MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
polarbear22 wrote:I should have looked. I even thought "I wish they would change the first post." Should have realized that you would. Thanks.

It took me a couple of weeks to realize (i.e. Sat or so) that I should move the OLD info to the bottom and make sure the current info is at the very top! Doh!

Edit: ME!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday. Mawage, that bwessed awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam ... And wuv, tru wuv, will fowow you foweva ... So tweasure your wuv.

Have you the wing?

Man an' wife

Happy Wedding Day to RJ and his blushing Bride!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Congratulations RJ!! Doesn't it feel great to get her to say yes?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
polarbear22 wrote:Congratulations RJ!! Doesn't it feel great to get her to say yes?

Actually not sure it wasn't more the other way around.
Just hoping the paper doesn't appreciably change the past 30 years.

Finally got a few of the pics from the kids.

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
rjquillin wrote:Actually not sure it wasn't more the other way around.

I hope you gave her a big smooch!

MarkDaSpark

She looks really happy there.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

CONGRATS!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:She looks really happy there.

I wasn't given many pics to choose from, and I'm no good at photoshop, but I know someone at woot! that is.
Here, this one's better, and has all three generations of the girls.

Now, can we get back to wine, and/or the tour?

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:I wasn't given many pics to choose from, and I'm no good at photoshop, but I know someone at woot! that is.
Here, this one's better, and has all three generations of the girls.

Now, can we get back to wine, and/or the tour?

No, we're stunned at your formal wear.

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:No, we're stunned at your formal wear.

It's called VACATION!
The girls went shopping, they knew better than to ask me, and I am well dressed.
You ever seen me in anything other than a T-shirt before?

CT

rjquillin

Any suggestions for wineries to visit around Fredericksburg TX?
Or elsewhere...

CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
rjquillin wrote:It's called VACATION!
The girls went shopping, they knew better than to ask me, and I am well dressed.

I have based my whole life around dressing comfortably. Even basically chose my career based on the fact that no one ever saw a Geographer and said, wow, he's dapper.

We're like the Pigpens of the scientific community. Not wanted, frequently unwashed, but secure in the knowledge that we're awesome.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
bhodilee wrote:I have based my whole life around dressing comfortably. Even basically chose my career based on the fact that no one ever saw a Geographer and said, wow, he's dapper.

We're like the Pigpens of the scientific community. Not wanted, frequently unwashed, but secure in the knowledge that we're awesome.

ROFL

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

ThunderThighs

Staff

bhodilee wrote:I have based my whole life around dressing comfortably. Even basically chose my career based on the fact that no one ever saw a Geographer and said, wow, he's dapper.

Here here. I'm the same way. I've always had casual dress jobs. I want to be known for what's in my brain, not on my body.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

rjquillin

yes .this.

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:It's called VACATION!

Actually, that shirt. Hopefully washed since the last time I saw it.

And it's like one of those quizzes .. you know, One of These is Not the Same as the Others?

At least you wore your formal sneakers.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
MarkDaSpark wrote:Actually, that shirt. Hopefully washed since the last time I saw it.

And it's like one of those quizzes .. you know, One of These is Not the Same as the Others?

At least you wore your formal sneakers.

Well the ladies were all dressed nicely for the occasion...

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
cortot20 wrote:I'm glad you are able to bring a little cash in and not get too bored at home. What are you going to do once kid#2 arrives?

Work twice as fast. Or die. Whichever occurs first.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

Oh darn! I waited too long to buy the crossbow on Sport!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:No, we're stunned at your formal wear.

+1 formal wear and a haircut!! super fancy!

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:Oh darn! I waited too long to buy the crossbow on Sport!

Don't worry we all chipped in and got one for you , it seemed like you really needed one.

CT

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:Don't worry we all chipped in and got one for you , it seemed like you really needed one.

You remembered!!! I'll look forward to getting it on my birthday.

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

TT, you haz PM.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

ThunderThighs

Staff

JOATMON wrote:TT, you haz PM.

JT, I haz answered PM.

PS: Y'all have a good weekend. See ya Monday.

FORUM MODERATOR

MarkDaSpark

Is anyone else having problems with Woot? It's gone crazy with pop-up ads all of a sudden.

And I got a Visitor Survey, that was supposed to be 30 seconds (about 10 questions), but it's gone berserk and now says 110 questions and keeps repeating the last 5 questions.

rjquillin

Seemed really non-responsive an hour or so ago, till I rebooted the iPad. Don't know if it was the pad or the cell reception on the freeway.

No ads
No surveys

MarkDaSpark wrote:Is anyone else having problems with Woot? It's gone crazy with pop-up ads all of a sudden.

And I got a Visitor Survey, that was supposed to be 30 seconds (about 10 questions), but it's gone berserk and now says 110 questions and keeps repeating the last 5 questions.

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Seemed really non-responsive an hour or so ago, till I rebooted the iPad. Don't know if it was the pad or the cell reception on the freeway.

No ads
No surveys

Got AdBlocker blocking them now. It may have been blocking them before, and a game install might have interrupted it.

No new depositees?

gregorylane

quality posts: 15 Private Messages gregorylane

Hi kids!
I don't want to "bring down the pub", but all 3 of the Rutherford hill cooked. I'm done. Tell David he lost another.
$100 in friggin real bucks in wine with no recourse? B**lSh*t. You guys are cool...this site, no class!

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:No new depositees?

Not since the last PM.

Thinking about opening up to those outside the first 43 an equal number of slots to those that are not in italics on a first-deposit-received-first-confirmed plan.
Just need to verify with rpm and woopdedo.
I think that opens up another 15 potential tourists.

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Not since the last PM.

Thinking about opening up to those outside the first 43 an equal number of slots to those that are not in italics on a first-deposit-received-first-confirmed plan.

I think we can wait until Monday because I believe there are those that will know by then.

Especially since they were so late (June 6) with the Deposit info.

Edit: Plus, I'm not sure I italicized everyone correctly. And Aces probably won't confirm unless her +1 can go.

Edit2: There's also some that have hotel reservations already, but need to coordinate everything else first as well.

Edit 3: You also can't use the full 15 because there were 5 drops in the last 2 days. Not everyone at the bottom has necessarily had a chance to see that they are now in the top 42 yet!

There are 4 that are new (with Aces waiting to see about her +1) and 2 more that I know have reservations.

MarkDaSpark

gregorylane wrote:Hi kids!
I don't want to "bring down the pub", but all 3 of the Rutherford hill cooked. I'm done. Tell David he lost another.
$100 in friggin real bucks in wine with no recourse? B**lSh*t. You guys are cool...this site, no class!

PM him ... it's probably Customer Service being pinheads.

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20
gregorylane wrote:Hi kids!

If CS isn't helping and WD doesn't help have your CC dispute the charge. It usually wakes up finance real quick when they don't get paid.

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Not since the last PM.

So you'd kick Aces off the group, but add her +1 on?

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:JT, I haz answered PM.

PS: Y'all have a good weekend. See ya Monday.

Fine. Leave us in our desperate time of need. Ads going willy-nilly all around.

gregorylane

cortot20 wrote:If CS isn't helping and WD doesn't help have your CC dispute the charge. It usually wakes up finance real quick when they don't get paid.

Why do I have to try to get "good" service? I have had the only 2 orders this year be cra*. WD owes me a little loyalty at least. Perhaps a "What's up?" HE said he would look into it. He didn't. Good on ya people for sticking with who brought ya, but if I don't get what I paid for, sent to me... I AM OUT!

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

gregorylane

MarkDaSpark wrote:PM him ... it's probably Customer Service being pinheads.

OK Sparks, I will. Betcha nothing comes of it...

rpm-2012

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
gregorylane wrote:OK Sparks, I will. Betcha nothing comes of it...

Maybe you will get a wine-bottle sweater and a t-shirt that doesn't fit too!

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

gregorylane

North316 wrote:Maybe you will get a wine-bottle sweater and a t-shirt that doesn't fit too!

Yay!
Not.
Any time Bowtie...

rpm-2012

MarkDaSpark

Kings Win!!! Kings Win!!!!

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:So you'd kick Aces off the group, but add her +1 on?

It was late.
I was tired.
I was watching the Kings.
It was after the Guigal.

I wasn't looking at the potential list,
just the non-bold, non-italic folks we've not yet heard from, excepting the initial interest post that got them their number.

Seriously tho,
It was initially suggested we get this done in a week; that just didn't seem practical for those without large cash reserves that just made a rent or house payment and weren't going to see another infusion for a week or two.

I was rather hopeful we'd be a bit further along than we are however.
So after Monday it will likely open up to some on the waiting list.

There are a lot of logistics digesting in the background regarding group size, and at 43+ this is large.

CT