rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

Visiting Dallas area from today thru next Wednesday.

Any wooters in the area?

TT?

CT

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

rjquillin wrote:Visiting Dallas area from today thru next Wednesday.

Any wooters in the area?

TT?

Yep, I work in Carrolton obviously. Can't meet today but can this weekend or any evening.

You wanting a tour?

PS: Joatmon, PM

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
bhodilee wrote:These storms are bordering on biblical. My family farm is trashed, there's flooding everywhere and there's a lot more rain on the way!

Meanwhile at my house, not so bad. Yet...

We didn't get hit so bad here in South Dakota, but I'm trying to get some trains through Nebraska (for work, obviously) and the railroads are basically laughing at me. Seems a train got tipped over (thankfully not one of ours) and everything's a mess down there. I saw photos of the hail - that was quite a storm.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
ThunderThighs wrote:PS: Joatmon, PM

Sorry I'm late. I was travelling home from a quick business trip. Answered.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

rjquillin

ThunderThighs wrote:Yep, I work in Carrolton obviously. Can't meet today but can this weekend or any evening.

You wanting a tour?

That's pretty close to Southlake, no?
Yeah, a tour would be great!

CT

ThunderThighs

Staff

rjquillin wrote:That's pretty close to Southlake, no?
Yeah, a tour would be great!

Ehhhhhh, by Texas standards, yes but it's probably a 20-25 minute drive.

PM me a day/time. I'll have to get one of my coworkers to help since I can't get into all areas.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk
MarkDaSpark wrote:mmmmm, Bacon

Edit: Did I mention they have Bacon Salt?

feel free to bring Bacon Salt to the tasting at my house... it's certified Kosher!

rjquillin

ThunderThighs wrote:Ehhhhhh, by Texas standards, yes but it's probably a 20-25 minute drive.

PM me a day/time. I'll have to get one of my coworkers to help since I can't get into all areas.

ha!
The cellar or the server farm?

Graduation happening,
Will pm when I know.

Address?
Tnx

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ThunderThighs wrote:Ehhhhhh, by Texas standards, yes but it's probably a 20-25 minute drive.

Seriously? 20-25 minute drive is nothing in LA.

And one of these days, I'll make it out there!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:feel free to bring Bacon Salt to the tasting at my house... it's certified Kosher!

Buy your own!!!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ThunderThighs

Staff

rjquillin wrote:ha!
The cellar or the server farm?

Graduation happening,
Will pm when I know.

Address?
Tnx

PM

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
bhodilee wrote:Eh, it's all skirting north of my place. My dad's house is pretty trashed though. Siding on two sides gone, windows busted out, vehicles just trashed. Baseball hail does that. We had it a few years ago but it was sporadic, theirs was heavy.

wow.... baseball size hail!!!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
mommadeb1 wrote:wow.... baseball size hail!!!

We had it five years ago here. It's crazy, and when it hits the street it doesn't shatter, it compresses like a hockey puck.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mommadeb1

bhodilee wrote:We had it five years ago here. It's crazy, and when it hits the street it doesn't shatter, it compresses like a hockey puck.

I know it's destructive...but it sounds kinda cool... glad you are ok

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
rjquillin wrote:Visiting Dallas area from today thru next Wednesday.

Any wooters in the area?

TT?

The Ublinks are in that general area, IIRC.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

chipgreen

quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen
ddeuddeg wrote:The Ublinks are in that general area, IIRC.

Spotted along with the UBlinks in a Jan '14 Dallas gathering thread; cellochick, zmanonice, JustPlainJulie and MichaelWB.

MarkDaSpark

Why bother having a Computers! page if you are going to keep putting them on the Woot! page?

It's so aggravating when they do that (and put Wine! stuff up on Home! or Woot! as well)!

MarkDaSpark

chipgreen wrote:Spotted along with the UBlinks in a Jan '14 Dallas gathering thread; cellochick, zmanonice, JustPlainJulie and MichaelWB.

And perhaps he can ask the Ubliinks and zmanonice to check in on the RPM Tour thread?

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:Why bother having a Computers! page if you are going to keep putting them on the Woot! page?

It's so aggravating when they do that (and put Wine! stuff up on Home! or Woot! as well)!

The philosophy is that the woot home page is reserved for the best deal across all sites. And home woot is perfect for all the non wine stuff that we see here in Thursdays. I'm not sure what you are complaining about.

CT

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:The philosophy is that the woot home page is reserved for the best deal across all sites. And home woot is perfect for all the non wine stuff that we see here in Thursdays. I'm not sure what you are complaining about.

Wine.Woot Plus offers, duh!

Plus it seems that the Woot! page always has too many Plus offers on it.

Edit: Really? Best deal? I've yet to see anything on Woot! that wasn't the same price on the other pages, except for Sellout!, since that's the last place they go.

Edit2: And you can kiss tasting those older PS's away.

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:Why bother having a Computers! page if you are going to keep putting them on the Woot! page?

Woot is not a category. We put the best deals of the day on Woot.

Home includes kitchen and tabletop stuff. That includes wine glasses, wine openers, and other barware.

WD sources ALL sales for Wine.Woot. He puts up things he thinks you guys will like.

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Woot is not a category. We put the best deals of the day on Woot.

Home includes kitchen and tabletop stuff. That includes wine glasses, wine openers, and other barware.

WD sources ALL sales for Wine.Woot. He puts up things he thinks you guys will like.

Again, how can it be the best deal when it's the same price every where on Woot! sites??

I could understand if it's a special one time offer, but it's the same price!

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:Again, how can it be the best deal when it's the same price every where on Woot! sites??

Just because the price doesn't change doesn't mean it's not a good deal.

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:Again, how can it be the best deal when it's the same price every where on Woot! sites??

Well, that does it. Goodbye woot! Sparky finally made too much sense and drove me to another online retailer. Good luck in all your future endeavors.

CT

ThunderThighs

Staff

cortot20 wrote:Well, that does it. Goodbye woot! Sparky finally made too much sense and drove me to another online retailer. Good luck in all your future endeavors.

Walmart?

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
cortot20 wrote:Well, that does it. Goodbye woot! Sparky finally made too much sense and drove me to another online retailer. Good luck in all your future endeavors.

Welcome aboard. Life on the other side is full of a lot less stuff you didn't really need in the first place.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

rjquillin

Tough crowd this evening..

CT

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
ThunderThighs wrote:Just because the price doesn't change doesn't mean it's not a good deal.

Right! It just means the other deals on Woot are piss-poor on that particular day!

(Not really any better a message)

ThunderThighs

Staff

rjquillin wrote:Tough crowd this evening..

And this morning.

ThunderThighs

Staff

RJ has been toured.

rjquillin

ThunderThighs wrote:RJ has been toured.

...and totally given the RCT!
Unexpected and greatly appreciated.
One of the graduates is nicknamed monkey, and she'll now have a screamer.

And I got to meet the photo wizardress in her lair as well.

Pretty impressive what the group of folks here accomplish with the staff they have.

Thanks all!

CT

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:Nope, the next weekend on the 12th.

$100 for couples plus a signed magnum. $50 for individuals with a signed Reserve bottle. Discounts for Wine Club members.

I gave up trying to resist this party. Room and car booked. Still have to jiggle flights. If you're interested, you'll have to sign up soon. Carla said yesterday that it's about 90% booked.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

rjquillin

ddeuddeg wrote:I gave up trying to resist this party. Room and car booked. Still have to jiggle flights. If you're interested, you'll have to sign up soon. Carla said yesterday that it's about 90% booked.

Scott's party?

CT

ddeuddeg

rjquillin wrote:Scott's party?

Scott Harvey Wines 10th anniversary party. Email invite on its way to you.

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:...and totally given the RCT!
Unexpected and greatly appreciated.
One of the graduates is nicknamed monkey, and she'll now have a screamer.

And I got to meet the photo wizardress in her lair as well.

Pretty impressive what the group of folks here accomplish with the staff they have.

Thanks all!

sounds like fun!!

mommadeb1

ddeuddeg wrote:I gave up trying to resist this party. Room and car booked. Still have to jiggle flights. If you're interested, you'll have to sign up soon. Carla said yesterday that it's about 90% booked.

I wish I could go!!!!

ddeuddeg

mommadeb1 wrote:I wish I could go!!!!

It helps a lot that we could attach it to the end of our Denver trip.

mommadeb1

ddeuddeg wrote:It helps a lot that we could attach it to the end of our Denver trip.

I have silly family obligations!!!

rjquillin

ddeuddeg wrote:Scott Harvey Wines 10th anniversary party. Email invite on its way to you.

That's what I thought. Darn, just too close, but not close enough, to the rpm tour.

CT