cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
North316 wrote:I like the Venza's a lot. That will likely be our next car when we start the whole kid thing. Sounds like a win to me.

It's pretty amazing. And I scored a massive win on the price for it - even my dad was impressed and he's seen some impressive deals go out the door of his dealership. Not only was it massively reduced just for being previously owned, but his manager took an extra $2k off the price of it because I'm family. And then they gave me better than employee pricing on the extra options I like to get and threw in tire and cosmetic coverage free. And because it's certified, I get both the new car warranty still intact plus the extra CPO warranty, oh and ToyotaCare (2 years of maintenance) is still active on it

All in all, I paid less than the price of a Camry for it, which is what dad had envisioned getting me into.

Lesson learned: Always check the CPO inventory for the immediately previous model year to find the best deals.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

pseudogourmet98 wrote:And just in time for prom season it appears that meat is also the new flower!

That is exceedingly disturbing.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
cheron98 wrote:
Lesson learned: Always check the CPO inventory for the immediately previous model year to find the best deals.

That's what I always do.

Got my 2009 Camry with under 12k miles on it and the wife's 2012 Corolla with under 7k miles on it. The Corolla was a really good deal as it was just being used as a runner car for the dealership and wasn't even listed in their inventory.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Latest cars for myself and SWMBO are from Hertz. Buy with 25k on them at 1.5 years old and half price from new. I put 125k on my older former rental and have put over 80k on my current one. SWMBO is at 12k on hers but only got it in August. Minimal problems all around.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

keeping fingers crossed. Son and hubby are headed to the World robotics competition!!!

karenhynes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages karenhynes
mommadeb1 wrote:keeping fingers crossed. Son and hubby are headed to the World robotics competition!!!

YAY!! Good luck to son (and hubby)!!

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

JOATMON

quality posts: 20 Private Messages JOATMON
JOATMON wrote:OK, so what happened last night? Nobody scored more than 5 goals in a game against the Kings during the season, and all of a sudden the Sharks score 6 and 7? That's just painful.

Next two games on the King's home ice, which the Sharks haven't won at in over two years. Tuesday should be interesting.

cortot20 wrote:Kings looked really good for the 1st period.
J. Quick wasn't on his a game and the kings defense was just horrible after falling behind in the 2nd. Goals 4,5,6,7 were a joke. I shouldn't have even watched the 3rd period.

Hopefully they come back a much more solid team at home. Everyone predicted this would be the best series of the bunch but so far the kings look lost.

MarkDaSpark wrote:

4-3 in overtime! Now that was an interesting game!

Mark, you and I should have had a bet on this series. Loser has to start drinking down their own cellar.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Good morning.

Y'all never even saw me beating my head against a brick wall yesterday with you guys.

sigh

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
ThunderThighs wrote:Good morning.

Y'all never even saw me beating my head against a brick wall yesterday with you guys.

sigh

Good Morning!! Nice to see you with us.

Sorry about that. Sometimes we are quiet. Or busy. We all have to earn the money to buy the wine. Most of us buy the wine to drink the wine.

I'll be back in three hours and look to add comments then.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith

sigh

Trying to sell us wine, or trying to help you guys sell wine by posting "autobuy" etc. is a turn off.

Not that I can buy anyway. :rolleyes:

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin

sigh

Sometimes this thing called "work" gets in the way; but that's a good thing. Income can = purchases.

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 188 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
JOATMON wrote:4-3 in overtime! Now that was an interesting game!

Mark, you and I should have had a bet on this series. Loser has to start drinking down their own cellar.

Cause that's ever going to happen!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

sigh

Besides, we figured Stillman would post enough.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

abrooks2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abrooks2

What wine resources do you all use for online wine rankings?

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
abrooks2 wrote:What wine resources do you all use for online wine rankings?

Mostly cellar tracker but you have to take CT with a grain of salt. All reviews skew toward 90 inherently and then shift up based on price point (people are more apt to justify their $100 purchase with a 95 point rating even if it's only as good as the $20 bottle they drank last week and gave a 92)

For more commercial wines, I find a list of historical ratings by looking up the wine on wine.com

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

rjquillin

Many of us use CT, but take the ratings for what they are, just one persons, you generally don't know and can't trust, opinion. But there is some value to be found there; pricing, stores and purchase dates.

Another site is WineBerserkers and the forums and discussions there. Again however, you need to know and trust the palate of the person posting.
After awhile, here and there, we understand each other and can compare to our own preferences and make better decisions.

Others will have additional opinions, always...

CT

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:

Besides, we figured Stillman would post enough.

Hey, I'm not the one that missed out on a crappy bag.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Hey, I'm not the one that missed out on a crappy bag.

You mean a Maiss Muļķības, don't you?

And I've given up on those. They all look alike after 7 or so.

Edit: And being part of the Woot Staff, you did miss out on it.

cortot20

quality posts: 163 Private Messages cortot20

I use CT, it works if you ignore the scores and just read the notes. For smartphones I use corkz which links into CT (super helpful) and vivino. Both are great for scanning barcodes and labels to get quick access to info.

CT

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:You mean a Maiss Muļķības, don't you?

And I've given up on those. They all look alike after 7 or so.

Edit: And being part of the Woot Staff, you did miss out on it.

I'm personalizing mine - the one that was in that post. Thffffffffffft.

FORUM MODERATOR

MarkDaSpark

Note that if you contribute a minimum of $20 (suggested to contribute more if you have more inventory) gets you to Premium membership on CellarTracker.

Which gets you "scores (but not review text) from several content channels including Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar, John Gilman's View From the Cellar, and Brad Baker's Champagne Warrior."

So you get scoring from others on CT, but also those.

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm personalizing mine - the one that was in that post. Thffffffffffft.

Carefull .. they're going to tell us to get a room soon.

rjquillin

Trash day today.
Does anyone else wonder, or even care, what the neighbors think/say when things like this occur week after week at your curb?
Do you ever move them over to your neighbor, just to share?

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Trash day today.
Does anyone else wonder, or even care, what the neighbors think/say when things like this occur week after week at your curb?

Luckily, IF I had that problem, it would be hidden. We have huge purple recycle cans for recycling.

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:Luckily, IF I had that problem, it would be hidden. We have huge purple recycle cans for recycling.

Blue here, and it is full of boxes that contained the empty containers.

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Blue here, and it is full of boxes that contained the empty containers.

Dude!!! zTimBz and I can always use empty wine case boxes!!!

And you do know you can cut the tape on shipping boxes to make them smaller, right?

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:Dude!!! zTimBz and I can always use empty wine case boxes!!!

And you do know you can cut the tape on shipping boxes to make them smaller, right?

These were ones with pulp separators, like you toss whenever I'm there; and yes, the boxes ~were~ broken down. There was some styro there as well, but not wine-box styro.

CT

mommadeb1

How pathetic is this? I was in the Dr. office waiting room with daughter, checking the woot off... See Iron Horse, post question, get answer as Dr. is walking in.... forget to check woot until after we pick up meds. down to 6% I push "buy" while I am sitting in my car... phone has weird reception, takes forever...but I got it... daughter is like... "really mom, can't we just drive and go?" and I told her not until the purchase was made!!!

cheron98

mommadeb1 wrote:How pathetic is this? I was in the Dr. office waiting room with daughter, checking the woot off... See Iron Horse, post question, get answer as Dr. is walking in.... forget to check woot until after we pick up meds. down to 6% I push "buy" while I am sitting in my car... phone has weird reception, takes forever...but I got it... daughter is like... "really mom, can't we just drive and go?" and I told her not until the purchase was made!!!

The important thing is that you got the Iron Horse!!

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:The important thing is that you got the Iron Horse!!

I'm glad someone understands!!

mommadeb1

crap.. Last bottle is having another marathon sale...starting tomorrow!!

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
mommadeb1 wrote:How pathetic is this? I was in the Dr. office waiting room with daughter, checking the woot off... See Iron Horse, post question, get answer as Dr. is walking in.... forget to check woot until after we pick up meds. down to 6% I push "buy" while I am sitting in my car... phone has weird reception, takes forever...but I got it... daughter is like... "really mom, can't we just drive and go?" and I told her not until the purchase was made!!!

You could have been like my patient earlier today who was checking facebook, etc. while I was examining her! I thought I was bad on the phone...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
rjquillin wrote:Trash day today.

You just have to live next to my neighbor - they makes us look dry!

edthebedhead

So, rjquillin's post had me thinking...

What do you all do with your corks?
Post suggestions here - maybe thunder can make this the next poll!

EDIT: or screw tops, not to discriminate against threaded bottles o' vino.

edthebedhead

edthebedhead wrote:So, rjquillin's post had me thinking...

We do this:

mommadeb1

otolith wrote:You could have been like my patient earlier today who was checking facebook, etc. while I was examining her! I thought I was bad on the phone...

I couldn't believe the sign in the exam room
Please no photo's
no videotaping and turn off your cell phones.....
Seriously? who video's in the exam room? and we are talking the pediatrician's office!!

mommadeb1

edthebedhead wrote:We do this:

I have a big purple vase that I use as a cork holder..... I did empty it (it was almost full) right before people came for thanksgiving!

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 19 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

Funny you should ask. Iwas wondering that too. Started getting into wine about 25ish years ago and for some reason starting saving corks. Still do. We have literally thousands of them.

I have no idea what I was thinking, especially since I am not the "crafty" type. I'm creative with cooking, and with spreadsheets (don't ask), but I break out in hives at the mention of a hot glue gun or when I go near a Michael's.

I would love to see them go to good use. Any suggestions?

rjquillin

Actually I'm rather irked there is no value, here it's called CRV, for them as with other beverage containers for return and recycle.
Oops, should this be a poli"ticks" post?

CT

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

not earth shattering, but interesting thoughts nonetheless, and I didn't see this posted earlier...wine chilling hacks

And DocO, PM for you