

cortot20

MarkDaSpark wrote:Where's that unfriend button on Woot? Easy to find on FB.

It's not that easy. I'm like the smarta$$ nephew you never wanted.

CT

cortot20

InFrom wrote:Hey, you know who else's birthday it is today? My mom's! She's 92. In pretty good condition, all things considered, though she does have some trouble remembering things. Though I guess that sometimes happens to us as we get older, we forget things...

Please wish her the happiest of birthdays for me!! She also shares a birthday with JJ Abrams which is pretty cool since he is taking the helm of the entire scifi movie genre. Good company.

CT

rjquillin

InFrom wrote:All gone!

It lasted this long!?
Took much restraint to not load up with some more.

CT

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:Last week, switched from an iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy S5. It's a nice phone, and I'm still getting used to its features/OS. The most annoying part of it is the constant ads in everything. Some games I like to play on iOS, you could buy a version that is ad-free. Not the case with google...

I know that google makes a ton of money off their ads, but when I pay for a phone, and a plan, I'm not paying to get bombarded with ads. Thankfully I have 2 wks to return this thing if I don't like it. I suspect it is going to be returned...

That's weird ... all of my game apps (and most of the other apps) all say once you purchase, there are no ads.

I don't think I get any ads for my "paid" apps (Amazon Prime gets you one free app a day).

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:

Did someone hear something?? I thought I heard a buzzing noise, but I guess not.

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
cortot20 wrote:

Happy Birthday to SPARKY!!!!!

Happy Birthday to MARKDASPARK!!!!!!!!

╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

rjquillin

Geeze, not everyone checks FB daily..

Happy Birthday to MarkDaSpark

Happy Birthday to MarkDaSpark

╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆[/quote]

CT

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:

Thank you!!!!

You win a cookie!!

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Geeze, not everyone checks FB daily..

True ... except for the 34 who have so far.

And I did wait until it was almost 9 am (12 noon EDT). Almost half the day was gone!!!

InFrom

MarkDaSpark wrote:Thank you!!!!

You win a cookie!!

We like you! We really like you!

bhodilee

otolith wrote:Last week, switched from an iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy S5. It's a nice phone, and I'm still getting used to its features/OS. The most annoying part of it is the constant ads in everything. Some games I like to play on iOS, you could buy a version that is ad-free. Not the case with google...

So, to clarify, there are NOT paid versions of these apps in the Playstore or you bought the full version and it still had ads?

I can honestly say I think I've bought one app off the Playstore. Generally, if I buy an App I get it off the Amazon Appstore and I can't think of any of my paid apps that have ads. Even the one I did buy from the Playstore is ad free.

The free poopy, yeah, that's gonna have ads. I'd be shocked if there's a free version and not an optional you can buy it version.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

MarkDaSpark

I guess it's all my fault ... I didn't do like last year and create another Sparky's Birthday Week Celebration CyberPub.

I mean, I didn't even post last year's links ... Planning a Birthday Week, Birthday week info #2 in the initial post again!

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:I guess it's all my fault ... I didn't do like last year and create another Sparky's Birthday Week Celebration CyberPub.

I mean, I didn't even post last year's links ... Planning a Birthday Week, Birthday week info #2 in the initial post again!

I prefer it when people just gloss over my birthday entirely. I think I even listed it wrong on Facebook for exactly that purpose.

Nope, it's right, wife must have done that.

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
MarkDaSpark wrote:I guess it's all my fault ... I didn't do like last year and create another Sparky's Birthday Week Celebration CyberPub.

Hey, Birthday-obsessed-guy, are you coming to Denver for the gathering? it's next weekend, you know...

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707

I popped in to say something to someone but now I think I should wait...