klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
mother wrote:Have you logged in since day 2? Dayum, there goes my claim to fame around here. ;)

What was your claim to fame?

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
klezman wrote:What was your claim to fame?

Oldest member date

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
klezman wrote:What was your claim to fame?

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin

mother

rjquillin wrote:

Muchos Grassy-ass

rjquillin

mother wrote:Muchos Grassy-ass

それは何もなかった

CT

mother

rjquillin wrote:それは何もなかった

Sorry, ahhh, Nanny Mona Carter?

rjquillin

mother wrote:Sorry, ahhh, Nanny Mona Carter?

そ れ は 何 も な かった
so re wa nani mo na katta
it was nothing
could also be
どいたしまして
you're welcome

I hit the shochu 焼酎 after the Twisted Oak.

CT

HUH?

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HUH?
InFrom wrote:I save mine (at least the more inconsequential ones) in a folder in one of my email accounts. (That's what the security experts say to do, right? )

Quite useless when the email domain you used is no longer available.

rjquillin wrote:Naw. You're supposed to write them on a post-it that's on the bottom of your keyboard.

Apparently I have a new keyboard from 10 years ago.

rjquillin wrote:I'm wondering who can remember an unused PW for that period of time.

Not this one - but some clever imagination to re-imagine what it might be.

mother wrote:Have you logged in since day 2? Dayum, there goes my claim to fame around here. ;)

Likely not with this account. Certainly not in the age of this forum, which started well after both you and I joined.

Mother, I am aware of your rightful place as Oldest Start Date, and smallest member #2525, who seems still active, aside from @Snapster at #5. There may be others but my manual search didn't find any.

I didn't recall the day 2 start; but that means you are a day 11, right? You, at least, managed to be active for 10 years. Please, continue your reign

I always thought I'd started an account before my current one where I'd earned my black box. I don't suppose they'd could be merged, eh? Looks like I may have to start anew. Well, perhaps I'll just be satisfied to have written my password on a new sticky note, only to be lost for another 10 years. Quite a 10 years it has been. What a place. Glad to be a part of this.

71st.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
HUH? wrote:Likely not with this account. Certainly not in the age of this forum, which started well after both you and I joined.

Mother, I am aware of your rightful place as Oldest Start Date, and smallest member #2525, who seems still active, aside from @Snapster at #5. There may be others but my manual search didn't find any.

I didn't recall the day 2 start; but that means you are a day 11, right? You, at least, managed to be active for 10 years. Please, continue your reign

I always thought I'd started an account before my current one where I'd earned my black box. I don't suppose they'd could be merged, eh? Looks like I may have to start anew. Well, perhaps I'll just be satisfied to have written my password on a new sticky note, only to be lost for another 10 years. Quite a 10 years it has been. What a place. Glad to be a part of this.

You could do like some (PetiteSirah, etc.) and go for black on Wine.Woot only purchases.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

HUH? wrote:Likely not with this account. Certainly not in the age of this forum, which started well after both you and I joined.

This is like being most well endowed at a Eunuch convention. Pointless

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

mother

bhodilee wrote:This is like being most well endowed at a Eunuch convention. Pointless

And not hard?

bhodilee

mother wrote:And not hard?

Yeah, not something you can play around with

chipgreen

quality posts: 186 Private Messages chipgreen
bhodilee wrote:Yes, if they don't pop up on a Plus Deal today then I'm just gonna order it new from Amazon. Another month of actual phone service while I wait on woot, will make up the difference. Basically, prepare for an all Ooma woot tomorrow.

Currently the Lightning Deal on Amazon, for another hour and a half....

bhodilee

chipgreen wrote:Currently the Lightning Deal on Amazon, for another hour and a half....

Oh, I saw it. Oh yes, I saw it. I BOUGHT THE DAMN THING MONDAY! Stupid Amazon. I'd get it and return the one I bought, but it's already set up and probably not worth the $20 hassle. Also, it works amazingly well. Quite pleased with it. Just need to port my number.

chipgreen

bhodilee wrote:Oh, I saw it. Oh yes, I saw it. I BOUGHT THE DAMN THING MONDAY! Stupid Amazon. I'd get it and return the one I bought, but it's already set up and probably not worth the $20 hassle. Also, it works amazingly well. Quite pleased with it. Just need to port my number.

Too bad they got rid of their post-order price guarantee years ago but you can always try to bend the ear of a customer service rep. If you get the right one they might give you a "one-time courtesy" refund of the $20 difference. They have also been known to give the "buy it at the current price and return the other one" advice but you can counter that with the fact that you have yours setup and working.

bhodilee

chipgreen wrote:Too bad they got rid of their post-order price guarantee years ago but you can always try to bend the ear of a customer service rep. If you get the right one they might give you a "one-time courtesy" refund of the $20 difference. They have also been known to give the "buy it at the current price and return the other one" advice but you can counter that with the fact that you have yours setup and working.

And ya know, the cost of them to ship it back and to ship the new one prime would probably end up damn near costing them money. I don't even bother anymore. It's the chance you take shopping at Amazon

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:This is like being most well endowed at a Eunuch convention. Pointless

mother wrote:And not hard?

bhodilee wrote:Yeah, not something you can play around with

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Woohoo, got orders to move. Headed to Florida. While I love it here in Pittsburgh, I can't get woot wine. Now I can.

Chip, I will meet up with you before I go, I promise.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

rjquillin

bkarlan wrote:Woohoo, got orders to move. Headed to Florida. While I love it here in Pittsburgh, I can't get woot wine. Now I can.

mommadeb will likely be thrilled to have an active wooter move to her state.

CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
bkarlan wrote:Woohoo, got orders to move. Headed to Florida. While I love it here in Pittsburgh, I can't get woot wine. Now I can.

yippie! pm me the area...hopefully you will be somewhat close....

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

I might be in southern California around 4/15 or 4/16. Anybody interested in getting together for a tasting or letting me have a place to crash? Trying to plan on a time to visit my sister who lives near Ontario airport.

cortot20

quality posts: 137 Private Messages cortot20

Everyone in SoCal shake rattle and roll. Lost and Merbill are fairly close and I hope you guys are doing alright.

CT

rjquillin

Click on the 'responses' tab for a zipcode sorted list here of the shakemap.

CT

klezman

CAGrl wrote:I might be in southern California around 4/15 or 4/16. Anybody interested in getting together for a tasting or letting me have a place to crash? Trying to plan on a time to visit my sister who lives near Ontario airport.

That's Passover! molarchae and I return from YYZ on the 16th, roughly 8-9pm. We won't help with pork and bread that week, but we'd love to see you guys. Futon is always available.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

cortot20 wrote:Everyone in SoCal shake rattle and roll. Lost and Merbill are fairly close and I hope you guys are doing alright.

Yeah, we had a solid 30 second of swaying building. 45 km away, though, meant it was low intensity shaking. merbill's FB suggests he's fine except for a couple breakables hit the floor.

CAGrl

Or maybe the last week of April. I'd love to visit with some of the SoCal wooters.

cortot20

quality posts: 137 Private Messages cortot20
CAGrl wrote:Or maybe the last week of April. I'd love to visit with some of the SoCal wooters.

We have a meetup on May 3rd about 25 miles from Ontario airport.

CT

CAGrl

cortot20 wrote:We have a meetup on May 3rd about 25 miles from Ontario airport.

Yeah. I saw that but I'm trying to avoid being there over a weekend since hubby won't be able to make the trip with me. But that is definitely a possibility.

MarkDaSpark

CAGrl wrote:Yeah. I saw that but I'm trying to avoid being there over a weekend since hubby won't be able to make the trip with me. But that is definitely a possibility.

It's not like he drinks wine ...

CAGrl

MarkDaSpark wrote:It's not like he drinks wine ...

Hahaha. So true. But he does work. And it looks like if I'm gonna attend a gathering, I won't be able to bring the dog with me. So somebody has to stay home and watch the dog.

mother

What part of Florida?

rjquillin

CAGrl wrote:Hahaha. So true. ~~~ So somebody has to stay home and watch the dog.

You saying you're not worth it?

CT

MarkDaSpark

CAGrl wrote:Hahaha. So true. But he does work. And it looks like if I'm gonna attend a gathering, I won't be able to bring the dog with me. So somebody has to stay home and watch the dog.

So tell Somebody to suck it up and watch the dog.

Just don't get Nobody to watch the dog, they don't really watch.

chipgreen

Yikes! That was quick... how soon do you leave?

mommadeb1

I just opened a PennyFarthing Barbera
that CaGrl was kind enough to let me try.... All I can say is.... the next time this is on sale... someone PLEASE let me know!! This is awesome!! I don't know how I missed out on this one..... but now I am sad I did.....

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

Dammit! More snow!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin

mommadeb1 wrote:I just opened a PennyFarthing Barbera
that CaGrl was kind enough to let me try.... All I can say is.... the next time this is on sale... someone PLEASE let me know!! This is awesome!! I don't know how I missed out on this one..... but now I am sad I did.....

Yup, get it by the case.

CT

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Dammit! More snow!

ewwwww!

CAGrl

mommadeb1 wrote:I just opened a PennyFarthing Barbera

Glad you liked it.