bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
MarkDaSpark wrote:Both are better than broccoli, brussel sprouts, and asparagus!!

I love all of those

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
bhodilee wrote:I love all of those

but even those don't do all that well with saké

CT

bhodilee

rjquillin wrote:but even those don't do all that well with saké

drink it after, problem solved

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk
bhodilee wrote:drink it after, problem solved

saketini? or sake smoothie?

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bahwm wrote:Aw, geez! Asparagus, too? Do you like ANY veggies?

Corn, Peas (Green & Black-Eyed), Cilantro, Avocado, Tomato (it's a fruit AND a vegetable! ), lettuce, onion, garlic, cucumbers potato, etc.

Oh, forgot to add Cauliflower to the Do Not Eat list ...

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:I love all of those

Great! I'll pass them to you.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Son of a ... one of my favorite British actors ...

Bob Hoskins dies at 71

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
MarkDaSpark wrote:They have newer ones that are dual band for wireless, so you can stream video on one, and gaming on the other. The Buffalo they had up on Tech Plus would have been perfect. You could probably pick it up off Newegg.

Thanks! I think my existing router has this capability, too. I've never looked into it before. I managed to get my TV on the 5 GHz band and left everything else on 2.4. If that doesn't help I guess it will be new router time.

chipgreen

quality posts: 186 Private Messages chipgreen
bahwm wrote:She sounds like my brother!

...who sounds like my sister!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
MarkDaSpark wrote:Corn, Peas (Green & Black-Eyed), Cilantro, Avocado, Tomato (it's a fruit AND a vegetable! ), lettuce, onion, garlic, cucumbers potato, etc.

Cilantro is an herb, not a vegetable. Avocado is a fruit.

EDIT: Upon further research, bbawhm is nearly correct. You like very little vegetables as most of what you like that are commonly considered vegetables, are actually fruits.

From the Mayo clinic: The following are technically fruits: avocado, beans, peapods, corn kernels, cucumbers, grains, nuts, olives peppers, pumpkin, squash, sunflower seeds and tomatoes. Vegetables include celery (stem), lettuce (leaves), cauliflower and broccoli (buds), and beets, carrots and potatoes (roots).

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
North316 wrote:Cilantro is an herb, not a vegetable. Avocado is a fruit.

EDIT: Upon further research, bbawhm is nearly correct. You like very little vegetables as most of what you like that are commonly considered vegetables, are actually fruits.

From the Mayo clinic: The following are technically fruits: avocado, beans, peapods, corn kernels, cucumbers, grains, nuts, olives peppers, pumpkin, squash, sunflower seeds and tomatoes. Vegetables include celery (stem), lettuce (leaves), cauliflower and broccoli (buds), and beets, carrots and potatoes (roots).

I love my fruits and vegetables. But what I would really love right now is a nice nap.

MarkDaSpark

North316 wrote:Cilantro is an herb, not a vegetable. Avocado is a fruit.

Technically, herbs are vegetables. "Vegetables are the edible part of a plant, such as the leaf of the spinach or the root of the beet."

Since Fruits are distinguished by having seeds, I will grant you technically Tomato, Cucumber, etc. are fruits, even if we eat them as vegetables.

However, the courts would disagree with you ...

In 1893 the United States Supreme Court ruled, in Nix v. Hedden, on whether a tomato was a fruit or vegetable after taxes had been placed on all imported vegetables. The Nix Klan filed suit against Hedden, the Collector of the Port of New York, to recover back duties paid under protest. Botanically, the tomato is a fruit, but the court ruled in favor of the defendant and classified the tomato as a vegetable and it has been taxed that way ever since.

Oh, and BTW, Corn is technically a grain, not a fruit. It's a cereal plant, along with wheat, barley, or oats.

I left celery & carrots off the "I will Eat" list too.

But if you want to get really technical, there are only 3 basic classifications ... Animal, Vegetable, and Mineral.

So whether you consider it a fruit, grain, herb, or vegetable ... it's all Vegetable!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
MarkDaSpark wrote:But if you want to get really technical, there are only 3 basic classifications ... Animal, Vegetable, and Mineral.

I disagree with you on this piece.

Animal, Plant and Mineral.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:I disagree with you on this piece.

Animal, Plant and Mineral.

You've obviously never played 20 Questions then.

Edit: And you're not a follower of Linnaean taxonomy then either.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:Both are better than broccoli, brussel sprouts, and asparagus!!

I Like broccoli...the other two listed are just nasty!!

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Son of a ... one of my favorite British actors ...

Bob Hoskins dies at 71

That is soooo sad!!

polarbear22

MarkDaSpark wrote:You've obviously never played 20 Questions then.

Edit: And you're not a follower of Linnaean taxonomy then either.

Correct on both counts.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

bhodilee

In Sparky's honor, I had roasted cauliflower tonight and it was great!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
cortot20 wrote:Baja or fancy glendora?

Just north of Baseline, just east of Grand. I think we'll hear tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:In Sparky's honor, I had roasted cauliflower tonight and it was great!

See, now that just makes me question your tastes!!!

mommadeb1

bhodilee wrote:In Sparky's honor, I had roasted cauliflower tonight and it was great!

that sounds yummy!

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs!!!

Now you've gone too far. It's one thing to add a smiley. But to remove one and add in yours?

Bad TT. And I'm not joking. Fix it fast.

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

Awesome!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:I Like broccoli...the other two listed are just nasty!!

Simple fix: top them with lemon juice and a bit of freshly ground black pepper. No additional calories and tastes good. Also, I steam the Brussels Sprouts and asparagus.
Sometimes, if I want to do something a little special, and as a treat, I'll do as my Mom did and melt some butter in a fry pan and add some bread crumbs, mix 'em up while they are heating and pour over the veggies. Works on both of the above--not as healthy as I prefer, but a nice treat!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:Oh, and BTW, Corn is technically a grain, not a fruit. It's a cereal plant, along with wheat, barley, or oats.

I left celery & carrots off the "I will Eat" list too.

But if you want to get really technical, there are only 3 basic classifications ... Animal, Vegetable, and Mineral.

So whether you consider it a fruit, grain, herb, or vegetable ... it's all Vegetable!

Our Home & Careers people, I think the proper title may now be Family and Career Sciences, will say that tomatoes are now considered as veggies because of the way they are currently eaten.

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:ThunderThighs!!!

Now you've gone too far. It's one thing to add a smiley. But to remove one and add in yours?

Bad TT. And I'm not joking. Fix it fast.

Brava, TT! I noticed this four hours ago!

bahwm

kylemittskus wrote:Just north of Baseline, just east of Grand. I think we'll hear tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Good luck!

rjquillin

bahwm wrote:Brava, TT! I noticed this four hours ago!

+1

CT

polarbear22

kylemittskus wrote:Just north of Baseline, just east of Grand. I think we'll hear tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Good luck. Hope it works out.

My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:Brava, TT! I noticed this four hours ago!

I don't mind that she put it up, I mind that she removed the other.

It's one thing to add something cute. It's another thing to remove something and add something else in it's place.

That's a huge No-No.

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:+1

You must really like driving up to Napa/Sonoma on your own.

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:Our Home & Careers people, I think the proper title may now be Family and Career Sciences, will say that tomatoes are now considered as veggies because of the way they are currently eaten.

Cucumbers probably are the same. Which is probably what that court decided it on.

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 17 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

These are all delicious when roasted. High heat (400 to 450), a drizzle of olive oil, kosher salt and pepper, on a good baking pan/sheet shaken every 8 minutes or so until brown and crisp. Yum!

I have another recipe for Brussels sprouts that has never failed to convert a "hater", but you need a permission slip from your cardiologist to eat it.

bahwm

pseudogourmet98 wrote:These are all delicious when roasted. High heat (400 to 450), a drizzle of olive oil, kosher salt and pepper, on a good baking pan/sheet shaken every 8 minutes or so until brown and crisp. Yum!

I have another recipe for Brussels sprouts that has never failed to convert a "hater", but you need a permission slip from your cardiologist to eat it.

You're not kidding! That recipe is a real killer! How about grilled asparagus? Brush or mist with EVOO, sprinkle with Kosher salt and grill. Turn a few times. Works great when grilling a steak! Oh, yum!

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 17 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
bahwm wrote:You're not kidding! That recipe is a real killer! How about grilled asparagus? Brush or mist with EVOO, sprinkle with Kosher salt and grill. Turn a few times. Works great when grilling a steak! Oh, yum!

Killer, yes, but very tasty.

+1 for grilling. We interchange grilling and roasting based on whatever else we are doing. Yes, we grill Brussels sprouts AND broccoli.

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:You're not kidding! That recipe is a real killer! How about grilled asparagus? Brush or mist with EVOO, sprinkle with Kosher salt and grill. Turn a few times. Works great when grilling a steak! Oh, yum!

sorry, no matter what you do to them.... they still taste yucky!!!!

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:You must really like driving up to Napa/Sonoma on your own.

Ok, I'll only bring the deep fried brussels sprouts for snacks this time then.

CT

bahwm

pseudogourmet98 wrote:Killer, yes, but very tasty.

+1 for grilling. We interchange grilling and roasting based on whatever else we are doing. Yes, we grill Brussels sprouts AND broccoli.

Hmmm. I never thought about grilling Brussels sprouts or broccoli. We'll give 'em a try--after we get this other Shakespeare benefit dinner done Sat.!

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:sorry, no matter what you do to them.... they still taste yucky!!!!

+1

MarkDaSpark