MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
Winedavid39 wrote:*** MICHIGAN IS A GO ***

Effective immediately.

yippee..

Woot!

Edit: And a T.O.P. to boot!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
vaaccess wrote:Would love to do it at some point. Right now, though, job stuff is questionable so need to be smart with the money...

Yep. Family first. Time enough for the rest later.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20
kylemittskus wrote:There's some bot conspiracy theorist in today's thread. Weirdo.

Maybe I will make very BOT like statements in the future just to rile folks up.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
trifecta wrote:'06 Merlot.... all of my bottles went to WA. They have since put that vintage on "not for sale; library". I have been working on a few people at the winery/TR to let me snag some, but still don't know if the price went up. I will keep you posted.

I have a total of 7 bottles of the meritage (and 4 for you). I am tempted to open one soon because I only had one barrel sample about 3 months before your trip out there. Might need to check in and determine ageability once per year for a while . Their 2012 meritage went straight into the barrel together (cab, merlot, cab franc; all estate) and that is downright ridiculous based on the barrel samples we tried.

In terms of SoCal. We would like to make it down, and we are somewhat targeting February for a trip to Santa Barbara/San Diego, but that will depend on when DnD falls.

Cool...if I have to go in on 2012 Meritage, so be it I liked the 2010 Meritage barrel samples we had in March, which is why I was confidently in for the 4 bottles.

If you happen to get to WA and snag those couple bottles of 06, let me know. Otherwise I'll just keep on keeping on down here. It'd be great if you guys make it down in Feb - you've always got a place to crash.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

RPM 2014 would be fantastic. D&D would be great. Icewine festival obviously would be awesomesauce. Not enough time!

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
klezman wrote:RPM 2014 would be fantastic. D&D would be great. Icewine festival obviously would be awesomesauce. Not enough time!

RPM 2014 would likely be a no-go for us. Already have an Orlando week set for April, and likely a Mackinac (MI) week in August. So no time or funds for a RPM tour. Doing more than 2 "big" vacations a year will basically not be something we can do while we're trying to save for an eventual new home within the next few years.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:RPM 2014 would likely be a no-go for us. Already have an Orlando week set for April, and likely a Mackinac (MI) week in August. So no time or funds for a RPM tour. Doing more than 2 "big" vacations a year will basically not be something we can do while we're trying to save for an eventual new home within the next few years.

Well, what if you cut out the Singles cruise?

Plus, we may have a CyberPub Crush next year in October!!

And besides, aren't criminals ... err, romantics supposed to return to the scene of the crime ... err, proposal?

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cortot20

Stupid leaking water heater...... Grumble grumble grumble.

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
cortot20 wrote:Stupid leaking water heater...... Grumble grumble grumble.

Oh yeah, just did that dance a couple months ago. And missed a gathering at Tim's because of it.

CT

cortot20

rjquillin wrote:Oh yeah, just did that dance a couple months ago. And missed a gathering at Tim's because of it.

We'll see how bad the damage is. Thankfully the water heater is in a closet in the exterior of the house. Not inside like they used to be.

CT

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, what if you cut out the Singles cruise?

Plus, we may have a CyberPub Crush next year in October!!

And besides, aren't criminals ... err, romantics supposed to return to the scene of the crime ... err, proposal?

Only after it's been a year from the wedding

And I'm kind of amazed at being able to do 2 big trips in a year...

D&D is probably a no-go tho

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bahwm

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote: Woot!

Edit: And a T.O.P. to boot!

I like the wine.woot!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:Only after it's been a year from the wedding

And I'm kind of amazed at being able to do 2 big trips in a year...

D&D is probably a no-go tho

I figured that. Especially since you missed last year's in prep for the wedding.

But, but ... if there's a 2014 RPM Tour, it will be almost a year from the wedding!!!!

MarkDaSpark

Leakfrogs are up on Home, if anyone needs them (Water Heater, *cough* )

cheron98

Anyone else remember when leak frogs used to be all the rage?

Yeah, those were the days.

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
cheron98 wrote:Anyone else remember when leak frogs used to be all the rage?

Agree 100%...The good old days. My oh my do I sound like an old fart!

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

cortot20

Doing some cooking tonight with my mom and we decided on a shepherds pie. I have never made or had it before. It uses Madeira or ruby port (my choice) but I'd like to take a bottle of wine to accompany it and I have no idea what would go well with it. Thoughts?

CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
cortot20 wrote:Doing some cooking tonight with my mom and we decided on a shepherds pie. I have never made or had it before. It uses Madeira or ruby port (my choice) but I'd like to take a bottle of wine to accompany it and I have no idea what would go well with it. Thoughts?

Is your mom okay with this? I suppose if I had to meat a gristly end, shepherd's pie would be one of my top choices

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:Is your mom okay with this? I suppose if I had to meat a gristly end, shepherd's pie would be one of my top choices

I'm trying to remember what Sweeney Todd and Mrs. Lovett served with their pies, but I just remember a red wine (probably a Claret).

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
cortot20 wrote:Doing some cooking tonight with my mom and we decided on a shepherds pie. I have never made or had it before. It uses Madeira or ruby port (my choice) but I'd like to take a bottle of wine to accompany it and I have no idea what would go well with it. Thoughts?

Are you really making shepherds pie, or are you using beef?

bhodilee

mother wrote:Are you really making shepherds pie, or are you using beef?

Is it just lamb that's traditional or is it specific cuts? I guess I don't' know. I make it with Beef and call it shepherd's pie. Fail!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

cortot20

mother wrote:Are you really making shepherds pie, or are you using beef?

Beef, it's what's for dinner .

CT

cortot20

MarkDaSpark wrote:I'm trying to remember what Sweeney Todd and Mrs. Lovett served with their pies, but I just remember a red wine (probably a Claret).

Thank you for the one helpful response. The rest of you can suck an egg.

CT

vaaccess

cortot20 wrote:Thank you for the one helpful response. The rest of you can suck an egg.

HAH!

I'd consider a Merlot or a Cab Franc.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
cortot20 wrote:Thank you for the one helpful response. The rest of you can suck an egg.

Yes yes same wines go with mutton as go with ground beef chuck.

You can suck something other than an egg... ;)

bhodilee wrote:Is it just lamb that's traditional or is it specific cuts? I guess I don't' know. I make it with Beef and call it shepherd's pie. Fail!

No idea, but I'd guess offal and tough interception, whatever was cheap enough.

You can make your Sheep-herders pie with whatever you like, but now that it's been pointed out, I'll imagine you too will be bothered enough to call it a cottage pie ;)

cortot20

vaaccess wrote:HAH!

I'd consider a Merlot or a Cab Franc.

Thank you, maybe I'll pop one of the muir-Hanna Merlots to go with it.

CT

MarkDaSpark

Only peripherally was it supposed to help. I was playing on bowtie's response, but I guess you've never seen "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street" as a play or the movie with Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter.

A Merlot might be good as well as vaaccess pointed out.

bhodilee

Eggs are great binders!

cheron98

I would just like to say... Blargh.

Also, SparkySigh.

jawlz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz

I have been neglecting giving close attention to the wine.woot forums, but has there been any actual talk about a 2014 RPM tour outside of this thread? I have missed the two previous tours (the last one conflicted with my honeymoon, alas!), and would be super interested in a future tour, though I got the impression that RPM was pretty burned out after the last set of tours, and that any future tours were not guaranteed.

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:I would just like to say... Blargh.

Also, SparkySigh.

The WineWoot emoticons? Or just a general sigh from me?

MarkDaSpark

jawlz wrote:I have been neglecting giving close attention to the wine.woot forums, but has there been any actual talk about a 2014 RPM tour outside of this thread? I have missed the two previous tours (the last one conflicted with my honeymoon, alas!), and would be super interested in a future tour, though I got the impression that RPM was pretty burned out after the last set of tours, and that any future tours were not guaranteed.

All but the first have not been guaranteed ... it was just a matter of persuading RPM to give it a go.

The last set was too much in one week, since he had to leave the 1st group on their last day for the 2nd (Vets) group's first day.

If we set up a Newbie group for that Wed-Fri, and a Vet group for that Mon-Wed, RPM would be more willing to do it. A lot depends on his HS Reunion, which is usually around the time of our Tours.

But I don't believe we actually start a thread until after Jan. 1st.

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
cheron98 wrote:Anyone else remember when leak frogs used to be all the rage?

Leakfrogs and roombas and sansas and lol catz during wootoffs....

vaaccess

BTW...This CFR wine is seriously awesome. Probably could have given it a 92 instead of a 91. Really impressed...

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:The WineWoot emoticons? Or just a general sigh from me?

You have a very specific sigh when you are particularly bored or frustrated with certain individuals. I call it the SparkySigh

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
vaaccess wrote:BTW...This CFR wine is seriously awesome. Probably could have given it a 92 instead of a 91. Really impressed...

hmmmm making me think....do I need this?

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:You have a very specific sigh when you are particularly bored or frustrated with certain individuals. I call it the SparkySigh

Oh that one!

bahwm

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm

Updates posted on the Icewine Festival forum.

Input needed.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

vaaccess

mommadeb1 wrote:hmmmm making me think....do I need this?

"NEED"??? hahahaha

vaaccess

Going to donate two bottles of wine to a raffle that supports the theater group that my girls are in.

Thinking I'll go with a 2011 Wellington Sauvignon Blanc, but can't decide on the red.

Was considering a Ty Caton Cab, but tasting notes are saying they need to age more and I don't want someone to win the raffle, open it and think it's "not good"...Ya know?

Hmmm...

Considered a Gundlach Bundschu, but don't know that I can give up those cabs.

Considered a Wellington Victory, but I only have two...!

Hmm....