dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

TT, it is called Plackers Grind No More.

There has been a $5 coupon in the package, so I usually broke into the box in the store. Not totally sure they still do that.

It looks like Amazon is cheaper than the drug store.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
jqubed wrote:Afternoon folks. I saw Edge of Tomorrow this weekend. I was impressed; it was a very well-done movie. If you're inviting people to the movie, though, be sure to specify what day you're inviting them for. Half the people I invited to see it on Saturday responded thinking I was inviting them to see it on Sunday.

what you typed: "let's go see 'edge of tomorrow!'"

what they remember: "let's go see 'edge of...' tomorrow!"

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
no1 wrote:what you typed: "let's go see 'edge of tomorrow!'"

what they remember: "let's go see 'edge of...' tomorrow!"

More specifically, about 3pm I wrote "I know this is short notice but we're going to see Edge of Tomorrow at 4:45 if you want to come" but anyone with an iPhone had "Tomorrow at 4:45" turned into a link to create an appointment for tomorrow at 4:45. Or in the case of my sister, the line break put "Tomorrow at 4:45" onto a new line so it looked like the time. People said they did wonder why telling them about a movie tomorrow was short notice, but I guess they didn't think about it enough.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Morning.

Mom day.

That is all.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jqubed

Afternoon.

Broadcasting.

That is all.

Skye — 1997-2007

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jqubed wrote:Afternoon.

Broadcasting.

That is all.

Anyway we can see?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Mavyn wrote:Slightly less hi-tech than sarcasm detection.

And, no more baby robins. They left last night.

Really neat picture, Mayvn.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady

I know he's probably busy, but Cruzer should have put some baby pictures here.

dougall

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall
pooflady wrote:Really neat picture, Mayvn.

You should ask her for cuttlefish pictures.. ;)

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I know he's probably busy, but Cruzer should have put some baby pictures here.

You'll just have to settle for facebook.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:You'll just have to settle for facebook.

Yeah, pictures probably wouldn't be appropriate here, but he could have made the announcement.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
dougall wrote:You should ask her for cuttlefish pictures.. ;)

Hippo butt?

I didn't get any good shots of the cuttlefish. :/ Best is this, after a lot of cleanup...

Meep!

Or there's this girl...

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

Okay I work in a "professional office" with swipe badges to enter and everything.

Current conversation here right now is that it looks like someone pooped in the hallway because he/she couldn't make it to the bathroom.

An investigative party is going out to check it out right now.

Some say it's a practical joke. Some wonder if an animal did it.
Some say it smells.

Apparently the "deposit" is on the route/path we must take for an "all hands" meeting in an hour.

And I thought today would be boring!

Mavyn

kenney9226 wrote:Okay I work in a "professional office" with swipe badges to enter and everything.

Current conversation here right now is that it looks like someone pooped in the hallway because he/she couldn't make it to the bathroom.

Some say it smells.

Apparently the "deposit" is on the route/path we must take for an "all hands" meeting in an hour.

An new, updated poop report!

pooflady

kenney9226 wrote:Okay I work in a "professional office" with swipe badges to enter and everything.

Some say it smells.

Hoping for a follow-up report.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

As for poop reports....Rusty went out, but I haven't checked.

Will have to look around the yard.

Need to walk around the corner to see how the house putting on a second floor is doing.
They were taking the roof off yesterday. A day where there may be rain any time! It might rain anytime this week. Not a good day to be without a roof!

Of course, Rusty didn't notice.
UPS trucks, Fed Ex trucks, mail man, little old asian ladies with a stroller, assorted wildlife (cat, squirrel, raccoon) Those are worthy of barking!
A house that someone is taking the entire roof off, not even worthy of looking at!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

This is an ugly day. Rain and wind and humidity. Can't go out anyway, stubbed my toe in PA, I believe it's broken. Black at the base of three toes. Shoes are not an option.

kenney9226

POOPDATE:

After overhearing conversations between reliable sources who either personally investigated it themselves or spoke with those who did, it appears the facts are as follows:

1) it was definitely a man, as pile #1 of the #2 was found nearer the men's room on the first floor.

2) There was also evidence of explosive diarrhea in the first floor men's room.

3) Additional evidence of said explosive diarrhea was located in the second floor men's room.

4) The generally accepted timeline is thus as follows: Man arrives at work very early, can't quite make it to the first floor men's room in time, messes the floor outside and inside the men'e room, cleans up and goes to work on the second floor, only to have round 2 later on so he messes up the second floor men's room as well. Afterwards, he surrenders and goes home.

Fun insight: "Chuck" overheard this story and added, "I believe it. I have seen it happen before with my own eyes!" And then he shared his story of a time he was at a "town hall" style meeting and saw a woman in a dress walking awkwardly and groaning, leaving a trail of poop behind her as she slowly walked across the lobby.

I'm going to have a great story to share tonight at dinner!

Thank you and goodnight!

Mavyn

Reminds me of this story.

pooflady

We need more news like this on PWA. Firsthand accounts of something unusual.

no1

kenney9226 wrote:POOPDATE:

After overhearing conversations between reliable sources who either personally investigated it themselves or spoke with those who did, it appears the facts are as follows:

1) it was definitely a man, as pile #1 of the #2 was found nearer the men's room on the first floor.

3) Additional evidence of said explosive diarrhea was located in the second floor men's room.

4) The generally accepted timeline is thus as follows: Man arrives at work very early, can't quite make it to the first floor men's room in time, messes the floor outside and inside the men'e room, cleans up and goes to work on the second floor

... does he have a spare pair of pants in his office or something? cuz that's not something easily cleaned up in a men's room.

Mavyn

no1 wrote:... does he have a spare pair of pants in his office or something? cuz that's not something easily cleaned up in a men's room.

Kilt.

kenney9226

no1 wrote:... does he have a spare pair of pants in his office or something? cuz that's not something easily cleaned up in a men's room.

Good question. I will see if I can casually inquire as to whether or not any fouled underpants were found in either men's room.

no1

now imma wondering if kenney left a bowl of those haribo sugar free gummi bears in the break room.

kenney9226

no1 wrote:now imma wondering if kenney left a bowl of those haribo sugar free gummi bears in the break room.

Oh, more details:

"Lou" gets here earlier than most and reports that he saw a man come out of an office door and discreetly place a square post-it note on the tile floor at the several spots where the poop was tracked.

Apparently, this mystery worker stepped in the poop and tracked it out the men's room.

Our cleaning ladies report that this happens more often than you'd think!

no1

kenney9226 wrote:Oh, more details:

"Lou" gets here earlier than most and reports that he saw a man come out of an office door and discreetly place a square post-it note on the tile floor at the several spots where the poop was tracked.

Apparently, this mystery worker stepped in the poop and tracked it out the men's room.

Our cleaning ladies report that this happens more often than you'd think!

is that guy the p00p source or just an innocent stepper-onner?

kenney9226

no1 wrote:is that guy the p00p source or just an innocent stepper-onner?

"Lou" was merely a witness, which is surprising because honestly, he looks like Mr. Magoo when he takes off his glasses!

jqubed

dontwantaname wrote:Anyway we can see?

No, just a local story.

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

kenney9226 wrote:POOPDATE:

4) The generally accepted timeline is thus as follows: Man arrives at work very early, can't quite make it to the first floor men's room in time, messes the floor outside and inside the men'e room, cleans up and goes to work on the second floor, only to have round 2 later on so he messes up the second floor men's room as well. Afterwards, he surrenders and goes home.

Fun insight: "Chuck" overheard this story and added, "I believe it. I have seen it happen before with my own eyes!" And then he shared his story of a time he was at a "town hall" style meeting and saw a woman in a dress walking awkwardly and groaning, leaving a trail of poop behind her as she slowly walked across the lobby.

I'm going to have a great story to share tonight at dinner!

Thank you and goodnight!

hahahahahaewewewewewhahahahahaewewewewew

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

It's pretty hot today; forecast high of 95. Sweating like a pig outside after only 15 minutes (do pigs really sweat??). I think I'm going to need to start wearing sunscreen, too. My arms are uncomfortably close to the shade of red on my shirt.

Skye — 1997-2007

Mavyn

jqubed wrote:It's pretty hot today; forecast high of 95. Sweating like a pig outside after only 15 minutes (do pigs really sweat??). I think I'm going to need to start wearing sunscreen, too. My arms are uncomfortably close to the shade of red on my shirt.

These are not the pigs you're looking for.

My only other contribution: when we were at the aquarium, one of the hippos took a poo. Underwater. The children were enthralled, and there is photographic evidence.

I don't have any with me, but it exists.

And from the sound of it, the hippo was tidier than the mystery pooper.

jqubed

Mavyn wrote: These are not the pigs you're looking for.

I think this commenter makes a valid point that the explanation doesn't actually make sense. For the pig iron to start having water condense on it, it would need to be getting colder than the surrounding air, and if they're just letting it cool in the air that's simply not going to happen. For condensation to occur, the object needs to be colder than not only the surrounding air but also the dew point. Unless it was extremely humid, like 90% humidity, the metal would have to be getting pretty darn cold (like an ice cold beverage). This guy's comment is maybe right, that it comes from when a pig is being roasted, or maybe it's just a nonsense phrase?

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

Mavyn wrote:My only other contribution: when we were at the aquarium, one of the hippos took a poo. Underwater. The children were enthralled, and there is photographic evidence.

I don't have any with me, but it exists.

And from the sound of it, the hippo was tidier than the mystery pooper.

That's an exciting day! And also why I avoid swimming too much in bodies of water that animals frequent.

Skye — 1997-2007

Mavyn

jqubed wrote:I think this commenter makes a valid point that the explanation doesn't actually make sense. For the pig iron to start having water condense on it, it would need to be getting colder than the surrounding air, and if they're just letting it cool in the air that's simply not going to happen. For condensation to occur, the object needs to be colder than not only the surrounding air but also the dew point. Unless it was extremely humid, like 90% humidity, the metal would have to be getting pretty darn cold (like an ice cold beverage). This guy's comment is maybe right, that it comes from when a pig is being roasted, or maybe it's just a nonsense phrase?

A pig being roasted doesn't form droplets on it either. The dew point can be equal to the surrounding air temp, doesn't have to be lower. You can search--I've yet to find any other explanation.

no1

Mavyn wrote:A pig being roasted doesn't form droplets on it either. The dew point can be equal to the surrounding air temp, doesn't have to be lower. You can search--I've yet to find any other explanation.

here's another explanation: the phrase was introduced into human language by time-traveling starfleet historians. makes just as much sense and has as much supporting evidence (i.e., viewable on the internet)

no1

i did see a couple of other explanations for "sweating like a pig"

1. people are stupid and don't realise that pigs don't sweat, so they assume a largish animal like a pig would sweat a lot

2. "sweating like a pig" is just following the model of the phrase "bleeding like a stuck pig"

hot72chev

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev

Wow. I had a really long, rotten day at work, and thought I was just too tired to check PWA tonight. Am I glad I checked in!

1. I laughed until I cried at the P00P discussion.

2. I always say "sweating like a w h o r e in church" or "sweating like a rented mule".

3. Pooflady - ouch! I had an unfortunate incident with a shopping cart and my big left toe a few months back. Not fun. Soaking in Epsom salts made it worse and I do not recommend it.

That is all, except a "Thanks" to all for the smiles!

pooflady

Calling No1. On the Old Wooter thread someone found #4. Can you find 1 or 2? I'm pretty sure Snapster posted once that he wasn't 1, I think it was either DaveBug or Luke Duff.

no1

pooflady wrote:Calling No1. On the Old Wooter thread someone found #4. Can you find 1 or 2? I'm pretty sure Snapster posted once that he wasn't 1, I think it was either DaveBug or Luke Duff.

i don't think there are any accounts associated with 1 or 2. snapster is #5.

edit: dave bug is #47. luke duff is #1568. bigd is #23.