shahnm

quality posts: 27 Private Messages shahnm

I tried to hold out since the moment this was up for sale last night.

Uncle.

I'm in.

maitredgreg2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maitredgreg2

I'm not much of a Merlot drinker, but I had the 2003 Hanna Muir Cabernet last night, and it was delish. I can't wait to purchase more, if it comes around again. But there's a 50/50 chance, I may cave in on these also.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fredrinaldi
maitredgreg2 wrote:I'm not much of a Merlot drinker, but I had the 2003 Hanna Muir Cabernet last night, and it was delish. I can't wait to purchase more, if it comes around again. But there's a 50/50 chance, I may cave in on these also.

Good stuff huh? I didn't try the Merlot, but I did have the blend, and while not as good as the Cab, its solid & @ $15 a bottle I think you can't lose here

woottoady

quality posts: 34 Private Messages woottoady

Ahhhhh.... a decent break from Woot's Halloween "wines".

hokiedevil

quality posts: 9 Private Messages hokiedevil
shahnm wrote:I tried to hold out since the moment this was up for sale last night.

Uncle.

I'm in.

Ditto. This one looks too good to pass up!

billmuirhannawinery

quality posts: 2 Private Messages billmuirhannawinery

I hope all of you on the fence will take the leap-the wine is good and you will help simplify my semi-retirement life. A little anecdote. The French consulate in SF arranged a tour in Napa for some visiting winemakers and asked us to be one of the hosts. We served our chard, pinot noir, merlot, and reserve (bord. blend). Of course I mentioned the chard was from the winner of the 76 Paris tasting. The mood gradually went from lots of good natured banter to hushed discussions between a couple of people. One of the staff told me that they 1-couldn't believe how good (and French) the wine tasted, and 2-we had Bordeaux and Burgundy on the same property and made equally good wines from each. Best compliment I ever had, I think.

maitredgreg2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maitredgreg2

Okay! After so much contemplation,... I bit on
this one, because of their
2003 Cabernet,which I wished I tasted before the "woot off" because I would have definitely bought more of that delicious wine. Mmm Mmm Good!!

gdstuart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gdstuart
chipgreen wrote:Yes, this one.

Or if completely unaware of how to find the current offer's ship-to list, simply click on the picture of the wine bottles on this page or the main wine.woot page (or click the "I want one" button) and scroll down below the descriptions of the wine(s) to see the ship-to list.

Thank you, chipgreen, but you all miss my point. I did not see (nor think to check) the list of approved in-ship states because New Jersey DOES permit shipping of wines from out-of-state wineries and vendors, without any interference from LCB authorities or any other gov't agencies. It's treated like any other FedEx or UPS shipment, just needs an adult to sign for it. I'm questioning whether this is an oversight on Woot's part and simply wanted to request that they clarify why this is the case, not just have all you guys brush me off as a non-adult or otherwise illiterate. Any ideas why this situation exists? Woot cust service tells me it's up to the individual winery, but reading this thread it appears to be a Woot-wide issue with all wineries.

And "Whassup?" is just a friendly New-Jersey-ism, not anything meant to be disrespectful. I'll endeavor to be more adult-like and less colloquial in my future postings.