otolith


quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

2001 3L Corison...so tempted!

edit: sparkolith

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
otolith wrote:2001 3L Corison...so tempted!

edit: sparkolith

Do tell...

CT

klezman


quality posts: 120 Private Messages klezman
otolith wrote:2001 3L Corison...so tempted!

edit: sparkolith



Yeah, that'd be interesting. Open 2020+, maybe not even until 2025.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

chipgreen


quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen

Limited Edition 2001 Corison Napa Valley 3L

Cathy released just 22 of these gorgeous 3L bottles from her vault and had them etched and painted by a local artist. Inside this beautiful package is one of Cathy's all-time favorite wines from the acclaimed 2001 vintage. This gift will put a smile on the face of any collector!

Includes:
Etched and hand-painted label
Signed and numbered by Cathy Corison
$750 each and includes shipping
PURCHASE

We don't call it Cyber Monday around here.

At Corison we are celebrating CABERNET Monday by offering 10% off on any purchase placed by midnight today. Simply enter the coupon code CABMON13 at checkout.

EDIT: am assuming they mean midnight Pacific time which would allow another 2 hours to order. Not sure if you can use the code on the 3L, if so that would knock it down to $675.

They are also featuring;
2005 Corison Napa Valley Magnum in a Custom Box

Magnums are so festive! Combined with this stunning custom box it makes the perfect gift. To ensure your connoisseurs are delighted, we've chosen to feature our 2005 Corison Napa Valley Cabernet. From a long, cool vintage, the '05 is one of Cathy's favorites, a perfect example of power and elegance.

Includes:
1.5L 2005 Corison Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
Custom Corison-branded pine magnum box
$230 each and includes shipping
PURCHASE

.....and.....

Three-bottle Corison Vertical Boxed Set

Corison wines are known for their age-worthiness. We relish the opportunity to taste through a Library vertical as a way to illustrate the magic that happens when time in the Cellar conspires with what Ma Nature and Cathy do with the grapes. We've selected a vertical that showcases how this all comes together.

Includes:
One each 2004, 2005 and 2006 Corison Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
Custom Corison branded 3-bottle box
$280 each and includes shipping
PURCHASE

edthebedhead


quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
chipgreen wrote:Limited Edition 2001 Corison Napa Valley 3L

Cathy released just 22 of these gorgeous 3L bottles from her vault and had them etched and painted by a local artist. Inside this beautiful package is one of Cathy's all-time favorite wines from the acclaimed 2001 vintage. This gift will put a smile on the face of any collector!

Includes:
Etched and hand-painted label
Signed and numbered by Cathy Corison
$750 each and includes shipping

We don't call it Cyber Monday around here.

At Corison we are celebrating CABERNET Monday by offering 10% off on any purchase placed by midnight today. Simply enter the coupon code CABMON13 at checkout.

EDIT: am assuming they mean midnight Pacific time which would allow another 2 hours to order. Not sure if you can use the code on the 3L, if so that would knock it down to $675.

They are also featuring;
2005 Corison Napa Valley Magnum in a Custom Box

Magnums are so festive! Combined with this stunning custom box it makes the perfect gift. To ensure your connoisseurs are delighted, we've chosen to feature our 2005 Corison Napa Valley Cabernet. From a long, cool vintage, the '05 is one of Cathy's favorites, a perfect example of power and elegance.

Includes:
1.5L 2005 Corison Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
Custom Corison-branded pine magnum box
$230 each and includes shipping

.....and.....

Three-bottle Corison Vertical Boxed Set

Corison wines are known for their age-worthiness. We relish the opportunity to taste through a Library vertical as a way to illustrate the magic that happens when time in the Cellar conspires with what Ma Nature and Cathy do with the grapes. We've selected a vertical that showcases how this all comes together.

Includes:
One each 2004, 2005 and 2006 Corison Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
Custom Corison branded 3-bottle box
$280 each and includes shipping




Steep. But... I hear its really really good juice. And I like stuff done by local artists.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

And I got the 1st Big ol' Cornucopia of Crapmas!! Woot!


Edit: Oh, and the Balsamic is up.

Edit2: And it's the start of Gift Week.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
MarkDaSpark wrote:And I got the 1st Big ol' Cornucopia of Crapmas!! Woot!


Edit: Oh, and the Balsamic is up.


And you were the last wooter to woot.

bahwm


quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm
CAGrl wrote:And you were the last wooter to woot.


And I'm home sick with a nasty, scary cough and stuffy head. Heading to the doctor within the hour. Plus, the plumber is back to deal with the stupid leak near the main. Turns out that the age of the pipes probably has had a lot to do with this nonsense. To do it right, we're talking a bunch more money and the city has to come by and install their special connector tomorrow. Oh, joy, oh rapture!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Has anyone heard of or use CreditKarma? I just heard about it today after a friend shared something about it on FB. So far it looks reputable, but I just wanted to make sure if anyone out here has heard anything of it. It certainly would be nice to be able to access my credit score without having to pay the exorbitant fees to those other companies.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Has anyone heard of or use CreditKarma? I just heard about it today after a friend shared something about it on FB. So far it looks reputable, but I just wanted to make sure if anyone out here has heard anything of it. It certainly would be nice to be able to access my credit score without having to pay the exorbitant fees to those other companies.


You are allowed a free credit report every year, but that is without a credit score. Nice thing is most companies use a similar Fair Issac model to get the score (FICO), but depending on use the company may use a proprietary model. And for insurance, the scores are different than for making a loan.

And to answer your question, no knowledge of Credit Karma.


Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Has anyone heard of or use CreditKarma? I just heard about it today after a friend shared something about it on FB. So far it looks reputable, but I just wanted to make sure if anyone out here has heard anything of it. It certainly would be nice to be able to access my credit score without having to pay the exorbitant fees to those other companies.



I keep seeing commercials for a Discover Card (maybe all of them do this, I know nothing of Discover and it's ways) that includes your Credit Score every month on your billing statement. You would be miles ahead to get that instead.

A) you wouldn't have to pay for it
B) you would have more available credit so your balance/available ratio would be greater (which is one of the biggest score killers).

If you already have a Discover card maybe you could switch it to the one that does that (assuming they have different types of cards).

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

chemvictim


quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Has anyone heard of or use CreditKarma? I just heard about it today after a friend shared something about it on FB. So far it looks reputable, but I just wanted to make sure if anyone out here has heard anything of it. It certainly would be nice to be able to access my credit score without having to pay the exorbitant fees to those other companies.



A friend of mine used it, he had no issues. I used creditsesame, but I don't know if the scores are accurate. When I was applying for a mortgage, the score the bank came up with was higher than the creditsesame score.

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
bhodilee wrote:I keep seeing commercials for a Discover Card (maybe all of them do this, I know nothing of Discover and it's ways) that includes your Credit Score every month on your billing statement. You would be miles ahead to get that instead.

If you already have a Discover card maybe you could switch it to the one that does that (assuming they have different types of cards).



Discover is the first credit card I ever got. Anyway, just had a chat with them online and they are switching me over to the It card. It has all the same benefits and stuff as my current original card, with the added thing of the FICO Credit Score being displayed on your monthly statements.

I still may sign up for this Credit Karma thing, for access to the full credit reports and credit protection they offer. But I'll probably wait until I get more info about them.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bhodilee wrote:I keep seeing commercials for a Discover Card (maybe all of them do this, I know nothing of Discover and it's ways) that includes your Credit Score every month on your billing statement. You would be miles ahead to get that instead.

A) you wouldn't have to pay for it
B) you would have more available credit so your balance/available ratio would be greater (which is one of the biggest score killers).

If you already have a Discover card maybe you could switch it to the one that does that (assuming they have different types of cards).



Not just Discover.

Sounds like it's only available to cardholders of Discover's "Discover It" branded credit cards. Barclaycard and First Bankcard customers will have to log on to view their scores.


They are using the Fair Issac Corp (FICO), unlike the free sites (Credit.com, CreditSesame.com and CreditKarma.com) where the scores are derived differently. So using one of those sites should get you a similar score to your actual FICO score.


You can get a copy of your credit reports from all three (TransUnion, Experian, & Equifax) every 12 months from AnnualCreditReport.com, but it doesn't include the FICO score.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
polarbear22 wrote:You are allowed a free credit report every year, but that is without a credit score. Nice thing is most companies use a similar Fair Issac model to get the score (FICO), but depending on use the company may use a proprietary model. And for insurance, the scores are different than for making a loan.

And to answer your question, no knowledge of Credit Karma.

Actually, that's one per year per reporting company, and since there are three major companies you can get one every four months for N/C.

I've used Credit Karma for well over five years now, but not within the past year+. Their reports mimic, but do not replace, what you get from the big three.

If you know a property manager, have them run your report for you. I do this annually as well.

CT

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Discover is the first credit card I ever got. Anyway, just had a chat with them online and they are switching me over to the It card. It has all the same benefits and stuff as my current original card, with the added thing of the FICO Credit Score being displayed on your monthly statements.

I still may sign up for this Credit Karma thing, for access to the full credit reports and credit protection they offer. But I'll probably wait until I get more info about them.



Nope. You can get a free credit report every year from the feds (all three bureaus). That takes care of your credit report.

If your FICO on your statement drops more than say 2 or 3 points (2 points is generally what a credit inquiry drops your score) between statement cycles then it may be worth investigating. Otherwise, if you look at your statements every month and don't see any mysterious charges, there is no need to pay for credit monitoring.

Edit: Unless you're really paranoid, then by all means, do the whole realtime monitoring. We see a lot of people that do LifeLock and while I can't say good or bad, it seems to work out for people (they go so far as to put a consumer statement on your report, which basically says, before you grant any credit you must call me at XXX XXX-XXXX and verify I am placing this request, if they don't call and verify before granting credit, that's not on you).

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
rjquillin wrote:Actually, that's one per year per reporting company, and since there are three major companies you can get one every four months for N/C.

I've used Credit Karma for well over five years now, but not within the past year+. Their reports mimic, but do not replace, what you get from the big three.

If you know a property manager, have them run your report for you. I do this annually as well.



It lowers your score if they do a hard hit, and I'm sure they do since the only "soft" hit is if you already have an account with someone.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

canonizer


quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

d'Ontspille Le Black is drinking very well right now.

signed.

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
bhodilee wrote:It lowers your score if they do a hard hit, and I'm sure they do since the only "soft" hit is if you already have an account with someone.

Not sure I follow you here. "they" as in the credit agency or "they" as in the rental manager? When she's done this for me, it doesn't seem to appear as a hard hit, but perhaps she has that account you are talking about since she's doing this frequently.

CT

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
rjquillin wrote:Not sure I follow you here. "they" as in the credit agency or "they" as in the rental manager? When she's done this for me, it doesn't seem to appear as a hard hit, but perhaps she has that account you are talking about since she's doing this frequently.



Any time someone runs your credit report it lowers your credit score. I want to say it's two points per inquiry (though I believe all inquiries in a 24 hour period count as one "hit") and it takes two years before you recover those points. Incidentally, other "negative" things (missed payments, collections, etc...) drop off your report after 7 years and bankruptcy I wanna say drops off after 10 (though it may be 7 as well, I don't remember). Anyway, the point is, if you have bad credit now, get on top of current bills, stay current and in 7 years it'll be like your bad credit never happened (unless you apply with the people you had bad credit with, they have long memories. I can't count the number of people I've said no to because they went Chpt 7/13 on us. "but it was part of the bankruptcy, so I don't owe that." You're right, you don't, but it doesn't mean I'm gonna let you stick it up my ass again!)

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

chipgreen


quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen

I also use annualcreditreport.com the official free annual credit report website as mandated by the government (and it actually works!). As rj does, I also try to get a report from just one of the 3 credit bureaus at a time so that I can space them out approximately 4 months apart instead of doing 3 at one time, then can't do anymore for 12 months.

Also as mentioned, there is a 2 pt. hit for "hard" inquiries (as in when you apply for a credit card or car loan) but no points are taken off for "soft" inquiries which are generally initiated without your knowledge by companies who want to offer unsolicited credit to you and are trying to gauge your creditworthiness, i.e. credit card offers that arrive in the mail.

Not sure which category an inquiry by a rental agent falls into but IIRC the "hard" and "soft" inquiries are separated on your credit report so you should be able to figure it out by reviewing the report carefully.

EDIT: to add that IMHO "credit protection" is a ripoff.

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Discover is the first credit card I ever got. Anyway, just had a chat with them online and they are switching me over to the It card. It has all the same benefits and stuff as my current original card, with the added thing of the FICO Credit Score being displayed on your monthly statements.

I still may sign up for this Credit Karma thing, for access to the full credit reports and credit protection they offer. But I'll probably wait until I get more info about them.



How about we add you to the thing we already have for me? Credit monitoring services are usually a pretty big rip off since they don't actually do anything for you besides alert you to possible fraud - once the ID theft happens, you're pretty well screwed and on your own. Plus there's soooo many more ways your ID can be thieved besides just credit cards. Like medical records. Yup, someone with your SSN can go in and impersonate you in a hospital and now their condition is your condition. Ain't that fun? Oh yeah, and then their criminal records become your criminal records.

Zander ID Theft protection - guards you against not just credit theft but all kinds of ID theft, cheaper than LifeLock last I checked, and if your ID is compromised, they do all the battles for you - you just say "Make it better". No hassles.

But, y'know, no one ever asks me first.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:How about we add you to the thing we already have for me? Credit monitoring services are usually a pretty big rip off since they don't actually do anything for you besides alert you to possible fraud - once the ID theft happens, you're pretty well screwed and on your own. Plus there's soooo many more ways your ID can be thieved besides just credit cards. Like medical records. Yup, someone with your SSN can go in and impersonate you in a hospital and now their condition is your condition. Ain't that fun? Oh yeah, and then their criminal records become your criminal records.

Zander ID Theft protection - guards you against not just credit theft but all kinds of ID theft, cheaper than LifeLock last I checked, and if your ID is compromised, they do all the battles for you - you just say "Make it better". No hassles.

But, y'know, no one ever asks me first.



Blame your lunk of a hubby for this. He asked here first!


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

otolith


quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Off to see Buffett!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

InFrom


quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
otolith wrote:Off to see Buffett!

Jimmy or Warren?

mother


quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
InFrom wrote:Jimmy or Warren?



Or Old Country?

vaaccess


quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
canonizer wrote:d'Ontspille Le Black is drinking very well right now.



Love that stuff.

Doing blackened tuna, quinoa, and spinach tonight. Need a wine to pair it with. Varietal suggestions?

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

chipgreen


quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen
InFrom wrote:Jimmy or Warren?


Feastin' on Wall Street
Profits are real sweet
Other investors losin' their shirt

Money I have made
Playin' the smart trade
Those fools fight for my crumbs in the dirt

Salt it away again into my bank account
Savin' it up for a rainy day
Some people claim that those big banks are to blame
But I know it's their own damn fault

© chipgreen

vaaccess


quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
vaaccess wrote:Love that stuff.

Doing blackened tuna, quinoa, and spinach tonight. Need a wine to pair it with. Varietal suggestions?



Went with a Wellington Sauvignon Blanc.

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
ddeuddeg wrote:I don't generally do this, but a very fine young man could use your vote in a prestigious awards competition. Offensive lineman don't get the same kind of name recognition that QB's, RB's and WR's get. His name is John Urschel. All he's done so far is finish his Bachelor's degree in 3 years with a 4.0 GPA, majoring in Mathematics, his Master's in 1 year with a 4.0, and is now teaching part-time at Penn State while working on his PhD and completing his final year of football eligibility, after red-shirting his freshman year. And he's a really nice guy. Not your typical college jock, but even so, he still projects to be a high round NFL draft pick. Please consider voting for him, using the link in my signature, as fan voting is 1/3 of the decision.



Done

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
otolith wrote:Off to see Buffett!



Lucky!!

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

well, here we are at week 3 of our new boss..... and he had to talk to me ..... seems the evil one or it as I now call it... went yesterday to complain about me......joy oh joy......she will never be happy....
I now have about 5 different jobs to do....I am hopping to not disappoint.....

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Just a reminder, y'all can vote for John again today. See link in my signature. I actually voted on my computer, phone, and iPad.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
chipgreen wrote:Feastin' on Wall Street
Profits are real sweet
Other investors losin' their shirt

Money I have made
Playin' the smart trade
Those fools fight for my crumbs in the dirt

Salt it away again into my bank account
Savin' it up for a rainy day
Some people claim that those big banks are to blame
But I know it's their own damn fault

© chipgreen



Awesome.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mother


quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
ddeuddeg wrote:Just a reminder, y'all can vote for John again today. See link in my signature. I actually voted on my computer, phone, and iPad.



Done again!

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

Candy basket on home, and we get to choose milk, dark or mixed!
W00t!

CT

tenuki


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
chipgreen wrote:I also use annualcreditreport.com the official free annual credit report website as mandated by the government (and it actually works!). As rj does, I also try to get a report from just one of the 3 credit bureaus at a time so that I can space them out approximately 4 months apart instead of doing 3 at one time, then can't do anymore for 12 months.

Also as mentioned, there is a 2 pt. hit for "hard" inquiries (as in when you apply for a credit card or car loan) but no points are taken off for "soft" inquiries which are generally initiated without your knowledge by companies who want to offer unsolicited credit to you and are trying to gauge your creditworthiness, i.e. credit card offers that arrive in the mail.

Not sure which category an inquiry by a rental agent falls into but IIRC the "hard" and "soft" inquiries are separated on your credit report so you should be able to figure it out by reviewing the report carefully.

EDIT: to add that IMHO "credit protection" is a ripoff.



Interesting, I didn't know about the 2 pts. I wonder if it hurt me since I moved into a new place recently and basically just had potential apartments and then utility companies check my credit without caring. Apparently I have good credit (mostly I had no credit history but paid off what little there was) and it's weird how much easier things are compared to my friend who had to pay like twice the deposit I did, etc.

CT

tenuki


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
rjquillin wrote:Candy basket on home, and we get to choose milk, dark or mixed!
W00t!



I was so excited about the peanut butter cups, apparently I opened it in three tabs

CT

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
tenuki wrote:I was so excited about the peanut butter cups, apparently I opened it in three tabs



Nice. We just had to narrow down our choices so as not to just purchase all of it. Decided I'm going to make my own peppermint bark, and we are passing on the PB cups cuz I'm a Reese's girl.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Also, I would just like to take a moment to thank Wil Wheaton for selecting the Settler Cats Tote as one of the items in his shirt.plus sale, as I was greatly distressed when I missed it last time it was up and it is a key part of a Christmas gift.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"