North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

I hate complaining, but woot has been giving me reasons to lately. I recently ordered some "Ugly Holiday Sweater" items for a party I am going to this Friday, the 13th. I purchased them specifically because they said they would ship on 12/6 (Friday) with 3-5 day standard, so at the absolute latest, I would get them on the 13th, but likely a lot sooner because of the weekend travel time. Well, the items didn't ship until Monday, 12/9 (apparently due to weather in Dallas) and now aren't going to get here until 12/14. Do I have a right to complain about this? Should I be entitled to a refund? I really hate complaining about stuff like this, but the SOLE reason I bought these items was for the party, knowing that this will likely be my first and only Ugly Sweater party (I think the idea is pretty stupid).

I understand that weather is out of woot's hand, but if you can't full-fill your advertised shipping date, shouldn't it be there obligation to notify people who purchased? If I had known, I would have cancelled this order.

Just curious what other think about this. This is just frustrating as it is my second issue this week (the other one is about 25 minutes from being past their 24 hour promised response window).

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

North316 wrote:I hate complaining, but woot has been giving me reasons to lately. I recently ordered some "Ugly Holiday Sweater" items for a party I am going to this Friday, the 13th. I purchased them specifically because they said they would ship on 12/6 (Friday) with 3-5 day standard, so at the absolute latest, I would get them on the 13th, but likely a lot sooner because of the weekend travel time. Well, the items didn't ship until Monday, 12/9 (apparently due to weather in Dallas) and now aren't going to get here until 12/14. Do I have a right to complain about this? Should I be entitled to a refund? I really hate complaining about stuff like this, but the SOLE reason I bought these items was for the party, knowing that this will likely be my first and only Ugly Sweater party (I think the idea is pretty stupid).

I understand that weather is out of woot's hand, but if you can't full-fill your advertised shipping date, shouldn't it be there obligation to notify people who purchased? If I had known, I would have cancelled this order.

Just curious what other think about this. This is just frustrating as it is my second issue this week (the other one is about 25 minutes from being past their 24 hour promised response window).

Sorry for the frustration. My guess is that they did get packaged up and picked up on 12/6 as stated but probably near the end of the day. FedEx didn't scan them in until Monday. That's why you see a Monday date.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
cortot20 wrote:Looks like I can finally use amazon gift cards to pay for woot purchases. Thanks, this was something i've wanted to be able to do since woot got bought.

How do you do that?

cortot20

quality posts: 161 Private Messages cortot20
chipgreen wrote:How do you do that?

I don't have a gift card to try it on at the moment but you can now use amazon payments to check out so any gift cards you have loaded should show up. I'll probably get a couple for Xmas and I'll give it a try.

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ThunderThighs wrote:What's that brain looking thing next to the glow sticks?

As noted, the Bath & Shower Fizzer. Splits in half.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:As noted, the Bath & Shower Fizzer. Splits in half.

Weird.
//heads to google

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Weird.
//heads to google

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
bhodilee wrote:Since Dewey doesn't love me and won't ship to my state, except they have in the past and I'm very sad. G is almost $50 a bottle here in the one store I know that has it. UGH!

Wait, so for real if we buy the G, you'll come visit??

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

cortot20 wrote:Looks like I can finally use amazon gift cards to pay for woot purchases. Thanks, this was something i've wanted to be able to do since woot got bought.

Oh that's trouble.

Now we just need Prime...

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:

So it's like Alka Seltzer for your body!

FORUM MODERATOR

cortot20

quality posts: 161 Private Messages cortot20
chipgreen wrote:How do you do that?

Ok. Read the fine print and you can't use amazon payments on wine.woot. White Tundra Frost guys! It's really not that hard.

CT

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Daily reminder, as requested: Vote for John Urschel. And thanks to all those faithful followers who are voting multiple times daily on various devices.

Rut Row! John's dropped back to 28%, and Kyle (#3) has surged into #2 with 26%!

Get voting people!!

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:Rut Row! John's dropped back to 28%, and Kyle (#3) has surged into #2 with 26%!

Get voting people!!

So far today I've gotten five in, and if I could figure out what in Ie11 is preventing a vote, it would be more.

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

SWMBO is now sick and Em was up all night throwing up, so it looks like I'm a dbag and gave it to both of them.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
kylemittskus wrote:SWMBO is now sick and Em was up all night throwing up, so it looks like I'm a dbag and gave it to both of them.

It might be more accurate to label yourself a barf bag.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

chipgreen

MarkDaSpark wrote:Rut Row! John's dropped back to 28%, and Kyle (#3) has surged into #2 with 26%!

Get voting people!!

Done.

kylemittskus

chipgreen wrote:Done.

And done.

North316

ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the frustration. My guess is that they did get packaged up and picked up on 12/6 as stated but probably near the end of the day. FedEx didn't scan them in until Monday. That's why you see a Monday date.

No, there were weather delays. Regardless, I like that answer the shirt.woot forum person gave me better anyway. If they arrive late and I do not want them, just write return to sender on the package, put it back in the mail and I will receive a refund when it is received back.

Now if only I can actually get a response on my outstanding CS case...

My CT

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother

Does anyone have a solution to the "I ordered more than one thing and only get tracking for the first thing that shipped" problem?

MarkDaSpark

mother wrote:Does anyone have a solution to the "I ordered more than one thing and only get tracking for the first thing that shipped" problem?

Patience, Grasshopper.

You wait until they ship the second item, when the 2nd tracking number appears. Same for any other items on the order.

The tracking numbers appear as they (FedEx, USPS) get notified. And eventually the tracking info appears.

For example, I ordered the Quadcopter, the Xmas cards, and a shirt on the same order. Got the shipping notification for the copter first, then the shirt.

Both have been received, but I'm still waiting on the cards (which were supposed to ship "around" the 5th).

On the WW side, I got the Little set already, but still waiting on the other notifications for SH, TC, & KR sets on the same order (11/29).

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:Patience, Grasshopper.
On the WW side, I got the Little set already, but still waiting on the other notifications for SH, TC, & KR sets on the same order (11/29).

Wow, my KR arrived last Friday. Perhaps you need to visit your locker more frequently, like Saturday

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Wow, my KR arrived last Friday.

Well, it might be there, but I didn't get any notification on it from WW.

I probably should go down there this week sometime.

Edit: Although it could be that they are getting all my bottles signed and engraved.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
MarkDaSpark wrote:Patience, Grasshopper.

Yeah, I've just not had that experience personally. Things just show up.

In this case I ordered a bunch of wine together and shipped it to my parents as a gift, and they're now worrying about when the rest is going to come...

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm
kylemittskus wrote:And done.

Me, too.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:Me, too.

me too!

rjquillin

Get voting people!!

Safari and Private Browsing works great;
vote, reload, vote, reload...
10~15 times now so far.

We're voting for Kyle, right?

CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
rjquillin wrote:Safari and Private Browsing works great;
vote, reload, vote, reload...
10~15 times now so far.

We're voting for Kyle, right?

Just in case you're not joking, no, no you're voting for John

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

mother wrote:Yeah, I've just not had that experience personally. Things just show up.

In this case I ordered a bunch of wine together and shipped it to my parents as a gift, and they're now worrying about when the rest is going to come...

Haven't had that happen in a while. It just takes forever for them to ship, especially the Woot Plus stuff. Sometimes it seems they don't ship until the whole offer is over.

chipgreen

MarkDaSpark wrote:Haven't had that happen in a while. It just takes forever for them to ship, especially the Woot Plus stuff. Sometimes it seems they don't ship until the whole offer is over.

That's also been my experience on the Plus sales, with an exception or two that arrived earlier than expected.

chipgreen

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Penn State standout John Urschel (Williamsville, N.Y) was named the recipient of the prestigious William V. Campbell Trophy tonight at the National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame's 56th annual celebration of college football.
There are a few days left to vote for John for the Senior CLASS Award. Here's today's reminder. And thanks to all of you who are voting daily.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
ddeuddeg wrote:Penn State standout John Urschel (Williamsville, N.Y) was named the recipient of the prestigious William V. Campbell Trophy tonight at the National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame's 56th annual celebration of college football.
There are a few days left to vote for John for the Senior CLASS Award. Here's today's reminder. And thanks to all of you who are voting daily.

Glad to hear it. Thanks for letting us know.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

cheron98

So those of you on Facebook will have seen already, but here's the opportunity for the rest of you - I'm hosting an online Pampered Chef catalog show. If you or someone you know is interested in ordering a special gift for the chef in your life (or yourself!), please place your order by December 16th for guaranteed Christmas delivery.

rjquillin

ddeuddeg wrote:Penn State standout John Urschel (Williamsville, N.Y) was named the recipient of the prestigious William V. Campbell Trophy tonight at the National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame's 56th annual celebration of college football.

Congrats on this, and in the Chicago way, I've got my 20~30 done so far today.
Great touch typing practice with the Captcha's.

CT

cheron98

rjquillin wrote:Congrats on this, and in the Chicago way, I've got my 20~30 done so far today.

I've been trying to get a few in each day, but you, sir, are a champion.

cheron98

Oh look... Vino Noceto!

North316

Not that it matters, since I will be returning them, but to add to my Ugly Sweater saga...The items were promised to ship out on 12/6. They did not ship until 12/9, or so I thought. Apparently one item shipped on 12/9 and for some reason the other did not ship until today, 5 days after promised. In the end, no harm done as I will return to sender and collect a refund, but doesn't remove the sour taste from my mouth.

Also, now a full 48 hours since I got my CS email telling me they "strive to answer all inquiries within 24 hours if at all possible". Each hour being one less hour I have to shop for the gifts I am waiting on answer to see if I have to replace.

My CT

ddeuddeg

rjquillin wrote:Congrats on this, and in the Chicago way, I've got my 20~30 done so far today.

20~30? Holy Cow!

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

ddeuddeg

North316 wrote:Not that it matters, since I will be returning them, but to add to my Ugly Sweater saga...The items were promised to ship out on 12/6. They did not ship until 12/9, or so I thought. Apparently one item shipped on 12/9 and for some reason the other did not ship until today, 5 days after promised. In the end, no harm done as I will return to sender and collect a refund, but doesn't remove the sour taste from my mouth.

Also, now a full 48 hours since I got my CS email telling me they "strive to answer all inquiries within 24 hours if at all possible". Each hour being one less hour I have to shop for the gifts I am waiting on answer to see if I have to replace.

My experience suggests that you'll be lucky if they read your email successfully, let alone respond appropriately.
This is an exchange I had last month:

To: Support
Subject: Shirt:woot

One of my wife's French students wanted to order the Mon Petit Chou t-shirt from the All Designs page, but it is one of a small number that is designated as Out of Print. The FAQ's mention categories that would make a shirt unavailable, but none seem to apply to this shirt design. Is there a possibility that it might become available again?

Hello ddeuddeg,

Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.

That shirt is probably available in our All Designs catalog, along with nearly every other Shirt.Woot design: http://shirt.woot.com/catalog
A handful of designs are no longer available because of issues surrounding ownership of the rights to the artwork. Sorry about that.

Best regards,
Ray
Woot Member Services

Hello, McFly! I already looked at the All Designs page.

kylemittskus

Remove your email address, ddog.