kaolis

quality posts: 28 Private Messages kaolis
iccrew98 wrote:Alright folks....

As a (recently moved to) winemaker in Walla Walla, I do have a little familiarity with the brand as they were located around the corner from where I work.

So... the winery is no longer. The details don't matter but while they were around, they did make very good wines. The few I had were pretty solid and worth having in the cellar (maybe I should open one tonight?)

So, the flyby about no mega purple is most likely true. They had their own estate and people I know well managed their and their sourced vineyards. If anyone knows anything about WW, Tom Waliser is one of the best vineyard managers, handling Pepperbridge winery which is the estate winery for the same name (Winemaker there has 30+ years, was at Heitz - Napa previously). Their estate was managed by our estate manager as well for a time.

I have not had any of these wines, so I cannot attest to these particular wines. But 2009 was a great year. Some of our best wines came from that year. As for 2010, some maligned the year but quite honestly, it was the same as 2012 and I think produced some of the prettiest wines in the valley in recent memory. A true "winemaking" year, where good winemakers truly separated themselves from the rest.

Most people in the valley liked the wines from this winery when they were producing.

Caveat: I make wine in WW. I will never put down a wine I don't like from the valley (bad business - winemakers are very subjective, right?) nor will I promote a wine I don't like either.

At this price, you won't find wines like this that are (mostly) from Walla Walla and with the pedigree. I know I'm chiming in late but hopefully you feel good about the purchase.

Thanks for the info. Have to say I'm surprised by the fact that the winery is no longer in business. Didn't get that vibe. Lots of small (and not so small) wineries have not so great websites and just figured that was the case here. So not a matter of getting the brand in play, but a fire sale. Makes no matter really, well maybe so if you bought and wanted future wines.. interesting.

iccrew98

quality posts: 8 Private Messages iccrew98
kaolis wrote:Thanks for the info. Have to say I'm surprised by the fact that the winery is no longer in business. Didn't get that vibe. Lots of small (and not so small) wineries have not so great websites and just figured that was the case here. So not a matter of getting the brand in play, but a fire sale. Makes no matter really, well maybe so if you bought and wanted future wines.. interesting.

Yeah... I wish I could say they are still producing. They did make good stuff. If they were still producing, you wouldn't be seeing them here. Too good, too small. I'm actually picking up a few orders since I know I won't see them around the circles here much anymore.

From I.T. to wine. My transition, my learning and my new life.
winejosh.com
twitter /winejosh
"The toughest part about going back to school for wine is knowing you wasted all that drinking the first time around."

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Based on the last few comments I'm glad I jumped in for 1.

pozzowon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pozzowon

march 13, still hasn't arrived.
anyone else??

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pozzowon wrote:march 13, still hasn't arrived.
anyone else??

Wine.woot shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

jlweiner1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jlweiner1

Mine just arrived today. Can't wait to give these a try.