MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bhodilee wrote:BLASPHEMER!

I think it's that time of the month for him ... he's been persnickety in the RPM Tour thread.

Edit: Oooh! Sparkolith!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

You mean it isn't "Big Old Carolina", but "big old Jet Airliner"?

9 Song lyrics we get wrong

Songs kids get wrong

And not alone on the Steve Miller song ... "friend's little brother used to sing "Big ol' Jed had a rhino. . " instead of "Big old jet airliner"."

The Archive of Misheard Lyrics, aka Mondegreens

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

already ready for today to be over. Very tired, very bored, yawn.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Winery in the thread.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Winery in the thread.

That's nice.

Now if the winery could just fix the glitch when there's large graphics (or a lot of small ones) in the thread, and refreshing doesn't put you where you were (or clicking on on "last post" either).

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:That's nice.

Now if the winery could just fix the glitch when there's large graphics (or a lot of small ones) in the thread, and refreshing doesn't put you where you were (or clicking on on "last post" either).

That's a product of the browser loading images, not us.

We cache all images on our own server to speed up page loading.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

sitting here thinking about all I need to be doing.... and totally not motivated as it is raining so hard, I can barely see the end of my driveway (650ft).. rainy weather always makes me so tired.....

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
mommadeb1 wrote:sitting here thinking about all I need to be doing.... and totally not motivated as it is raining so hard, I can barely see the end of my driveway (650ft).. rainy weather always makes me so tired.....

Send rain.
We have fires to put out, and reservoirs to fill.

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
rjquillin wrote:Send rain.

Word.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
mommadeb1 wrote:sitting here thinking about all I need to be doing.... and totally not motivated as it is raining so hard, I can barely see the end of my driveway (650ft).. rainy weather always makes me so tired.....

Understand your point. But not sure I can see 650 ft. in clear weather.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 19 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

We got a little over 2 inches on Sunday. Put a serious dent in my Mother's Day plan to spend some quality time with a certain chaise lounge by the pool.

pseudogourmet98

Imagine how tired you would be if you lived somewhere that 650 ft driveway could be filled with snow instead of rain!

MarkDaSpark

+2

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
MarkDaSpark wrote:+2

+3

...and boy do power poles grow fast in Florida.... must be the amount of rain that helps them spring up so quickly.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

Happy Birthday to gregorylane!!

Happy Birthday to gregorylane!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Question for the air travelers. We're going to go on a flight this summer. I'm thinking of my wife and I flying in first class, and the kids, age 9&12, in coach. I tend to have anxiety around flying, and it is much less when I don't have to wait in line so long to get on the plane, or through TSA. We'd have the kids in economy comfort, so they'd be able to board at the same time.

Thoughts? I'm inclined to do it since they are old enough and fly well.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
otolith wrote:Question for the air travelers. We're going to go on a flight this summer. I'm thinking of my wife and I flying in first class, and the kids, age 9&12, in coach. I tend to have anxiety around flying, and it is much less when I don't have to wait in line so long to get on the plane, or through TSA. We'd have the kids in economy comfort, so they'd be able to board at the same time.

Thoughts? I'm inclined to do it since they are old enough and fly well.

As someone with well over a million flight miles, I'm not sure what the question really is?

Also, depending on which airline you fly, it is WAAAAAYYY cheaper to book an economy ticket and buy the upgrade on confirmation than to book an actual first class seat. Of course, you'd need to check if there was FC availability regardless.

Did you finalize your destination?

otolith

joelsisk wrote:As someone with well over a million flight miles, I'm not sure what the question really is?

Also, depending on which airline you fly, it is WAAAAAYYY cheaper to book an economy ticket and buy the upgrade on confirmation than to book an actual first class seat. Of course, you'd need to check if there was FC availability regardless.

Did you finalize your destination?

So, you wouldn't have a problem flying first and kids in coach? Glad to know I wouldn't be the only one who thought to do this...

This is a different destination, than what we've discussed. Still haven't made up our mind about that...

Looked at upgrading to first after buying coach, and it was the same price. Ticket price jumped now, since it is in the afternoon, so will probably buy in the am.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith

Happy Birthday, gregorylane!!

--John Muir

joelsisk

otolith wrote:So, you wouldn't have a problem flying first and kids in coach? Glad to know I wouldn't be the only one who thought to do this...

It's really not that different than any other time you have to sit a few rows away from the kids... so long as your kids won't keep running up to you in First and annoying all the other passengers, NBD.

This is a different destination, than what we've discussed. Still haven't made up our mind about that...

Check your PMs and just keep me informed

Looked at upgrading to first after buying coach, and it was the same price. Ticket price jumped now, since it is in the afternoon, so will probably buy in the am.

Yeah, technically it's not "upgrading" the ticket. On low (business) volume flights many airlines will offer you "upgrade to first" at the same time they offer more legroom, priority boarding, or any of a hundred other "extras" during the purchase. IF they offer, it can be a steal. As for instance, I just went to NYC from Denver on about 12 days notice. Price for a Frist class seat was ~$1200. Price for my cattle class seat was $210. Even before finalizing my seat purchase, the first class offer was to pay ~$350. It just depends on the airline, historical loading factors for that flight, how close to departure date, etc. Of course, this is only possible on the airline website, not other agencies.

Enjoy your vacation!

mommadeb1

wish I could! It is supposed to rain the next few days. We just had another wicked round of rain, more to follow.... tons of lightning. Around us, This is more like our june weather.

mommadeb1

pseudogourmet98 wrote:Imagine how tired you would be if you lived somewhere that 650 ft driveway could be filled with snow instead of rain!

there is a reason we live where we do... couldn't imagine having to deal with snow!!

mommadeb1

ok, I am in a sarcastic mood, ..just watched a news story about kids being left in cars during the summer. One mother says she taught her children what to do if they are left in a car... they are to get to the front seat and honk the horn until someone comes for them... my question is why didn't she teach them how to unlock and open the car door? they appeared to be 4+..... ok sarcasm over....

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Happy Birthday to gregorylane!!

Happy Birthday to gregorylane!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

+1

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
mommadeb1 wrote:ok, I am in a sarcastic mood, ..just watched a news story about kids being left in cars during the summer. One mother says she taught her children what to do if they are left in a car... they are to get to the front seat and honk the horn until someone comes for them... my question is why didn't she teach them how to unlock and open the car door? they appeared to be 4+..... ok sarcasm over....

None of that makes sense. Who else would be leaving them in the car but the mother?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

joelsisk

North316 wrote:None of that makes sense. Who else would be leaving them in the car but the mother?

the kids get left in the car, they ought to be in their carseats.... my 4 year old can't push the release button hard enough to open her carseat harness.

MarkDaSpark

North316 wrote:None of that makes sense. Who else would be leaving them in the car but the mother?

I understand that in certain areas, families will make arrangements with other families to share driving duties, aka "carpool" their kids to school, events, etc. picking up and dropping the kids off.

At least that's what I've heard, anyway.

mommadeb1

we have had a rash of day car workers as well as parents who are so busy, they forget their kids in the car.. and sadly a bunch of the kids don't survive....

edit: Mine son and his tech team, designed last year, a device that would alert the parents if they left their car and the child was left. The strange thing is, the design was so good, they had the judges telling them to patent it. They did a patent search, only to find out some company (I, don't remember which) had designed something similar.....

mommadeb1

joelsisk wrote:the kids get left in the car, they ought to be in their carseats.... my 4 year old can't push the release button hard enough to open her carseat harness.

your lucky, mine were able to get out of their seats when they were that age.......

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Sobriety is overrated.

And with that, I relinquish the keyboard and no more posting tonight.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

chipgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages chipgreen
mommadeb1 wrote:we have had a rash of day car workers as well as parents who are so busy, they forget their kids in the car.. and sadly a bunch of the kids don't survive....

edit: Mine son and his tech team, designed last year, a device that would alert the parents if they left their car and the child was left. The strange thing is, the design was so good, they had the judges telling them to patent it. They did a patent search, only to find out some company (I, don't remember which) had designed something similar.....

Which one is your son, again... Phineas or Ferb?

chipgreen

mommadeb1 wrote:there is a reason we live where we do... couldn't imagine having to deal with snow!!

We have the best of both worlds here in the Lake Erie snow belt. We get our fair share of rain and the occasional flash flood, like the one 2 days ago that trapped local FOX-8 weatherman, 83 year old D.i.c.k Goddard, in his car with water that rose up to his neck.

Here he is before being rescued, with the water still around shoulder level.

bhodilee

polarbear22 wrote:Sobriety is overrated.

And with that, I relinquish the keyboard and no more posting tonight.

it's baloney is what it is. I work SOOOO much better when I'm drunk. I'm also wittier, more handsome, and nearly invulnerable. Garden Gnomes being my only weakness.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:it's baloney is what it is. I work SOOOO much better when I'm drunk. I'm also wittier, more handsome, and nearly invulnerable. Garden Gnomes being my only weakness.

Do Travelocity Gnomes count?

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
chipgreen wrote:We have the best of both worlds here in the Lake Erie snow belt. We get our fair share of rain and the occasional flash flood, like the one 2 days ago that trapped local FOX-8 weatherman, 83 year old D.i.c.k Goddard, in his car with water that rose up to his neck.

I've heard the legends of Goddard from my wife and her family...this only adds to them. I will have to be sure to share it with her tonight.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

chipgreen

North316 wrote:I've heard the legends of Goddard from my wife and her family...this only adds to them. I will have to be sure to share it with her tonight.

One of his favorite catch-phrases over the years has been "Don't drown, turn around".

#Ironic

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin

Solar PV is sweet!
Mercury expected to touch 40C.
The FAU running full-tilt-boogie cooling off the domicile.
And ~still~ I'm punching electrons back into the grid!

Annual true-up billing arrived this week.
Credit balance!
Paid zero utility last year.

CT

pseudogourmet98

chipgreen wrote:We have the best of both worlds here in the Lake Erie snow belt. We get our fair share of rain and the occasional flash flood, like the one 2 days ago that trapped local FOX-8 weatherman, 83 year old D.i.c.k Goddard, in his car with water that rose up to his neck.

Goddard was the weatherman when I was a kid in Ohio, a loooong time ago. Does he still do the Woolley Bear Festival in Vermillion? I marched in that parade probably 4 or 5 times in the 70's.

chipgreen

pseudogourmet98 wrote:Goddard was the weatherman when I was a kid in Ohio, a loooong time ago. Does he still do the Woolley Bear Festival in Vermillion? I marched in that parade probably 4 or 5 times in the 70's.

Yes, he's still at Channel 8 and he still does the Woolly Bear Festival.

bhodilee

rjquillin wrote:Solar PV is sweet!
Mercury expected to touch 40C.
The FAU running full-tilt-boogie cooling off the domicile.
And ~still~ I'm punching electrons back into the grid!

Annual true-up billing arrived this week.
Credit balance!
Paid zero utility last year.

DID YOU SEE THE SOLAR STREETS???

That's way cool