otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

TOP o' the morning! :D

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

InFrom

quality posts: 32 Private Messages InFrom
otolith wrote:TOP o' the morning! :D

How long have you been waiting for the chance to do that?

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
MarkDaSpark wrote:Columbus Day ... which is supposed to be insensitive to Native Americans, both North, Central, & South.

So are the Washington Redskins, but the only thing I find offensive is their play on the field.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning Winers.

My sleep tracker says my sleep was 82% efficient. Should be an 82% good day then, right?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
North316 wrote:So are the Washington Redskins, but the only think I find offensive if their plan on the field.

you got autocorrected. I hate autocorrect most of the time.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
North316 wrote:So are the Washington Redskins, but the only think I find offensive if their plan on the field.

But is the rain in Spain staying mainly on the plain?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

otolith

InFrom wrote:How long have you been waiting for the chance to do that?

39 posts...39 posts.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
ThunderThighs wrote:Morning Winers.

My sleep tracker says my sleep was 82% efficient. Should be an 82% good day then, right?

With the slow/shutdown, the government is now 83% effective, 17% having been told to go home... Not sure how that's going to work out.

CT

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
North316 wrote:So are the Washington Redskins, but the only thing I find offensive is their play on the field.

You mean the Potomac Drainage Basin Indigenous Persons?

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

bhodilee

coynedj wrote:You mean the Potomac Drainage Basin Indigenous Persons?

TMQ FTW! I've had an email exchange with him. Super nice guy.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

otolith

ThunderThighs wrote:Morning Winers.

I would love to be 82% efficient!

--John Muir

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:Gotta go to a NYS language teachers' conference this weekend here in Buffalo. I just remembered that Monday is a holiday! Yeah!

what holiday? the kids have friday off and teachers have meetings all day...these are the days I am glad I'm a sub

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
mommadeb1 wrote:what holiday? the kids have friday off and teachers have meetings all day...these are the days I am glad I'm a sub

We have a 1/2 day with students on Friday. 19 minute classes and no lunch for the students. Gotta work on SLOs. Grrrrr. Monday we're off for Columbus Day. I'm in need of a day off. Plus, we need to start getting ready (planning and cleaning) for our Shakespeare Benefit Dinner for 12 at our place on Nov. 2nd!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

Just had a wonderful dinner with mother. I tried posting from my phone at school earlier, but, somehow, it didn't work. We went to Tabree. Got to see the owners and also Mike A from Seabar decided to stop in for dinner. It was great to spend some time with mother.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:We have a 1/2 day with students on Friday. 19 minute classes and no lunch for the students. Gotta work on SLOs. Grrrrr. Monday we're off for Columbus Day. I'm in need of a day off. Plus, we need to start getting ready (planning and cleaning) for our Shakespeare Benefit Dinner for 12 at our place on Nov. 2nd!

what a strange concept.. no lunch for the kids.... when we have half days, the kids still get lunch... more like brunch...

I have to get my house ready for thanksgiving....really wasn't planning on me working everyday... not that I am not appreciative/grateful to be working... the only break I got today was the kids lunch break.. I ended up doing the jobs of 2 people.again... and I am still having to deal with the wicked witch at work....I am doing my best to be professional.......

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:what a strange concept.. no lunch for the kids.... when we have half days, the kids still get lunch... more like brunch...

I have to get my house ready for thanksgiving....really wasn't planning on me working everyday... not that I am not appreciative/grateful to be working... the only break I got today was the kids lunch break.. I ended up doing the jobs of 2 people.again... and I am still having to deal with the wicked witch at work....I am doing my best to be professional.......

I don't remember us not doing lunch before, but dismissal is at 11:20, I think. I can't believe that you only get the kid's lunch break free. Isn't there a law about that? How many hours are you working?

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:I don't remember us not doing lunch before, but dismissal is at 11:20, I think. I can't believe that you only get the kid's lunch break free. Isn't there a law about that? How many hours are you working?

I'm sure there is a law about my break time.... I am the one volunteering my break time to make sure the kids don't get short changed... it will all work out in the end... today I got to work at 7:50ish and was done around 3:40ish...

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 19 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

X-posted from daily offer thread...

blaculadave wrote:GREAT NEWS EVERYONE! We've had a fantastic late-breaking update. NY shipping is back on!

Anyone see this "staff" post from the Ty offer thread?

MarkDaSpark

But is the rain in Spain staying mainly on the plain?

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

MarkDaSpark wrote:But is the rain in Spain staying mainly on the plain?

Methinks there is trouble in River City ... or at least on the Woot servers. I already posted this 14 hours ago. And was at dinner when this was "posted".

ThunderThighs?

Cause I already noticed her shenanigans when posting in the Gatherings thread.

MarkDaSpark

pseudogourmet98 wrote:X-posted from daily offer thread...

Anyone see this "staff" post from the Ty offer thread?

WD confirmed it in the NY Shipping thread!

Winedavid39 wrote:Confirmed. NY is back in business! very happy indeed.

Whoo Hoo!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:Methinks there is trouble in River City ... or at least on the Woot servers. I already posted this 14 hours ago. And was at dinner when this was "posted".

ThunderThighs?

Isn't she cuuuuuuuuute?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:Methinks there is trouble in River City ... or at least on the Woot servers. I already posted this 14 hours ago. And was at dinner when this was "posted".

ThunderThighs?

Orange ya glad she did that? I am!

kkv123

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kkv123

A big shout out to all the Clambakers!

My nephew's prospective college tour has reached New Haven. Upon receiving a text yesterday from his mother on the train, I was able to quickly set up a rental car and convenient hotel, and provide tasting notes for no less than four spots for pizza as well as a recommendation for sushi. And if they had some spare time, I knew where they could find a fabulous farmer's market and a nice little beach for a picnic.

My sister's stunned reply was that she didn't know that I visited New Haven that often.

THANK YOU, MOTHER! :-) If there is talk of another gathering, count me in.

Missing you all!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
bahwm wrote:Of course, there is also the ever popular Ice Wine Festival in January. I think it's the last three weekends in January. Some of us have off on Monday, January 20th. I'll start a thread soon for further discussion.

Needs passport....

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

InFrom wrote:How long have you been waiting for the chance to do that?

He haunts the thread at all hours just waiting.

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:But is the rain in Spain staying mainly on the plain?

So long as hurricanes hardly ever happen in Hartford, Hereford, and Hampshire.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 204 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

MarkDaSpark wrote:Whoo Hoo!!!

Yea, very happy about NY. hoping the other states will fall in due course.

bahwm

cheron98 wrote:Needs passport....

Still????? He's had a year to do that--at least! Still has time, my guess is that he could get it by January, 2014. It doesn't take three months to get a passport!

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
Winedavid39 wrote:Yea, very happy about NY. hoping the other states will fall in due course.

You make it sound like you're laying siege to these states. You go WD!

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

mommadeb1

LOOONNNGG week! I don't have to go into work tomorrow... but think I will for just a bit....had another run in with wicked witch... I feel sorry for someone who is soooo miserable, that they need to be so hateful to others.....

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 19 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
bahwm wrote:Still????? He's had a year to do that--at least! Still has time, my guess is that he could get it by January, 2014. It doesn't take three months to get a passport!

It might if the federal government stays in shutdown mode.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
bahwm wrote:Just had a wonderful dinner with mother. I tried posting from my phone at school earlier, but, somehow, it didn't work. We went to Tabree. Got to see the owners and also Mike A from Seabar decided to stop in for dinner. It was great to spend some time with mother.

It was great to get to catch up with you two. It had been entirely too long!

Also completely rescued a bleh business trip to Niagara Falls.

kkv123 wrote:
THANK YOU, MOTHER! :-) ...snip...

Missing you all!

You're welcome ;) Missing you too kkv!

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
cmaldoon wrote:You make it sound like you're laying siege to these states. You go WD!

WD has surrounded Vicksburg..hope it falls before the 4th of July

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bahwm wrote:Still????? He's had a year to do that--at least! Still has time, my guess is that he could get it by January, 2014. It doesn't take three months to get a passport!

It took us less then 3 weeks to get our when we did.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

Cesare

quality posts: 1645 Private Messages Cesare
pseudogourmet98 wrote:It might if the federal government stays in shutdown mode.

North316 wrote:It took us less then 3 weeks to get our when we did.

Passports are being processed during the shutdown, in 4 weeks or less.
http://travel.state.gov/passport/

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bahwm

Cesare wrote:Passports are being processed during the shutdown, in 4 weeks or less.

Thanks, Cesare! Too tired to do the google.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
Cesare wrote:Passports are being processed during the shutdown, in 4 weeks or less.

That's way faster than it was post 9/11.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

otolith

cheron98 wrote:He haunts the thread at all hours just waiting.

Not really.

And I've done it before.

--John Muir

kkv123

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kkv123
mother wrote:You're welcome ;) Missing you too kkv!

PM for you.