MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
chipgreen wrote:

Better?

Much ... especially if we get bowtie thinking he's drunk!!

Edit: Bonus!! Sparkolith!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:dammit, am I drunk already...

Obviously! The cake is a lie!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen

No, you're fine. No, you're fine.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

Already? No. Still.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

Well, yesterday was kind of a bittersweet day. It was officially my last day. I had to turn in my keys. I ended up "volunteering" my time yesterday and part of today, as they have no money to pay me. I wanted to make sure if someone, other than myself, gets the job next year, that the place was ready. Keeping my fingers crossed. If not, I can always keep being a sub.

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith

Happy Birthday to PB and DD!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
otolith wrote:Happy Birthday to PB and DD!

Long day, catching up.
I'll second the HB wishes, and wish PB was touring, but will see DD to deliver some Tut in August.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
kylemittskus wrote:Happy birthday to both if you. Cheers to a great many more.

+1
Hope you gents popped some nice bottles, too.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:Well, yesterday was kind of a bittersweet day. It was officially my last day. I had to turn in my keys. I ended up "volunteering" my time yesterday and part of today, as they have no money to pay me. I wanted to make sure if someone, other than myself, gets the job next year, that the place was ready. Keeping my fingers crossed. If not, I can always keep being a sub.

Good luck!

MarkDaSpark

I take it everyone has problems like this today???

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
joelsisk wrote:Dude looks like a Lady? or was there a different song you were thinking...

Dream On.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
ddeuddeg wrote:Dream On.

I like my answer better

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:I like my answer better

Are you sure that's your answer? Cause on the 5th, I might have to open ...

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:x-post from Deals thread - new Woot VIP offer - http://wine.woot.com/offers/slingshot-napa-valley-cab-sauvignon-6-8?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_campaign=86bdad6f4d-Wine_Woot_Slingshot_VIP6_18_2014&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c5b987b44b-86bdad6f4d-267556455

I really, really need to start reading those emails from Woot.

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:I really, really need to start reading those emails from Woot.

Like you ~really~ need more wine!?

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Like you ~really~ need more wine!?

Are you sure?

Edit: Plus, are you coming to SoCal #34? I have 2 bottles of Haywood Zin with your name on them.

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
otolith wrote:Happy Birthday to PB and DD!

seconded!

MarkDaSpark

If anyone wants to go on the RPM Tour in August, now is the time to speak up!!

Contact RJ or Woop and make a deposit ASAP!

rjquillin

X-pot from the main thread

ScottHarveyWines wrote:I like the Lake County Cab the best of all three. It is from the Red Hills sub appellation. I have been making wine from the vineyard now for almost ten years. It is the Hawk and Horse Vineyard. Go to their website and take a look. The wines from this vineyard show great complexity and structure and have won many awards.
The offer should sell out fast, because there is only 30 cases of the Napa Cab. Although I would not mind if I got three bottles of the Red Hills cab instead.

Just for Kyle, Hawk and Horse VDDD

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

Escrow closed on the old house earlier this week and we recorded today on the new house.

Phew and woohoo!!!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

kylemittskus wrote:Escrow closed on the old house earlier this week and we recorded today on the new house.

Phew and woohoo!!!

Most excellent!
So when do we bring bottles for a proper house warming?

CT

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm
kylemittskus wrote:Escrow closed on the old house earlier this week and we recorded today on the new house.

Phew and woohoo!!!

What means recorded for non-Cali people?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm
rjquillin wrote:Most excellent!
So when do we bring bottles for a proper house warming?

How about Sunday, August 10th? We'll be, kind of nearby.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin

bahwm wrote:What means recorded for non-Cali people?

Deed; County Recorder; officialdom.

CT

MarkDaSpark

Phew and woohoo!!!

Congrats!

rjquillin

bahwm wrote:How about Sunday, August 10th? We'll be, kind of nearby.

how about Saturday, so we have a recovery day before work?

CT

cortot20

quality posts: 162 Private Messages cortot20

Phew and woohoo!!!

Congrats bud. Welcome to the neighborhood.

CT

ddeuddeg

rjquillin wrote:how about Saturday, so we have a recovery day before work?

Who's hosting?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

Phew and woohoo!!!

yea!!!

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
ddeuddeg wrote:Who's hosting?

I'm not next door to Kyle, but I'm more than happy to host when you guys are around. Our spare room is more certainly open. It'd be great if you got to meet tytiger58 and time2testit and their lovely swmbo's.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

ddeuddeg wrote:Who's hosting?

We're working on critical mass to assault Kyle's new digs.
I say we pull out some special bottles.
Not everyday you get to do a housewarming.

CT

ddeuddeg

klezman wrote:I'm not next door to Kyle, but I'm more than happy to host when you guys are around. Our spare room is more certainly open. It'd be great if you got to meet tytiger58 and time2testit and their lovely swmbo's.

Spare room is a wonderful offer, but we couldn't possibly give up the thrill of sleeping on Aunt Alice's sofabed, with the A/C turned off every evening by 9:30.

wkdpanda

quality posts: 11 Private Messages wkdpanda
ddeuddeg wrote:Spare room is a wonderful offer, but we couldn't possibly give up the thrill of sleeping on Aunt Alice's sofabed, with the A/C turned off every evening by 9:30.

Does she open the windows too?

----------------
Andy the Wicked Panda

rjquillin

ddeuddeg wrote:Spare room is a wonderful offer, but we couldn't possibly give up the thrill of sleeping on Aunt Alice's sofabed, with the A/C turned off every evening by 9:30.

Avoid the confines, stay outside on the lawn; if there is any.

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:We're working on critical mass to assault Kyle's new digs.
I say we pull out some special bottles.
Not everyday you get to do a housewarming.

Thunderbird? Boone's Farm? Beringer White Zin!

cortot20

quality posts: 162 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:Thunderbird? Boone's Farm? Beringer White Zin!

Those would be appropriate for my place in Baja glendora (also birdseed to feed the locals ) He's in semi fancy glendora so you want to bring your woot wines in the $15-30 range.

CT

InFrom

quality posts: 34 Private Messages InFrom

Phew and woohoo!!!

Must be quite a relief to have it officially done. Congrats!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Phew and woohoo!!!

Congrats!! And are you packed and moved? Or is that still ahead of you?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Beautiful day today. Low to mid-70's. Nice 50 mile ride this morning. Needed this after the warm days since we are going past four weeks trying to get our AC repaired. Need to talk to the service manager on Monday to determine what the problem has been. They even cancelled us once last week since we were "only a tune up."

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar