otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
mother wrote:

Was only running 45 min late this afternoon. FML

edit: sparky only since otolith bad today...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
polarbear22 wrote:I am off after Friday. Hard job taking all the time this year, but I did it.

Good to hear. I had today off, then after Friday no more working either!

edthebedhead

otolith wrote:Was only running 45 min late this afternoon. FML

As much as it drives patients, and clinicians nuts... it also drives those of us crazy who cook dinner for those clinicians.

On the bright side, I the wine has had plenty of time to decant by dinner time.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Ok, a hint to help the confusion for tomorrow's wine.

SUMMER = WINTER.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rjquillin

quality posts: 169 Private Messages rjquillin
ThunderThighs wrote:Ok, a hint to help the confusion for tomorrow's wine.

SUMMER = WINTER.

That doesn't seem all so oblique, something from down south.

CT

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

SUMMER = WINTER.

Just hope it doesn't mean we will have to pay the extra $2 for shipping.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm a slacker lately. I'm sorry. I have no valid excuse for you. I do lurk - been keeping up with reading and stuff, just haven't been commenting.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

SUMMER = WINTER.

Is this a tease to get us interested in tomorrow's offer, or are you just pouring salt on the wounds of us who cannot order?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

SUMMER = WINTER.

Since it is "bubbly season", might this be a hint for Iron Horse Summer's Cuvée?

MarkDaSpark

pseudogourmet98 wrote:Since it is "bubbly season", might this be a hint for Iron Horse Summer's Cuvée?

I'm hoping more for their Winters Cuvee!!!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:I'm hoping more for their Winters Cuvee!!!

ah hell, and we just bought today on the grounds that there's usually only one bubbles offer for new years. crap.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:ah hell, and we just bought today on the grounds that there's usually only one bubbles offer for new years. crap.

I'm just guessing, but whether it's Summer or Winter, if it's Iron Horse, I'm in!!!!

Edit: You can always keep it at home!

Also, ThunderThighs!!!!

cortot20

quality posts: 131 Private Messages cortot20

It's probably the woot cellars meeker rose that some good sluething turned up during the toothy 2 initial offer.

CT

rjquillin

Likley I was in the wrong hemisphere and the two of you nailed it; hopefully...

CT

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
cortot20 wrote:It's probably the woot cellars meeker rose that some good sluething turned up during the toothy 2 initial offer.

I think I have a bottle of that...should open it and take notes...

Edit: It's good. For the right price it's a steal. I'm predicting 6 for $60.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

I really liked the summer cuvee, and Fairy Tale... what's the winter like?

or if the clue is summer=winter is it Australian?

I hope it is Iron Horse.....yummm

karenhynes

quality posts: 10 Private Messages karenhynes

That's worth waiting up for!!!

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
cortot20 wrote:It's probably the woot cellars meeker rose that some good sluething turned up during the toothy 2 initial offer.

Wow. Good guess.

MarkDaSpark

Great guess! Although I still wish it had been the IH.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pseudogourmet98 wrote:Just hope it doesn't mean we will have to pay the extra $2 for shipping.

You were the closest. We couldn't get the wording changed. If you want it expedited, choose summer shipping.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:Great guess! Although I still wish it had been the IH.

.this.
but $$ saved is good.

CT

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:
Also, ThunderThighs!!!!

Yes?

Isn't he cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute?

rjquillin

ThunderThighs wrote:Yes?

Isn't he cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute?

What did happen with our clue game..?

CT

ThunderThighs

Staff

rjquillin wrote:What did happen with our clue game..?

WD's nightly clues or the clue game I did before rollover?

The latter: I no longer do rollovers for one thing. There are many other things too.

rjquillin

ThunderThighs wrote:WD's nightly clues or the clue game I did before rollover?

The latter: I no longer do rollovers for one thing. There are many other things too.

Yup, those...
Just another piece of the missing past.

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
mommadeb1 wrote:I really liked the summer cuvee, and Fairy Tale... what's the winter like?

or if the clue is summer=winter is it Australian?

I hope it is Iron Horse.....yummm

Much as I like the SC and the FT, I like the Winter's Cuvée better than either of them.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
ddeuddeg wrote:Much as I like the SC and the FT, I like the Winter's Cuvée better than either of them.

Why?
If this makes an appearance I need to know why it's better so I can convince myself!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:Why?
If this makes an appearance I need to know why it's better so I can convince myself!

Does it really matter? It's Iron Horse!!!

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
klezman wrote:Why?

I wish I could tell you, but it's purely subjective. Seems to me that I detected just a hint of funkiness in both the SC and the FT. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I didn't get any of it in the Winter. On the other hand, it may just be the little touch of Audrey Sterling's brandy that makes the difference. Don't hold your breath waiting for an appearance here, though. They don't make a lot, and even club members can't get a discount.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

mommadeb1

major happenings at work...its' last day will be Friday! Details are sketchy.... but that is the word on the street!

That and I have a TON of work to do before our winter break... and I have 3 birthday's before the 28th.... never enough time.....

rjquillin

mommadeb1 wrote:major happenings at work...its' last day will be Friday! Details are sketchy.... but that is the word on the street!

Wait! As in no-more-school, no-more-work? Closing, gone; or just vacation for the year?

CT

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
mommadeb1 wrote:major happenings at work...its' last day will be Friday! Details are sketchy.... but that is the word on the street!

That and I have a TON of work to do before our winter break... and I have 3 birthday's before the 28th.... never enough time.....

"It" would be your nemesis?

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
rjquillin wrote:Wait! As in no-more-school, no-more-work? Closing, gone; or just vacation for the year?

Or hopefully the "It" is a different "she".

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother

BTW I took one for the team and guinea pigged Pat LaFriedas prime rib cooking method.

It is torture having to smell it so long before you can eat it, but the results are really good- great browning/crust, and the temperature is very damned even.

(I didn't do the au jus, and I used garlic/dry mustard/thyme/oregano instead of herbs de P)

rjquillin

mother wrote:Or hopefully the "It" is a different "she".

Yes! Good call on that one. Delayed justice better than no justice.

CT

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:Wait! As in no-more-school, no-more-work? Closing, gone; or just vacation for the year?

no more work gone...taking a leave of absence

mommadeb1

chemvictim wrote:"It" would be your nemesis?

yup

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm

Glad that you won't have to deal with her for some time. For her sake, I hope that her health is ok. Perhaps that has been the issue . . .

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Glad that you won't have to deal with her for some time. For her sake, I hope that her health is ok. Perhaps that has been the issue . . .

I was thinking it might be a medical issue. I do truly hope she finds happiness and some peace...no one should go through life that miserable..it is really a sad situation...

edthebedhead

mother wrote:BTW I took one for the team and guinea pigged Pat LaFriedas prime rib cooking method.

It is torture having to smell it so long before you can eat it, but the results are really good- great browning/crust, and the temperature is very damned even.

(I didn't do the au jus, and I used garlic/dry mustard/thyme/oregano instead of herbs de P)

This. sounds. Awesome. Clearly I am hungry.