ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cmaldoon wrote:Wait.... Don't YOU monitor us.....?

Heh. Yes but to get to me, you would have to aim at your computer's monitor as well.

Brat.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

InFrom wrote:You know, I was thinking of "wall space", just realized it's "floorspace". But "puls"?

Edit: ok, just realized it's bad typing for "pulls".

I never figured out that one word. Thank you for this. Floorspace.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
kylemittskus wrote:Time to ditch our iPhones, I think. Who has a Galaxy S4? Like it? Should I wait for an S5?

Lurve. Was it for the s5 though. Either get it out s4 will drop in price. If get the five. Good camera on the 5

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
polarbear22 wrote:Friends and Fellow Wooters - It is that time of year again. Once again, I am training for the century (100 mile) bike ride to support MS on June 1. And that also means I am appealing to you for donations. The generosity of this community astounds me every year. So my thanks for your consideration in advance.

This link will take you to my personal fundraising page.

I also have the link in my signature so you don't need to hunt back for this post when the time comes, but can easily find the spot to enter in your credit card information.

I return you to your regular Pub revelry.

Have to thank wooters already. Especially the generosity of one individual. With your help, I am off to a great start in less than 24 hours.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
bhodilee wrote:Lurve. Was it for the s5 though. Either get it out s4 will drop in price. If get the five. Good camera on the 5

Seems like typing is unreliable on the 4...

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes but remember, you'll have to aim directly at your monitor. Let's see how that works for you.

Well, since I don't have one, I'd have to order it and wait for delivery. So until Woot invents the Teleporter, I guess I'll have to wait to order said Pellet Gun.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:Time to ditch our iPhones, I think. Who has a Galaxy S4? Like it? Should I wait for an S5?

s5 arrives on the 11th. So not such a long wait.

You can check it out at various stores. T-Mobile has it in their stores, and I believe AT&T and Verizon have it as well.

Have you considered the Note? I really like the S pen that it includes. I got to use one when signing for my replacement windshield. And it didn't seem that much bigger than my s3.

They have the Gear, which looks nice and connects to the s5, but you have to look sideways to view. It also doesn't track sleep patterns like my Fit.

The Gear2 and Gear2 Neo look better (wouldn't need a watch), but also don't appear to track sleep. But tempting, since it would show you who's calling, etc.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

I'm waiting for the S5....so I can get a reasonable price for an S4.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
MarkDaSpark wrote:s5 arrives on the 11th. So not such a long wait.

You can check it out at various stores. T-Mobile has it in their stores, and I believe AT&T and Verizon have it as well.

Have you considered the Note? I really like the S pen that it includes. I got to use one when signing for my replacement windshield. And it didn't seem that much bigger than my s3.

They have the Gear, which looks nice and connects to the s5, but you have to look sideways to view. It also doesn't track sleep patterns like my Fit.

The Gear2 and Gear2 Neo look better (wouldn't need a watch), but also don't appear to track sleep. But tempting, since it would show you who's calling, etc.

Thanks for the extensive thoughts, Sparky. Will look into the Note. I thought Samsung did have a body tracker (sleep, calorie, etc.) that wasn't a by watch thing.

North: that was my plan unless someone said something about the 5 that I needed to have. (I'm sure 4 camera is fine for me.)

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
polarbear22 wrote:Have to thank wooters already. Especially the generosity of one individual. With your help, I am off to a great start in less than 24 hours.

How's the training going??

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman

S4 is good, I've enjoyed mine so far. Hardware afaik should do you fine on either one.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:Thanks for the extensive thoughts, Sparky. Will look into the Note. I thought Samsung did have a body tracker (sleep, calorie, etc.) that wasn't a by watch thing.

North: that was my plan unless someone said something about the 5 that I needed to have. (I'm sure 4 camera is fine for me.)

The Gear series can track activity, steps, etc., but I didn't see anything about sleep patterns. The Gear is slim, but still on your wrist. But no "Clip" type like Fitbit. Even Nike doesn't have it.

Fitness Tracker Comparison Chart, pre-Samsung Gear series.

Edit: The new S4 has a heart rate scanner, where you put your finger on it, and it will track your heart rate.

But I didn't see anything on the Samsung site that wasn't a wristband for fitness (Gear series).

polarbear22

edthebedhead wrote:How's the training going??

Just getting started. Snow and cold kept me off the roads for most of March. Got one short ride in early, and 25 miles last weekend. Another 25 this weekend, then start to ramp it up. 50 miles in two weeks. Now if I could just lose some weight...

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
polarbear22 wrote:Just getting started. Snow and cold kept me off the roads for most of March.

And we all thought polar bears loved cold and snow.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

polarbear22

ddeuddeg wrote:And we all thought polar bears loved cold and snow.

We do. We do. Just not on a bicycle. We did a couple miles on a bike trail last weekend (avoids a couple of hills). My friend fell on ice twice. So no bike trails anymore, and reinforced our decision to wait.

My Cellar

bhodilee

InFrom wrote:Seems like typing is unreliable on the 4...

I'm flattered you think that it was the phone and not that I'm an halfcourt offense. Truth is, it was a tablet, not Samsung.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

rjquillin

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:The Gear series can track activity, steps, etc., but I didn't see anything about sleep patterns. The Gear is slim, but still on your wrist. But no "Clip" type like Fitbit. Even Nike doesn't have it.

Fitness Tracker Comparison Chart, pre-Samsung Gear series.

Edit: The new S4 has a heart rate scanner, where you put your finger on it, and it will track your heart rate.

But I didn't see anything on the Samsung site that wasn't a wristband for fitness (Gear series).

What is with the seeming obsession with activity and sleep tracking?
It's simple; we wake, eat, dribble and sleep; when we need to...

CT

ThunderThighs

Staff

bhodilee wrote:I'm flattered you think that it was the phone and not that I'm an halfcourt offense. Truth is, it was a tablet, not Samsung.

I do so enjoy word filters.

FORUM MODERATOR

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:What is with the seeming obsession with activity and sleep tracking?

True, but as we get closer to your ancient age, we want to make sure it's in that order; and not wake, eat, sleep, dribble.

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk
otolith wrote:OK, maybe Joel isn't the smartass that I thought he was. Stupid woot filters got me...fool on me.

the
there's

took me a minute to think the same thing...

ThunderThighs

Staff

joelsisk wrote:took me a minute to think the same thing...

FORUM MODERATOR

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

Opening day baseball tonight for our local minor league team. It's going to be in the 40's and windy, and I have the flu. My husband is super excited. I'm just praying to survive it. If you don't hear from me again, just know that I was sacrificed to the baseball gods.

rjquillin

chemvictim wrote:Opening day baseball tonight for our local minor league team. It's going to be in the 40's and windy, and I have the flu. My husband is super excited. I'm just praying to survive it. If you don't hear from me again, just know that I was sacrificed to the baseball gods.

Stay home..?

CT

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
rjquillin wrote:Stay home..?

I suggested that. It was not well received.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
rjquillin wrote:Stay home..?

What are you communist?

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
rjquillin wrote:What is with the seeming obsession with activity and sleep tracking?

SWMBO wants the fitness tracking (steps, calories, etc.). The sleep tracking isn't as important.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 17 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
kylemittskus wrote:SWMBO wants the fitness tracking (steps, calories, etc.). The sleep tracking isn't as important.

We got fitbits for the whole family for Christmas. I knew I was not getting enough exercise before, now I get e-mails to remind me... Don't even bother with the sleep tracking. I already know I wake up in the middle of the night and don't get back to sleep. If I get e-mail reminders of that, it would be one more thing to keep me up at night!

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
pseudogourmet98 wrote:We got fitbits for the whole family for Christmas. I knew I was not getting enough exercise before, now I get e-mails to remind me... Don't even bother with the sleep tracking. I already know I wake up in the middle of the night and don't get back to sleep. If I get e-mail reminders of that, it would be one more thing to keep me up at night!

It would be really bad if the emails came in with a ping to notify you that you weren't sleeping. . . I simply don't get enough sleep. It's really strange when I wake up at just about the same time every night--seriously, within a minute or two. :scratches head: I do get back to sleep after I check on the time.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

pseudogourmet98 wrote:We got fitbits for the whole family for Christmas. I knew I was not getting enough exercise before, now I get e-mails to remind me... Don't even bother with the sleep tracking. I already know I wake up in the middle of the night and don't get back to sleep. If I get e-mail reminders of that, it would be one more thing to keep me up at night!

I only opted for the weekly emails, never got one for sleep tracking.

The handy part is not when you wake up, but how much you are restless. It explains sometimes why I wake up still feeling tired, instead of being rested.

rjquillin

This I understand, as its now 03:18.

CT

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

beefytaco, if you see this...you have a PM.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
joelsisk wrote:took me a minute to think the same thing...

Hah!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:I only opted for the weekly emails, never got one for sleep tracking.

The handy part is not when you wake up, but how much you are restless. It explains sometimes why I wake up still feeling tired, instead of being rested.

I use the Sleep Time app on my iPhone as an alarm. You start it and set it on the bed. It monitors your movement and begins waking you up when you're coming out of a deep sleep. The alarm starts quietly and slowly gets louder. I feel way more awake in the mornings now.

Told my son to try it and his response was "Where has this been all my life!!?".

FORUM MODERATOR

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
ThunderThighs wrote:I use the Sleep Time app on my iPhone as an alarm. You start it and set it on the bed. It monitors your movement and begins waking you up when you're coming out of a deep sleep. The alarm starts quietly and slowly gets louder. I feel way more awake in the mornings now.

Told my son to try it and his response was "Where has this been all my life!!?".

What, the lamp wasn't getting the job done?

HUH?

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HUH?

x-posting to share MarkDaSpark's history tidbit!

MarkDaSpark wrote:Woot Trivia: When the Woot Launch icon first appeared, it was so small, it was referred to as the "Pope Hat".

And Ty is an auto-buy. Better than my wine club (which is way more than $5 shipping!).

It also used to wiggle:

Todays, for comparison:

71st.

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

Tomorrow, we shall Feast!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bhodilee

HUH? wrote:x-posting to share MarkDaSpark's history tidbit!

It also used to wiggle:

There's pills for that now.

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:There's pills for that now.

Yep ...

Big pills.

rjquillin

Game of Thrones

Seems I recall discussions on this series here before, but I'm too cheap to pay for premiums.
Do I want to DVR these?

For those with Dish, and no HBO/Cinemax subscription, score.
Starting noon today all episodes beginning with #1 airing sequentially for free in the 4/4~4/7 preview weekend.

CT

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 17 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
rjquillin wrote:Game of Thrones

Seems I recall discussions on this series here before, but I'm too cheap to pay for premiums.
Do I want to DVR these?

For those with Dish, and no HBO/Cinemax subscription, score.
Starting noon today all episodes beginning with #1 airing sequentially for free in the 4/4~4/7 preview weekend.

My son is a fanatic and tried to get me to watch this a year or so ago. I finally watched the 1st episode about a month ago and when it was over I left scratching my head...

About a week ago, I was telling a friend about my experience and she told me to watch it again, and make a commitment to at least the first three episodes. I did, now I'm hooked, and trying to finish the first three seasons before tomorrow night when season four begins. One of the darkest and most violent shows I've ever enjoyed. That said, House of Cards can be pretty dark too, and I like that series as well.