nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb

River North Wine festival this weekend...

http://rivernorthwinefest.com/

Neal K Bharadwaj

jmdavidson

quality posts: 69 Private Messages jmdavidson

I received this from Campesino this week and am passing it on to all in Chicago.
Please join Campesino Cellars for an intimate tasting of our current releases on Saturday February 25th from 3 - 6pm.
Owner/Winemaker Macario Montoya will be in town to share his latest creations paired with artisanal cheeses and charcuterie. We hope you can join us for an evening of fun and fantastic wines. Space is limited so please RSVP soon to macario@campesinocellars.com
Wines to be poured
2015 Isa, Grenache Rosé, Sonoma Coast
2014 Alina, Marsanne/Roussanne, Sonoma Valley
2014 Grenache, Steel Plow Vineyard, Sonoma Valley
2014 Baybos, Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre, Sonoma Valley
2014 Syrah, Las Madres Vineyard, Carneros
Location: 2419 W. Cortland Street Unit #1, Chicago, Illinois 60647
We welcome you to pass along this invitation on to your wine loving friends and family. We love to share our stories and wines.

karenhynes

quality posts: 18 Private Messages karenhynes
jmdavidson wrote:I received this from Campesino this week and am passing it on to all in Chicago.
Please join Campesino Cellars for an intimate tasting of our current releases on Saturday February 25th from 3 - 6pm.
Owner/Winemaker Macario Montoya will be in town to share his latest creations paired with artisanal cheeses and charcuterie. We hope you can join us for an evening of fun and fantastic wines. Space is limited so please RSVP soon to macario@campesinocellars.com
Wines to be poured
2015 Isa, Grenache Rosé, Sonoma Coast
2014 Alina, Marsanne/Roussanne, Sonoma Valley
2014 Grenache, Steel Plow Vineyard, Sonoma Valley
2014 Baybos, Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre, Sonoma Valley
2014 Syrah, Las Madres Vineyard, Carneros
Location: 2419 W. Cortland Street Unit #1, Chicago, Illinois 60647
We welcome you to pass along this invitation on to your wine loving friends and family. We love to share our stories and wines.

Sounds like fun, but I will be elbow deep in a vat of red beans and rice!

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

jmdavidson

karenhynes wrote:Sounds like fun, but I will be elbow deep in a vat of red beans and rice!

We are going to Campesino first, then Mardi Gras.

karenhynes

quality posts: 18 Private Messages karenhynes
jmdavidson wrote:We are going to Campesino first, then Mardi Gras.

Nice!!

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

forumc40

quality posts: 0 Private Messages forumc40

Man, sucks I didn't see this. I hope we can get some more Chicago events going soon!

Ain't easy...

jmdavidson

forumc40 wrote:Man, sucks I didn't see this. I hope we can get some more Chicago events going soon!

Well, if you know of any post them here.
Here are two I know of:

1) April 2nd, Mainstreet Liquors, Countryside, is having their Spring Wine Gala from 1:00 to 4:00 at Via Bella, 5412 South La Grange Road, Countryside, IL. Over 250 wines will be showcased including area restaurants and catering services
$35 VIP for Wine Club Members
$20 General Admission Members;
$40 General Admission Non-Members

2) 2017 DiCarlo Spring Wine, Food & Craft Beer Festival wil be held on Saturday, May 20th, 12p.m. - 4p.m. at the Doubletree Hotel (510 E IL Route 83, Mundelein). They will showcase hundreds upon hundreds of fine wines, dozens upon dozens of Craft Beers and local restaurants will once again feature their tasty fare! The cost is only $35/person for DiCarlo Members In Advance (Free Membership!) or $40/person for Non-DiCarlo Members and At the Door. Included is $10 Crystal Wine Tasting Glass - yours to keep!

I have attended both of these events (frequently), and they are worth it.

forumc40

quality posts: 0 Private Messages forumc40
jmdavidson wrote:Well, if you know of any post them here.
Here are two I know of:

1) April 2nd, Mainstreet Liquors, Countryside, is having their Spring Wine Gala from 1:00 to 4:00 at Via Bella, 5412 South La Grange Road, Countryside, IL. Over 250 wines will be showcased including area restaurants and catering services
$35 VIP for Wine Club Members
$20 General Admission Members;
$40 General Admission Non-Members

2) 2017 DiCarlo Spring Wine, Food & Craft Beer Festival wil be held on Saturday, May 20th, 12p.m. - 4p.m. at the Doubletree Hotel (510 E IL Route 83, Mundelein). They will showcase hundreds upon hundreds of fine wines, dozens upon dozens of Craft Beers and local restaurants will once again feature their tasty fare! The cost is only $35/person for DiCarlo Members In Advance (Free Membership!) or $40/person for Non-DiCarlo Members and At the Door. Included is $10 Crystal Wine Tasting Glass - yours to keep!

I have attended both of these events (frequently), and they are worth it.

Awesome, I'll look into the Mundelein event.

Another good one is Binny's "Taste at the Track" at Arlington Race track. They do it every June and September, next one is June 10. Unlimited tastings of hundreds of wines, plus admission to the park and food samples for $50.00 (advance at Arlington website or $60 day of, if it doesn't sell out). I've gone several times and it's always a blast.

I won't be there this June but will definitely be at the September event. Recommended.

Ain't easy...